Darkness Pounds At The Doors Once More

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
God Of The North
Bronze

Darkness Pounds At The Doors Once More

Post by God Of The North » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:31 am

The entities of this world, such as Melkor and Sauron cannot be destroyed. They can be imprisoned as Melkor was, they can be weakened immensely, to the point that they can not again retake a physical form or influence the world, as Sauron was after the One Ring, but they can not truly be destroyed not totally. Even if the faintest shadow is all that remains, they still exist in that sense.

These are entities that defy human understanding, and far surpass the might of men and elves, and dwarves when they possess even a fraction of their true strength. At their most mighty, these entities are like gods, and can only be rivaled by other gods.

They were not created evil however. They were created by Eru Iluvatar, and they grew to be evil over time. If something is not created evil, yet it grows evil, then there must be something that turned it evil, correct?

Evil exists within all universes, as it is a constant of reality. Where there is good, there is evil. One could not exist without the other, for the other is what gives each meaning. Without good, what is evil? Without evil, what is good? One is the opposite of the other, so if there is nothing to oppose, there can be no opposite. For there to be something in a mirror, there needs to be something to be reflected.

This universal fact dictates that evil must exist leads one to question…. What is this Evil? The answer to that question lies beyond the Doors of Night, in The Void.

The Void has many names, and many parts to it, as it is infinite. The one known as Gandalf fell into one part of The Void after his death at the hands of the Balrog, but he was brought back by Eru Iluvatar.

If one searches for long enough in the Void however, they will find the True Evil. The True Evil cannot be described, as it defies any attempts of any finite entity to comprehend it. Only one such as Eru Iluvatar could truly understand the True Evil, and it is due to the fact that Eru Iluvatar understood the True Evil that he locked it away, in The Void, so to limit its influence on the world.

Eru Iluvatar was successful in his efforts, but eventually the True Evil found a foothold in the world. This was due to the explorations of Melkor in the Void, Melkor found the True Evil, and it corrupted him. When Melkor entered the world and began influencing it, the True Evil entered the world, at least to an extent.

It was cast back into The Void for the most part when Melkor was cast through the Gates of Night, but the damage was done, and it could not be undone. Evil existed in the world, and when evil exists, it shall grow with time.

This evil would corrupt the hearts of all finite races, and it would corrupt entities such as Sauron, Saruman, and countless others. The more evil existed in the world, the more influence the True Evil could exist in the World, and the more evil would continue to grow, and the Gates of Night would continue to be forced open ever so slightly.

The Valar were aware of this, and watched over the world, but were careful to not interfere. They mistakenly believed the sort of evil that had corrupted Melkor and Sauron, and Saruman was totally gone once Melkor, Sauron and Saruman were either imprisoned, or weakened to the extent that they were powerless.
It was not, and it gave rise to dark and twisted entities that would seek to force the Gates of Night to open more and more until they were forced fully open, allowing the True Evil to fully enter and corrupt the creations of Eru Iluvatar.

The world once again needs heroes, the sort of heroes who are willing to face this Evil, and combat it for the sake of all creation. One would imagine only the most pure would dare undertake this evil, but any who wish to combat this Evil are welcome, especially now in such disastrous times.

Will you answer the call? Be you warrior, mage, scholar, bard, farmer, man or woman, your aid is needed to fight. Do not turn from this call, for if you do, there will be nothing left for you to turn to once the True Evil fully enters the world.

Entities such as Leviathans, Hydras, Orcs, some dragons, corrupted mortals, dead bodies filled with dark energy, and countless other nightmares wound the earth, slaughtering, pillaging, raping, doing all within their power to grip the existing peace and stability and rip it all to pieces, casting it deep within the grip of the True Evil.

These are only a few of the monsters you shall face, but with the strength given to you in your soul, your very essence, you have the potential to grow strong enough to follow in the footsteps of the greatest heroes of all eras, and once again repel the forces of evil that seek to threaten the world you call home.

Do not falter. Do not hesitate. Do not step back. Do not let your fear get the best of you. Stand firm, shoulder to shoulder, and do your duty, or all shall be lost. As cruel as it might be to force this upon your shoulders, this duty falls to you brave individuals who stepped forward to fight against this evil. May you succeed, or all shall be lost.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

God Of The North
Bronze

Re: Darkness Pounds At The Doors Once More

Post by God Of The North » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:32 am

If anyone is interested, please just let me know below. I don't want to make a useless CS page for a rp that no one is interested in after all.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:52 am

I love the concept, and am a big LotR fangirl, though I don't know think I have the time at present to commit to this. I suggest advertising it in User Promotions as well, I really want to see this succeed.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Deumeawyn

Post by Deumeawyn » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:39 am

I'm interested. I'll put it out to a couple other AU forum refugees and see if they are interested as well.
Wandering Damsel