[CS] The Srelt Archipelago

TheDarkOne

Re: [CS] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by TheDarkOne » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:12 am

Afraid I'll have to back out. I simply don't have the time to keep up with posts and I wouldn't want to get involved and tie up anyone's characters.

Best of luck.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:43 am

Alright, no worries! Best of luck to you, too.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:05 am

Well, have fun with whatever you'll do next.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:27 am

Name: She prefers to be called Cassandra.

Age: You expect me to remember my age when centuries flies by in a single nap? Well if you must know I'm from the second age.

Race: Phoenix.
The phoenixes are an ancient kind. Their days count to the beginning of the second age back when the world were still a chaotic mess filled with dragon and giants, among other extinct races. They too were created by the primal earth but with a special ability. They needn't rely on superior power or knowledge to survive in this world, they have a means of immortality that even Dragons envy, rebirth. Once the body of a phoenix dies it turns to ashes and revives once again, new phoenixes that aren't used to revival is reborn as babies, but the more a phoenix revives, the easier it is to take an older looking shape. The oldest phoenixes can look to be whatever age they want.

The phoenix people were created with a purpose, to store and give knowledge of the world. A single phoenix will know more of the world than any empires wisest men and women combined, and that is without breaking a sweat.

There are a few known ways to kill of a phoenix permanently, where the most known is to absorb the energy within their hearts, which must be done quickly after the phoenix dies as the heart will turn to ash otherwise. Or preferably before it dies. It's a complicated matter though and required a great deal of planning which can be difficult given a phoenix' fleeting nature and great knowledge.

The currently youngest known phoenix is estimated by the elven kingdom(the last to have seen it) to be from the middle of the 3rd era, more than 2 million years ago.

As the now a-days common races began emerging phoenixes, much like dragons, learned to manipulate their primal energies to be able to change form. They normally only have two forms, their phoenix form or the form of either race of their choice.

Their true form is a massive bird like creature with a wingspan of often, but not always, more than 20 meters. The bird seems to be covered in burning feathers. When it stands on the ground it reaches more than 10 meters into the air.

A phoenix' normal life span before they die of old age is 10,000. They can however isolate themselves for many a lifetime with no problems at all.

Height: Cassandra stands at about 1,60 meters. (Should be roughly the same size as Pandora.)

Appearance: When she takes the form of one of the races she uses an elven form.
The form is that of a woman with some curves, as Cassandra found it to be easier to be attractive and live in the world of mortals. Her features are very feminine and her eyes a soft golden color. Her blonde hair reaches the back of her neck, but is usually tied up one way or another.

Personality: Cassandra is easily bored as she already knows much of the world. She is however attracted to people with interesting stories and have lived abnormal lives. It wouldn't be too unusual to see her studying books as she looks for new or forgotten knowledge, and then groan in frustration as she finds nothing of interest.

Bio: Cassandra was born at the end of the second era. Her parents were created as some of the first phoenixes and thus her line can be traced back to the beginning of her kind. She has seen and learned many a thing doing her lifetime. She has talked with many a dragon, and even some giants. She has seen the rise and fall of amazing races that predates everything mortals knows no a-days. However these last for millennia has been a bore for her and thus she began isolating herself some thousand years ago. However as her body is dying of old age she has decided to try and find somewhere she doesn't known too well, and as such found Srelt to crash land on and try and see what new things are going on.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:34 am

Accepted!
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:34 pm

Name: Tarkin Kactis

Race: Avian
Avians are tall creatures with hard plates over their bodies. They have animal-like legs and three fingered hands, with large fringes. Aside from being much taller than humans, they are surprisingly similar to humanity. They hail from the far western lands, where they live in a military centered monarchy. All members of society are conscripted into the military as teenagers and serve until adulthood. All Avians hold honor above all else, and dishonesty is not in their nature.
Mature at twenty, average lifespan 120.

Height: 7' 3"

Appearance:

Personality: Tarkin is a true believer in justice, always seeking to right wrongs. He doesn't understand or care for restraint in these matters; if he sees an injustice, he will step forward to fight it no matter the context or situation, and without mercy. In his down time, he enjoys writing as a hobby. Time spent as a mercenary has given Tarkin a mischievous streak.

Bio: Born into the Avian Empire, Tarkin was the son of a disgraced military battlemage. His father had left long before his birth, and his mother's dishonor meant she was unable to take care of Tarkin. She left her son with her parents and disappeared.
Tarkin grew up in the Avian Capital, living a fairly uneventful life as a citizen of the Empire. He developed an interest in storytelling when he met a human bard who was visiting the capital for sightseeing. The bard told the young Avian many human legends and folk tales before leaving to return to his homeland. At the age of ten he realized the spark of magic in his blood, and began to manifest magical power.
Tarkin was taken by the government and taught to wield his magic for the military. At the age of sixteen, he was placed into the Sword Sages, a special division dedicated to wielding telekinetic magic in conjunction with blades designed to channel their spells. He served for ten years, until he was sent on a solo mission to apprehend a rough Avian mage who had acquired a very powerful and very dangerous magical artifact.
Tarkin found the mage, who refused to come along and fought back. She fought bravely, but she fell to Tarkin's blade and magic. With her dying breath, the mage begged Tarkin to deliver a letter to her son. When he asked for her son's name she told him "Tarkin Kactis". She died in his arms, never having realized that her son was the man who had struck her down. No magical artefacts were on her person.
Betrayed and wracked with guilt, Tarkin fled for the human kingdom. There he scratched out a living as a mercenary until he heard of the Srelt Archipelago. Hoping to start a new life, he booked passage to the island.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Eeeeeyyyyy that's a nice picture. I see we have another fan of the amazing Mass Effect series here with that Turian :D

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:13 pm

It was a Mass Effect RP that introduced me to KitKat, which gave me confidence in this RP

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:15 pm

I was Dranta so I'm well aware you two rp'ed together.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:18 pm

I realized the moment I posted.