The Nerd Can Sing (CrashJr)

Light-Witch

The Nerd Can Sing (CrashJr)

Post by Light-Witch » Sat May 06, 2017 7:55 pm

Dakota got up slowly, feeling sore from the beating she got the night before. Her father had decided to bash her head into a wall, and it knocked her out long enough for her to actually get more than a full night's sleep. A simple touch left her head pounding, and for some reason, she went on BackGround Noise's channel instead of getting up right away. She was someone who definitely had the same amount of experience with instruments as her, and yet Siren hadn't put up a video in months. People were getting worried about her, especially after she suddenly went on unannounced hiatuses multiple times. It was her father's fault for every hiatus, and after watching the video, she finally got ready for school.

Today's outfit was a simple black lace shirt, black jeggings that fit decently, and a fake leather jacket that was once her mother's. There was no point in hiding herself anymore, and Kota winced as she made the effort to put on concealer for her new bruises. She definitely needed to get out of this dead-end town that was otherwise known as Lyons. Nobody knew where it was unless they lived in a town nearby, and yet this was the day that they were supposed to get a new student. Rumors said it was going to be a girl, but Dakota had rolled her eyes until the Guidance Counselor pulled her aside to warn her that she'd be the one to give the new kid a tour. At least they will have a chance to get to know me for...me. The thought was brushed aside as she ran out the door with coffee and a coffee cake in hand, walking briskly to school on the early January day. The sooner she could get through the day alongside the tour, the better the whole day would be for both of them.

Taking a deep breath, Dakota pushed open the doors leading into her school, and prayed to any higher power for little incidents to happen today since last night was enough for her.
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

CrashJr
Bronze

Re: The Nerd Can Sing (CrashJr)

Post by CrashJr » Sun May 07, 2017 7:18 pm

((Found it...sorry I was at work when you posted this, but yeah glad to hear about the internet hope the move went well enough.)

The alarm clock in the spacious room blared to life blasting out a song by the former Japanese girl rock band Stereopony, with a groan the red tuft of hair shifted under the covers and a thin pale arm slowly moved out from under the thick cover and turned off the clock and goes to shift back to the way it was. That was until a young boy of 3 burst into the room with a wide smile plastered on his face.

“Momma, momma wake up Pawpaw said it’s school time” the boy cheered joyfully bouncing on the bed to wake his mother. “Come on, momma” he says pulling at the covers now.

“Mikey, momma had a long night of recording just ask Pawpaw to take you to school” Zoe yawns giving her young son a sleepy smile once she sees his face.

“But, momma, pawpaw has work” he frowns a little but cheers up once seeing his mother nod and start to get out of bed.

“Okay, go downstairs and ask Pawpaw to make you lunch while I get ready” she yawns out as the little boy rushes out of the room. This gave Zoe a few moments silent to gather her thoughts, with a sigh she stretched and stood walking to her closet and pulling out a pair of black jeans and a gray ACDC shirt that she bought from a thrift store before they moved. This made her think about the move, and how the money she was getting monthly from ITube and the new factory her dad had opened here was more than enough to get this house they now called home.

She smiled as she changed into her clothes and thought about the fact that she was starting fresh after living in Cali all her life, honestly the small-town idea was a bit annoying at first, but after a week of being here and getting used to the sounds of nature around the 5-bedroom home was relaxing. Plus she now had a proper studio to work with and that would be a big deal when she would have other ITubers come to work on stuff with her. She blinked and ran to her calendar looking over some things, “fuck…okay I’ll txt Nat and Amalee later just so they have my new address…and gotta send a message to…yup Caleb to confirm the music video for next month.” She nods to herself and grabbing her phone before walking out of her room and downstairs.

“Hey, bedbug” Zoe’s dad says as she enters the kitchen, he was a tall man that stands about 6’4 and had the looks of an old California surfer, be it with shorter hair.

