[Request] Masked

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Stitches
Token Witch

Re: [Request] Masked

Post by Stitches » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:56 pm

Absolutely, go for it.

You've been bitten by a true believer
You've been bitten by
someone who's hungrier than you
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:01 pm

As of now, Yume, Alice, Walter and Hazel are approved.

Vlad, I remember my question, I was just going to ask for some elab on his family, but he's approved regardless. His powers are sweet. (Thumbs up, okay sign.)

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Name:
Scarlett DeWitt.

Alias:
Morph.

Powers:
Scarlett can shapeshift her form, transforming and reshaping herself down to her genetic and cellular structure. She can impersonate others or enhance her own body for combat by turning into animals, other people, or monsters, so long as she has seen a visual representation of it. As of yet, Scarlett hasn't found anything impossible to transform into, though as an animal gets larger than a gorilla or smaller than a dog, the process becomes more painful. The only side effects that she has noticed so far are small things that take more time to change. For example, after turning into a cat and back into herself, her eyes may still look like a cat's for a few moments longer before reverting to their normal state.

Along with this, Scarlett can change her vocal cords to sound like specific creatures and people without having to actually transform into them. It essentially works by her shapeshifting and stopping before her looks change. It is a practice she is trying to perfect, but one she has nonetheless.

Scarlett has not found a time limit as to how long she can stay in a single form yet, but has discovered other disadvantages to her ability. Being unconscious/asleep will cause her to revert back to her original form. It also takes time to go back to her natural self, meaning she needs a secluded spot. Finally, Scarlett sometimes does not transform at will sometimes. Though it's uncommon, her powers will cause her to involuntarily morph into some random person, animal, or monster, even if she is not consciously thinking about said creature.

Appearance:
For someone that wants to conceal her identity and remain inconspicuous, Scarlett can clearly stand out in a crowd. Her short red curls and uniquely lean stature make her someone that attracts the attention of passersby when she would much rather not have it. She stands at a remarkable five feet - six inches and always has a lighthearted (sometimes interpreted as mischievous) look on her face accented by cool blue eyes.

Due to the fact that constant funding isn't exactly a luxury she can afford, Scarlett's uniform consists of little creative design and armor. She dons black motorcycle armor around her torso with red lining around the plates and black finger-less motorcycle gloves to accompany it. A knockoff replica of a B-3 sheepskin bomber jacket tops off the rest. Scarlett is using black running pants until she can find some proper padded pants to use for protection. Completing the outfit is a pair of black Converse that aren't the best for getting around, but they're all she has at the moment.

Personality:
Scarlett is commonly seen as a brave and righteous hero with an indomitable sense of justice and responsibility. There are times when her sense of responsibility can be almost overbearing. This combined with her strong moral compass in the face of adversity and sharp wit makes her a unique opponent to some and ally to others.

One of Scarlett's most prominent traits is her optimism and kindness. In and out of the suit, she is seen doing the smallest acts of kindness simply due to the way she was raised. This can range from something as menial as helping someone pick up their fallen groceries or putting herself in harm's way to get innocent civilians to safety. She also looks on the bright side of most situations, whether that means cracking a joke or spreading some positive words.

Behind this supportive facade, however, is a wounded soul that has gone through a considerable amount of suffering for a sixteen year old. While Morph is in combat, people do get hurt and sometimes even blame her for it, leaving her depressed for having failed in her responsibility. Death in particular is difficult for Scarlett to reconcile with, leading her to do normal teenage things and close herself off, becoming something short of a recluse.

Scarlett is also traditionally a loner, but not by choice. Due to her being a budding undiscovered hero, Scarlett hasn't found many other heroes willing to work with her. However, she eagerly and patiently awaits the arrival of the opportunity.

Morph is also a strong willed hero: whatever obstacles come her way and push her down, she always gets back up and fights five times as hard as before. Her indomitable will and don't-give up-attitude contribute to her tolerance of bigger transformations she may encounter. But despite being strong-willed and bubbly, Scarlett is rather naive, and is often her downfall in certain situations.

