(NEW) [RP] The Empire of Celestia

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

kitkat871

Re: (NEW) [RP] The Empire of Celestia

Post by kitkat871 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:23 pm

Aphra didn't need to be facing Tarroc to realise that what she'd said had annoyed him. However, she had to stick to her own convictions. If she'd learnt anything during her time in the Palace, it was that even the most objective people suffered from subjectivity. Aphra knew that she was most definitely guilty of such a crime but had also come to realise that in their own way everybody was. To that extent Aphra remained true to her own beliefs in spite of what Tarroc said. She also understood why Tarroc was acting the way that he was but it still infuriated Aphra to no end. He'd been very quick to inject himself into the situation and now seemed intent on changing the objective of the group entirely. Aphra took a mental note about needing to find a way to limit Tarroc in the event of him getting out of hand.

"Don't try to lecture me like you're my dad Tarroc. Let's make that absolutely clear now. You're not his equal. Do you think that the principle of a backup plan is lost on me? It isn't some ancient concept of the Dragons, let me assure you. However, I'd like to remind you that one of the core fundamentals of a backup plan is that we attempt to execute the primary plan first. You've had nothing but death and murder and fire on your mind since you learned about this. You come here asking for my respect and my mother's hand and yet you don't have the decency to refer to Arturia properly. May I ask you something? What's your backup plan? Hide in a volcano for another two thousand years?" Aphra yelled, he eyes and features becoming more bestial. Her skin began to pale and crack.

"On second thoughts, allow me to apologize for my rudeness. It was much longer than that, wasn't it? " She continued, before realising that she was beginning to let her inner beast out.

Aphra put her hands over her face, her skin rippling as she tried to regain control of her emotions.
Sig.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:05 am

Tarroc's eyes narrowed, and he spoke in a low, dangerous tone, anger in his voice for the first time, "I hid myself away because I was sick and tired of the fighting. I left, because there was no where I could go, that people would not come after me, with the intent on killing me for glory, and I did not want to have to kill anyone anymore."

He took a step forward, and the heat radiating off of him because increasing rapidly, the air shimmering in the heat waves, and the ground under him baking. "Do you know WHY I plan for the worst at all times, Aphra? Shall I tell you!?" He paused, rather close to them, and he growled out, "Because my carelessness and my softness got my father killed. It got my grandfather killed, and it got my entire RACE killed. The blood of an entire civilization will forever be on MY hands, because of MY actions."

As he said these words, memories crept into his mind, and in his anger, the links that dragons used to share their memories with other dragons opened, causing Aphra and Arturia to see things, scenes from his past.

They were scenes of unspeakable horror, and tragedy, of a man who resembled Tarroc, dead on the floor, his throat torn out, and Tarroc sobbing, on his knees by his side. Another scene was of a city, obviously once beautiful, burning, filled with smoke and the sound of screaming, and sobbing, and fear. There were young dragons dead left and right, other dragons roaring for their young, desperately trying to find them.

The scenes wouldn't stop flashing, and they began speeding up. Tarroc's first kill was revealed, a much younger and smaller Tarroc in a cave, with the dead body of a larger Dragon in front of him. Tarroc took his human form, and as he did, it was revealed he was covered in blood, and he was pale and shaking. Tarroc then ran to the wall of the cave and vomited, horror evident on his face.

A hundred memories of Tarroc being attacked flashed rapidly, of men shooting arrows and casting magic at Tarroc. Memories of Tarroc trying to be a normal person, and stay in his human form, only to be discovered and have people try to kill him, calling him a monster.

Suddenly Tarroc reeled back, forcing the link shut. He was pale, and he shook slightly, as if the memories had a strong affect on him. He closed his eyes, and he grit his teeth tight, the sound of bone and cartilage creaking under stress becoming audible.

Tarroc took a few steps back, and he spoke in a softer, more calm tone, but there was pain evident in his voice, "I do not wish for bloodshed, Aphra, Arturia. That is not what I desire. I truly hope you are correct, and that Dorian merely wishes to be part of this world, but I will not let my hopes and wishes cause me to make further mistakes. I will not let others die because of my mistakes. If the need arises for evil to be done, then I'll do it, for my hands are already soaked in the blood of my people, and it will allow me to prevent you from having to do it instead."