“Hey, dad, sorry if I kept you up last night, had some recording to knock out, but I’ll have foam padding on the wall soon” she nods walking past her dad and grabbing a Coke out of the frig.

“It’s alright, I don’t mind as long as you pay your half of the house payment” he says in a joking manner as he sips his coffee. “Oh and hey I gotta make sure everything is going okay with the modeling at the factory so you’ll have to take Mikey to school. I’ll pick him up and grab a few pizzas for dinner tonight”

“Okay yeah that’d be cool, I might have to eat in the studio though, gotta edit stuff and I might have homework so yeah…but hey at least the studio is big enough we can eat in there” she smiles like a child that just learned a swear word.

“No eating in there, that’s the one rule I have on that matter” he nods before pushing off the counter a little and walking to Mikey and kissing his head, “alright see you two later, bye little bud” he says as he walks out.

“Bye, Pawpaw” Mikey waves as his grandfather leaves before turning back to his Cinnamon Roll that was his breakfast.

“Alright you can eat that in the car, honey, we gotta go, momma has school too” she says sounding a little rushed at seeing the time. They are soon in her orange Dodge Caliber speeding down the road, luckily there was no police, that or they didn’t care to chase her, and she made it to Mikey’s school and dropped him off. Even though today was her first day Mikey had been in going to this Pre-K school already for a few days and had made a few friends, which he ran to the moment he was out of the car.

After another 20 minutes Zoe pulled into the parking lot and grabbed her bag rushing into the school just as the morning bell rang, she gave a sigh of relief as she walked to the office to meet her student tour guide, or whatever it was the school called it, and waited into the office. To pass the time she began to txt and message the other ITubers that she needed to.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Sun May 07, 2017 8:40 pm

(The move went well, and I wish I could see Nate and Amanda in concert because of Sandcastle Kingdoms being released. Favorite songs from that album have to be Branded and Perfect By Design, but the FNAF, Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, and Undertale songs still hold their places as some of my favorite songs by him.)

Dakota had requests for collabs with many different ITubers, and so far, she was considering only a few of them for a real collab. She had requests from ITubers both well-known and just starting out, but she knew that she needed to get a video up soon. Being called out of the cafeteria to meet the new kid, she walked briskly towards the office and found herself face to face with a girl with fiery and blonde hair that definitely had good taste in music from the band on her shirt. "Dakota, this is Zoe Rae. She's our newest student here at Lyons Junior/Senior High, and Zoe, this is Dakota Wagner, one of our brightest students in this school." The principal, Mr. Alexenian, spoke in an accent that most people weren't sure where it was from exactly. He gave a rundown of the school, and while he did that, the taller girl had to admit that the new girl was kind of pretty. Once that was done, Kota had the chance to take Zoe on the tour of the school.

Not many people were surprised that there was a new girl, but a normal occurrence for the kids was for them to hang out in the hall during study halls. These kids were usually known for acting out, and some were even bullies when it came to interacting with Dakota. "Hey Nerd, who's the looker right next to you?" One of the Popular kids demanded after throwing a pencil at her head before she winced at the pain. "None of your motherfucking business Ericc, and how about you run on the treadmill for once?" She made her way past the burly mud haired kid, and it was clear that he struck a nerve with how she reacted. "New girl, I'm Ericc! How about we-" "Never going to happen, and you have a girlfriend!" Once the tour was finished, Kota had decided to stall going to class by actually talking to Zoe. "First thing you should know about Lyons that Alexenian won't tell you: the school is a piece of shit, and the people here know that if you aren't going to college, you're going to be stuck here for God knows how long." It didn't help that the town was the county seat, and yet it was one of the poorest towns in Wayne county. Once she made a decent amount of money from ITube, it was time to get out for sure.

