[CS] Masked

Post by Stitches » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:57 am

Annasiel wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:24 am
Alyssa (Alice) Johnson
Aka, "Witch"

Abilities:

Telepathy.
The ability to project one's thoughts into the mind of another, and read their own thoughts in return. Witch's form of telepathy is limited compared to more proficient psychics, with more utility as a method of communication among comrades than as a weapon or tool for spying. She is able to speak into the mind of anyone she personally knows. The more intimate her relationship with this individual, the clearer the link, and the more distance the link is able to traverse. For the reverse, the same is true, intimacy playing a key component in the ease of hearing returned thoughts. She is only able to easily glean thoughts when they are directed at her.

Empathokinesis.
The physical manipulation of matter, driven by affect. Through harnessing her emotions, Witch is able to alter the world around her, similar to how telekinesis works through thought. She is able to levitate targets, bind them together, blast them away with an unseen force, or teleport them short distances. Because of the volatile nature emotion-based manipulation presents, intense shifts in mood might bring about unintended consequences, though years spent working with her powers have given her a strong grip on her temperament.

Weapon:

A five-pointed shaken blade, small enough to conceal in the palm of her hand. She generally uses it in non-lethal ways.

Appearance:

Born of Native American descent, Witch is a thin, willowy woman of 5'9, with russet skin and a slender, pointed face. Her eyes are a deep walnut brown. They usually carry a reassuring warmth, and crinkle at the corners when she smiles. Thick, dark hair frames her face in straight cascades, coarse to the touch and bright with a supple sheen. Her features in concord carry an air of tranquil contentedness at most times.

Personality:

Some might call her too soft to be a hero. She is soft, in a way, though she won't hesitate to tell those critics to shut up. Truth be told, the violence of her occupation do take a toll on the compassionate Witch, but it is the path she chose to take and she bares that mantle with a quiet pride. Aside from her solicitous temperament, she possesses a remarkable hold on her emotional state, a hallmark of the power she wields. This facade of calm takes much to crack, but when it does, it can take a long time for her to regain tranquil composure. She also has a sharp wit, quick to throw out remarks and comebacks often tossed in playful jest.

Back Story:

Justice Affiliate Records

Transcript of recruitment for Alyssa Johnson, codenamed Witch. Unauthorized possession of this document is considered a breach of Justice Faction protocol, and will be reported.

This interview for recruitment was conducted by Joaquin Del Niro, a registered Interviewer with the Justice Faction Personnel Department.

J: Alyssa Johnson, twenty-one. Chosen codename of Witch.

A: That's me.

J: So, Miss... Alyssa.

A: Please, call me Alice.

J: Alice, then. I received your application and the records of your preliminary tests, and if I can say, I'm very impressed. We're all very impressed.

A: Thank you.

J: This interview is a bit of a meet and greet. A getting to know you, so to say. Information necessary for further screening, background checks, and general profiling. I hope you understand.

A: I do.

J: Then let us begin. Tell me, when did your abilities first manifest?

A: I was... ten, I think. I had been playing on a balcony with some friends. Singing, dancing, roughhousing; normal kid things. My best friend backed too close to the edge, and before anyone could react, she lost her footing and went over. The next thing I knew, she was laying on the concrete in front of me, panting and sobbing.

J: And she was completely unharmed?

A: Yes. She said it was like a shadow swallowed her out of the air and spat her back out on the balcony.

J: I see. And was there anything else of note about the experience?

A: Well... I screamed. I thought I was just screaming from my mouth when it happened. Afterwards, I learned everyone on the block had heard it.

J: I see. And where did you go, following that?

A: My parents took me out of school, and we went to New York. There was a teacher who lived there, someone my mother knew back when she was a hero. I didn't want to go, at first, and it was hard to leave my friends behind, but my parents convinced me it was for the best. After the balcony incident, my powers started popping out more and more. Whenever I was angry, or sad, or scared, things would happen around me. Stuff would break. It didn't help that random thoughts kept popping out of my head, and I started having trouble telling when I was talking out loud or not.

J: This instructor was...

A: Cain Dramomere, and I think he went by Psion when he was a hero. He was a telepath.

J: How long did you study under this Mr. Dramomere?

A: Eleven years.

J: That is quite a long time.

