[Request] Masked

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Annasiel
Administrator

Re: [Request] Masked

Post by Annasiel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:20 am

White Anglo Saxon Protestant, it's a Colonial Era term
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:20 am

Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:44 am

But in all fairness, I do need you define certain things for me. You say "Captain America", but I read "Superman"

You've been bitten by a true believer
You've been bitten by
someone who's hungrier than you
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:31 am

Captain America represents the pinnacle of human physical perfection. He can lift (press) a maximum of 800 pounds with supreme effort. (Meaning he struggles to do this.)

He has agility, strength, speed, endurance, and reaction time superior to any Olympic athlete who ever competed. The Super-Soldier formula that he has metabolized has enhanced all of his bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency. Notably, his body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles, granting him phenomenal endurance. (The idea for my character, Andrew/Plasmis, is that his plasma energy does basically the same thing for him. Hope that clears things up for you Stitches.)

Also, thanks Annasiel, I couldn't find anything about wasp except for the insect. So I was really lost.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:23 am

Mkay. I. Can I ask you to tone that down quite a bit? The idea is kind of either physical enhancements or other enhancements. Making him strong enough to flip a car and essentially fast enough to dodge everyone else in the rp is a little troublesome, do you get what I mean? Like, I think everyone else in here can literally be executed with a well placed baseball bat to the head man.

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:08 am

On another note, here, pseudoscience and lore forthcoming.

https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=4 ... 35#p258035

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:26 pm

This is why Yume is rich, any weakness can be surpassed by money.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Orophin

Post by Orophin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Andrew could be killed by a well placed basball bat to the head as well. He's nowhere near strong enough to flip a car. The lightest weight car is still over 1800 pounds, which means it's still over 1000 pounds more than he could lift if he struggled and used all his strength. Batman, Robin, Nightwing, and all the rest all have olympic level capabilities but they also have tech in their suit that allows them to push past those levels as well. All of their physical capabilities are at the same level at Captain Americas because of that fact. Andrew also has to take time training his body to be able to keep his abilities at the level I was saying. His powers only increase his energy allowing him to reach those levels but it still comes from his own physical training. I wasn't trying to say that he just automatically had those capabilities. After reading the area of your characters profile that said "She sleeps half the time a normal person would, and heals at a slightly faster pace, both due to the chemicals that cause her heat manipulation and generation." I didn't think his ability allowing him to reach those levels would be that big of a deal. Since, as i said above, he still has to train himself in order to reach and maintain them.

This isn't meant as an argument. I just wanted to explain my side in order to see what you thought afterwards. I hope that is ok.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Orophin

Post by Orophin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Also, seeing how you character "can manipulate heat in any form" then she could arguably render Andrew powerless. Since plasma is produce by a chemical reaction that requires heat to create it. At which point he'd basically be a regular human.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:57 pm

He's nowhere near strong enough to flip a car. The lightest weight car is still over 1800 pounds, which means it's still over 1000 pounds more than he could lift if he struggled and used all his strength.
Leverage.