"What's your schedule like anyway?" Clipped, yet sincere for someone who could possibly have a concussion. Dakota had yet to show any emotion, but she couldn't help it when it came to Zoe. She needed a friend, but who wanted to be friends with the Nerd? ITubers wanted to be friends with Siren, but nobody wanted to be friends with her alter ego. "AP English 12, PE, study halls, Economics, lunch, Chorus, and Band. That's my schedule." Everything except Band and Chorus had bullies, mainly because her teacher for both knew about her musical talents that he recognized from her mom since she was a former student of his as well. The music classes were her safe haven, and only her teacher for both was aware that her home life wasn't the same since the shooting that killed her mom freshman year.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Mon May 08, 2017 12:17 am

((Well that's great to hear, as for going to the concert I wish I could go to something like that, but maybe with Caleb Hyles and Princess Rizu and others like that myself))

“This is Dakota Wagner, one of our brightest students in the school” the words took her back a little, it seemed like something out of one of those cheesy 90’s sitcoms where the main character would be forced to lead the new strange student around the school; giving out gossip about the school and other student, show her all the secret hang out places, and tell her about all the dorky teachers. She gave a playful smirk as she followed Dakota around just listening to her talk about things and the exchange with some country boy looking guy, all the while thinking that her voice sounded familiar but she couldn’t place it.

It wasn’t until they were alone that it dawned on her and she went wide eyed. She just stared at the other girl in awkwardly as Dakota took her schedule and looked it over, this other girl was Siren the faceless singer. She bounced a little giddily as Dakota finished talking finally and just stared at the girl, to anyone else she would be terrified of looking like an idiot but this was big. It wasn’t every day, after all, that the faceless singer of ITube reveals her face to the world, and in all honesty Zoe figured that she wore that mask everywhere.

“Hey umm…are you…fuck it, YOU’RE SIREN! Oh My God I’m such a big fan” she half screams the words and without thinking hugs the other girl, “Oh my god I’m meeting the face behind the mask…I feel like I’m gonna die” she says playfully as she fake faints before breaking out in a laugh. If anyone were to walk up on the two they would possibly think that she was having a mental breakdown, but right now she didn’t care.

“Oh I’m sorry where are my manners…” she steps back and takes a breath, “I’m Lil Z of BackGround Noise…and to a lesser extent Frightful Nights. I know I look different right now…decided to dye my hair from purple to red during the move so yeah” she nods hoping that this fellow ITuber even knew of her channel. “Unless you have no clue of my channel in which case, hi I’m Lil Z” she nods holding out a hand.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Mon May 08, 2017 2:05 am

It was just her luck that she was face to face with another ITuber, and it was BackGround Noise. Of all the people she could've met, it had to be Little Z. It was surreal, and yet a challenge for both of them since Dakota didn't want people to recognize her as Siren. "You're smarter than these idiots I call my classmates, and it's a pleasure to finally meet you as well." Unlike many other fans who'd flip out at the idea of meeting their favorite ITuber, Kota managed to keep her emotions in check as she shook Zoe's hand. "I've been a fan since the start, and I actually had watched your videos to learn a few songs back in middle school, but I never expected you to be my age. Also, I prefer keeping that life a secret from these idiots because of the nickname Ericc called me: Nerd, but some call me Lakota trying to be smarter than they really are, so this is a secret the people I've done collabs with have managed to keep so far." For the first time in a long time, Siren smiled, and she knew that this was a moment to tell to Nate and AmaLee, the two ITubers who wanted to do collabs with her. "If you have either Nate or Amanda's numbers, how about we call them during lunch if we happen to share it? I've been meaning to do videos with the two of them for months now, and we could do one as well if you want to." A promising sign of a return, and it would happen as of tonight because of this older ITuber.