A: I didn't only have to control my powers, I had to control my emotions. If I just learned my abilities, I would still lose control every time I got a temper. Under Cain, I was practiced keeping my calm, no matter what situation I was in. Believe me, he tested me. A lot. There was an entire week where he kept me awake, playing all these horrible songs on repeat, spritzing me with water whenever I looked drowsy... it was grueling. I made a mess of his place on more than one occasion. But I learned to maintain my composure, and from that, I finally had a handle on my outbursts.

J: And then?

A: I saw a news report about this girl who could control fire, in Chicago. I don't know why, exactly, but I felt drawn to her. I left within the month, and we connected as soon as we met.

J: This other young lady, she is the one you mentioned earlier, the one applying alongside you?

A: Sally. Yes.

J: Alright. This concludes our interview. There is still a bit more paperwork in need of processing, but as of right now, you are officially a member of the Justice Faction network. Welcome aboard, Witch.

A: My pleasure. I'm looking forward to it.

You've been bitten by a true believer
You've been bitten by
someone who's hungrier than you
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Re: [CS] Masked

Post by Stitches » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:58 am

Stitches wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:26 am
Sally Phoenix
Aka, "Pyro"

Abilities: She can manipulate heat in any form. She can use this ability in a number of interesting ways, including, but not limited to, creating hot air currents to fly on, warming up another person's body, and manipulating fire. She has a heightened metabolism, which causes her to eat double what a normal person needs to survive. And although she gained these through training, and not through birth, she is also physically stronger than most women her size, and much faster. She sleeps half the time a normal person would, and heals at a slightly faster pace, both due to the chemicals that cause her heat manipulation and generation.

Appearance: Long, tangled red curls, and bright green eyes. Fair skinned, with freckled cheeks. Not too tall, but very thin.

Her super outfit consists of a black and red, long sleeved catsuit, black boots, and a red half mask.

Personality: Sally has a serious personality, and usually comes off in a very severe manner when acting as Pyro. During her daily life, she is aloof and distant with those sound her, despite the crushing loneliness that rules her. She's generally very polite and sweet, regardless of the distance she places between herself and others.

Back Story: Sally was born with her powers, unlike some of her fellow supers. It's unknown where in her family they had come from, but they were there. Her parents began very early on her training. When she was young, it was mostly for control, but as she got older, she expressed her wishes to her parents. She wanted to be a super.

Thanks to her heightened metabolism and minimal need for sleep, she was able to spend much of her high school life building a reputation for herself as a super during the night. During her senior year, another super moved into town; Witch. The new super was roughly the same age, and was gifted with telekinesis. The two formed a tenuous partnership to team up against a sudden influx of mob activity in Chicago. Their partnership became official upon the end of the mission, and the two became famous throughout the states once they became full time heroes.

Recently, a group of darker supers has infiltrated their home. Witch, while investigating, went missing. Upon an attempt to find her missing partner, Pyro was jumped by a rather powerful elemental super, and retreated to call for backup, as is the super protocol

"I'm so disappointed in you." - Annasiel, 2017

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:58 am

UmbraSight wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:19 pm
Yume Furostomi
AKA Ice Princess

Abilities:
Yume’s powers encompass the ability to manipulate the structure of ice. She can create and shape it to what she needs and desires with nothing more than a movement of her hand and a thought in her head. Her ice remains frozen so long as she needs it to be so, and is more durable than the stuff one finds in their freezer.

When in moments of danger, Yume can whip up a violent blizzard of snow and shards of jagged ice to carve into any threat which draws near her. The onslaughts are sudden and violent, often lasting for only seconds before Yume grows too exhausted to continue, but for those trapped within, often a few seconds are all that is needed.

Weapon:
Although she can bend ice into any shape, and could make any weapon that strikes her fancy, Yume favors a bow constructed of her ice for armed combat. A bow and arrow is what she is good with, and if you are going to be fighting evil, might as well use what you know.

Appearance:

Personality:
They don't call Yume the Ice Princess for nothing. If you only ever knew her in passing, you would think Yume to be cold as ice. She gives off the feeling of someone who is always cool and composed. Well, that is only if you don't know her well. It isn't really that Yume doesn't feel any emotions, it is simply that Yume is terrible at being able to express her emotions. If you are one of the lucky few who get to know her, you would soon learn that Yume is a girl who loves cute things, and like any her age suffers bouts of self doubt about the path she wishes to lead in this life.

Her small apartment is packed full of stuffed animals, and other adorable odds and ends, from characters of a beloved show, to a cute animal that struck her fancy.

