[REQ] Redemption

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
Poetic Ghost

[REQ] Redemption

Post by Poetic Ghost » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:00 am

R E D E M P T I O N Backwater

"Draw!"

A single shot rang out through the small settlement of Anchorhead. Those settlers that were not gathered in the middle of the town might have confused it with the clock tower's hour chime. But for those who had watched the two men walk their paces and turn, it was easy to see who the winner had been. Between the two dualists, an older man with a large bag marked by a cross approached the man who laid in the dirt and pressed his fingers to his neck. "Yep, he's dead. Blackwell is the winner," he announced, and a slow clap began to resonate through the streets.

Morgan took a deep breath and spun the cylinder of his revolver, emptying the weapon of it's single spent cartridge. In a quick motion, he flipped the weapon around his finger and pushed it back into the holster strapped to his thigh. It was time to get paid. He'd cash in the outlaw, fuel up his ship, and find himself another bounty on the next tiny fuel depot rock that would come up on his radar. He made his way to the Marshal's Station, and quickly entered stepped into Marshal Hawkins' office.

"Howdy, Sheriff. I'm here to cash in Lenshire."

"It's Marshal, cowboy," Hawkins looked up from the monitor on his desk. "That sure was one way to do it. You call him out in the street like some old gunslinger and shoot when the clock struck twelve? Most trigger men around here would just gun him down when his back was turned. I'd heard you were old-fashioned, but I thought it was more of a gimmick to be honest." The Marshal said, printing his name at the bottom of the papers for Morgan's bounty. "There you go, fifty thousand carbons, as promised." He handed over the paper, newly sealed with the Hub Authority crest. The money was nothing to marvel at, as inflated as the common currency of Aurelius had become. It was all about being on the right side of the law in these times. These tense times. "Still, I don't get the whole moral high ground. These guys are criminals, you know.

"Thank you kindly, sir," Morgan took the paper from the Marshal's hand and slipped it into his coat, setting it next to the knife that laid against his chest. "But they are still people, they still deserve respect," he added, tipping his hat to the lawman before he turned to the doorway behind him.

"So that's it then? You'll just ride off into the sunset? You do know what year this is, right?" The Marshal said, kicking a boot unto his desk as the cowboy stepped through the doors.

"That sounds about right, Sheriff."

---

The Vanguard

"We've combed the Frontier for you, Blackwell, and just as suspected, you're in the last place we'd think to look."

The woman leaned forwards on her desk, pivoting on her elbows. She smiled, but not a welcoming 'I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me' smile. When she smiled, Morgan understood that she had him in her sights, and that their meeting was anything but chance. "Apologizes, ma'am. I'm not sure I understand where I am," Morgan spoke, breaking the silence he had held since his ship had been pulled in, seized, and he was sent to speak with 'Her'. "Can you tell me who you are, at the very least?"

The woman leaned back in her chair, and looked over Morgan before she spoke, "I am Commander Andromeda Chernova, and you are on myship, Mr. Blackwell." She rose from her chair, and preceded to open the top drawer of her desk. "I am the leader of all military operations for the Hub... President McConnelly might be the face of the Alliance, but he wouldn't even have made it to elections if my military wasn't as powerful as it is," Chernova retrieved a folder, and pushed the drawer closed behind her hand. "Now, we've been keeping tabs on certain individuals in Aurelius, some like you... and others..." Chernova passed slid the folder across her desk, letting photographs spill out across her mahogany surface. The photos showed armed men moving large containers of materials, weapons, and finally a bomb. Morgan was by no means an explosives expert, but he could tell that whatever that device was, it was a threat.

"Who are these men?" Morgan asked, pushing the photographs back towards the Commander. "...and do you need them dead?"

"Terrorists. Anarchists. Murderers." Chernova gathered her photos and added, "I need them to be removed from the equation entirely. They have no place in Aurelius, they only wish to destroy what we have worked so hard to build." The Commander pulled another file from her desk, bound in a red folder.

"When do you need me to start?" Morgan followed.

"Cool your jets, cowboy." Chernova chuckled and passed him the red folder, before she moved over to a small table that held a decanter of liquor. "You're just my Ace, Blackwell. I've got an entire deck in that folder, check it out." She poured two glasses and continued to speak, "some were harder to track down than others... take the Silwin for example, we found her in a warzone, patching up refugees. One hell of a medic, and those empathic abilities? Her codename is the Queen of Hearts, how cool is that?" Chernova laughed, and took a drink from her glass. "Do you drink bourbon, cowboy?"