Biography:
Scarlett was born with a rare degenerative disease. Most (if not all) of her early life was moving into one hospital and staying through several painful procedures before transferring to what was supposed to be a better facility. The DeWitt parents were always exhausted from staying at the side of their sick little girl, but they managed to make the most out of the dire situation. Frail and not getting any better, Scarlett herself seemed to be losing hope more than her parents were despite being so young. Her red curls were completely gone and her skin was papery white and sickly from the chemotherapy. Not even her baby brother, Holden, could make her smile at some points.

It wasn't until she reached CLASSIFIED when progress was finally shown at all and hope flooded Scarlett's mind. The scientists there introduced an experiment that had only worked on one other person, a boy not much older than Scarlett. The scientists injected the patient with DNA from a mixture of animals to help overcome the mysterious disease in Scarlett's body. Eager to see their eldest daughter get better, the DeWitts agreed to submit her to the experiment. It worked far better than they ever hoped it would, and in a matter of months and some occasional visits after being released from the hospital, Scarlett seemed to be a normal child.

But the experiment worked far better than the DeWitts could have expected. Scarlett shared a room with Holden at home when he was a bit older. One night, a burglar broke into the home with a loud crash. Scared to death, Scarlett woke up immediately and rushed over to four year old Holden, holding him tightly in her arms. Holden let out a soft gasp and Scarlett found herself wrapped in his arms in the form of a tabby cat. With the older sister's fear of having to be admitted to the hospital yet again, she and Holden kept the experience a secret. It eventually began to entertain them, playing games and seeing what Scarlett could shapeshift into.

But the secret didn't stay between the duo for long. Several years after the discovery of Scarlett's powers, she came across the knowledge that she was not the only one out there with strange abilities. There were a bunch of other people with powers far more powerful than her own, doing things that she could only dream of doing. They were both heroes and villains, something that was straight out of one of the many comic books she would read during her time at the hospital getting treated. Something about the idea called to her strongly, and she began to work on becoming a hero. Scarlett gathered up all of the money she could, whether it was from birthdays, grandma, or random change on the ground, and began to buy items to make her costume.

Initially, it started off as a hoodie with a piece of cloth tied around her head. Scarlett would carefully assist civilians any way possible, whether it was by providing directions to the nearest bakery or pulling them out of danger. It took practice, but she started to settle in with the routine. She would stay out late into the night and risk a lack of sleep, but it became a passion that she didn't mind doing. Now Scarlett has some light armor to protect herself from things like falling and some light punches, should she find herself out of her animal form, and has been scouring the city for two years. People who have come in contact with her have dubbed her as "Morph", and it's a name she has grown to love.
Last edited by Gecko on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:29 am

So Kieran and Emma are essentially orphans, although well taken care of. Kieran works to provide for Emma, but distances himself from her. Even to the point that they no longer share a common surname. He maintains some contact, but they aren't as close as they used to be. If Emma does come into this story, it will be as another 'main' character as opposed to "Oh hey, a person that doesn't matter too much." Of course this relies on whether or not it is okay with y'all. I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Oh, and I need to add a character pic as well as describe Kieran's appearance.
I received a Varsity Letter in roleplaying

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:58 pm

I just finished my character sheet. And Vlad, did you get those names from Scream? I've watched that show xD

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:10 am

Gecko wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:58 pm
I just finished my character sheet. And Vlad, did you get those names from Scream? I've watched that show xD
What...?
I received a Varsity Letter in roleplaying

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 am

There's a show called Scream that that's basically a cheesy slasher show, and two of the main characters are literally Kieran and Emma that end up dating or something, I can't remember. I thought that maybe you took inspiration from the two.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:38 pm

Stitches
Token Witch

Post by Stitches » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:10 am

Auditor. finally, at last.

Auditor and Morph are both approved.

Also, this is officially full you guys.

You've been bitten by
You've been bitten by
someone's false beliefs

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:45 am

I've still been trying to come up with a character that might work since my other one had so many problems. But I'm having a little difficulty settling on an idea for a character. I don't know if id still be welcome in this or not so I figured that I better ask. If I am still able to join then I was wondering if this world had supernatural things in it as well, or if you didn't want stuff like that brought it?

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl