Khol

Re: [OOC] The Empire of Celestia

Post by Khol » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:42 am

New rp? Go on
"Behold, Excalibur!" - Saber, Arturia Pendragon King of Knights

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:20 pm

Well currently stuck between two ideas. The first is about a group of adventurers investigating a spree of murders whilst searching for an Arch Mage's inheritance, but it seems to be too focused on investigation, with the actual action feeling tacked on. The other idea, which could be more action based, is a bunch of settlers founding a colony on an unexplored island and having to deal with the issues that'd arise with it.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:44 pm

Hold the phone.

I like the idea of the second one there

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:45 pm

To tell the truth, I'm leaning towards that one a bit too.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:56 pm

If that is the one chosen, I'm in. Alot more open with plenty of room for character development and story expansion.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:57 pm

Yeah, I'll see if I can draft up a setting and basic plot structure. If anyone has any ideas, PM please. :)

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Actually, I've just had a brilliant idea. In terms of planning, I'll get an idea of the setting and make a short scenario to introduce everyone's characters to each other. From there, if anybody wants to tell a story of their own, they can, regarding it's fairly short and contained (Sort of like a single episode of a T.V series). That way people can tell the stories they want without a massive narrative stopping things dead in their tracks if someone goes inactive. Then, just to add some sort of continuity, every new addition has to be as a direct result of, or at least mention the previous one.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:48 pm

It sounds interesting enough, but will have to see how the world and stuff will be before i jump in.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:56 pm

Yeah, so far what I've come up with is an archipelago. The first island, Srelt, will have the main settlement, Ebonwell, on it and will be more of a temperate pine tree forest, with a small, snowy mountain range, The Moonlit Hills, on it's northern side. The main exports would be lumber as a result, which would be shipped out from a port in the settlement. New islands can be added in as people please.

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:05 pm

So I take it this isn't a new settlement and thus everyone has moved to a pre-existing one already set up? Since exports and such are sorted