[REQ] LANDSHUT: Bound To Arms

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
KokushiMusou19

[REQ] LANDSHUT: Bound To Arms

Post by KokushiMusou19 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:18 pm

[Loosely Based on the Finnish webcomic Stand Still, Stay Silent and The 100. Knowledge of those two franchises are not required, but may help. Much of the RP will take place in the Scandinavian and German territories. There will be modifications to the storyline or the sake of originality and the integrity to the originality of the game.]

2525 || 01 || January

Eighty years ago, the Old World came to an end. Once the Old World vanished, much of the safe territories grew small, scarce, and closed off to the humans. Prior to what citizens call The Armageddon, humans and mages lived in harmony, and money became one of the most abundant resources. Scientists thought of plans to keep the world a safe place, but all to no avail.

Vaccines and medicines were no match for the formidable disease that killed most of the land. Gallant - or Hedwig's Disease - became one of many new diseases that came from the Armageddon. While vaccines and medicines gave babies immunity, a large number of unprotected citizens lack the immunity, and they must wear masks once they venture into the world.

Most of the surviving population of the Known world live in Iceland, the largest safe area in existence, while the safe settlements in the other Nordic countries; Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland, are small and scarce. In 2467, Germany and Switzerland opened their doors to the surviving population. A group of German adventurers explored the Blackened World. Once their blimp crashed into the Riesling territory, they found ferocious monsters lurking in the area. It is said those monsters bore vampiric fangs and powers of the darkness. The team survived the crash, but most of them contracted Gallant and had their blood sucked dry.

By 2500, Switzerland and Germany became condemned, much like the rest of the world. Several communities (eight) found the immunity to Gallant and other otherworldly illnesses.

Countless mysterious and unspoken dangers lurk outside the safe areas. Outside lies the Condemned World. Hunters, mages, skalds and cleansers will spend their lives defending the settlements against the terrifying beings. Because of a great fear towards everything in the Condemned World, any attempts to explore the apocalyptic ruins went unnoticed or - if noticed - ended in dire failure. Until now, no official attempts to explore the ruins of the old have been made. Most of the information about The Condemned has turned into ancient lore and Urban Legend, known by few and the storytellers.

Now, the Safe territories are shrinking, and it's up to the next exploration group to discover what lies in the Condemned.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Who Are You? █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

YOU are a part of an exploration group, and there is little known about what lies in the Condemned. You will work closely with those at the Armstrong Base via transmission and occasional visits by Chancellors.

Note that this will take place in Reykjavik, Iceland until the ship takes off. Gallant is an illness that is affecting everyone. The ones without the vaccines or biological immunity increases their chance of dying in the future.

Because the group is from different Scandinavian continents, English will NOT be the primary tongue. Norwegian or Icelandic, will.

[As such, all characters must be Scandinavian, German, or Swiss. No exceptions!]

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Roles █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

~ THE EXPLORERS GROUP ~
🔴| NOT IMMUNE
🔵| IMMUNE
☠️| DECEASED

Note: People can hold more than one profession.

Captain:
Second In Command:
Scientist:
Researcher:
Mages: (2 Max)
Medic:
Night Scouts: (2 Max)
Technician:
Blacksmith:

|| Possible Careers In Group ||
Skald
Medic
Engineer
Farmer
Scholar
Cleanser
Hunter
Assassin
Rogue

~ THE ARMSTRONG BASE
THE SUPPORT CREW ~
[They will not travel with the main group, but they will provide tools and backup in the case something happens!]