Backstory:
Yume was born the eldest child of the Furostomi family and was thus the heir to the Furostomi Electronics company, the world’s largest and most well respected producer of top-of-the line electronics, gadgets, and machines. Due to this, Yume grew up with her father’s expectations for greatness planted firmly on her shoulders. She attended the finest schools, received the best tutors, and when she took up archery to help with stress, then too she received the best craftsmanship money could find. For a time, life had a rhythm to it, it wasn't easy by any means but she found purpose in it.

Until the day things shifted.

When she was twelve, one day Yume woke up to a room full of snow. Fresh, beautiful, unmelted. Her maid was surprised, her parents concerned, her siblings ecstatic, and Yume simply felt an odd contentment.

Her father hired heroes to help teach her how to harness her power. In return for their time spent, the Furostomi Company sponsored those heroes. Not a bad deal for all involved, Yume received training, the company gained good will, and the hero got funding. So, a fascination with heroes began to grow within Yume. She found herself beginning to think, she had powers too, did she not? Would it be ok for her to live her life safe with her ivory tower while the wicked committed ill deeds she had the power to stop?

So, she made a choice. As dangerous as it might be, she would play her part.

When she turned seventeen, Yume was given a section of the company to manage. So, she set a division aside for the development and aid of heroes, along with a promise that 10% of all proceeds would be used to fund this division. A useful marketing tool, and with a promise to her father and mother that she wouldn't place herself in too much danger, she became an official hero.

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:59 am

Stitches wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:14 pm
Lucas Downey

“Sulfer”

Abilities: Sulfer secretes a pheromone from his pores that does several things, depending on his intentions. As a default, it releases a chemical he refers to as “Brainwash”, which will affect the judgment portion of the brain. Its used to influence those around him to follow his order. Part of this chemical compound includes a heightened level of serotonin in his presence, causing most people that he spends time around longterm to crave his presence. Its nearly undetectable, as it is scentless, colourless, and has minimal density when compared to the chemical comp of air.

Its second form, “Gas Chamber”, produces a toxin that paralyzes upon contact. It does more than muscle paralysis, however, as exposure of more than a minute causes internal organs to slow and stop as well. He's given a room of this chemical to his chemist, HazMat, to use in his synthetics. This gas is recognized by its deep green transparency, and its minty fresh smell.

The final usage of his power is unknown, however there are many theories. Some of his men say it can cause you pain like nothing you will ever experience in your life. Some of the heros claim he's used it to gas them and knock them out in battle. Other villains claim that it can kill an entire room of supers, regardless of immunity. But there are no confirmed or reliable reports, and only Sulfer’s word that he has a third stage.

Appearance: A tall and rather attractive young man, with sharp features and a fox like smile. His thick dark blonde locks fall in little darts around his eyebrows and jawline, silky smooth and shining. A pair of swirling, kaleidoscope eyes mark him for who he is, making him easily recognized. He loves to play up the villain aspect, running through a gauntlet of outfits, from spandex suits to big cloaks and staffs, to urban delinquent. Really, he ought to just star in a video game dress up series at this point.

Personality:

Backstory:

"I'm so disappointed in you." - Annasiel, 2017

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Someguy500 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:19 am
Name: Walter Sosa

Alias: Mercurial

Powers: This vigilante can create orbs that respond to his imagination and emotions. For example, he could push an excited thought through the filter of his power to create a sphere of lightning, or channel caustic hatred to create a ball of acid. It can be expanded if he lets his mind wander, though this comes at the cost of speed and intensity. Occasionally, orbs can leak into reality without his conscious effort.

From there, he can control it telepathically. The strength of an orb's effects is determined by the amount of attention he is giving it, and the number of orbs he can make is based on how many of these thoughts he can juggle; without his attention they slowly fall apart and dissipate, unless he intentionally dismisses them.

One oddity in his powers is mercury. While other orbs follow general expectations of what they do, his hero persona's namesake is quite different. He is able to increase sections of their density selectively, enabling him to grip things, albeit with little actual pressure.

Appearance: Physically, Walter does not stand out much. Brown, close-shaved hair. Light brown skin, though smooth like someone who doesn't get a lot of sun. He's clean-shaven, and his features are normal, if a tad sharp. Slightly shorter than average at 170 centimeters, typical build. His jacket, which he constantly wears while in plainwear, hides a bit of muscle, the sort one would gain from light exercise or dancing.

