[CS]Daughter of Diana

Stitches
Token Witch

[CS]Daughter of Diana

Post by Stitches » Thu May 03, 2018 3:38 am

Approved CS will be left here for admiration.

Name and Titles:

Age: (Age cap is 1000. Even the powerful ones eventually die. The cycle of death began shortly after the Regent turned 100, so it's been going for roughly 400 years. The absolute youngest your character would be at this point is 350.)

Personality:

Powers: (Be descriptive. The magic is open for interpretation. Make it emotion based, gesture activated, verbal, nonverbal, whatever you want. Make it make SENSE. Offensive is more likely to be verbal or gesture, while Healing is likely to be nonverbal, touch and emotion activated.)

Biography:

Appearance: (Please, try to keep it high realistic in nature. I'm even willing to help you!)

-While everything above must be present, feel free to customize it how you see fit. Add quotes, throw pictures all over the cs. Make it special-
Last edited by Stitches on Thu May 03, 2018 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

You've been bitten by a true believer
You've been bitten by
someone who's hungrier than you
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Re: Daughter of Diana C.S

Post by Stitches » Thu May 03, 2018 3:39 am

Annasiel wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 12:49 am
Name: Selena Karaul (Селена караул)

Titles: The Cerulean Witch, Matriarch of Asia and Chieftess of the Sapphire Coven

Age: 354 (b. December 1st, 1663, on the Commemoration of the Holy Prophet Nahum)

Personality:

Perhaps a product of her lowly upbringing, or maybe just of her impassive attitude, Sel harbors a resentment for pomp and luxury. To her, anything of a flashy or extravagant nature is a highly unnecessary waste. This distaste for flashiness extends even to the realm of magic. Sel views the misdirecting mystics and vague mediums as insults to the arcane arts, frauds in their own name that promise power far above what they actually hold. The true caster is direct in their abilities, open in their words, and honest in the extent of their actions. She has little time or care for convoluted prophecies, and will always provide a straightforward answer about the information she is able to glean. However, this does not mean she won't withhold certain aspects of what she knows if she deems them unripe to share or useless to the greater good. To her peers and superiors, she has an irritating habit of passing quiet judgement, determining the worth of things internally and only telling what has passed her scrutiny. She isn't particularly fond of people, especially groups of them, and she will avoid interacting with them unless there's no other choice.

Powers:

The centerfold of the Sapphire Coven is the art of Divination. This ancient magic comes in many forms, from the bird-watching auguries to the sacrificing haruspices, from the watchful scriers to the heaven-fixed astrologists, all finding their own best ways to gaze past the curtain of the future. That is an important aspect of the coven, individuality, seeing as how prevalent a role intuition plays in their abilities. After all, each perception is a different beast, and the tools or rituals one may find useful might seem pointless and blank to another. At the heart of every seer, though, is a lust for the truth, a desire for answers, a need to seek what normally cannot be found. Curiosity is a central trait, as is an honesty with both yourself and others.

Below is a list of powers Sel herself holds. The abilities of the Sapphire Coven extend beyond this simple list, though many of the basic principles carry over. This is merely Selena's personal style.

Clairvoyance - A common skill among seers. This is the gift of true-sight, the ability to see beyond obfuscation and lies. A clairvoyant cannot be easily dissuaded by illusions, and objects they seek seem to leap to sight. Patterns, signs, and truths are made obvious, no matter what might conceal them. Note that this gift does not strengthen eyesight, and that things blocked by natural means like distance or opacity may still remain hidden. This merely dispels any magical or mental fogs, and makes what is laid before the caster plain.

Prophecy - Another common skill, though it manifests in many different forms. This is the guiding intuition that drives every seer, the ability to predict the unfoldings of future events. While many only gain simple nudges and premonitions, some, like Sel herself, have full-fledged visions. Through meditation, dreams, and scrying, she is able to experience flashes of what is to come. Be wary, though, that the truths revealed through prophecy are often not meant to be taken literally. While they always hold an element of veracity, it is sometimes held in layers of symbols, and must be interpreted by the seer correctly for it to be useful at all.

