Dogs Eat Dogs: A New Era [OOC and Lore Log]

HighVoltage
Bronze

Re: Dogs Eat Dogs: A New Era [OOC and Lore Log]

Post by HighVoltage » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:43 am

Yo @newnostalgia, may I make one edit to the sheet before putting it in CS? I just wanted to also put that Alastor is a pretty good tolerance to burning, just because it seems to make sense with the branding and the flames and the demons and whatnot.

newnostalgia

Post by newnostalgia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:45 am

@HighVoltage , yes, that is fine!

HighVoltage
Bronze

Post by HighVoltage » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:19 pm

Damn, I'm trying to catch up and everyone's posting.

newnostalgia

Post by newnostalgia » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:10 pm

I was reading back on the Discord (I think that we're all in there? I dunno). Anywho, wanted to talk about stuff here, since I was sleeping when y'all were talking, oop--

Yeah, so I totally agree that we should have something to "unite" the group. Whether that's an external or internal conflict (or just everyone agreeing on one goal), I don't mind.

What with the clean buildings and the statue, I was thinking that there may have been a Cent starting in Aughesburg or something. There seem to be a lot of stray dogs in the town, so maybe it could have something to do with dogs. It could honestly go in any direction, and I'm fine with basically whatever. If we just want to act like we didn't see dat, we can do that, too, and we can just move on from the town.

I saw a "war storyline" in which the Cents outside of the Pantheon unite to take it down, and I think that that's a cool idea. The Pantheon purposefully does not have any allies besides a few merchants and is a hostile and volatile group, so, as long conflict happens naturally, I'm fine with anything regarding it.

Basically, my point is: I'm legit down for any direction that this goes. I've tried to keep options open through the scenery that I'm describing and stuff. If we want to stay in Aughesburg, it's fine. If we want to move on, it's fine. If we want to go out into an all out war, that's fine with me. As long as it makes sense in the moment, I'm down for whatever.

Also, if y'all ever want to add things to lore, just lemme know. As far as I'm concerned, you can add whatever you want to (within reason) to stuff about the town, about the Pantheon, and about your Cent. If you want to add stuff to other people's Cents, you'll have to ask them, though.

Anyway, yeah! As you can tell, I like to have things open to where everyone has some input, so basically, I probably won't tell you no.

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:16 pm

I like the uniting the other Cents idea, maybe our characters could grow to be the heroes of our respective Cents

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:30 pm

I’m generally fine with working with people to establish collective canon on my stuff, but I like for people to run it through me *before* rather than talk about it after - so basically I’d say I’m up for talk about Motherhood stuff, but I’d really prefer that people talk to me about it first rather than just toss something about them in a post, because that makes it uncomfortable and weird.
Capacitor
The God-Damned Lightning
Astra
A Manufactured Deity
Prism
Like, Totally Brilliant?
Eternal Flame
Pax City's Phoenix

Golden_
Silver

Post by Golden_ » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:25 pm

I wasn't present on discord for this discussion - thanks for posting about it here! I am on board with uniting everyone, though I think it's important to ensure that everyone is involved somehow. Makes for a more intricate story and keeps everyone interested. Also, I second what illirica said.

I'm hoping to post soon, apologies for being so quiet this past week, things have been hectic in my real life.
...was adopted by Satan himself, before [she] was returned out of fear of [her] awkwardness

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:12 pm

Sorry I took so long to get around to making a intro

newnostalgia

Post by newnostalgia » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:57 pm

@Azra You're good! just glad to have you on board!

@Golden_ Definitely. I agree. We'll need to be sure that everyone is involved in some kind of way, especially if we choose to pursue the whole "war" storyline.

Of course, we'll want to go into it naturally if we do choose to go into it, but it'll all come with time. We shall see, we shall see.

Right now, I think that everyone except for @Swag Cat's character is in the church, which is hinted to have something fishy about it.

(And I just realized that I didn't address Eden' or Makete's entrances in my last post-- lemme edit it slightly really quick.)

newnostalgia

Post by newnostalgia » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:41 pm

Yo, everyone! How goes it?

So Gain (aka, the roadblock with a name) was introduced in the last post! I wanted to explain everything to do with him really quick!

I made him mostly so that a more obvious threat was posed by the Pantheon (one that made the characters feel "aw, heck, we really need to go to war" rather than indifference or "I'm just in it for the ride) and so Gero had a reason to turn against the Pantheon (my thoughts were "what better reason than have the dude be his brother betraying him?").

Firstly, I made a small profile for Gain that is in the Lore Log (found underneath NPCs). As long as you keep it in character for him, you have full permission to write him, full permission to injure him, attack him, or do anything along those lines, and whatever else-- he'll be a kind of "communal character" that starts from the basics. Add to him what you want to, as long as it's in character. (I'm kind of the opposite of the "controlling, planning, this is my show" kind of RP person, if you can't tell-- this is our RP togethew uwu.) That being said, he does have some secrets he's keeping that would be valuable, so incapacitating him is definitely the goal.

Though...it's rather unlikely. Also, I'd be sure not to drag on your interactions with him for too long-- give the other players some time with him, too.

tldr: As long as you don't one-shot kill Gain, you're fine. Do what you want with him, but don't hoard his attention.

Secondly, about the Rust Squadron:

The Rust Squadron is composed by fifteen members. There are countless other squadrons that exist, but this is the one that has chosen to occupy this town. Squadrons are not officially recognized or organized by the Pantheon's leader, but they are highly effective. Squadrons occupy towns and run them like well-oiled machines-- someone recognizes that a potential recruit has entered, they set up an ambush in a place where one is likely to enter, and then they strike and ask if they'd like to join or not. After the person or people are recruited, a member takes them off, and another member of the Pantheon is sent to replace them in the city. Thus, most squadrons occupy towns near (1-2 days walk) to the Pantheon's epicenter.

(At least, this is how it usually goes, though this time it seems to be different.)

The Rust Squadron's weapons of choice are arrows tipped with the sedative. They usually don't go for lethal shots, even if their lives depend on it-- except for Gain.

As far as attacking and hurting the Rust Squadron members/characterizing them, all I'd say to keep in mind is that they are powerful, deeply indoctrinated warriors meant to take down the biggest of foes. The Rust Squadron members are all armored (hence the name), so keep that in mind. The same thing applies here as it does to Gain-- as long as you don't one-shot kill these guys (as they're highly trained warriors), you're fine to do anything you want with them. Just don't hoard their attention. If you want to make one of them an important NPC, it's fine. If you want to kill them, it's fine. Again, they might have valuable information to tell you, too, so killing them probably shouldn't be the goal...

Thirdly, the signs have been there all along. If you want your character to have noticed them, that's fine-- they aren't that great at hiding that something weird is happening, what with the dogs around and stuff.

Fourthly, feel free to ask me any questions! Again, the bit about this being our rp rings true-- this world is ours to build (and so are the NPCs, lol). Ask them either here publicly (if they're some that you may think others would have), privately (if they have to do with something secret you're planning, too), or on the Discord publicly or privately!

Hope you enjoyed the long-awaited twist.