Chancellor:
Chancellor's Children:
Radio Tech:
Biologist:
Chemist:
Anthropologist:
Mages: (2 Max)
~~~~~~
ᖇᑌᒪEᔕ ᗩᑎᗪ ᖇEGᑌᒪᗩTIOᑎᔕ

This is an advanced Role Play. As such, please make an effort to write at least ten lines or two paragraphs each. However, I expect you all to make an effort to write MUCH more. Want to make more than one entry and space it out? Awesome!

Anything less than ten lines won't be tolerated!
Note: At a certain point, you will be expected to surpass five lines. Sustaining the bare minimum isn't good enough, especially if we give you lots of room to interact.

1) By writing down the password, you agree to the following:
~ By signing up, any characters you create may be killed off, compromised, or have something bad (or good) happen to them at any point. This is either due to human error or plot-driven purposes.
~ Inactivity without a cause will cause your character's death.
~ Your characters are there for the long haul. You are capable enough for delivering good, thought-out posts that consist of no less than five lines OR a paragraph with five lines each.
~ You agree to follow all of the rules listed below and above the information.

The password is (Username | Character Name | Age | Role | Gender | Immunity? [Y or N]) You must include ALL of this as your signature to committing to the game. Feel free to ask questions before joining.

2) There are NO "Disney Deaths", where your character dies and becomes revived later. Once a character dies, they stay dead. If I say that they got sick, don't write your way around the illness. They have to suffer.

3) You may have up to three (3) characters at a time. If you would like to control more, please let me know via PM or in the OOC. You only need to write the password in full once.
~ Because this is a survival RP, do NOT expect to make a new character once one dies. One way around this is to dispatch a member of the Armstrong Base to the main group. However, they can only dispatch members in Safe Havens. The Armstrong Base is unauthorized to send someone in the Condemned World alone.
~ It is up to the GM and the elected Chancellor as to whether they will dispatch a member to the main party. If you are an elected Chancellor, get my permission first. Just because we might be in a Safe Haven doesn't guarantee the dispatch of a member. Note that once A.B. Members get dispatched, they can NOT return until they reach a service base. Those are few and far between in this universe.

4) Magic in this world is based on Finnish legend and real life. Magic will be more based on dreams and minimal witchcraft than full blown magic.

5) It's great to be immune to Gallant. Unfortunately, I will start limiting those who are IMMUNE to Gallant and the other diseases if we get too many. I'd like to have at least one person per group that isn't immune.

6) NO GOD MODING, META GAMING, OR POWER PLAYING.

7) Face Claims need to look realistic [Realistic drawings or real life], so please do not use anime for your FCs. We are under the assumption that your character is ethnically Scandinavian or German. If you wish for your character to be of any other descent, that's fine. However, note that much of the world is uninhabitable at this point.

8) Yes, there are Walking Robots in this world, but not all of them are functional. Also, there are vampires, but they are not playable. Only humans, cyborgs and mages exist in this universe. Nothing else.

9) I will write out most of the scenes, so don't add anything that isn't there in the scene. You can't magically find guns, medicine, or food. Food is something you need to hunt and earn, and guns and medicine are offered by Armstrong Base, but that's few and far between.

9) Have Fun! And stay alive!

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: [REQ] LANDSHUT: Bound To Arms

Post by illirica » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:26 pm

I think I've just found my soulmate. <3

I remember reading Stand Still, Stay Silent a while back, but I'll admit it's probably been a year or two. I really liked the concept, though, and I think this could be an interesting RP. I'd definitely like to join.

If it's okay with people, I'd like to take either Explorer 2-I-C or Explorer Night Scout A. I can start working up a bio pretty soon but didn't want to start and then have someone else going for the same role at the same time. I would be happy to run multiple characters as well, but I don't want to create a second character until everyone has a chance at their first preferences, so if you get to a point where you need more people and want to do a role call for the remaining positions, I'll whip up another one then.

So, for the time being:
illirica | Eirik Rangvaldr | 32 | Explorer 2nd in Command | M | Immunity? N

and/or

illirica | Jenna Rangvaldr | 22 | Explorer - Night Scout | F| Immunity? Y

and on the chance I end up running them both, I can do that and they'll be cousins.

KokushiMusou19

Post by KokushiMusou19 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:05 am

illirica wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:26 pm
I think I've just found my soulmate. <3

I remember reading Stand Still, Stay Silent a while back, but I'll admit it's probably been a year or two. I really liked the concept, though, and I think this could be an interesting RP. I'd definitely like to join.

If it's okay with people, I'd like to take either Explorer 2-I-C or Explorer Night Scout A. I can start working up a bio pretty soon but didn't want to start and then have someone else going for the same role at the same time. I would be happy to run multiple characters as well, but I don't want to create a second character until everyone has a chance at their first preferences, so if you get to a point where you need more people and want to do a role call for the remaining positions, I'll whip up another one then.

So, for the time being:
illirica | Eirik Rangvaldr | 32 | Explorer 2nd in Command | M | Immunity? N

and/or

illirica | Jenna Rangvaldr | 22 | Explorer - Night Scout | F| Immunity? Y

and on the chance I end up running them both, I can do that and they'll be cousins.
Both can be run, dear!

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:13 am

Neat! It's getting late here tonight, but I'll see about getting some proper CSes up tomorrow.

Nyx

Post by Nyx » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:03 pm

I think this is a really interesting concept, though I don't know much about Scandinavian/Icelandic/German culture. Would it be feasible to have a character that's more of the.. quiet disposition? I was thinking of filling that second Night Scout spot while maybe being a hunter. It's seems like the two occupations have some crossover, but I would understand if you wanted them seperate.
We all want to see the fire. But we don't want to feel the flames.