[ADV] Shards of Memory

Taiska

Re: [ADV] Shards of Memory

Post by Taiska » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:20 pm

Yumi sat on the relatively soft bedding and picked up her now damp cheastplate, staring into the dull grey piece. She let out a soft sigh as she pulled her legs up onto the beg and crossed them, examining the armor in more detail. The metallic plate had a few scratches on it from when she had fallen in front of the Inn. She expected as much and it's not like she expected it to be in perfect shape, but having it look like this before even fighting a single enemy depressed her even more. She could repair it at a later time, it's not like the scratches will affect the armor's effectiveness. The only positive thing that should could think of coming from the soaked armor was that it had washed away most of, if not all of the dirt in the pieces she hadn't cleaned yet. Yumi set the piece to the side gently, carefully setting it aside and picking up her gauntlets. They clattered a bit as she picked them up and sat them on the bed. She began examining the gauntlets for any dents, but she only found more minor scratches.

She hoped that all of this water wouldn't ruin her armor, because then she would be without starting equipment which was basically a death wish. She heard some rapid footsteps just outside of the door and she guessed that it was Rukagi. Yumi straightened her back, folded her legs and crossed her arms before staring directly at the door. It's not that she blamed Rukagi for what happened at the plaza, but she had to punish him for seeing her in such a compromising outfit. As he walked through the door, she shot him the hardest glare that she could pull off, reaching out for the rags almost immediately. She grabbed one of the rags swiftly but not aggressively, she didn't want him to think that she was too mad. She moved the gauntlets from her lap onto the bed and grabbed her chestplate, running the rag over the smooth surface. You probably don't trust me to help you clean up again at this point, huh? She shifted her gaze to him once again but this time it was softer, betraying her tone. "Well, I wouldn't turn down an extra hand."

She continued running the rag over the damp armor, the cloth absorbing most of the excess moisture. Her gazed focused on the armor piece, making sure to clean all of the joints and rivets, occasionally pulling her hair behind her ear. The next to enter was Aki and the new lady, she lifted her gaze from her work and greeted them as they came in. She listened to Aki as she sat down and imaginined the warm kiss of a hot bath, the warm water melting her sorrows away. "I wonder if there is a bath somewhere around here. If not I need to find a bath house soon." She remarked, looking to Aki. The new lady plopped down onto a bed and eventually sat some strange things down onto the floor. She wasn't going to ask questions though. "So, I didn't catch your name, mine is Yumi." She said setting her work aside for a moment and extending her hand.
Prosperity tries the fortunate, adversity the great

SuXeSoN

Post by SuXeSoN » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:30 am

"Well, I wouldn't turn down an extra hand." At that response, Rugaki's face lit up just a bit. "Oh.." He softly exclaimed in pleasant surprise. Before bending down to pick up Yumi's gauntlets, "I'll clean these then." He stated plainly. He threw the bundle of rags onto the empty space on the bed, right beside Yumi. Before taking his own seat on another bed next to hers, so that he was sitting across the light-haired girl. "You know, in retrospect. I don't think a lot of people would have noticed you in that chaotic crowd." He tried to comfort the girl. "Many were too occupied with getting out of the crowd itself..." He started wiping and running the rags across her gauntlets, doing his best to get into the joints and tight spots. Wearing heavy armour is a real drag huh. He thought to himself. Being a light/medium armour himself, he didn't really know how much of a bother it is to clean heavy armour all the time. If not for that, he would've probably gone to sleep as soon as his head hits the pillow.

He turned to the door as it opened to reveal Aki, who groaned about a bath, followed by Yumi. Considering that they had a pretty rough time just now, it was no surprise that everyone in this room would like a nice relaxing bath. "At least the room is warm enough to dry us off." He would personally do fine without one. The red head followed her, and dropped some stuff next to her bed. "Intriguing." He muttered as he looked at the materials. A large cleaver, and some silk. "Say, what kinda play style are you going for? Light armour and heavy weaponry is an unusual combo. But it works with the right play style." A moment of realization then came to him as soon as he said that.

"Oh yeah.. We should figure out our own play styles so we don't have poor synergy... I'm basically going to be an acrobatic Dual-Wielding DPS."
If you clean your vacuum cleaner, you're making your vacuum cleaner, and you're a vacuum cleaner.

