[OOC] QIR

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Killian

Re: [OOC] QIR

Post by Killian » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:35 pm

I think I understand the gist of it. Yeah, I agree, if it's too easy in most RPs, it won't be much fun. xD

Although, I'm not so sure about if you want a sight buff if your elite is also good at sight. I kind of feel that it won't be fair to the other players? Mainly because technically for this RP, our elites "gets" (or uses) the power that is set by others, while losing the ability to use the one on our own profile.

If you were worried about how to make it more challenging:
1. Some of the Yao are rather intelligent. Even if some can't speak to humans.
2. I think realistically it'd take some time for the powers to have really powerful moves.

Sorry about any confusion, and I didn't mean to say that sight or senses buff isn't good or practical. It is useful (thought admittedly I've not used it as much so you probably know more than me). If the other players are happy with sight buff though, I'm fine with going by majority opinion on this.

Do let me know your thoughts ^^

OMGitsCMDDK

Post by OMGitsCMDDK » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:45 pm

I mean... Its logical for a ranged weapon user to have good eyesight. Of course the buff my character gives off will allow his team to see far better than him. His vision is just 20/20, its not a power.

Killian

Post by Killian » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:23 am

Sorry, I was in class. Yes, it can be logical. Although, I could also argue that's it's strange if it's the first power they choose to write. It could be just me, if I had the choice of almost anything, I probably wouldn't pick simply just sight in range, because one can do that with binoculars. So if the others are fine with it and if you give justifications in the CS I'll be fine with it. (I just realised we could use this as a character arc or plot point). MattieD and DatGuyDusty, your opinions are also appreciated ^^.

Also, I realised I probably sounded a bit like a hypocrite with my buff idea ^^;. So just to clarify on some details, if my character does end up granting physical buffs, the most basic would be that other elites will be able to do stuff like lift something their mass/weight with ease. I think in terms of using this power, the most challenging thing would be adjusting precision and being creative with the implications. (So for example, with the high speed buff, it means one can run up higher walls with ease). But overall, anyone who uses it can definitely distinguish themselves from normal military soldiers with fancy weapons. OwO. (Otherwise I might see if I can think of other good ideas)

DatGuyDusty

Post by DatGuyDusty » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Sorry, I got busy and stuff. Class is a bore. And such. I am gonna brainstorm a little bit later and shoot some things your way.
Screw You! You're omniscient, you already know.

Killian

Post by Killian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:04 am

Thanks for letting us know. Have fun anyway. I've got a fair amount of assignments to get through as well, so apologies if I poof a bit here and there.

And looking forward to your ideas.

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:23 pm

Is this still alive? I was looking forward to seeing it in action.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)