Tarroc sighed softly, sitting down with his back against a tree. He didn't look angry, or proud anymore. He didn't hold himself like a king, or a warrior, or a conquerer. He sat there, his face in his hands, looking for all the world like a man who had lost everything, and just wanted the pain to end. He just wanted to belong somewhere, where he could have peace, and not have to worry about anything anymore....
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Khol

Post by Khol » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:39 am

Arturia nearly dropped the bags as she rushed to Aphra's side once she saw how she was acting, wrapping her arms around the girl "Hey, it'll be okay. Come on, sit down." Helping Aphra to the ground, Arturia rubbed her back and hummed softly to her, turning to look at Tarroc to ask what had happened ,only to be cut off by the sudden surhige of memories coming from the dragon. The amount of pain and emotion she felt caused her to shudder and almost lose her breath. Immediately focusing on Aphra, she moved her hands from her face and had her look into her eyes "Focus on me Aphra, just on me only. Calm... Calm your emotions and listen to my voice." She began to choke up at what she was seeing, her voice becoming shaky and eyes watering "It'll be okay..." Finally a single tear rolled down her cheek, but still Arturia kept her smile because if she was to waver, how could she keep the confidence of protecting the one she loved.

Once the memories faded, she let out a shaky breath and wiped her eyes "How are you feeling love? Better I hope." Flashing another smile, she gave Aphra a quick kiss on the forehead before turning to Tarroc with a stern look "If we are to travel together, you must keep your powers in check... I suggest you use the time we have to learn control..." Arturia knew the dragon didn't take her seriously, after all she was only human, but when it came to Aphra's sake, she viewed herself differently. Arturia would forsake her humanity and kill those who would dare cause harm go her beloved, be they human or not.
"Behold, Excalibur!" - Saber, Arturia Pendragon King of Knights

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:42 pm

Feeling Arturia's arms around her made Aphra instantly calmer. She'd reach out desperately for her lover, trying to find any sort of comfort that would keep her stable. Once she'd locked her arms around Arturia's body Aphra clung to her tightly, taking in almost every sense that she could that reminded her that the human was near. Aphra had never found transforming easy and always needed somebody nearby during her earlier years. She still didn't feel comfortable with the idea. The only way she'd improved was in her ability to keep silent. When the images of Tarroc's life began flashing before her eyes Aphra let out a loud cry of fear, a look of horror evident on her face. All she saw was death and blood and fire, with the thought that Tarroc lived through such events resonating deeply in Aphra. She realised how wrong she truly was. Aphra began to shake, still clinging tightly to Arturia. Aphra tried to shut her eyes, wanting nothing more than for the images and the feelings of loss to stop. Aphra only opened her eyes once the visions had stopped. Aphra smiled faintly when Arturia kissed her. After seeing such visions, Aphra wanted nothing more than to enjoy the time she had with Arturia.

Swallowing in a deep breath, the Princess looked up at Tarroc.

"I'm... I'm sorry Tarroc. I didn't know. Regardless, I shouldn't have said what I did. You've done nothing but try to help me. For what it counts I didn't see anything that was your fault. I don't know what happened then, but I know you weren't responsible." Aphra said, trying to both apologise and console the dragon.
Sig.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:29 pm

Tarroc sighed, shaking his head slightly, "I'm not just a dragon, Aphra. I am not even just the last of the dragons. I am the son of Balerion, son of Ancalagon, the God-King of dragons. I suppose with with my father and grandfather dead, that makes me the king of dragons." He then let out a bitter chuckle, rising to his feet. "I'm the king of a dead empire, and of a dead people. Behold the great, last dragon."

He shook his head again, clearing his thoughts, memories still flashing through his head, just not Aphra or Arturia. "My grandfather was very proud, but he eventually wished to step down as king, as he had been a king for more than a million years, and he had grown tired of it. He declared that he would be giving the throne to my father, Balerion, but not every dragon liked my father. A powerful dragon, named Urgaeth challenged my father for the position of heir to the throne, and my father accepted. My grandfather stepped in though, and declared there would be no duel, as no dragon was more suited to be king than his own son."

Tarroc turned his gaze to the east, looking in the direction of his people's former empire. "Urgaeth was furious, and humiliated. He had been publicly shamed by the king, and he grew bitter over it. I was aware of this, and I wished to be a good prince, and attempt to stabilize things, so I decided to go to Urgaeth, even though my gather and grandfather told me not to, and that he was dangerous. I didn't listen though, and I went, deciding it was for the good of my people, and that I believed Urgaeth was still good, and he just needed someone who would accept him and not laugh at him, or shame him for what the king said."