Morgan took his eyes off the files and looked over at the Commander, now offering him a glass of bourbon. His mouth began to water, the last alcohol he had drank was some half-watered whiskey in some bounty bar on Tejas. "Y-yes, thank you," he said, taking the glass from her hand and bringing it to his lips. "Quite a colorful cast you've got here, Commander Chernova." Morgan said, downing half his glass in a single gulp, letting the alcohol sting his throat.

"All they need is someone to rally behind, a leader." Chernova said, looking across the room at the cowboy, like a treasure from the past. "What do you say, Mr. Blackwell, do you think you could bring these misfits together?"

"Well, I'd need a ship-"

Chernova cut him off, "I can cover it."

Morgan started again, "and supplies, we'd need ammo and weapons and-"

"Mr. Blackwell, I'm not cheap. You need it, I'll get it." Chernova confided, setting her glass back down on the table. "So, will you take the job, or do i need to find some other gunslinger in a funny hat?"

"I... I'll do it." Morgan said, standing from his seat.

"Well, shine your spurs, cowboy..." Chernova extended a hand.

"Welcome to Nine-Tailed Fox."

Welcome to the Redemption, a sci-fi, anime-inspired, narrative driven roleplay, that is constantly growing larger as more and more people add their own characters and stories to this universe. Please check out the Lore page for more information and examples of some of the player created races in Redemption. Reminder, the lore of this game is not set in stone, and is subject to change.

Redemption takes place in the Aurelius galaxy, a refuge from the devastated Milky Way that Humanity called home. Aurelius is home to thousands of diverse races, and many groups of interest with their own agenda that may change the galaxy as we know it. This story focuses on the losers, misfits, outsiders. They might not all be heroes, but their story is one that will live on in the stars.

This is Redemption.

- Inspiration -

- The Rise Universe
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
- Firefly by Joss Wheldon
- Dark Matter
- Outlaw Star
- Blue Gender
- Cowboy Bebop
- Blade Runner
- Star Wars
- Mobile Suit Gundam/variants
- Riddick films, more specifically Dark Fury, available on YouTube. Highly Recommended!
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition/Lost Planet 2
- Destiny
- Halo: Combat Evolved/Halo 2 (the rest are crap)
- Marathon/Durendal/Infinity
- Borderlands
- Deus Ex Series
- Planetarian: The Reverie of A Little Planet
- Danger Days
Last edited by Poetic Ghost on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 14 times in total.
~~ You are but a grain of sand, in the sands of time. ~~

Poetic Ghost

Re: [REQ] Retaliation

Post by Poetic Ghost » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:00 am

- Rules and Guidelines -

This is the Advanced thread, I don't think I need to spell every rule. You guys know not to be jerks.

- Follow forum rules. Simple.

- My word is final.

- If I say you can't do something with your character, it isn't because I hate you, it's just that it seriously breaks the game.

- Don't run off with your true love, if two characters have chemistry, don't let it take over the RP and impede the story. I love character development, but love side stories quickly kill RPs.

- Stick to the plot. Don't run off because the game is boring, this isn't a free roam where you do whatever you want whenever. I don't want to have to wait on anybody.

- If two players enter a conflict, bring it to me. The worst that can happen is someone gets kicked.

- Karma is real. If your character is being a dick to other player characters for no reason, or you're just getting one everyone's nerves, I'll give you one chance. If you continue your behaviour, I'll have fun killing your character in-game.
Last edited by Poetic Ghost on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:02 am

- Character Sheet -
(Character image, if added, may go here.)

Name: Not too hard.

Age: The Human aging process has been slowed slightly, adding on a few decades.

Race: Are you a good old Human? Or maybe something stranger...

Homeworld: Where were you born, kiddo? Earth is dead.

Skills: What can you do? Also, at least skim your fellow RPers character sheet before writing yours. It helps to avoid characters being too similar, and spreads diversity.

Equipment: What are you packing? Guns, tools, swords, explosives, armour. That sorta thing...

Personality: This is Advanced, I expect a bit more than a list of conflicting personality traits. At least a good chunky paragraph here.

Appearance: What do you look like? Feel free to use an image, but be prepared to have something along with it, it helps to build the character.

Biography: Where were they born? What was high school like? This stuff helps build great characters. This isn't a measuring contest, but I would like a good bit of writing in here.

Origins: Here is where you give us a taste of your character and what they are like. Write whatever you want, but your character is the main point of this section.

Theme: What music plays when your character does something cool, or has a super emotional scene?

-- Vehicle Sheet --

This vehicle is not your mode of transportation. It cannot be anything that has the ability to leave the orbit of a planet. The most ideal vehicle would be a mecha, but I am accepting other types of vehicles like fighters and hovercraft-style things. If you really don't want a vehicle, that's okay. Just know that you might miss out on some gameplay.