When he's out as Mercurial, his costume can be called anachronistic. First off, he dons a simple ballistic mask, brushed in two shades of metallic grey separated by a seam of rusty red, going down diagonally across his face. A shawl bearing the same greys and red accents goes over his head, reaching his waist in height. Underneath is a set of military fatigues including a bulletproof vest, all dyed in his signature colours. The costume is finished with a set of sturdy work gloves and boots.

Personality: At first glance, Walter is a poor personality for someone whose powers are linked to their emotions. A stoic, boring person, straight-faced as can be. Machine-like, even.

The truth is, he's actually very vibrant underneath his crust. Whether this is better or worse, however, is debatable. Walter's emotional makeup is heavily imbalanced, and there's no telling if he'll have an appropriate reaction to the situation at hand. Years of performing little actions and rituals to put himself in a certain headspace have him on an emotional hair trigger, rather than building an immunity.

Biography:
Age 14
At night. Sitting up in bed. Hospital bed. Head felt heavy, pounding. Like nails. Fever, doctor had said. What were the orders? Stay, rest. He tried to. Put on his tough face. Stay strong.

His thoughts, they swam, just out of reach. Was it the medicine? He could remember the pill, on the back of his throat. Got up, went to the window. Looking down at everyone. Cars drove by with their lights. All dumb. No, ignorant. Noone knew. About the spikes driving into his head, sharp, insistent.

He felt jealous. Wanted to scream. Fingers felt numb, shaking. Shout, let it all out. Don't care about the doctors, what his mother or father would say. He felt something wet around his hand. A globe of metal, his fingers sticking out of it. He clenched his fist, tried to pull away. The liquid only gripped back. He managed a growl. "Get off." It slipped off, like he wasn't even holding it.

His thoughts crystallized, he was thinking clearer. That was him, this. He had a power, like the superheroes on TV. What the hell would he do with it?

Before anyone could see, he tried to will the orb to "go away", "disappear". The pounding had started again, but it was different. More distant. It was bearable, now.

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Vladmirk wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:48 am
Kieran Finch
Alias: Zero

Abilities: Gravikinesis: Kieran has full control of his own personal gravity, allowing him to do things such as flight, wall running, levitation, etc. This ability also allows him to increase or decrease his own weight to alter the speed and strength of his body. Using his powers, he can switch between agility and strength in order to find the best fit for any given situation.

His powers are very limited on affecting others, however. Kieran can only slow down others by increasing their weight, but sacrificing whatever effects he has on himself. He can not immobilise others solely from his this however. He can only decrease or increase objects weights by half or twice as much if they are around 40 Kg or less, otherwise there is somewhat of a deep drop-off on this ability.

Weapon: Light-Weight Metal Gauntlets

Appearance:
9fc564b52d525005ac69a84c0762e177.jpg
Zero _ Kieran Finch.png

Personality: Kieran is mysterious. He doesn't like talking about himself, and prefers that others don't know his past. He doesn't trust anyone with this knowledge, but besides that, he is pretty easy to get along with. Polite and respectful, Kieran finds it hard not to get along with others. The biggest barrier to this are those who pry into his personal affairs that he keeps secret.

As far as his times as his alter ego, Kieran emotionally distances himself from those he fights, often resulting in his ruthlessness in battle. He will never kill or bring someone close to death, but they will suffer.

Back Story:
The reason for this side of him that he hides isn't some treacherous failing or a terrible past that he wants to keep hidden. No. He remains this secretive in order to protect his younger sister. His parents were heroes once. They messed up however. They had released their identities to the public when they were young, not realizing how big of a mistake that would become later on down the road. Being a hero can often mean pissing off the wrong people. This came back to haunt them when they tried to settle down, and live a peaceful life. Kieran and his sister, Emma, who was around 7 years younger were kidnapped by a man who was "wronged" by his parents. After awhile, his parents eventually found and attempted to save them. It didn't end well. The man only had issues with his parents, although the two kids did suffer. Their parents on the other hand were killed that day after their failed rescue. The organization their parents worked with then compensated the two kids, setting up a way for them to stay together and have their life remain as close to the same as before. A name change occurred when Kieran entered the hero business in order to distance himself from his sister to protect her.

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:04 am

Gecko wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:49 pm
Name:
Scarlett DeWitt.

Alias:
Morph.