Transmission - This is a very rare trait, and for good reason. Transmission is the ability to survey the thoughts of others, pulling facts, ponderings, and memories forcibly from their mind. It generally requires some form of closeness, whether it be emotional, visual, or physical, and can be resisted through will and shock. Sel is quite adept at this, able to pull most superficial things from her victim's minds. If they are unwary, it is easier, but blanked and steeled minds prove a bit of a challenge. With enough probing, deeper feelings and secrets can be ascertained, but this needs time and effort to accomplish.

Telesthesia - This is the perception of distant events without actually being present. Natural telesthesiests, able to use their skill through meditation without the aid of any outside tools, are few and far between. Sel herself is not one of them, and she is unable to access this ability at all if she cannot use a scrying surface. However, if she has access to a mirror, pool, crystal ball, or other reflective surface, she can with some difficulty view far away happenings. The more familiar she is with the location, the less energy she needs to expend to establish a link. For places she has never visited, she may gain a few seconds glimpse before breaking focus, while places she knows intimately can be observed for indefinite lengths of time.

Projection - Similar to telesthesia, but in reverse; While the former is the bringing of distant perceptions to yourself, this is the placement of yourself in distant positions. It is a sort of out-of-body effect, a transferal of the mind's eye to another locale, and (like the last two listed powers) is hard to find in natural talent. Again in kinship to telesthesia, Sel is able to make use of this skill with the aid of scrying glasses. She needs two reflective surfaces, one in the place she wishes to appear and one in the place she is. With this set-up, she can send an image of herself and her surroundings to the distant place, which acts as a conduit of her own personal sensing. While in this state, her body remains incredibly vulnerable, and any damage to either surface might cause mental harm.

Dowsing - This is the use of tools, or even limbs, to seek the location of hidden or distant objects. When dowsing, the conduit acts as a compass, pointing in the relative direction of that which is desired. It is not exact, but triangulation and concentration can help narrow down the field dowsing creates.

Sel's rowan dowsing wand, notable in its relatively plain appearance.

Biography:

Excerpt from the journals of Selena Karaul.

I don't remember much of my early life.

There was much cold, and much pain, two things many in this world experience. I was alive, though, and that was enough to keep my history from tragic. Isn't it interesting how people like to dwell on the nature of calamity? As if comparing woes makes their life any better, or somehow gives them rankings to laud over others. Since the rise of man, billions upon trillions have lived sordid lives. Struggles are nothing special, nothing to be proud of, and certainly nothing to be seen as a badge of merit.

In fact, I can safely say I did not struggle myself, as I had an edge that the poor fools around me did not. I had my talents. From a young age, I had notions of what was to come, and benefited greatly from it. I knew where to hide after stealing from the baker. I knew what to say when the soldiers came marching by. I knew how to act to stay alive in the unforgiving wastes. Perhaps even more, I knew what others knew as well. Their thoughts seeped into my mind in random snatches of static, giving me a lead I began to take for granted. I never really needed, certainly never needed to sell the few possessions I had. A thick woolen cloak around my shoulders. A pair of buttons carved from ivory. A silver ring inset with an azure stone. I don't recall why they were so important to me, or even where they came from. I think they were heirlooms of a sort, but it's all a haze.

That was how my life went for ten years, maybe more, maybe less. For all my clarity, I cannot recall my long-dead parents' faces, or even my family's names. All I remember is them. The couple. The dark man and cheerful woman, from somewhere far away, going somewhere far away. They were strangers in my town, and I felt myself naturally drawn to them. They were whispering snatches of conversation, and while I didn't understand their foreign tongue, I knew the thoughts that flitted through their minds. The woman wanted to take me, out of sympathy or pity. The man was reluctant, but he often bent to her will. They were very close, and had been together for a long time, longer than they both seemed they should have been alive for.

"It's a long way from France," I said to them, and they both stopped talking. I don't know why I said what I said, but it felt right.

"From France? Why would we be in France?" the woman replied in flawless Russian.

"Were you not there yet?" I said. For whatever reason, for whatever purpose, I knew that distant land was important to the two. I knew it.

"I... no," she murmured. "We weren't."

