You wake up. Beads of sweat trickle down your forehead, and even if the chillest wind buffeted outside, you feel uncontrollable warmth, not soothing in the least, but unnatural, disquieting. There is only silence inside the room, the heavy panting occasionally breaking through to ascertain you: you are still alive. Your chest feels compressed, as if walls constantly limited your very movements. Why? You stop for a moment, and attempt to recollect those thoughts, those images... Which images? You can no longer even remember it anymore. An omen? A nightmare? How could you know? The thoughts of it terrify you. Seconds go by, your breathing becomes steady, almost soundless. Minutes go by, your body trembles no longer. Then it abruptly pops in your mind. A faint, bizarre memory.
You can see a cave. It calls out to you. You have no idea how you know this cave, it's tiny opening seemingly made to fit you and specifically you. You have no idea how you know exactly where to find this place. It's nearby, it's always nearby. Your heart is overtaken by a blind sense of adventure, the incredible desire of a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence. Thus you set out to find this place. With yourself, you bring your belongings, whatever you feel necessary to venture into the abyss that is the unknown. Maybe overprepared, maybe underprepared, you do not know. You cannot know. You step into the cave, it's entrance exactly as you pictured, even days later, even if you had never set foot in a cave before. Every second it grows tighter, every minute you feel the peer pressure of the earth swallowing you whole and burying you amidst it's vastness. How long has it been? Hours? Days? You don't know. The sun is no longer in sight, the watch seems frozen in place, and you are just there. Alive. Pressing forward. You cannot go back, not now. You feel no hunger, you feel no exhaustion, you only feel the keen-edged points of the stone scraping against your clothing, and the weight of your gear. You must move forward.
And move forward you do.
Until the tight tunnel opens wide and you stumble across. Around you, figures emerge. You don't understand how, but you just know. They are the same as you. You look back, there is nothing but stone, solid and with no openings. There is no escape but what's beyond. Welcome...
- Standard Forum rules still apply.
- This will be an adventure RPG in which the characters will explore and try to escape the Underdark (yes, the same as D&D but with tweaks) and as such, I'd like to keep this small and controlled. So 6 people at most.
- This is a timeless concept, so it means you can make a character from any time period of Earth.
- Keep in mind this is a pretty brutal setting, so keeping in mind things such as food consumption will be very important. I don't mean to make this a bother, but I want it to be challenging. If you no longer want to partake, please feel free to leave, just warn me beforehand so we can set on an exit (most likely death) to the character and open up slots for new people.
- This is a fantasy setting, so feel free to have some supernatural skills. Just keep in mind that nothing too absurd, keep it contained to actually be challenged by the creatures and such. It's the same if you decide to make a futuristic character, please keep in mind that overpowered tech and abilities are not the purpose of this RPG.
- This is more of a request than a rule, but don't feel threatened to give me criticism. I want this to be fun for everyone, so if it's not, maybe I really have to stop and reconsider some things. Constructive criticism is always welcome!