Powers:
Scarlett can shapeshift her form, transforming and reshaping herself down to her genetic and cellular structure. She can impersonate others or enhance her own body for combat by turning into animals, other people, or monsters, so long as she has seen a visual representation of it. As of yet, Scarlett hasn't found anything impossible to transform into, though as an animal gets larger than a gorilla or smaller than a dog, the process becomes more painful. The only side effects that she has noticed so far are small things that take more time to change. For example, after turning into a cat and back into herself, her eyes may still look like a cat's for a few moments longer before reverting to their normal state.

Along with this, Scarlett can change her vocal cords to sound like specific creatures and people without having to actually transform into them. It essentially works by her shapeshifting and stopping before her looks change. It is a practice she is trying to perfect, but one she has nonetheless.

Scarlett has not found a time limit as to how long she can stay in a single form yet, but has discovered other disadvantages to her ability. Being unconscious/asleep will cause her to revert back to her original form. It also takes time to go back to her natural self, meaning she needs a secluded spot. Finally, Scarlett sometimes does not transform at will sometimes. Though it's uncommon, her powers will cause her to involuntarily morph into some random person, animal, or monster, even if she is not consciously thinking about said creature.

Appearance:
For someone that wants to conceal her identity and remain inconspicuous, Scarlett can clearly stand out in a crowd. Her short red curls and uniquely lean stature make her someone that attracts the attention of passersby when she would much rather not have it. She stands at a remarkable five feet - six inches and always has a lighthearted (sometimes interpreted as mischievous) look on her face accented by cool blue eyes.

Due to the fact that constant funding isn't exactly a luxury she can afford, Scarlett's uniform consists of little creative design and armor. She dons black motorcycle armor around her torso with red lining around the plates and black finger-less motorcycle gloves to accompany it. A knockoff replica of a B-3 sheepskin bomber jacket tops off the rest. Scarlett is using black running pants until she can find some proper padded pants to use for protection. Completing the outfit is a pair of black Converse that aren't the best for getting around, but they're all she has at the moment.

Personality:
Scarlett is commonly seen as a brave and righteous hero with an indomitable sense of justice and responsibility. There are times when her sense of responsibility can be almost overbearing. This combined with her strong moral compass in the face of adversity and sharp wit makes her a unique opponent to some and ally to others.

One of Scarlett's most prominent traits is her optimism and kindness. In and out of the suit, she is seen doing the smallest acts of kindness simply due to the way she was raised. This can range from something as menial as helping someone pick up their fallen groceries or putting herself in harm's way to get innocent civilians to safety. She also looks on the bright side of most situations, whether that means cracking a joke or spreading some positive words.

Behind this supportive facade, however, is a wounded soul that has gone through a considerable amount of suffering for a sixteen year old. While Morph is in combat, people do get hurt and sometimes even blame her for it, leaving her depressed for having failed in her responsibility. Death in particular is difficult for Scarlett to reconcile with, leading her to do normal teenage things and close herself off, becoming something short of a recluse.

Scarlett is also traditionally a loner, but not by choice. Due to her being a budding undiscovered hero, Scarlett hasn't found many other heroes willing to work with her. However, she eagerly and patiently awaits the arrival of the opportunity.

Morph is also a strong willed hero: whatever obstacles come her way and push her down, she always gets back up and fights five times as hard as before. Her indomitable will and don't-give up-attitude contribute to her tolerance of bigger transformations she may encounter. But despite being strong-willed and bubbly, Scarlett is rather naive, and is often her downfall in certain situations.

Biography:
Scarlett was born with a rare degenerative disease. Most (if not all) of her early life was moving into one hospital and staying through several painful procedures before transferring to what was supposed to be a better facility. The DeWitt parents were always exhausted from staying at the side of their sick little girl, but they managed to make the most out of the dire situation. Frail and not getting any better, Scarlett herself seemed to be losing hope more than her parents were despite being so young. Her red curls were completely gone and her skin was papery white and sickly from the chemotherapy. Not even her baby brother, Holden, could make her smile at some points.

It wasn't until she reached CLASSIFIED when progress was finally shown at all and hope flooded Scarlett's mind. The scientists there introduced an experiment that had only worked on one other person, a boy not much older than Scarlett. The scientists injected the patient with DNA from a mixture of animals to help overcome the mysterious disease in Scarlett's body. Eager to see their eldest daughter get better, the DeWitts agreed to submit her to the experiment. It worked far better than they ever hoped it would, and in a matter of months and some occasional visits after being released from the hospital, Scarlett seemed to be a normal child.

But the experiment worked far better than the DeWitts could have expected. Scarlett shared a room with Holden at home when he was a bit older. One night, a burglar broke into the home with a loud crash. Scared to death, Scarlett woke up immediately and rushed over to four year old Holden, holding him tightly in her arms. Holden let out a soft gasp and Scarlett found herself wrapped in his arms in the form of a tabby cat. With the older sister's fear of having to be admitted to the hospital yet again, she and Holden kept the experience a secret. It eventually began to entertain them, playing games and seeing what Scarlett could shapeshift into.

But the secret didn't stay between the duo for long. Several years after the discovery of Scarlett's powers, she came across the knowledge that she was not the only one out there with strange abilities. There were a bunch of other people with powers far more powerful than her own, doing things that she could only dream of doing. They were both heroes and villains, something that was straight out of one of the many comic books she would read during her time at the hospital getting treated. Something about the idea called to her strongly, and she began to work on becoming a hero. Scarlett gathered up all of the money she could, whether it was from birthdays, grandma, or random change on the ground, and began to buy items to make her costume.

Initially, it started off as a hoodie with a piece of cloth tied around her head. Scarlett would carefully assist civilians any way possible, whether it was by providing directions to the nearest bakery or pulling them out of danger. It took practice, but she started to settle in with the routine. She would stay out late into the night and risk a lack of sleep, but it became a passion that she didn't mind doing. Now Scarlett has some light armor to protect herself from things like falling and some light punches, should she find herself out of her animal form, and has been scouring the city for two years. People who have come in contact with her have dubbed her as "Morph", and it's a name she has grown to love.

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:10 am

Snowskeeper wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:27 am
Hazel Matthews
HazMat.

Abilities:
  • Immune to toxicity; capable of consuming both alkalines and acids. This still feels bad, but it's not lethal.
  • After consuming a chemical, their body analyzes and stores it; it may also begin producing some of the simpler ones in limited quantities.
  • Any chemicals stored like this can then be produced through glands located in various places across their body; most prominently, each of their fingertips has a small slit from which chemicals can be produced.
  • Has limited control over substances in their immediate vicinity:
  • It is far, far easier for them to control substances present in the environment in a simple state (water, ice, hydrochloric acid), and almost impossible for them to control chemicals that are currently part of a living entity, unless said chemicals were at some point stored within their own body.
  • Can induce or prevent reactions within chemicals produced by their body (IE can prevent chlorine and ammonia from producing chlorine gas).
  • Can change the temperature at which substances in their vicinity change states. As a general rule, though, the more complicated the substance the more difficult it is for them to control. The exception is water; the boiling and freezing point of water is incredibly easy for them to control.
  • They can change the boiling point within twenty degrees Celsius (so up to 120 degrees Celsius and down to 80 degrees Celsius) and the freezing point with 10 degrees Celsius.
  • Their breath is mildly toxic. It doesn't smell bad, exactly, but smelling it is a bad idea. This is why they wear a gas mask at all times, despite being immune to their various chemical mixtures. The gas isn't locked out there with you; it's locked in there with them.
    It'd take a very long time to kill anybody, but steadily increasing levels of nausea, followed eventually by unconsciousness, aren't really something most people enjoy.
Appearance:
Thick, palid, rubbery skin which always looks damp. Large, fluid lumps all over their body. Long, spindly, fingers with flexible ridges running along the top. Stooped and stretched.

Wears thick, brown clothing in several layers; the top layer at the very least looks sort of like sackcloth. Their head is totally obscured by a rough brown hood and a black gas-mask. The lenses of the gas-mask are a dark yellow, and are opaque from the outside. A series of tubes are attached to the back of the gasmask and end at a small sack on their back; this sack wheezes, periodically. Their hands are obscured by thick, brown gloves, but the fingertips have been cut away so that their finger slits have easy access to the outside world. Their left glove has two needles on the index and middle finger, which they can fill up with chemicals as needed. The needles are detachable, as they would frequently be inconvenient.

Personality:
They're very quiet. Part of this is because they're genuinely thoughtful and contemplative; part of it is that talking is sort of a chore. They tend to be sort of dismissive of others. They can judge an individual's capabilities fairly well, and won't react improperly to being told that they were unable to complete a task, but they don't like needing assistance, and find it difficult to care about the suffering of others unless it's right in front of them. They believe their work is very important, although they can't quite put their finger on why, or even what they're doing. They alternate between being fiercely proud of what their various mutations allow them to accomplish and being ashamed of them; neither of these emotions is fake.

Back Story:
Hazel Matthew’s problems began at the moment of their birth. Hazel’s skin seemed improperly rubbery and thick, and although they cried readily enough, the difficulty they had in doing so concerned the doctor almost as much as the missing genitalia. As the doctors examined the child further, they found more anomalies; things that didn’t make any sense and clearly didn’t do anything Little slits in their fingers, little empty sacks in their bodies, tubing to connect it all; a digestive system that made no logical sense. Their parents were uneasy--queasy, even--but they tried their best to love their strange child, for a time. The mutations were not, at first, dangerous.
Hazel had to be homeschooled, but they didn’t particularly mind. They learned very early that if they went out in public, they would be stared at or mocked, or else pitied, which was almost as bad. Their tutor wasn’t particularly good--the Matthews couldn’t afford anyone especially skilled--but after the first few weeks, she seemed to get used to them enough to stop staring quite so much. They found it difficult to sit still for stories, historical or fictional, and for a while struggled with reading and writing, but they latched onto mathematics like a drowning sailor to a piece of floating debris, and when they finally reached chemistry, it was if they’d finally learned how to breathe.

Despite their best efforts, Hazel’s parents had always come off as cold and distant. When Hazel finally hit puberty, and their mutations and powers began to manifest properly, that changed to outright-disgust. Their hair had always been sort of spotty; now, it fell out, and they never grew any body hair. Their body, which had been rubbery and cold but otherwise fairly normal to look at, at least, became lumpy and distended in ways that seemed awkward and inhuman. Their breath, which had been mildly sickening, now became actually toxic. They were supplied with a small, unobtrusive filter to keep them from being a danger to those around them. On their own, they discovered their immunity to toxins and their ability to recreate and recombine what chemicals they swallowed; they relished it almost as much as they feared it.

Their parents waited until they were 16 to kick them out of the house. They were instructed to go get a job, and to use that job to rent an apartment. Neither of them honestly believed that their child would be able to do either, looking and behaving like they did, but both of them pretended for the sake of the other. The tutor was told that Hazel had found somewhere else to live, and that her services were no longer required.

Hazel had been expecting this for some time, though. It had not been particularly difficult to see coming. In preparation, they stole things from the medicine cabinet and cleaning supply cupboard, and hid them away just inside the nearest entrance to the sewers, where nobody would find them unless they were looking for them. Using those, and other scavenged or stolen material, they fled into the dark. They survived mostly on rats, and on what other people threw away. At night, sometimes they would creep out to steal books and additional materials that had been left unattended. The filters their parents had given them eventually ran out, so they fashioned a crude gas mask for themself.

After a while, when they thought they knew enough, they began to take on a role as a sort of street doctor, performing basic surgeries and complicated chemical operations, as well as producing and selling drugs. This latter allowed them to outfit themself much better, and only made their interactions with the Surface, as they began to think of it, mildly more dangerous. They dreamed of some day emerging from the sewers and become a legitimate medical professional or chemist, but they could never think of a way to get from where they were to where they wanted to be.=

At this point, they likely joined up with Obsidian. It's been about eight years since they sank to the sewers. They find it difficult to care very much about the fate of the general public, so long as they don't have to witness it themself, and through the funds Obsidian provides them with, they hope to finally earn the opportunity to stop living off of rats, so to speak.

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:52 pm

Trinity wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:30 pm
Name: Sasha Arkyadvich

Abilities:

Mutant, Sasha possesses six arms of equal strength capable of moving independently of each other. In addition, she possesses enhanced, but not superhuman, strength. She is capable of benching up to 2,000 kilograms. In layman’s terms, she can lift and drag a car, but she cannot pick one up and throw it.

Training, Sasha lived most of her youth in the circus, and as an older teen joined up with the Russian military. Quickly, Sasha’s unique mutation was recognized and she was placed within Russian Spetsnaz. This gives her a wide breadth of knowledge in subterfuge, marksmanship, hand to hand training, and other fields in that regard. She is an exceptional sniper, and considered ‘adequate’ in all other required fields.