"Oh... then you will be," I stated curtly, extremely sure of myself. The two exchanged glaces, and returned their gaze to me.

"Want to come with us?"

I knew the right answer was yes before the question had even left her lips. This was my purpose in life. This was my destiny.

Appearance:

Sel Karaul, lauded as the greatest seer of the present millennium. Her owl, Pravda (правда), is perched upon her forearm.

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Thu May 03, 2018 3:39 am

UmbraSight wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:47 am
"Know that you have two options open to you, peace or conflict. Do not think that because I favor the former that I know nothing of the latter. I have seen more men tributed to the earth in a single hour than you have met in in the span of your life. Stand aside."

Name and Titles:
Astrid Yvonne Dufort

La Sorcière Noire, “The black witch”
European Matriarch, Chieftess of the Onyx Coven

Personality:
Guarded would be a good way to describe her, she is slow to trust, and rarely even fully divulges herself when among friends. More than once or twice she has been known to hold onto important information rather than informing the other Matriarchs or Chieftains unless specifically asked by the Regent to tell all that she knows on a particular subject. In a similar vein, other than those she trusts with positions of power within her own coven or a select number of close friends or allies, Astrid often does not trust others to accomplish tasks which she could easily handle herself. Because of this, Astrid often finds her attention divided awkwardly between the macro and the micro, yet she never seems to have much problem with juggling the two. She has, after all, had many years to hone her craft.

At first glance she does not seem the most passive of Onyx witches, but the devil remains in the details. She has lived long enough, as seen enough of human conflict to know that diplomacy is not a perfect solution, that sometimes blood must seep into the ground before peace can return. So, better to work to end a war as quickly as possible, than waste energies attempting to avoid the inevitable.

Powers:

The witches of the Onyx coven might be peaceful by nature, but the lands they often inhabit are not. Europe has always been a land of conflict, of constant wars between kings, queens, and ever vying nobility wishing to prove their worth and expand their influence. It should, in many ways be of no great surprise that the coven to grow from such a violent land would desire above else, peace. And, it should also be of no surprise to any that the Chieftess of such a coven would be well versed in ways to bring wars to sudden, violent ends.

The witches of her illustrious coven

the Iron Oath
Do you desire power? Have some burning wish you must see completed? Do you want to drive a foreign power from your lands, make a wicked king kneel, or keep your home safe in trying times of avarice and strife? There are ways in which such powers could be gained, so long as you are willing to accept the price. If you wish for Astrid to become your shield, then you must be willing to become her sword. The price is simple enough, first, have the strength of will to see their task to completion, and second, once their talk is finished then they will be at Astrid’s beck and call.

If she calls for their support, then they must respond.

The contract itself allows Astrid to implant a portion of her magic into the recipient, once imparted the magic is no longer fully part of Astrid nor requires for constant attention to upkeep. Instead, the spell intertwines with the soul of the recipient, and it is their willpower which maintains the power. So long as they are focused and driven, then they will remain under her protection. Stray from the path and the contract will be broken, and the recipient will be left to the wolves.

And all that is required to make such a pact, is to sign one's true name upon the line of blood and ink.

Serendipity’s Grace
Often the greatest defense against a lethal blow isn't a foot of stone or a layer of steel, but never having a blade test your defenses to begin with. This spell twists fortune’s favor, shifts variables in such a way that a weapon is never able to puncture skin or crack bone. The round of a gun or the bolt of a crossbow would find their paths different from what the shooter intended, swords might find their angles awkward or just a moment late to carve into flesh. When granted to a singular person, they will seem untouchable, and when spread across an army of men then none are specifically granted this grace, but all are given the same chance to be the one not be struck.

Silver’d Words
Few are naturally graced with the ability to rally the disheartened, to turn a gathering of people into a chanting mass ready to face the next hardship with vigor. It is a rare gift to have but truly invaluable in times of hardship and strife. Be it to raise the moral of weary soldiers or used to avoid a boiling conflict, charisma is a useful tool. Astrid can grace others with this silver tongue, give them the ability to rally others to their cause, and convince even the most concluded mind.