"Urgaeth didn't respond how I had expected him to however. When he saw me, he attempted to attack me, to cause my father pain, via the death of his son. My father had gone after me though, so he arrived right at this was occurring. He rushed in, to try to help me, but he was killed by Urgaeth's attack instead, as you saw in my memories. Urgaeth, with my father dead, then attacked me, and nearly killed me, before leaving me for dead, to die slowly, next to my father. He then went to the capital, using magic to adopt my father's form, and he attempted to assassinate my grandfather, to take his position as god-king. My grandfather was too powerful though, and although he was badly wounded by the first surprise attack, he managed to defeat and kill his attacker. Before he died however, Urgaeth revealed what had happened to my father and I, telling him we were both dead. The news, so close to the day my grandfather was to step down severely damaged him mentally. His will to live failed, and he slowly declined in health, the poison from Urgaeth's bites killing him over time."

Tarroc was silent for a moment, before he spoke, "I didn't regain my strength for nearly two weeks after Urgaeth nearly killed me. It was the first time I used magic, to heal my own wounds, right as I was about to die. When I finally became strong enough to return home however, the civil war was in full swing. Powerful dragons drew weaker dragons to them, as supporters, and they all fought, to see who would be the next king. I revealed myself to these dragons, to show them that an heir still lived, but they dismissed me as too weak to be the king, and the fighting continued. The fighting never truly stopped, not until there was only one dragon left. I had to kill my own people to survive, as some thought by killing me, they would prove their strength, and get the rest to follow them. I suppose you saw my first kill, and the city burning in my memories."

Tarroc glanced back at the princess, and her mate, and he looked serious. "That is my legacy as royalty. I got my father and grandfather killed, and I caused my grandfather's empire to tear itself apart. That is what I wish to avoid with you, Aphra. I do not wish for something to happen to you, and for you to die. If you die, your mother.... she is already stressed and burdened enough by the weight of being an empress, losing her child would devastate her, and I assure you.... some would try to take advantage, and war would begin."

He rose to his feet, running a hand through his hair, his eyes distant for a moment, before they focused again. "I don't wish to tell you what to do, and I know I will never be your father, even if I do eventually become mates with your father. No one can truly replace a parent, and that is not my intent. I merely wish for you to know the risks and dangers, and fully think about them, and take them into consideration, before you make such a massive decision."

Meanwhile, a certain soul eating, body stealing demon was watching the guards, and Devon, a demented smile on his face. He held out his hand, and black mist began creeping towards the guards, staying close to the ground, as one guard slept, and the other guard stood guard. As the mist reached the sleeping guard, it entered his mouth, and his lungs, and he soon began writhing, choking and clawing at his throat, frothing at the mouth, bloody spittle bubbles forming as his eyes rolled back in his head, blood flowing from his nose, and eyes, his body going limp, demented, and twisted in an agonized death. The other guard drew his blade, and began looking around, horrified by what just happened, shaking slightly with fear, looking at the caged Dark Elf with suspicion. "What did you do to him, you monster!? What sort of black magic did you cast you.... you freak!?"
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:32 am

Devon had managed to fall asleep without noticing it. So when the guard began yelling at him Devon woke up, disoriented and confused. For just a second he considered going hostile, as he saw Anya was missing, but judged against it as he remembered what had happened. "What's the fuss about?" he asked wiping the sleep from his eyes. "What you do to him!" the guard yelled again, and pointed towards the dead guard. Devon looked in surprise at the corpse. "I can see it's magic," he said, "but if I could use that strong magic, do you REALLY think I'd been running from a magicless elf for 70 years?" Devon asked. Anger stirred in him, "You don't mean to tell me that I would do something as dumb as kill one of you? I've finally found a place where I can live in peace with my love. Do you think me dumb!?" he almost shouted the last question.

"At least give me some food before accusing me of being a freaking idiotic killer," Devon thought. As he sat down in the wagon once again, doing his best to relax. He could see the air around his hands vibrate slightly, he'd been close to letting his anger get the best of him. Too close.

