[One] Esmora: The Blade of the Rose (1x1)

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

[One] Esmora: The Blade of the Rose (1x1)

Post by Xylohem » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:24 pm

As I walk down the pathway, the moonlight dancing on the lake. My feet crush the fallen petals, from the rose vines on the old stone gate. The black petals of the roses, seem to cry out in the night. Like the sound of wings beating, as the hoot owl takes to flight. The black rose that seems so lovely, but the truth behind the bloom. Does the rose call for your lover? Or will ebony petals bring you doom?
-Anaslyn Xyrleth (Song of the Black Rose)
Space
In the years building to the rise of the new continent many problems and wars have been called. So many lives lost that the great seas seem to bleed. Great waterfalls have become "bloodfalls" in the seasons of war and death. Though a change occurred and the warring ceased for little more than a breath. A new gifted continent, a new land with better resources, high mountains, great grassy plains, and magical forests full of beasts that the Gods gave light and life. Yet the greed of men and Kings is nothing to scorn. As the world settled, a race and war sprung upon the new continent.

The mystical beasts and plain animals were all either enslaved or slaughtered by the kingdoms that raced to take full control of the continent of Kaleth. So much hatred, bloodshed, and cursed spells were thrown about this continent that the Gods feared they had only made life worse for their creations. Little do mortals know, even the Gods pray for peace. While there are two above the Gods, the immortal beings know that their prayers are not answered like those of their mortal followers. Or so they believed. A prayer for peace between the mortals was sent and answered.

A being of Elven decent rose to unite the warriors of the great battlefield. While the history of the Rose Queen and her words that turned scores of soldiers against their kingdoms is known, there is now a time when the peace of that 100-year long war is being disturbed. The outer kingdoms are preparing for something that has remained hidden for a century. Many who live do not remember what comes but there are a few who live many years and vividly know what is at stake. While the outer kingdoms prepare for this coming storm, the Rose Queen can feel the shift in the wind. Even without sight on what is truly coming, she has ordered the Kingdom of Trivel to prepare and hold itself ready.

But now the sight of the Gods turns to you. A figure of some renown. It is not fully known to the Gods how you rose to the attention of their greatest tool of peace. While in the sight of the Rose Queen the kingdom of your birth or origin has set a task for you to complete. Little is known of this Queen's true name and even less about her history. Though the outer kingdoms will tell you what they desire of you before the storm arrives, and it is up to you to choose how you will prepare.

Esmora: Character Sheets
Esmora: Lore (Read Only!)

Basic Information:

Welcome to my RP and the world of Esmora! There is a bit to read and I apologize if some of it doesn't make sense. I did my best to make this work cause it was an awesome idea that was rattling inside my head for so long. Also, I apologize for those more verbose roleplayers who look at this and think it is crap... This is my first RP in the Advanced section but I thought this would fit here better cause there is a TON of lore about the world.

Anyway, just a little side note at the end here. This is supposed to be an action Roleplay with a bit of romance so please just be aware of that. The character I will be Roleplaying as is the Rose Queen herself so, that's just a bit of a heads up. Also, while I posted her history on the CS page including her true identity. Only an Elf older than her who used to be a Vellidor High Noble would know her true name and any scrap of her history! Please remember this when Roleplaying and reading through my CS.

I think that covers it, so thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the story and lore enough to join and have some fun!
Last edited by Xylohem on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swag Cat

Re: [One] Esmora: The Blade of the Rose (1x1)

Post by Swag Cat » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:34 am

What do you have in mind?

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:18 am

You mean for this roleplay? Well it's a 1x1 and the premise is that a new shift has occurred on
Esmora. The separate kingdoms will send letters to their representatives to inform them about what that kingdom specifically wants their representative to do but that is your character's choice, to follow the orders or not.

Swag Cat

Post by Swag Cat » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:50 am

Understood. Can I see your cs please?

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:11 am

There is a link to the CS page in the main description. Just click on the underlined words in between the rose dividers. There is also a bit of Lore too that I made a link for that is just below the link for the CS.

Swag Cat

Post by Swag Cat » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:59 am

AWEsome