Loyal to none but the one true King... OZYMANDIO-DA!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Aki

“A bathhouse?” Aki flicked her fingers up and with a few taps of the interface a map appeared. She frowned slightly as she studied the map. The layout of the city was simple enough, eight main streets, and numerous side streets branching in between. It seemed most of the premarked shops on the map were along the main streets, but Aki didn't know if everything in the city was marked or if the map would update as you explored the city.

As she searched, a thought nagged at the edges of her mind. Why did she care so much anyway? She was just a collection of polygons the discomfort she felt, that chill of her skin, or the feeling of her damp clothes clinging to her were all weren't real. She could go the whole game without bothering with a bathhouse and it wouldn't matter, still, some little irrational bit of grey matter kept her scanning the map.

Was it her simply hoping for a feeling of normalcy?

Did it just make for a nice distraction to keep from thinking about their situation for a few more minutes?

Aki tapped the map twice.

“If we ever want to drop by a bathhouse, there is one a street over.” She said. Her gaze shifted to Natz as the girl materialized a heap of silk, as asked if any of them could do anything with it. Aki’s fingers once more danced across the interface. “Yeah hold on, I have sewing.” Aki said. A tap closed her map, and another one brought up her sewing skill.

“Let's see, with level one sewing and silk I can make…” she mumbled to herself as she scrolled down a list. “Silk gloves and li--” the word lingerie caught in her throat. Who the hell designed this game? Why was that even-- she glanced sidelong at Rugaki before looking back at Natz. “Uh, undergarments.” She finished with an awkward clearing of her throat and a wave of her hand to dismiss the menu.

With a faint tinge of pink on her cheeks she half turned towards Rugaki and unsnapped her rapier still in its scabbard from her hip. “Critical DPS, agility and dexterity for my main stats.” She offered up.

Hisa
“Alright, two beds it is.” Hisa said, tapping the confirmation icon and snagging the room key off the NPC as it was offered. With a nod of her head she motioned for the two to follow her as she walked over to the staircase and hurried on up taking two at a time. It wasn't long before she reached their floor, and slid her key into the lock of the room. A twist of her wrist and voila, the door was open. As the old adage when, you get what you paid for, the room was cosey, in that Hisa chose think of it as cosey over claustrophobic. The room was small, a desk in over corner, a pair of beds pushed into another. The room was dimly lit, a small oil lantern on the desk and what trickled in through the window made up the only real light.

Hisa could clearly hear the rain outside drumming against the window. With a sigh she looked back to the door as her companions entered, and slicked her damp hair back, away from her eyes.

“Well, as I have a sinking feeling that this is going to be a common issue this floor, I think talking about clothing and weather effects is a good place to start.” She said with a grin. “So, this game has three main types of armors.”

She stuck up a finger.

“Cloth.”

Her middle joined her index,

“Leather.”

Her ring joined that one.

“Metal.” Hisa dropped her hand. “Now, all three of these armors handle water differently. Metal deals with water the worst, if you fall into a pool it makes it harder for you to swim, and whenever it gets wet you’ll want to dry it off; if metal gets wet and remains wet for a long period of time it can tarnish or rust. Which is really bad. Leather on the other hand will waterlog if it gets too wet, which will also make it harder to move, it is also important to dry leather off if it gets too wet as it can start to rot.” Hisa shrugged.

“Last is cloth, when it gets wet, its mostly just inconvenient. Cloth won't rot or rust, it won't hinder your movement as much as leather when waterlogged, and it mostly just cold.” She reached up and tugged at her shirt. “When they get wet, you’ll need a towel to dry them and yourself off, if you wait on the timer and let them dry naturally that's when the rust or rot happens.”

She swiped her menu open, and spun it around so the other two could see it. “Whenever you are your clothing is wet, in your inventory screen you will see this little water droplet icon here.” She tapped the one next to her head, then a different one next to her cape. “Your personal one won't really go down until after your clothes have dried off, and so long as you are wearing your clothes they too will dry slowly. Resting next to a fire, using a towel, or removing your clothes and putting dry ones on will all speed up the process.” She again tapped her cape which, and hit the unequip icon. With a flash of light the cape vanished from her shoulder. She scrolled through her inventory until she found the cape again.

“As you can see, it’ll cut the natural drying time by half once you take it off.” She said, motioning towards the timer which now read fifteen minutes.