Stalwart Guardian
When all else fails and blood must be drawn, then it is prudent to wear armor of some kind. Those blessed by this spell will be all but invulnerable to direct attacks, their skin will not break, their flesh will not cut, and any armors given shape through the workings of man will not bend.
If you cannot avoid a fight, then best be certain you can survive the blows which are coming your way. The magic isn’t perfect, and a lethal blow which has been blocked still drains one’s spirit, leaving them more susceptible to the next attack.

Song of Tranquility
When Astrid sings, the will of those around her to continue fighting is slowly sapped. Reasons fie strife and discord which has seemed so meaningful enough to guide a violent hand suddenly seen silly and insignificant. The song calls to those who desire peace, and undermines the resolve of those who clamor for war.

Wand
Astrid’s wand is a simple quill pen. The feather is a pure white and the writing nub beautifully crafted. While she can cast most magics normally, by using the pen she can impart her magic onto another and tie it to their will.

Biography:

Excerpts taken from an old journal

She is an impressive girl.

Young, impossibly so, but with a certain sense of self in her eyes. An understanding of who she was and what it is she must be doing. Such a feeling of purpose in one so young, I would not scarcely thought it possible if she had not stood in front of me, and met my gaze unyielding. But, above all else, her request had been so very pure.

Grant me the strength to free my home.

No ill will, no hidden intentions or desires. All that she wanted in a single statement.

The others in my coven questioned my decision, saw it as a betrayal of the highest sort. Yet, who would I have been to deny that girl? As distasteful as it might be, we cannot force the continent to accept peace and remaining idle will leave us vulnerable, at the mercy of fickle kings and power hungry nobles.

Though, if the counsel truly disagreed with me, then they would have maneuvered against me, not simply voiced disapproval at my tactics. Deep down they too understand the necessity of action.

I will let them worry about what is prudent and what is not, in the meantime, I see an opportunity to bring this chapter of war to a close and a chance to allow peace to assert.

For now, at least.

The French and English will find another reason to be at one another's throats in time.

Though, I would be a fool not to admit that I harbor doubts. I am stepping into territory my coven dares not touch, active influence over a human conflict. Those within the counseling body might only be grumbling about me now, but if this doesn't play out as I believe it shall, I doubt I will remain long within Onyx. I am gambling my place in this world on the abilities of a seventeen year old peasant girl.

But, these wars have been ongoing events for decades now. If the humans will not chose the path of peace, then I will find ways to bring their wars to a swift end.

Appearance:

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Thu May 03, 2018 3:42 am

Stitches wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 1:36 am

Name and Titles: Aradia Gates, Regent Enchantress, Ruby Coven Chieftess.

Personality: A tad shy, a bit quiet. She's generally upbeat and hyped, always a whirlwind of energy, but her manic energy can quickly transform into a fiery anger. She's not the type to hold grudges, however, and is quick to forgive her friends, and even her enemies. She has a positive outlook on life, always pointing out how things could be worse.

Quite a bit of this is a mask.

At her core, Ara is depressed and lonely. She has an unfulfillable need to make everyone happy, to suppress her own unhappiness. She has always felt out of place and out of time, as though she doesn't belong where she has found herself to be.

Since meeting Az in her newest life, some of her has healed. More of the positivity is real, and she seems calmer to those around her. The slow transformation into the woman she was before her first death has begun.

Powers: Ara, though a powerful Enchantress, has barely scratched the surface of her powers. She's only had a few months of training with Az to prepare her, and even though she grows in power every day, there is no guarantee she will survive

Illusions- Ara can create vivid hallucinations that cloud reality for those they are inflicted on with just a few words.

Touch of Clarity- by channeling her piwer into her touch, she can help clear a person's mind of pain and other troubling clouds. It leaves a soothing feeling and an ease of thought. For those who suffer insanity, it allows a few moments of sane clarity.

Diamond Shield- A quick, gesture activated spell that casts a field around her and those with her to protect them from harm. It can hold as long as she can and is as hard as diamonds.

Blast of Light
- Her only offensive spell, currently, creates a tornado of blinding light that surrounds the opponent. It's extensively gesture activated spell that requires signing runes and throwing them.

As she's still being trained, her powers will expand. She will slowly become adept at more magics, just as she was before.

Biography: Once, a long time ago, there was a girl. She was born in France in the early 1600s, during the rise of the Ottoman empire. Her father's position as a tax collector kept her family in a privileged life. And beyond that, nothing.

There was absolutely nothing special about her life. She wasn't exceptionally beautiful, nor was she highly gifted in any of the arts. She was, quite simply, an ordinary girl who stumbled into something extraordinary when her family took a trip. They traveled to Britain for her father's job promotion, and during this trip, they went to a passing faire. This particular one was well known for its animal trainer, a man that people claimed could speak directly to the animals and get them to do anything.

His show was just as they were told it would be: phenomenal. The man had tigers and lions leaping through rings and elephants balancing on top of one another on lamp post sized poles. He rarely spoke, and when he did, it was to tell his animals good work before moving onto the next trick. But while her family was enthralled by the performance, the girl herself was enchanted by the man commanding them. There was something about him, a pull that dragged her in.

After the show, she became sepearted from her parents and younger siblings in the small market. In her attempts to find them, she came across a small both selling a very special necklace.

But that's all ancient history.

The fact that this girl later married the animal tamer, who turned out to be an extremely powerful Shifter, is not important. Nor is the story of how the two began to travel, and how they adopted a young witch from Siberia. How they met all of their friends and helped establish a Hierarchy for their people is not currently important.

This woman collected the most powerful of witches and placed them at the head if the largest covens to help guide them and keep them in line. She established a small castle in France in the early 1700s and kept council there alongside her husband. She was a powerful, wise woman who changed the lives of her people for the better. With her help, the witches flourished and grew. They were able to save young girls from being burned alive, they were able to keep small towns hidden for entire covens to live in solely due to her brilliance and leadership.

And she is not the woman this story is about, even though she is.

Because after her death, she became a hundred different people, until she finally became the young woman she is today. And although she is the same, she is not. That doesn't mean she will stay this way for long, though.

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Thu May 03, 2018 3:42 am

Stitches wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:31 am

"I feel it all the time
Felt it all around you
You had me under spell right from the start."

Name and Titles: Shifter Regent, The Diamond Warlock, Azreal

Age: 591 {Remember, remember, the 5th of November... long before Guy Fawkes tried to blow people up.}

Personality: Sullen, witty, and intimidating. Azreal's prescence brings with it an air of seriousness and silence that fills entire buildings. At his core, he is a very fierce person, but he wields an iron fist over his fiery temper. He exudes knowledge and experience, so much so that many fall quiet when he approaches. When he speaks, it's with a great intensity, however soft it may sound. He is torn, in his soul, everytime that Aradia is taken from him again. It's caused nearly irreparable damage.

Buried beneath all of this is the part of him that returns everytime Ara does. Compassion and contentness begin to show again. He steps out of the dark overcast that clings to him long enough to smile again. Devotion and loyalty are two of his primary traits, both of which are the culprits to the change in him.

Due to Ara's return, he's become more extroverted, engaging with people again of his own will. Although he's still surly and dark, there's a noticeable lightness around him again. And although no one has come right out and said it, the council suspects that he has found her. It's only a matter of time until he tells them.

Powers: Shifter's magic is distinctly different from a Witch's, in that it is more diverse. The very first thing that a Warlock does when he joins the Shifter sect is pick an animal companion. He bonds with it, and is gifted traits from it as well as the ability to speak to animals. They can see through each other's eyes, and have a telepathic bond that grows the older they get.

In Az's case, his Fenrik gave him the keen hearing, stealth and agility of a lizard. He can hear conversations from two doors down, is rarely caught when tracking people down, and is far faster than average. Some of his fellow Shifters tell tales of a speeding streak of red that catches you off guard as he breezes past them. "And damn that bastard, he's never even winded."

Fenrik and Az have been together for nearly their entire lives. Az was only seven when they met. Therefore, their telepathic bond is beyond anything that had existed before. While some Shifters are careless and go through multiple companions, Ax has been careful. Other than Ara, Fenrik is all he has left. The albino bearded dragon has learned a great deal of human language from Az. He can't do something so silly as talk or write, but he can understand conversations.

In addition to the animal companion, Shifters train in what they call "natural magics"; aka, the ability to manipulate elements. Azrael is particularly skilled in fire and air based spells, and not so much at water or earth.

Flame Manipulation- Fire manipulation allows Az the ability to direct flames. He can do so in any degree, from causing the flames to burn faster, to forcing them to spiral through the air.

Heat Generation- Heat generation does exactly as it says: It allows the user to raise the temperature of the air around them to a desired temperature.

Flash Bomb- If something ignites anywhere in Az's vicinity, he can cause the newborn flame to spark to a full flame size in less than a second. This also causes a drop in breathable air nearby for just as long.

Detonator- Detonator is a form of concussive fire ball explosion. This is created by packing extra flames and energy into a small, compact ball, and throwing it at a target. Upon collision, the ball explodes outward, releasing the energy trapped inside. Sometimes causes hearing damage.

Flame Generation- Another self explanatory title, flame generation allows Az to spark flames from nothing.

Wind Manipulation- Allows him to telepathically direct the air current in a manner of his choosing. He can create soft breezes or torando force winds.

Cacoon- creates a cushioning of wind around an object to protect it from impact during a collision.

Deflector- uses a short, sharp blast of air to deflect any physical attack or spell. Though rare, it can cause a backlash of the attack to his aggressor.

Flight- Err, well, it's close enough. By bending the way the air currents move into a spiral around a person, he can make them hover and soar through the air. It only lasts as long as his concentration does.

Fire Devil- A combination of both his Wind Manipulation and his Flame Generation. With them, he can create a spiraling tower of flaming death. It takes a lot out of him, and he can't do it more than once a day, maximum. It last for about 10 minutes, setting fire to anything that it sucks up, before fading out.

Metamorphosis - By calling on his connection to the Earth through Fenrick, Az can take on a the form of a large, mythical creature.

"You're my world, you know. Without you, I don't exist anymore. That's why you can't die."

When he started out, he started with nothing. No family, no history, and no name. He was seven years old, with no recollection of anything before waking up in the field. Standing above him was a fox, it's nose tapping his forehead, as though trying to rouse him. A soft sound in his head, steadily growing louder. He pushed himself to his knees, and the fox curled at his side.

"Up."

With no past experiences, Az thought nothing of the fact that a tiny fox was speaking to him. It's head pushed at his side again, and he stood to his feet. No shoes, dirty clothes, a strange ring, and ragged hair. And so, with prompting from the fox, he walked. He walked until he reached the nearest town, a small village in Lithuania. Whike the people were kind, he didn't feel right staying long. At the advice of the fix, newly named Fenrik, he joined a traveling faire.

The owners quickly discovered the boy had a way with animals, and apprenticed him to the animal trainer. It was during his stay there that a Warlock approached him the first time. He explained to the then teenaged Az what they were, and asked him to come join the sect. The boy was quick to decline. He was waiting for something, although he wasn't aware of what.

He spent nearly a century jumping between different circuses and faires, traveling across Europe and Asia. He never stayed long enough for them to realize he didn't really age, but long enough to keep his reputation up. He developed new acts, bonded with dozens of animals, and taught Fenrik languages in his spare time. Eventually, he joined a traveling faire in Britain with strong Witch ties.

It was there that his life really began.

During the entire performance, he could feel her eyes on him. He almost set one of the tigers on fire by accident watching her back. As soon as the show ended, he rushed out to find her, but she was gone already. An ache began to build in his chest as he ealked down the row of merchants. Her eyes had captivated him, and without them, he felt dizzy and struck.

A soft voice in the crowd caught his ear from a few stalls away. The way it cleared his head left him sure. He pushed his way though the crowd just as the lovely girl picked up a necklace. Something in her gaze had changed as she had looked at it. And then, as if she felt his presence, she looked up at him.

Three feet away.

Her eyes were green, and he was lost in them forever more.

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Re: [CS]Daughter of Diana

Post by Stitches » Thu May 03, 2018 9:26 pm

Nyx wrote:Name and Titles: African Chieftain, The Amethyst Warlock, Amethyst Coven Chief Nikolav Dubrinsky

Age: Nikolav was born July 13th, 1866, putting him at over 151 years old.

Personality: Nikolav Dubrinsky is the most charismatic person you’re ever likely to meet. He has a charm that’s disarming, and an aura of sincerity around him, that when paired with his dimpled smile, is easily the most likeable person in the room. Niko is very much the archetypical Illusionist in many ways, having the ability to be part of something, but detached utterly from the whole of it. For example, Illusionists generally don't follow mainstream religions, likening the teachings to the illusions that they cast. It isn't uncommon to find an Illusionist who worships a magic, moon, or illusion god, however, they prefer to pursue their faith detached from others of their belief.

Nikolav usually keeps to himself, going about his business as he pleases. He avoids others when he can, assuming a fabricated facade when not being forced into social interactions with The Coven. If threatened, he takes care of his opponents as quickly and simply as possible, so as to veil his true powers.

A Conjuror’s intelligence is a staple in many ways, and the very few that know Nikolav, or know of him, hold him in high regard in that department. But in a lot of ways Niko varies wildly from the norm. His demeanor is surprisingly sunny, often seen with a smile, or little grin. He makes jokes (in bad taste sometimes, admittedly) and has a laugh that will make you smile subconsciously. But that’s not to say he doesn’t have a dark streak, nor an ego a mile long.

Powers: Conjurers are, in layman's terms, magical Illusionists who specialize in the art of trickery and deception, using their target's senses as mediums with which to display their abilites. They can disable and confuse the senses, inspire action through fabricated thoughts, and even create apparitions which walk about the world. They are mysterious figures, shrouded by lies and deceit, divorced from the rest of the world. To befriend an Illusionist is a task even harder than vilifying them, but succeeding at it is a gift one will cherish for the rest of their life short, short lives. Nikolav’s ability to intuitively read people on an emotional level and mental level are bar none, and charisma and intelligence tie deeply into his very arcane type of magic.
A more technical list of Nikolav’s powers:

Illusion Manipulation: Niko can create, shape and manipulate illusions, causing targets to see, hear, touch, smell and/or taste things which do not actually exist or cause them to perceive things differently from what they truly are. Some Conjurers, like Niko, can create complex and detailed worlds, others may be able to only alter the way they or the target are perceived.

Glamour: Can alter his appearance by the use of illusions, appearing as anything he wants, simulating Shapeshifting/Biomorphing.

Illusionary Environment: The power to change the appearance of one's environment via illusions. Sub-power to Illusion Manipulation. He can cast area-effect illusions that alters the appearance of their environment, either to hide things from view or add them.

Compulsion: The ability to control others via illusions. Sub-power to Illusion Manipulation. The user can manipulate others by feeding them intricate illusive images, emotions, or thoughts.

False Pain/ Torment Inducement: The ability to create a false feeling of pain and torment on others. Sub-power of Illusion Manipulation and Pain Manipulation. Pain illusion is the ability to trick an individual's mind into thinking they are in physical pain. Though it has no physical effect on the body, the pain is quite effective to put a target down no matter the size. Torment Inducement targets a person with illusions of the past and presence, and can differ in intensity, on a single person or a population, and is highly inconsistent and really only good for torturing someone over time.

Phobia Manifestation: The ability to call forth an illusion of an individual’s worst fear.

Sensory Inducement: Sub-power of Illusion Manipulation and Sense Manipulation, Niko can induce sensory effects, causing short-term change in how the target senses the world or adding something that doesn't really exist. The exact length of the effect depends on both the user’s skill and power and the targets mental state. This power can be used for momentary distraction or, by overcharging a single sense to the point of sensory deprivation.

Mirage: A version of Illusion (a mix of Summoning or limited Reality Warping and Illusion) in which Niko can generate illusions which last, and are entirely real, as long as the targets do not know that they are illusions. One with this ability could cause any type of illusion they desire, but the second that someone calls out “It’s not real!”, shakes subjects out of their deluded state or the subjects see the illusionist working his power, then the illusions will wear off, entirely (or until the user can go unnoticed to use his ability again).

Over the years Niko has developed a way to solidify some of his illusions, mostly in the form of clones and animals with a mix of summoning and reality warping, but the illusions have no personality or life at all, and can only follow simple commands from Niko.

Self-Perception: He can change the way he perceives reality, allowing him to experience anything he wants independently from the context. He may even create alternate realities within his mind and use this perceptive manipulation to enhance his real life, soothing the bad experiences and magnifying the good ones.

He has the power to perceive and manipulate a person’s emotional state, albeit subtly, a soft nudge to lead them along. The most important aspect of emotional manipulation is the context of the situation. If a person is aware of the foreign emotional nudge, the effect will not take hold, however with subtle use, an emotional tug in the right context can achieve effective results.

Niko is also proficient in two very niche types of mental magic:
Occlumency: which is the practice of magically closing one's mind against outsiders, and requires a great deal of mental and emotional discipline to effectively render your mind a blank slate. It’s also possible to use the same practice to effectively dissuade psychics from touching your mind by ‘screaming’, causing so much mental static, thoughts, and emotions, that it would give them quite possibly the worst migraine they’ve ever experienced.
Paramnesia: a sub-power of Mnemokinesis, to distort or erase the memories of yourself or others, so that one can believe fantasies or lies without giving off cerebral implications of deception.
(Mnemokinesis: the ability to control memories of oneself and others, allowing them to modify, fabricate, suppress, influence, repair, restore, erase, detect, and view them. They can change memories to confuse, wipe away certain memories to cause amnesia, discern and provoke nostalgia, and enter the victim into a psychic vision, replaying their memory.)

Limitations: Some Conjurers are limited to creating illusions that affect only certain senses, sight being the most common as a result people with enhanced senses might be able to see through it. Conjurers may be unable to create accurate illusions, such as making things that don't exist or situations that would never happen in a million years. One common mistake is misplacing a feature on a person, or forgetting to add shadows to their forms. Illusions are fragile in many ways, if aware of them, and extremely dangerous if not. However Mental Magic is far more dangerous, and cannot be easily broken, and can very easily leave the individual brain dead if mishandled.
Imbedded at the head is a large amethyst crystal, with ancient runes covering its length. While normally a staff in size, it can be shifted down to the length of a scepter at the will of its holder.

Biography:
“You are correct. The things I make are indeed fake. The smells, sounds, and even tastes are merely hallucinations. But the fear? The pain? The torment? I'm afraid they are very, very real.”

Excerpt from an old, tattered journal:

Even from a young age I knew my father was an evil man capable of monstrous things. I remember when our ship first arrived along the coast of Africa, from a distance as far as the eye could see, wild and untamed land. I remember the sense of adventure that swelled in my chest, though recalling now, even then I knew with a certainty. We were here for wealth, not pleasure, nor adventure. We had a fine home across the ocean, my father being a merchant, we never wanted for anything. But greed, one of many sins to be committed in the years to come, had wormed it's way into my father, and so setting off with us in tow, my mother, sister, and me we found our way here, to a most beautiful and dangerous place.

I should recall now that I was adopted at an age young enough that I do not recall my real parents. Whether my father was incapable of bearing a male heir, or my mother was incapable of giving him one, years after my sister Lillian was born, my parents did the Christian thing and adopted a poor orphan child, and that child became Nikolav Dubrinsky Auclair. Like all good Christians in those days, my father was a seller of flesh and despair, a slave of the most highest calling, a [words here appear unintelligible due to age]

and then Africa changed the man, and to the detriment of all others. A sort of rage seemed to consume him, and he lashed out at the slaves, often killing them for no other reason that he could, or some imagined slight. There were whispers of headmasters raping young women in front of their mothers, and a long list of other crimes, though in those days treating a slave unjustly wasn't a crime unto the law, merely a crime against what many would consider lesser humanity.

[Many words here appear faded with time, smudged and unreadable]

… until the Witch came and took everything.

Appearance:
"I'm so disappointed in you." - Annasiel, 2017

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs