Lost You Twice [Reserved Harley]

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Icy

Lost You Twice [Reserved Harley]

Post by Icy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:05 am

Connor is abused by, Bailey, their significant other while their best friend, Danni, watches helplessly. Each time Danni sees them they seem to have even more bruises, but they never seem to want to do anything about it. They let it happen, saying that everything will be fine. Though Danni knows they shouldn't...they trust their judgement. Yet when they get a call from the police, their life is turned upside down. Connor was killed in a car accident on the highway during an argument with Bailey. Bailey had been drunk and grabbed the steering wheel, causing them to spin off the road. It was said that Connor died on the scene and their death had been painless. Danni took it hard, shutting the world out and only coming out to go to work or get things she needed. A few years pass after that and one day while she walks into a newly built cafe, they have to do a double take at the one of the waiters there. It's Connor. Everything is different, they don't look the same, but it's definitely them and Danni doesn't know what to do. They believed they were dead, and here they were in front of them. So what will Danni do?

Icy

Re: Lost You Twice [Reserved Harley]

Post by Icy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:06 am

Your Last Post~

Zachary's eyes narrowed into a glare, staring at his best friend seated next to him and silently conveying the message of 'Seriously? You're seriously going there?' with one simple look. He wanted to be with Danni, even though he could feel her drifting away from him a bit more recently. It wasn't like he couldn't tell. She was his best friend and he picked up on things, even more so since he was so quiet and observant. It gave him an advantage, to watch from afar. He observed far more than he interacted with people. Danni's mind was always on Connor, always thinking about his situation with his girlfriend and how she herself felt about him. "Stop," he muttered, sinking back into his spot on the corner of the couch before he continued talking to her. "Stop talking like that, Peach. It's not like that. I'm not going anywhere and neither are you."

My Last Post~

Danni wasn't looking at him, her gaze was instead on one of his other posters but just like with the first one she was not paying much attention to what was on it. If there were words or just a picture. She however was definitely aware that he was looking at her, it felt as if he were staring into her soul but she knew he was silently scolding her. Asking if she was serious without even saying, it...wouldn't be the first time that he's given her this specific look so she knew it pretty well by now. There was no answer she could give him though for she had none at this moment, it was highly possible she would never find one. A soft sigh left her lips and she flinched when he spoke, she didn't want him to be like this. To worry though she had no way of stopping him from doing so. "...stop what..."she mumbled, crossing her arms in front of her as if to protect herself. From what she was protecting herself from exactly even she didn't know, but she felt empty inside. Vulnerable. "I'm already gone..." in a way she was anyway.

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:30 am

"Bullshit," Zachary said softly, reaching over to pick up his cat Rave that was sitting in front of him on the floor and letting him settle in his lap. "Peach, I know you. Typically you fight for yourself, you've never let...let this kind of sad stuff weigh you down. You're always looking to be this positive ray of sunshine," he started, lifting his gaze from the purring black cat in his lap to look his best friend straight on as he began speaking the most he had all night. Optimism had always been something Danni carried with her, ever since they met in high school. He wasn't exactly the opposite, but he could be more pessimistic and cynical than Danni could ever dream of being. It wasn't like he tried to be a pessimist, no, it was far from that. He just tended to sound that way to people when first spoke to him. People who really knew him knew he was just quiet, with an odd and sardonic sense of humor at times. "I...I know Connor's...situation...is bothering you and making you think about your own feelings, but you can't just...sit around and feel sorry for yourself. It isn't healthy," he said, his fingers scratching underneath his cat's chin.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:46 am

Danni leaned against the arm of the couch with a sigh, her arms folded under her head as a pillow. She knew he was right in a way. Depression typically usually something that got her down like this, she was one to simply push it aside and move on with her head held high. Yet that was mostly an act. No one was immune to it, but some, like her, could fake the smile on their faces. It was for the sakes of those around her, who cared about her. Sometimes though...she struggled. Normally she moped when no one was around, but this seemed to be one of those days that her luck was on the thin side. "It's not myself I feel sorry for Mouse..."at least mainly. Some tiny part of her did, but she mostly felt sorry for Connor. He was in a situation that was horrible... and yet he was conditioned to think it was acceptable and normal when it wasn't. Danni she was so sick and tired of being sidelined whenever Bailey was around, she couldn't do it anymore but she wasn't sure how to tell him that she was done. If he was going to do this to himself then okay, but she didn't have to sit by and watch it. He was her best friend, but she didn't know what else to do. "I'm done with it. I tried so hard to make him see, to help him but..."she shrugged. "I don't want to lose him, but I can't watch him do this to himself anymore either..."

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:27 am

"It's his life, Peach." It sounded harsh, he knew that it did, but that was the simplest way that Zachary could explain it. He knew what abuse could do to a person, knew that Connor was dealing with it the only way he really knew how and was having trouble finding a way out. He dealt with abuse all his life, physical and emotional. Denying it was just part of the horrible process. He pressed his lips together, cheeks heating up a bit in embarrassment when he realized how harsh and insensitive he sounded talking about Connor's situation like that. "What I mean is...he seems to know that things aren't good but he isn't doing anything. It...it's a normal reaction to being abused, I should know. People being abused don't want other people to get involved. I didn't." He could see a lot of himself in Connor and his situation. It brought him back to memories with his family and them abusing him the way they always did, to when Blake did the same things that Danni was doing for Connor for him. Zachary may not go out of his way to spend time with Connor without Danni around, but he did feel upset by his situation since it hit so close to home. He shrugged, his gaze having already trailed away from Danni and at nothing particular in front of him. "He's smart...he'll work it out for himself. Bailey's the kind of person to fight if he tries to get out. Could be dangerous."

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:26 pm

Danni didn't say anything when Zachary was finished. She may have never been through abuse herself, but she knew what it did to someone. In the beginning, when Danni first learned what was happening, she researched it and knew it affected the abused mentally the most. The abuser just had to know what to do and say to keep them under their power, to keep them weak. No it wasn't fair, but that's how life was. Unfair. The mind was fragile, easily broken if one knew what they were doing. I never thought Connor would let himself fall to this. She sighed, shaking her head a little bit. There was no use thinking about the what ifs, the past was the past and there was no changing it...unfortunately. All she could do was either watch him continue to destroy himself, or walk away while potentially destroying herself. Either way she had to make a decision, she couldn't blame herself and mope about it forever. "I guess so." She replied quietly, just to say something and not fall into complete silence.

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Tue May 09, 2017 1:18 am

Zachary glanced over at Danni, unable to keep himself from rolling his eyes as he turned his body to face her full on. "I'm not sitting here while you mope about something that's...so far out of your control," he told her, his voice quiet as he leaned back into the couch. "You can't let Connor consume you like this." Sure, she had every right to be worried about her best friend. He understood that. She got like that over him too, just like Blake did, but this...this was a new territory that just wasn't healthy for Danni or anyone for that matter. He could feel his phone vibrating again, moving his position on the couch to pull it out of his pocket while he took the remote to actually put something on for them. There was no point in the two of them just sitting there in silence. As content as he is with it, it was the opposite of what Danni needed and she needed distractions. He readjusted his position to get comfortable once again, opening the texts that he had from Blake and Elliott. "Tell me something." And by something, he was hoping it wasn't about Connor.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:39 pm

"Easy for you to say. The guy you like isn't in a relationship with someone else, doesn't almost completely ignore you because of someone who seems to...despise you." Danni muttered, hugging her legs to herself and resting her chin on her knees. She didn't even know what she did to Bailey to make her hate her so much, but Bailey made sure to let it be known that she did. Some people in the world made no sense whatsoever, but life had to have some of those to keep things balanced out...she guessed. Of course she knew Zachary was just trying to keep her from thinking all about it and making herself miserable...but she did have to admit that sometimes it felt like he didn't care. Yet what did it truly matter? Thinking about it wouldn't help her and it certainly wouldn't change anything about the situation. Connor would go on being with Bailey and Danni...she had a dancing career to focus on. Dancing was the only thing that made sense in her life anymore, the one thing that truly made her happy. It never let her down, even if it did cause her feet to blister and bleed sometimes. That kind of pain was worth it. "Like what...?" Her life wasn't at all exciting. All she really did was go to work, courses, and dance class. She didn't have much time for anything else.

Queen Harley

Post by Queen Harley » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:41 pm

Zachary reached over, flicking Danni in the side of the head pretty hard once she was done talking. He had had enough of his best friend's self pity, listening to her go on about something she really couldn't control anymore. He knew it was hard to watch your best friend suffer and do nothing about it (he had that argument more than once with both Danni and Blake, hell he had that argument recently), but it was in Connor's hands at this point. "What did I tell you?" He asked, golden eyes on her and not really looking for an answer since they both knew. "Our situations of liking guys may be different but we're not here to focus on them or the bad happenings," he went on, tearing his gaze from her to text but still talk to her. "You haven't told me about dance in a while, you know I like listening to you talk about something you're so passionate about."

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Danni rubbed her head where he flicked her, a pout on her face. He wasn't nice, but she knew he meant well even if she didn't want to always admit it. It seemed easy to blow off one's situation if you weren't in their shoes to experience it for yourself so it was no surprise that he didn't understand. That didn't mean she didn't get where he was coming from, but that also didn't mean she was just going to stop worrying about it. Mostly because she couldn't. "Uh huh...not here to focus on them hmm?" She muttered with a huff, glancing pointedly at his phone before she went back to resting her head atop her knees. Zachary was worse than she was when it came to boys sometimes, whenever his crush texted or called he practically jumped at his phone just to answer him. A bit of an exaggeration, but she wasn't sure how else to explain it. "Dance is dance, nothing new there. I have a recital this weekend but you already knew that." The whole town pretty much knew that since tickets had been on sale for about two months now. A lot of people always came, and this year there were a lot of amazing dancers showcasing, including herself though she always denied that she was amazing in any way. It was just the way she was.