Once Zoe found her locker and got her stuff out, it was nearing the end of first period. "Thanks for keeping me out of AP English, and I was being serious about that collab for the two of us to do. If you want people to know who you are, tell them, but not everyone will keep it to themselves since everyone knows everyone's secrets once they find them out." Before walking that far to PE, Dakota turned and smiled at her once again. "No matter what your hair color, it looks great on you, and I want the box for the blonde and either the red or the blue sometime for my hair. I'll see you around Zoe." It was hard to believe that she shared not only an interest with the new girl, but a career that both of them really enjoyed. Yet there was this nagging feeling that she wasn't the same after her hiatus, mainly because she was more mature than even she was. Things changed once the bell rang, and Kota's paternal cousin, a Popular Jock, came up and put his arm around her waist since she managed to forget her stuff in her locker before AP English...and it didn't help that he was also just a quarter of an inch shy of 5'6". "Kota, where were you in Homeroom? Did something happen to uncle Viktor?" She gave him a playful shove before explaining the situation, but she left out that Little Z was the new girl's alter ego as they made their way to PE.

(Dakota's cousin, and the same person who was Erin's roommate in the other rp we did before the wipe. I figured Nash needed to come back anyway, but in a different way than before.)
Nash Ritz.jpg
Nash Ritz.jpg (67.24 KiB) Viewed 696 times

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Mon May 08, 2017 1:44 pm

((Oh okay cool good to see him or a character like him back in the rp))

Shaking her hand, she smiled widely and nodded as she began to explain the whole nerd thing to her. “Yeah honestly I understand that I mean it was a bit different from where I’m from. See the school I went to before was…well filled with wannabe’s. Everyone had an ITube account and thought they were huge and anyone that had as many subs as I had…well they were shunned, but then again I didn’t care I had my group of friends and other ITubers I worked with so yeah” she gave a small laugh as they stopped at a locker with her number on it.

“And yeah we can do a collab sometime, I have a studio set up at my place, it’s just another bedroom that we converted into a proper studio, but hey it’s something right” she nods shoving her bag into the locker without a second thought and turns back to Dakota. “Let’s go shall we” smiling she follows Dakota and listens as she begins to speak again.

“It’s no problem really I mean I’ll have to explain to my teacher why I was absent on the first day, but oh well it happens. If you want you can come by my place tonight I have some editing to do for a few covers I’m putting out, but we can hang out in the studio still…if you want to I drive the orange Caliber that’s parked out front just meet me there unless I see say before the end of school” she nods and starts to head into her class. Something, however, stops her and she gives small blush as she hears Dakota say that she looks great with whatever hair color she has.

The rest of the day seems to pass slower than normal, but at some point, she finds herself in a large café that was full of other students, all of whom seemed to just want to out yell one another. She manages to grab the thing passing for food and sets down at a table picking at what she was told was beef stew. “Well I guess I’ll have to start making lunch for me and Mikey” she says aloud to herself forcing herself to eat the food and people watch.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Mon May 08, 2017 10:32 pm

(He's definitely back, and if you want for this next post, you can choose to act as Nate since Dakota's going to be calling him in this post. As soon as I watch this video with Nate and Amanda so that way I have a feel for AmaLee's personality so I can act as her later on.)

Dakota couldn't believe that it was already lunch, and she had decided to stay in the cafeteria only for one reason: Zoe. She wasn't going to be alone, and her cousin was sitting near the same table as her, but as far as Siren was concerned, it was a chance to talk to a fellow ITuber out in the open. Once she took her seat across from her, it was as if her moniker was right there with a friend, and Kota had the chance to be herself for once. "My tip for eating the food here: don't smell unless it's noticeably hot. Other than that, you'll probably want to pack your lunch." A small smile appeared on her face as she started to eat, but it just wasn't settling like it should due to missing dinner a lot this week. "I can come over after school, and I left my dad a voicemail using my cousin's phone saying I'd see him after helping you catch up on what we're learning now since he doesn't know about my talents being put to good use." It wasn't like he cared anyway, and he had multiple women over within the past few weeks. Some dared to defend her from him, but none of them were mom...yet Little Z gave her that same feeling of safety that her mom once gave her for some reason.

