{WIP} Nefarious Bodies

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
Stitches

{WIP} Nefarious Bodies

Post by Stitches » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:50 am

Welcome to Landow!

"Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it."
~Flannery O'Connor, Wise Blood

In the seedy town of Landow, the truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it. But more than that, there are lies and rumors about what happens in Landow. Cursed with a dwindling population, those who remain have fallen victim to the weird, the strange, and the supernatural. Crime is at an all time high as gangs and other ill intentioned organizations have turned to recruiting those with special abilities to do their dirty work. Witches, vampires, werewolves, clairvoyants, the freaks of society are opened with welcoming arms by those with the means to use them. But in light of this discovery, Landow’s crime task force has decided to fight fire with fire by recruiting supernatural beings as well. This secret branch of the police department deals particularly with crimes committed under strange and unexplainable circumstances to the less informed. For the rest of the population, it’s a matter of adaptation. These days, nobody questions anything except for the curious and the wildly adventurous.

Become a citizen and find a place among the strange in Landow. Your rise, or your fall, is up to you.
"I'm so disappointed in you." Annasiel 2017

kitkat871

Re: {WIP} Nefarious Bodies

Post by kitkat871 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:26 pm

Marked
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:59 pm

Still interested.
~~ You are but a grain of sand, in the sands of time. ~~

Stitches

Post by Stitches » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:09 am

Lol, lore thread and further developed plot to be up by weekend. Stay tuned.

dreadabelle

Post by dreadabelle » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:29 am

I wish to play a froglok named Frogissimo, owner and head chef of Frogissimo's Bistro
Hauling ass like a mule thief.

Stitches

Post by Stitches » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:50 pm

I'm sorry, a what?

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:22 am

Interesting...
I like it.
“It’s not the size of your brain that matters, it’s whether or not you can set things on fire with it” ~ A wise philosopher

Orange Steel

Post by Orange Steel » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:07 am

Is this Medieval or Modern? It's difficult to tell. I'd be interested either way but it is a little confusing regarding the time period.
Growing up I thought quicksand would be a much bigger problem than it turned out to be.

~J. Mulaney

I was ungraceful

Post by I was ungraceful » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:38 pm

I want to be a man who used to be a famous piano player in another land but he broke his fingers in a car crash or cart crash or whatever putting him into a deep depression. In his search for a doctor who could fix his fingers he instead finds a gem that allows him to manifest emotions as different materials. The only emotion he will have mastered at first will of course be depression which will create a formless black cloud like material that he can manipulate into complex shapes. Shock will create white lightning that whips around his body, happyness will make him glow and once he masters it allow him to make other people glow, boredom will create an undifinable silent noise that almost seems alian and creepy, stuff like that...

Elegance Jaded

Post by Elegance Jaded » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:03 am

This sounds like a wonderful idea with so many different way in which the story can spread and evolve! Id be interested in playing a more villainous type of character if you still have openings within the group. Pleass let me know and ill put together a character outline.