The guard captain, an elf, stood up, "Someone killed him." His voice calm, "Scout the area. Henrik," he said looking towards the man who yelled up, "If he does anything that indicates a spell, do what you must," he gave every guard a specific task, but Devon didn't pay attention. Instead he tried to calm himself down.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:57 pm

The black mist continued to creep along the ground, defying the natural wind that was blowing, and the wind that the mages cast, trying to blow it away. The elves wrapped clothing around their noses and mouths, in efforts to avoid breathing in the mist, but it was to no avail. If the mist failed to get into them via breathing, then it would just eat away and melt at their exposed clothing, and flesh, causing screams of agony and death wails and choking, rattling death-breaths.

Much to the horror of the guards, the guards who had died to the mist, either due to breathing it in, or being burned and eaten at by the corrosive nature of the mist began standing up, moans and groans escaping their lips, their eyes lifeless, but glowing an eerie blue light. One guard stabbed one of the walking dead through the chest with his sword, but the dead guard merely looked down at the sword through his chest, before lunging at the living guard, ripping at any exposed flesh, gouging out his eyes, and clawing and biting at him, causing him to scream in agony, and the living guards to tremble in horror. Terror and horror was beginning to affect even the captain of the guards, as he looked around, lost as to what he should do to counter this nightmare situation.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:34 pm

The guard from before, Henrik, turned his sword towards Devon. "You have something to do with this haven't you?" the fear was audible in the man's voice. "What would I gain from it?" Devon asked angry. "I have finally, after hundreds of years, done what I've wanted for lifetimes longer than yours. I have nothing to gain, and everything to lose, by doing this!" Devon yelled out the last sentence. Without Anya here, his temper could boil up faster than a horse could ride. And he was on the tipping point. Tired, hungry, and scared, Devon too lashed out on the closest he could. "Don't anger him," the captain said through his own fear, "I don't want a dark-kin running rampant," the captain could see the reason in the dark elf. Devon had nothing to gain by killing them all, only the empress' rage.

God Of The North

Post by God Of The North » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:04 pm

Suddenly, everything went silent, and the dead soldiers stopped, standing still, their creepy blue eyes fixed upon the still living guards. The guards went back to back, attempting to prevent the dead from catching any of them off guard. What's more, the black mist slowly receded, leaving the air clean and crisp, and the night still, and silent, save for the ragged breathing of the guards, and the sound of them moving, their armour bumping against other pieces of armour.

With perhaps the slightest warning, a mere shadow on the ground moving ever so slightly when the person casting the shadow was still, the nightmare came to its conclusion. Pitch black spears came flying out of each shadow, impaling the man or woman casting it, and lifting them up in the air, impaled. The spears were horrific, jagged and barbed, going in through the backs of the guards, or through their sides, and holding them up in the air, easily twenty feet up. The guards found themselves unable to scream or cry for help, or do anything of that nature. The only thing they found they were able to do was die... and die they did, twisted in agony, spears puncturing through them, and their blood dripping from their corpses, all the way down to the ground, with a sick dripping sound. 'Drip.... drip..... drip.... drip"

There was nothing else in the clearing making noise, save for the sounds that Devon made. There was no wind, there were no animal sounds, even the insects were totally silent. In the eerie silence, a thick layer of clouds covered the moon, darkening everything now that the fire had died, smothered by the thick, poisonous mist that had killed so many of the guards.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:02 am

Devon, much like the guards, were frightened. "I'm not staying here a second longer," Devon said and made a move to open the cage, it wouldn't be difficult, and Devon would much rather be taken into direct custody than die out here, especially when thinking of how it would impact Anya. "You're going nowhere," Henrik said, pulling his sword towards Devon outstretched hands, almost touching the skin, "Get that away from me," Devon said through gritted teeth. The guard didn't move his sword, "I said. Get. That. Away. From. Me," almost yelling every word. The guard still didn't retract his sword. Not until he all of a sudden let go of it, with a small scream, and took to his hand. His glove was glowing hot, and the weapon, now laying on the ground, was red hot. A few seconds later, the metal melted onto the ground, leaving only the hilt back. Devon's face paled slightly, not because of exhaustion, but because of anger.

Doing the same trick to the lock, he climbed out the wagon. The mages had already tried to blow the mist away, to little avail. But Devon had a different idea, but before charging into deadly mist he'd try it first. Forming a fireball in his hands he threw it at a patch of ground covered with the fog. If he was lucky the mist would subside. If not, well perhaps a small barrier would do the trick?