"Hey Nash, why is the new girl sitting with your cousin?" Ericc asked the earth haired guy who was sitting next to him (picture from above), and his head instantly perked up to see that Dakota was indeed sitting by the new girl. "They must've hit it off since she was her guide, but leave her alone Craine." The heavyset kid then stood up with the stew another kid refused to eat, and Nash grabbed his arm roughly as a result. "I don't care how popular you are, I will beat the fucking shit out of you if you lay a hand on Kota. My uncle is a police officer, and I will make sure that he arrests you for assault since Lillie told me you laid a hand on her before now." Instead of sitting back down, he threw a fist, and a fight quickly started soon after that. Nash was winning, but he looked at Kota before yelling at her to go since she was watching the whole thing. He watched her grab the new girl and yank her out of there, and it was that moment the other kid got the upper hand as teachers began to file in to break up the fight, but he just realized that she still had his phone from earlier that day.

"Shit, I still have my cousin's phone, but I need to make a phone call anyway. It's what, 9:45 in Cali, so he has to be up by now." Dakota unlocked Nash's phone, quickly went to her social media to get the number, and decided to call the ITuber who was (remember, it's January at this time since he released Sandcastle Kingdoms in March) currently getting his original album ready to be released in March. Despite her nerves, she was easily able to slip into her moniker, and she made sure that her voice didn't shake as she heard the voice on the other end. "Hey, Nathan. This is Siren, and I'm sorry for not answering you sooner, but I wanted to call you since you gave me your number through Flutter (changed the name of the site, but nothing else worked for a name)." Every other student didn't care that she was on the phone, and they cared less that she was talking to the person people knew as either NateWantsToBattle, Nathan Sharp, Nathan Smith, or just simply either Nathan or Nate. It was that moment when she started to feel a bit star-struck now that she met both BackGround Noise and Nate. "I've actually got some news: I met Little Z, and I'm going to be going over to her place to work on some covers, but I have the ability to mix and master them myself so Shawn or whoever she contacts for that." Kota was smiling like an idiot, but it was more like she had a friend to talk to. "Hang on a second." She looked up at Zoe before motioning for her to follow her to the closest girl's bathroom, and once they were inside, she set the phone down before putting it on speaker.

"There, now you can talk to both of us. Siren and BackGround Noise are live and in stereo."

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Tue May 09, 2017 3:16 am

((I can try but not sure if I can get all the mannerisms done that well))

“My tip for eating the food here: don’t smell unless it’s noticeably hot. Other than that, you’ll want to pack your lunch.” Hearing the words made Zoe look up and smirk more so that she saw her friend again than being given the advice.

“Hey and thanks normally I don’t touch anything unless I know what’s in it, but I mean right now food is…” she stopped as someone screams and she looks over to see to male students fighting as if it were common place. “What’s that all about?” she questions, but the only response she receives is Dakota pulling her up and out of the lunch room. “Hey wait what was going on back there?” she continues to question, but notices Dakota pulling out a phone and talking about making a call. She doesn’t bat an eye when she hears the name Nathan just thinking it was someone that she knows, but once she’s pulled into a bathroom and the phone is placed on speaker she’s surprised when Dakota announces the two of them.

“Z you know Siren?” Nate’s voice comes over the speaker.

“Oh hey Nate how’s it going? And yeah I met her this morning at the new school I told you about at VidCon.” Zoe replies leaning on the wall next to the sink the phone is placed on. “Hopefully we didn’t catch you at a bad time” she says in a playful tone.

“No just finished eating honestly…how was the move, Mikey do well?” he asks and the sound of chewing can then be heard.

“Yeah you know the little guy…just like his momma” she gives a little laugh, “but yeah he’s been asking when he gets to see his ‘uncle’ Nate again” she nods using air quotes around the word uncle.