Name: Could be anything. You could even call it poop (actually don't though it isn't funny anymore)

Role in Combat: What does it do when it gets to fighting? Does it stay back and support it's fellow fighters? Or rush ahead?

Weapons: Weapons are seriously advanced in this millennia. Lasers, plasma, rail guns, gauss cannons. But good old fashion bullets are still the leading cause of death in this galaxy.

Mech Origins: How did you get this hunk of junk?

Appearance: What does it look like? Feel free to use art, but please give something of a description.

Other Features: Apart from basics, does it have any extra hardware (or software) onboard?
Last edited by Poetic Ghost on Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:51 am, edited 9 times in total.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:06 am

Count me in. I'll work on a CS when you get it up!

Edit: You got it up before I finished reading. xD I'll work on one tomorrow, when I'm not bone-tired.
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:07 am

Example Character Sheet

Name: "Captain Hale Amarok, at your service."

Race: Lupine, a race of Canine humanoids. The heavily resemble the (now extinct) canis lupis of Old Earth, except their fur comes in a wide variety of colours, from stark white to bright blue. They do possess claws, but it is seen as savage to use them as weapons.

Homeworld: Lupis, homeworld of the Lupine species.

Skills:
Hale is an ex-career soldier, and has a collection of skills necessary for any soldier to excel. He is a capable leader and strategist, leading teams of soldiers to victory against amazing odds. Hale is also extremely skilled with using a handgun and hand-to-hand combat.

Equipment:
Beneath his long coat, Hale wears a lightweight bulletproof vest. Over top, he has reinforced armor plates over his uniform (as seen above) Hale's weapon of choice is a Remus Mk8 50. caliber Heavy Revolver, which can be chambered in a variety of ammunition types. He also owns a converted space freighter called the White Fang. This ship fully converted for illegal activities like out-running Hub Authorities, sneaking through Imperial blockades, smuggling supplies, or making a quick getaway. This ship is also fully loaded with an armoury onboard.

Personality: Hale's Imperial bounty marks him as a "sociopath with a Robin-Hood facade..." that's pretty accurate. Hale respects order and law, but when the system tries to stomp him and impede his freedom, he'll be the first one to take up arms.

On a more personal level, Hale's renegade personality does not get in the way of his care and protective nature for his crew and friends. He would never throw one of his own under the ship. But if he or his friends are betrayed, he won't hesitate to slit their throat before they can even try to explain.

Appearance: Hale stands at 6'8, and is well built for a Lupine. His snow white fur is rough and rough where he has been burned during the Kavarian War. Hale is usually clad in his Lupine Navy uniform, with combat plating and hardened Kevlar padding for defence.

Biography:
Hale doesn't let on much about himself. Judging from his uniform and combat skills, he was once a high-ranking officer in the Lupine Navy, and will sometimes talk about the Voxis War if he's had too much to drink. He almost always has a friend nearby, no matter how deep into space he is. Hale is a mystery, and his reasons for being so secretive are even more so.

(I will add to this once the story progresses far enough.)

Origins: See Retaliation Prologue.

Theme: SIAMÉS - The Wolf

-- Mech Sheet --

Name: The Alpha

Role in Combat: The Alpha takes a leadership role on the battlefield, leading the charge into a fight, or cordinating a counterattack.

Weapons: The main weapon of The Alpha is a 30mm Rotary Gun of a custom Hamada design. The suit itself is equipped with a Hamada Arms Laser Lance, which is mounted on the shoulder of the vehicle. The weaponary of The Alpha can exchange weaponary with most other AMV weapon systems.

Mech Origins: Customed designed by his close friend, Hadrian Hamada. Gifted as a token of respect after Hale saved Hamada's life during the Voxis Wars.

Appearance: The Alpha is thirty feet tall, and shines with a hotrod red and cobalt blue colour scheme. The Mech shows little damage, but it has certainly be tested in battle.

Other Features: The Alpha features an advanced battlefield evaluation software, feeding Hale information on every aspect for the battle as he orders his team.
Last edited by Poetic Ghost on Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:09 am

Honestly, you won me at Firefly.

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:10 am

It took me that long? Damn xD

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:12 am

Oh, no, I read the suggested references part first. I'm a rebel that way~

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:16 am

Are other races allowed? You mentioned making new races (and the two extant) in the request, but the CS doesn't seem to have a spot for it? Or would we put that under appearance?

Also, what's your view on psychic-style abilities, and if you allow them, your limits?

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:21 am

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be sure to add a Race bar. Yeah sure, feel free to make your own race, just be ready to hear me say no if it breaks the universe.

I guess... don't turn into Akira?

But really, in my mind, your character should be balanced, the more powerful they are in one area, the weaker they should be in another. Just try it and let me see.

Seriously though, don't be Akira.