Appearance
Sasha, in addition to her six arms, possesses a few physical mutations better described as ‘deformities.’ The fingers on her lowest set of arms are fused together. Surgery has been successful at separating the index finger from the others, but the other three fingers have incomplete bone structure and could not be separated. Her middle set of arms also possessed this deformity, but surgery has been successful in separating all fingers on that pair of hands.

Her face is marred by a ‘forced smile’ that she received under torture in her past, and her lungs are scarred by mustard gas. This permanent damage to her lungs forces her to wear a powerful gas mask that filters out chemicals, bacteria, and all other foreign agents in order to keep Sasha as disease free as possible. She hates the mask, but realizes it is a necessity. As a result of the lung and esophagus scarring, Sasha’s voice is not only deeper than is normal, but it holds a certain mesmerizing quality when she speaks. Her last boyfriend described it as “The voice of a dark goddess come down to deliver wrath.”

Weapons: Sasha carries with her 2 combat knives and 2 FN Five-Seven pistols at all times. When on a job, she will carry anything she deems necessary, from an AK-12 to -her personal favorite- a Barrett .50(“Thermal scope, nothing else will do,” in her words.)

Biography:

Sasha was born a weird child to a weird family in Romania. Her father was ‘The Amazing Russian Beast!’ Even though he was Georgian, and her mother was ‘The French Beauty!’ Even though she was Canadian. Sasha became ‘The Six Armed Acrobat!’ And a crowd favorite from a very young age. It wasn’t every day that people saw a real life freak show. As a child, she didn’t have many friends, not even among the other circus kids. Six arms scared them and, frankly, it gave her a really unfair advantage in almost all games.

Life was acceptable for a while, until Sasha turned 16. Having grown tired of the circus life, she left her family to join the military. Shortly afterward her entire family was killed in a hostage situation. During a tour in Russia, 30 terrorists encircled the circus and presented a list of demands to the government or they would kill the hostages. The Russian government, who do not negotiate with terrorists, open fired on the circus tents and killed the terrorists. In the firefight, most of the circus personnel were killed as well, though the hundreds of visitors were able to escape harm.

Sasha seems to have taken the loss of her family in stride, as if it wasn’t even a notable life event.

She excelled in marksmanship and hand to hand combat in the military, being recruited by Spetsnaz within a few months. While she was told it was due to her high marksmanship scores, Sasha knew her mutation and strength was the real reason she was recruited. Shortly after completing training, she was taken to a lab an experimented on to see if her mutation could be replicated, it could not. Her blood type is considered a ‘toxic substance’ and ‘isn’t suitable for transfusion’ and ‘experimenting on humans with her dna is comparable to a war crime.’ Mumbo jumbo words that don’t mean anything.

At 18, though they believed her to be 20, Sasha was deployed as a sniper on the Georgian front to assist in quelling resistance and rebellions. She operated here for two years before being caught in a mustard gas explosion. Unable to escape the gases in time, she suffered permanent damage and was recalled from the front. After this, she received two years of additional training and was subsequently sent to infiltrate the Russian Mafia. There she has remained for the past six years. It is unknown if she is a deep cover agent still or has fully defected to the Mafia.

In recent times, she was ‘traded’ to the organization of ‘Obsidian’ for a year in exchange for vital information that the Mafia desired. The conversation of the trade was rumored to be something similar to what has been transcribed below-

Unknown Shadow: “I’ve requested the best killer you’ve got, and you send me a half rate mutant? Do you take me for a fool?”
Boris Baranov: “Niet, Sir, this is Sasha. Sasha is the best.”
Sasha: “Priviet.”
Unknown Shadow: “You, Sasha, ‘is the best?’l
Sasha: “Da, Sasha is the best.”
Unknown Shadow: “Oh really now? Prove it.”
Sasha: “Name a target, name how you want it done, and they will be dead.”
Unknown Shadow: “How about the president of fucking Morocco! And let’s say make it look like he choked to death from shoving too many marbles in his mouth!”
Sasha: “Two weeks, it will be done. Here is number, text me when you see it on news.”
Two weeks later
Channel 5 News: “The world is baffled today as the president of Morocco was found dead at his summer home in France. Reportedly he was found having choked to death as a result of shoving too many marbles down his own throat. Authorities find the circumstances mysterious but as of yet have not been able to find evidence that suggests this was anything but a terrible accident.”
Unknown Shadow: “Damn, Sasha is the best.”

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Auditor-

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15gW ... XTZMo/edit