“Well I mean I’ll be flying out that way in a week or so, so we can get some of the sound ready for the album will Siren be there too?” he asks and she could tell that he kind of shifted a little as if the three were in a room together.

“Yeah you might even get to see her without the mask like I’m getting the pleasure to right now” Zoe smiles at Dakota before looking back to the phone.

“Really? I thought that was just her face…see you were always the lucky one Z” his shock was a slight surprise to her, but she just shrugged her shoulders and turns her attention back to Dakota.

“So you star struck without the mask…come on Nate won’t bite…well not over the phone that is” she laughs again knowing Nate is rolling his eyes at the lame joke.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Wed May 10, 2017 1:56 am

(I read every single line that was Nate's in his voice, and it fit him. Ten out of ten, and plus five for the willingness to try it out. Side note, he didn't release the audio for StopRewind yet, but it's the Friday before that was released.)

Yep, she definitely felt star-struck right now. "I just met both of you in one day, and surprisingly enough, she was the first to recognize me offline despite living here for the past seventeen years. She actually witnessed her first fight already since it's lunch for us, but I can explain the reason for the fight later." Dakota slipped back into Siren easily since she wasn't technically looking at Nate, but it was still hard since Zoe was right there with her. "I had the luxury of showing Z around this pathetic excuse of a school, but she's adjusted well compared to other kids, and going to her place is the perfect excuse to get out of the house. As for seeing me without the mask on, maybe while we're recording tracks, but it goes right back on for videos. It's a signature for the channel anyway, and you can call me Kota." It was the closest any other ITuber got to learning her real name, yet it didn't count when the other ITuber was going to her school. She was free to talk about her next cover, and possibly unveil new work at the same time. All Kota really had to do was mix Siren into her daily routine whenever BackGround Noise was around, and she had to talk to Amanda about a collab once she got back from her new friend's house. Her dad worked overtime anyway, so she could easily eat there before dealing with him.

Anxiety chose the worst time to hit, and the only way for Dakota to really calm down was to sing part of a song she liked. It wasn't like she was going to sing the song that came to mind because of Nate, but it didn't help that it was a Fall Out Boy song that came to mind. "Am I more than you bargained for yet? I've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear 'cause that's just who I am this week. Lie in the grass, next to the mausoleum. I'm just a notch in your bedpost, but you're just a line in a song." She couldn't help but smile shyly, and yet it was the first time she had a real audience. This day was surreal, and she picked up the phone to check the time. Ten minutes to the end of lunch, and Kota had successfully slipped into Siren by this point. She'd definitely talk to both of them later, and she still needed to call Amanda in order to get her out here at some point as well.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed May 10, 2017 3:30 am

((Hey just added to the rp let’s say that only a few ITubers know she has a son, her subs and Dakota don’t. It’s not a big thing story wise, but I just want to see the reply you’ll do when Zoe introduces Dakota to him lol. And thanks, I wasn’t fully sure if I would be good playing him))

Zoe smiled hearing the other girl and couldn’t help but admire her a little bit. Honestly she wished she could sing like her friends, but she was cursed with the singing talents of her father which wasn’t great in the least. “Hey, Nate, I think maybe you two can do a little something for Siren’s channel when you make it down and I promise I won’t auto-tune you again” she gives a small laugh moving off the wall as her phone buzzes in her pocket, “Hey hold on” she says softly walking into a stalk and closing the door.

“Hello” she answers and mentally curses herself at the slight echo in the room.

“Hey, bedbug, sorry to call during school, but I have to do a few more interviews then I thought so I can’t pick up, Mikey…I can call the school and let them know you have to…” he’s cut off by a small groan from Zoe.

“Yeah I’ll run and pick him up, and yeah go ahead and call I’ll head out now” she nods before hanging up. “Hey Dakota I have to run and do something, but I can swing back here after school to pick you up unless you don’t mind ditching the rest of the day?” she questions stepping out of the stall seeing her looking at the time on the phone.