[REQ] Redemption

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
Myrn
Trap Card

Re: [REQ] Redemption (Open)

Post by Myrn » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Lulz :P
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: [REQ] Redemption (Open)

Post by Annasiel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:51 pm

I'm in both of the active advanced RPs~
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Poetic Ghost

Re: [REQ] Redemption

Post by Poetic Ghost » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:38 pm

And I am thankful for all of you.
~~ You are but a grain of sand, in the sands of time. ~~

Azra

Post by Azra » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:56 am

Kept it kinda short as I'd rather explore her history more ic when I can. I also just wanted to get it out there so it can hopefully be approved and I can jump in asap

Name: Vivoriana Lionfang

Race: Genetically altered human

Homeworld: Dublurk (originally called dumb blue rock but had a name change within its 125th cycle of colonization)

Skills: Piloting mechanics and marksmanship. More specifically her slightly glowing electric blue eyes are a result of tampering with the nervous system of the body and visual perception. Intended to make for an ace pilot her eyes seem able to adjust to whatever speeds needed to process information and from there elevate reaction times. It struggles to meet the demands in person only giving a slight edge at times. When behind a machine however everything falls into place. With such eyes comes also an ability to understand the workings of machines and how to optimize performance. Mix that with a school that tried to drill int her head every facet of known vehicles they could find data on and she's shown adept at mastering a vehicle. A smaller buff being just improved accuracy and night vision.

Equipment: Stilletos or more specifically Surface Traversal Intended Lunar Land Exterior Transports Ocean Shoes. In summarization designed to help her move within whatever condition she might need in almost all likely environments. Able to adhere to most surfaces as well as briefly boost jumps with a small jet propulsion.

Dress or Damage Resilient Environment Survival Suit. Designed to take small arms fire in case of emergency it doesn't provide the best protection in the world but can help withstand some attacks. It's main purpose is for mechanics and exploration. Resistance to weather conditions and heat, shielding from radiation pressures and G forces. An invisible helmet comes with it with three hours of air supply the suit laced with small lights if needed. The inventor wanted something that would allow a mechanic to climb into a busted turbine spitting out fuel into space and make repairs before a ship blew up. Vic would like to not test this theory herself.

Kinc or Kinetic Interlocking Neuro Cord is a pistol in appearance mechanics tool. The device will store and release kinetic energy through what often looks like a cord or wire. Used at times not unlike a whip to pull two pieces of machinery closer or to travel along the otherwise large surfaces of space ships. By trying to take in kinetic energy on impact it will adhere to a surface, or it can release energy for a small explosive repellent. The cord is able to also release plasma electricity or fire to help with repairs. While usually used in a much smaller amount of cord it can reach up to thirty feet. It can also be used as a weapon.

Generic or General Electronic-tools Needed Everyday Recording Included Crap. The excitingly named but boring otherwise backpack, housing things like money other tools, cord cases for Kinc, communication devices, portable speakers, flash drives and snacks.

Personality: Viv is often seen as either eccentric but polite or tired and irritable with almost no known in between of the two extremes. While usually trying to show gratitude or respect of rank (with an exception) she can't seem but to help herself quick to the trigger, flight seat repairs or whatever the activity is. Lively by nature on a military world didn't help her upbringing however resulting in a lack of much social grace with law and military personnel. The other most common personality seen is one that will dose off mid someone's sentence and might look to start a fight for waking her. Best to just let the blonde have her brief naps.

Appearance: Standing at a rather small five foot three feet tall she weighs around a hundred and eighteen pounds. Her hair is blonde and is often in a ponytail that hangs down to the middle of her back. Her eyes are blue and seem to be a glowing electric color. Physically she is mostly seen as just a skinny thing though there's a hint of existing muscle tone of a mildly athletic build.

Biography: Born on Dublurk a military based world with a focus on piloting. Work was being done on newborns to try and make for the ideal vision of theirs. They dumped countless hours and money into making sure the students were optimized and knew as many spacecraft and mechs as possible. Viv had a partner who was flunking the courses but good at building machines, this wasn't what the military wanted however and so they were planning to get rid of her partner. They didn't know what this meant so the pair rebelled. That rebellious behavior wasn't enough though leading to incarceration and being handed over to be someone else's problem.

Origins:
-The Dublurk installations had a process of a journal per cycle. Used as a means to stay somewhat up to date on the progress of the pilots. The following segments of a small handful of journals is what we find the core moments leading up to where the last of those projects has ultimately gotten to. We understand that a lot of information is being withheld we apologize for the inconvenience.-
"Journal log thirteenth cycle. They went through finishing the implants today, most augments are a natural part of biology at this point. Bred into our genetic make up it's all rather natural almost to complete the visual stimuli though it takes some additional work. Wish they'd let us in on the process behind it all, I get why they'd withold such information though. Oh also Marvius seems to have taken a liking to me so there's that. And that's about all that's interesting of note, glad its just a journal per cycle. Still feels like a waste of time though if you ask me."

"Journal entry fifteenth cycle we finally get to actually work on ships thank the gods. Probably my favorite today was the thrusters of a Mark 6 Zwing quad engine. The frigate had one of it's thrusters likely to blow had three minutes to make repairs or else I'd likely be melted into the frame work. Obviously I didn't fuse with the ship to so great day I would say. Oh uh and Marvius asked me out so suppose there's that news to. Great guy he really needs to pick up on the schematic lessons however."

"Journal Entry Eighteenth Cycle so uh we did it, was getting off from a repair job. Another Zwing, swear that model is so damn outdated. Anyway I finished that up and was heading to that work shop of his, he started asking about measurements for the suit idea of his and well one thing led to another. Right that's uh not what these are for soooo I heard the process for genetic alterations is changing. We might be the last of a particular model, not sure what the plans are but they don't sound good. And I know this is protocol more then anything of value to whoever' listening, I'd really like to know what's going on however."

"Journal Entry Twenty First Cycle. Well guess we both know what's happening now right? Marv has a plan to try and get as many of us out as possible. He was never good at most of what we do, with the Lioness suits though he thinks we've a chance. If you ask me, we've no other choice either way. I just hope we get a night worth our time after this, just one would make it worth while."

-The remainder of the journal entries are locked away under a variety of legality and organizations. It's a well known fact Viv was an insurectionist and considered responsible for the destruction of the bases on Dublurk. While conspiracy and questions may be raised we would like to request the reviewer of these files not question the decisions. We assure you it's best for everyone that we just keep her cycled through ships and installations as opposed to death or incarceration.-

~~Mech/Vehicle~~

Lioness Armor

Name: Lioness or Lone Interior Opperational Naval Engagment Support System

Role in Combat: Small by comparison to most vehicles it functions like an exosuit or combat armor. Equipped with durable plating and a lot of micro thrusters while not the strongest piece of equipment it can fly around the area providing an assortment of fire support. Assisted by its smaller size and speed. Reaching roughly Mach 6 levels of speed when given enough space and time. Naturally the armor given its size takes a while to reach such a velocity and loses mobility the faster it goes, maximum speed not being ideal for combat. Acceleration to such a degree demands the Lioness to largely go through an armor lock to adjust for the force stressed against it and the pilot.

Weapons:

Arm Cannon or All Rounds Managing Cannon adapts to the weapon resources of the environment the mechanical workings within the machine designed to retrieve the ammunition source of any particular fallen weapon and incorporate it into the current firing selection. On it's own however it's primary function is a two round solar temperatured plasma burst, moving at lightning like speeds. Or a kinetic laser that strikes a small area with enough force to often puncture a hole in most space craft out side of the most durable or military reinforced.

Appearance: Orange colored armor suit standing at eight feet tall the Lioness is a rather compact mobile system. Weighing in at one ton the armor is armored well for what it is though easily outclassed by actual vehicles. Able to function in oceans and space just as well as standard orbit. Powered by a small reactor fortified on the back. It's primary weapon is the right arm cannon. Capable of being operational two days without charging and carrying a second battery if need be for longer operations.

Other Features: Obviously housing a small compartment of snacks, communication systems, two back ups for Viv's various usual on person belongings. The small exosuit can also fold up into a ball, it's a tight fit for the pilot granted. Moving in this form is a bit dizzying.
Last edited by Azra on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:31 am

I see a bit of a problem with her suit; You say that it can reach speeds of Mach 6 with little difficulty. Mach 6 is roughly 4600 miles per hour... her body would break under extreme conditions and her suit would burn up. I have no problem with her having an extremely fast suit, but Mach 6 just doesn't work in this world.

Azra

Post by Azra » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:27 am

Poetic Ghost wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:31 am
I see a bit of a problem with her suit; You say that it can reach speeds of Mach 6 with little difficulty. Mach 6 is roughly 4600 miles per hour... her body would break under extreme conditions and her suit would burn up. I have no problem with her having an extremely fast suit, but Mach 6 just doesn't work in this world.
What works for you thematically?
To me really even just Mach one is pretty versatile for such a small target. I actually just went with 6 as it's the fastest recorded jet speed and in a sci-fi setting back of my mind was like "pft that's like nothing to what some things can probably do" I got greedy lol >.>

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:37 am

Azra wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:27 am

What works for you thematically?
To me really even just Mach one is pretty versatile for such a small target. I actually just went with 6 as it's the fastest recorded jet speed and in a sci-fi setting back of my mind was like "pft that's like nothing to what some things can probably do" I got greedy lol >.>

Maybe if it could reach Mach 6, rather than just being able to get there with ease.

Other than that, I think you’re okay.

Azra

Post by Azra » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:58 am

Edited
Honestly like it more now, limitations are good to have

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:01 am

It looks good, you can post it in the CS thread here.

http://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=4194

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Name: Pale (an assumed name, but if you know his true name, you know better than to say it).