“Alright that was a lot to get through, any questions?”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

SuXeSoN

Post by SuXeSoN » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:11 pm

He didn't realize it, but Rugaki was mindlessly rubbing the armour as he was listening to the conversation between Aki and Natz. Not that he was intentionally eavesdropping, they just caught his attention. Aki was going through the items she could make with her sewing level when she hesitated at a certain word. Lingerie?! It wasn't difficult to infer what she was going to say. He caught her glance. Then pretended to turn his attention back to the armour. Despite that, Rugaki didn't look all too bothered. He just knew how sensitive girls were about this sort of thing. Thanks to his sister. He's gotten used to the awkward trips to the convience store to fetch her some.. Women exclusive sanitary. Compared to that, this was nothing.

He looked back up again when Aki mentioned her role. "Critical Build huh.. Sounds like fun, maybe I should try that out sometime.." Rugaki smiled back to the blushing girl as if nothing happened. He spoke again as he returned his attention to the gauntlets. "Say, Yumi, you're going to be a dedicated tank? That'll be really helpful. Parties last so much longer thanks to tanks."
If you clean your vacuum cleaner, you're making your vacuum cleaner, and you're a vacuum cleaner.

Loyal to none but the one true King... OZYMANDIO-DA!

Taiska

Post by Taiska » Thu May 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Yumi tenderly ran the dry cloth over her nearly dry cuirass, taking great care to dry every single inch of the previously soaked piece. After a few seconds, she had successfully dried the dull, grey breastplate. As she finished, Yumi let out a small sigh of relief, pushing her white hair behind her ears. She sat the rag down beside her and grabbed the armor with both hands, looking it up and down for any type of moisture. After she had effectively scoured the piece for anything that could rust or tarnish her precious armor, she began swiping the air with her forefinger. She tapped the small bottle of oil in her inventory that came with her beginner's heavy armor set. Small blue polygons materialized a small black bottle in her hand. She grabbed one of the clean rags, and deftly opened the bottle before applying a small amount of oil to the rag. She then began rubbing the solution onto the armor in small circles, being sure to apply the oil to every inch of the armor.

As she was oiling her chestplate, she heard Rukagi's words of comfort and nodded softly as she ran the oiled rag over the metal surface. She looked at him and smiled genuinely, but only for a moment. Her face became red and her smile twisted into a grimace. "Are you saying that I'm short?!" She shouted, glaring at the black haired boy. She 'Hmph'-ed and turned her back to him, and resumed oiling her cuirass. As she rubbed the oil onto the armor, she looked at Aki, hearing what she said about the bath.

"Aki, wanna hit the bath after it stops raining? It would probably help us relax, especially after what has happened today. Before the rain started, I was able to pick up some quests, so when we get back we can take a look at those."

She turned her attention back toward her armor and finished oiling the breastplate. She didn't want to over-oil it, so she laied it down and grabbed her greaves, beginning to dry them of with a newer, dry cloth.

ButteryPancake
Meaningless Title

Post by ButteryPancake » Mon May 07, 2018 4:11 am

Ichiro still followed close to his new guide, keeping all the questions in his mind and trying to accomodate his mind into this new environment. His pace, however, was a bit slower than Hisa's; he went upstairs one step at a time. The dampness was starting to bother him, and he hoped she would provide with a fast solution to it. It was a game after all, right? After arriving upstairs it only took a moment for their respective room's door to be opened, and for Ichiro to come inside alongside Koriko. The inside wasn't a luxury suit, but at least it provided shelter from the rain and some light. Ignoring the fact that it looked, and felt, like a matchbox, this is good enough for a place in which you've been just thrown to die.

After Hisa's explanation about how wet equipment worked, Ichiro immediately opened his own inventory interface and unequipped the chest piece he had on him. "It's nice to know this, even though my equipment came rusted from the box." A light chuckle left him, hoping that his words would facilitate future interactions within the group. The blonde man took a deep breath, almost relieved from the burden of his armor, and kept both eyes on his inventory. "Well, it seems that this works a lot like real life, which makes things easier for me. Also, how do we dry our equipment manually? Or is there something I missed?" He asked, raising an eyebrow almost instinctively.
Should you be lucky enough to balance the correct number of murdered babies with adequate hours of volunteer service at children's cancer hospitals, you'll end up Neutral.

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Sat May 19, 2018 5:36 am

Koriko stared about the room and noted the minimalist look. Two beds, a desk and a lamp. Rather than feel sad or cheated in any way, Koriko was actually excited. This was a bedroom with one big bed to share and they could spend time talking and have their own little sleepover. Koriko sat on the edge of the bed as she listened to Hisa's explanation of armor types and the effects of weather. For the most part, it seemed like the game was supposed to work more realistically than she thought what with all the rusting and waterlogging. At least it was intuitive enough for her to play, she thought.

“Alright, that was a lot to get through, any questions?”

"Well, it seems that this works a lot like real life, which makes things easier for me. Also, how do we dry our equipment manually? Or is there something I missed?"

"I think there was a towel but where do we get the towel from? .....actually I- uhh... how do you guys do the menu thing?" Koriko attempted to mimic their gestures and movements only to realize nothing worked. She worried that the functions weren't set to default making it all the more difficult to use. Or maybe she was just doing it all wrong?
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu May 24, 2018 4:48 am

Aki
“Critical builds were fun in the alpha at least, just have to be accurate at all.” Aki chuckled.

Aki’s gaze flicked to the window, rain still pelted against the glass. It definitely seemed like the sort of rain that would stick around for a while but, it was a game after all. And, even if it didn’t, Aki supposed that running through the rain to get to a warm bath wouldn’t exactly be too bad. With a sigh, Aki leaned back in her seat raised her arms above her head as she stretched out her back.

“Yeah, a bath sounds like it would be great, I say we wait an hour, if it’s still raining we should just dash out anyway, worse that happens we get wet again before we have a bath.” She shrugged, “I suppose we should stick as a group when we poke around for quests too. Could go do it now, no one else would be out in the rain, and we do have our room secured.” She offered up a ‘up to you guys’ sort of shrug.

Hisa
“Yeah, you can use a towel, you can ask for a free one at an inn, you can, for cloth, also take the wet piece of clothing off and wring it out by hand. Sitting near a fire speeds it up too.” Hisa paused, her brow knitting as she watched Koriko’s hand. Hisa flicked her hand, as Koriko did to be certain she was doing it correctly, and lo and behold the menu appeared. With a concerned “huh” Hisa stepped over to Koriko and gently took hold of the younger girl’s wrist. She flicked the arm, and well, nothing happened.

“Do you know if you might have changed any of your settings when you created your character?” Hisa asked, a frown curling her lip. “You might have changed the hand motion needed to open your menu up?”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Diamantine

Post by Diamantine » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:07 pm

Natz sighed and slumped further into the bad, mumbling to herself. How...how could anyone be so heartless and cruel as to trap such young, impressionable people in a death game like this? Was this some sort of sick spartan training experiment to remove the weak and unskilled from the genepool of humanity? Were they doing some kind of research on human psychology under pressure? Were they really going to die, or was it all fake to get them to act naturally?" She had no way of knowing and it made her feel strange. On one hand, it could all just be a big hoax, to get them to experience hell for science, it seemed likelier than actual mass murder, and besides, even if it were, the cops would come looking for the developers after the players suddenly go missing, right? On the other, if it was real, they wouldn't have gone through with it if they didn't think they could get away with it one hundred percent. The real question is...why?

Natz stopped thinking about it. She didn't want to worry herself into an early grave. She wasn't the kind of person who would go into hysterics, at least not usually. She had to be calm and optimistic. Tomorrow she would go and see if she could find anyone who could help her with the silk she had, they were getting very heavy, it would be nicer to wear it as something, much lighter too.

Taiska

[ADV] Shards of Memory

Post by Taiska » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 pm

Yumi sat on her bed for a while, finishing drying her greaves and beginning to apply a thin layer of protective oil over the iron exterior. She took great care in making large, circular patterns when applying the oil as to distribute it evenly to the entire piece. She looked up from oiling her armor for a bit, out of the only window in the room and sighed. "Doesn't look like the rain'll be letting up tonight. Might as well just wait until the rain has cleared up tomorrow morning to take a bath." She smiled genuinely to Aki before returning to work on her greaves.

Visions came to her mind as she calmly rubbed the oil onto her armor, visions of all the times she died in the Beta. A shudder went down her spine as she recalled every death, each one wearing down on her mental state. Each pixelated shatter that she heard in her mind reverberated throught her body, and soon enough her calm, steady hand became shakey and erratic. Half-way through polishing her greaves, she had to stop, their current situation's weight finally catching up to her. With a loud clunk her greaves fell to the floor, the youth grabbed her head and began violently shaking, unable to control herself. She moved her hands from her head to hide her crimson eyes as small tears began forming streams that lead down her face. Fairly slowly, she lowered herself onto her pillow, still visibly shaken and began sobbing silently to herself.

Prosperity tries the fortunate, Adversity the great