Race: Human... right? Right?

Homeworld: Unknown.

Skills: Pale is an excellent shot, with his single revolver, and a highly competent tracker. It's said that if he wants to find you, there's nowhere he can't find you- on this planet or the next.

Equipment: Pale wears a single, custom-made revolver on his hip. He's never been seen to reload it, and though it doesn't function like a rifle, it can hi targets at a far longer range than one would expect for a weapon of that size.

Personality: Pale is a generally calm fellow, sarcastic, and even-tempered most of the time. Perhaps his defining trait is 'patience,' as he's more than willing to shadow a target for days, weeks, or months until the right time comes to take them. However, he doesn't lack a temper, and when something is done that personally offends him, his anger is a sight to see. He also lacks any real empathy towards the vast majority of sentients out there, save a select few over the years that he's grown fond of. He has no qualms about killing anyone who gets in his way, but he doesn't take lives without good cause- he's Evil, but Lawful, not Chaotic. Due to his longevity, Pale also has very little respect for the authority of governmental institutions, having watched plenty rise and fall, many without changing anything. He won't break laws indiscriminately, due to the attention of law-enforcement being inconvenient, at times, but not for any moral reasons.

Appearance: Image

Biography: Pale has existed before you, and he will exist after, in one form or another. He's worn different bodies over the centuries- some changing with the times, some manifesting because the previous one was slain. His role has remained static, however- he kills. Sometimes, his motives are inscrutable, sometimes simpler. He may take someone because it's 'their time,' or because he has a personal grudge, or because it serves some greater goal. But if he's coming for you, whatever the reason, he won't stop.

Origins: In the end, it wasn't enough.

The town had rallied something of a posse, to go out and find the pale man. Thirty men, all carrying rifles. Some fired good ol' metal slugs, some fired bursts of plasma, one or two were more exotic. They rode landspeeders or hoverbikes, for the most part. At their head was a man they all knew as The Deputy. He carried a gun that looked like it belonged on the hull of a Hegemony battlecruiser. He didn't speak much, but one could tell simply from the way he looked when he heard the name Pale that he hated man in white.

On the seventh day, they found him. He was standing on one side of a bridge- not wood and rope, but floating stones, with small gaps in between, but enough that one could trip, and fall the long way down to their deaths. The posse was on the other side.

The pale man began tapping a nail against the handle of his gun. The sound carried. Like the ticking of a clock, thought one man. Like the bating of my heart, thought another. The Deputy thought only of revenge.

When the pale man finally spoke, his tone was mild, even amused. One word. "Well?"

The Deputy fired his oversized gun. A crackling bolt of energy lanced out, and missed the pale man by a hair. The rocks it hit behind him turned directly to ash. The rest of the group hesitated, but only for a second, before charging. The pale man didn't run, simply advancing slowly, until a bullet or bolt came near. Then, he moved like lightning, edging just out of the way, without seeming to move further than a few inches. The bridge was narrow, so the posse charged one at a time. The Deputy remained behind, firing his gun whenever he saw an opening.

When the pale man was close enough, he shifted to one side, perilously close to the edge. Behind him, the great, black metal beast he'd rode in on raised its head, and fired a burning beam of energy. It seared the flesh off of the skeletons of the first few men to lead the charge. The rest didn't stop, or even seem cowed by how quickly their comrades were cut down. They'd come too far to stop now.

The pale man moved back into the center of the bridge, and drew his sidearm. The long barrel pointed directly at the face of the next man in line. There was a sharp crack, and his skull split open into several pieces. The next didn't even fire his weapon, instead swinging the butt of his rifle like a club. Pale sidestepped the strike, and used the man's forward momentum to push him off the bridge.

They tried their best, really. But it wasn't enough. In the end, it came down to the pale man and the deputy.

He was tempted to ask what the man's story was. Who he'd lost to Pale, or what else had driven him to make an extraordinary effort, to kill the man in white. But instead he just shot him between the eyes, and went back to the town they'd come from, to get a drink.

Theme: God's Gonna Cut You Down (Johnny Cash).

-- Vehicle Sheet --

Name: Colt.

Role in Combat: Colt carries Pale into combat quickly, and uses its' powerful beam attack to cover him in battle.

Weapons: Colt's 'head' is a powerful plasma cannon, capable of melting through titanium in seconds, and flesh faster. However, each shot takes a few seconds to charge and a few more seconds to recharge.

Mech Origins: Pale has always had a steed, in his many forms, but the latest is an ironic twist on the one he used the last time he was in a form like this, a horse. It didn't simply appear along with him, he had it custom-built off-world a long time ago.

Appearance: Image

Other Features: Colt is somewhat autonomously intelligent, though not to the point of actual sentience. It's remarkably fast for a land-based vehicle, able to keep time with most other ground-based vehicles, within reason.
A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."