{REQ} Monster Hunter/Cryptid-protection RP

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Starry Night Smol

{REQ} Monster Hunter/Cryptid-protection RP

Post by Starry Night Smol » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Image Created By: Starry Night Smol Image
ImageGenre: Modern-fantasy, monster hunter, action/adventure Image
Image Inspired by: The Adventure Zone's Amnesty arc, monster hunter games, mythology Image
Image Special Thanks To: TAZ for such a cool idea from the Powered by the Apocalypse games, friendos who encouraged the idea. Image
Image Status: Still accepting, preparing to startImage

Welcome
◇ Story ◇
◇ Rules ◇
◇ Character Sheets ◇
◇ Important Links ◇
Last edited by Starry Night Smol on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
First, coffee......... THEN take over the world.
I don't bite! .... much. (Okay, I don't bite hard.)

Starry Night Smol

Re: {REQ} Roanoke Lodge

Post by Starry Night Smol » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:32 pm

◇ Welcome ◇
► Story ◄
◇ Rules ◇
◇ Character Sheets ◇
◇ Important Links ◇

☲☳☴☵☶☷☲☳☴☵☶☷☲☳☴☵☶☷☲☳☴☵☶☷☲☳☴☵☶☷☲☳☴☵☶☷

The city of Maple Grove seems pretty unassuming to passers-by. Most of the visitors who pass through, are usually doing just that. Zooming by on their road trip to some other great city. In the autumn and winter however, the town becomes lively with tourists, most seeking out the wild apple groves, hiking trails, and ski lodges. If you're a cryptid enthusiast, perhaps the local cryptimuseum is more your scene; a shop full of the weird, mythical, fantastical things. The town's residents themselves seem just as sleepy and unassuming as Maple Grove itself. You've got your basic hotels, hardware store, two grocery stores, gas stations, curios shops, mom-and-pop cafes or stores, and maybe two or three well-known fast food places. To the northwest lies the Balcreath National Forest, a popular destination for hiking, skiing, and snowboarding. However, folks have stopped coming as of late, and no one is really sure why. It's late autumn now, and though Maple Grove has seen a handful of tourists come in, it's nowhere near the flood they're used to at this time of year. Some of the citizens welcome it, while others are hurting from the lack of business.

Deep in the Balcreath National Forest, though, one lodge is still doing surprisingly well. The Roanoke Lodge, run by a woman everyone knows as "Little Mama", is bustling with life. Toursists that come and go may not notice, but citizens of Maple Grove might recognize that some of these lodgers have been here for quite some time; months, years even, if they think about it. If they ask Little Mama, she'll simply smile and tell them that some of these folks are taking some extended vacations from their home, or, that they actually took up permanent residency in the lodge. Not like that's too big of a problem; the lodge itself is huge. Little Mama treats her patrons with her signature motherly hospitality, taking time to get to know each person who stays, and taking on some of them as employees in turn for their lodging situations if money is a little tight. In this late autumn, though, it seems Little Mama is away from the lodge a couple days at a time. And while most Lodgers and employees don't mind much, some of the new folks or the local citizens find this to be quite curious indeed.

You see, Little Mama and a couple of her close employees harbor a secret. They are part of The Wolf Pack; a secret group of people who are tasked with keeping the "unreal" hidden under wraps. The monsters and cryptids that humans have talked about in folktales and mythology are very very real, and in this particular place, they are living right under your nose. The man sitting next to you might be a werewolf. The woman walking her dog down the street could very well be a ghost. The child running and climbing trees in the playground could very well be a goat person. But they all appear human. These lodgers, residents, and asylum seekers are hiding with well-made disguises; ordinary-looking objects that they wear on their person at all times. Someone might be wearing a bracelet, another person, some earings, a third; a baseball cap. This allows them to live among the humans of the world without being detected. Little Mama and her Wolf Pack are charged with keeping the peace and sheltering the new arrivals while they are integrated into society. The Wolf Pack is also in charge of hunting down the rogues; malicious creatures intent on destroying humans, and The Pack makes sure no human sees these cryptids and rogues in the flesh. That's not to say there aren't humans in The Wolf Pack; there are a handful of trusted folks who are just plain old humans, who also help hunt down the rogues or lead the asylum seekers to the Roanoke Lodge. It helps when a few of said members are employed as Balcreath National Forest Rangers, or Lodge Employees. But wait, how do you know who's in The Wolf Pack? Little Mama personally invites each member, and gives them a specific patch to sew on the inside of a piece of clothing they wear when going out on Wolf-Pack related assignments. This patch is the head of an arctic wolf, done in geometric fractal designs, and Little Mama bestowes them on folks she inducts into the group of people who want to keep the peace in Maple Grove.

It's difficult to keep this all under wraps though. Maple Grove does have a cryptimuseum after all, and some of the citizens are leery of the 'weirder' people anyway. How will you fare? Are you a human, oblivious to all the mythical beasts walking in your midst? Are you a member of the Wolf Pack, charged with keeping the secret peace? Are you suspicious of the 'weird' activity going around and want to uncover the secret?

Well, come to Maple Grove, and let your journey begin.
Last edited by Starry Night Smol on Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:15 pm

◇ Welcome ◇
◇ Story ◇

► Rules ◄
◇ Character Sheets ◇
◇ Important Links ◇

1. Follow all TOS/upper rules
2. Try to post as often as you can but don't rabbit-post; let others take some time to respond.
3. Be nice to each other. It's ok for characters to start fights/drama/not like each other. It's NOT ok to be an arse to your actual fellow players.
4. Send me the character sheets titled "MapleWolf". I'll review and either accept or suggest edits.
5. This is an open-world kind of rp; I welcome collaboration in world-building from users. Please use the OOC thread to plan, and @me for any major changes.
6. No god-mod/overpowering characters. Everyone's got some weaknesses, even the monsters, cryptids, and beasties.
7. Plan out battles and talk them out. We can use OOC to do some minor outlines, such as when a fight takes place (although there will be a few surprise monsters popping up), how well the affected character(s) do, and whether or not anyone is majorly injured or dead. You cannot kill of a character with out that player's permission.

I'll update these as needed but I feel like that's it for now!

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Seems quite interresting to be honest. I'll work on a CS whenever I get the time, but it's becoming late here and I have an exam tomorrow so it'll have to wait for a bit.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:04 pm

◇ Welcome ◇
◇ Story ◇
◇ Rules ◇

► Character Sheets ◄
◇ Important Links ◇
Reservation Sheet

If you can, send me this with your profile so I can put it up under the ROLES section of the actual RP.

---code---

Code: Select all

[float=left][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/f67e/f/2017/290/5/0/place_by_ron_bon-dbqvm73.png[/img][/float]
[size=85][b]{I AM:}[/b] (First, Middle (optional), Last)[/size]
[size=85][b]{AGE:}[/b] (How old)[/size]
[size=85][b]{ALLEGIANCE:}[/b] (Put "Wolfpack" if you're a monster hunter, "Cryptical" if you are a monster or human who KNOWS of monsters and is ok with them, but isn't part of the WolfPack,  "Oblivious" if your character doesn't know about monsters, or "Suspicious" if your character is suspicious of cryptid existence. In addtion, put "Human" if your chara is a plain old human (no powers), "Metahuman" if your character is human with powers (ex: fire powers) or "Cryptid" if your character is a monster/mythical beast (ex: bigfoot, werewolf, etc)[/size]
[size=85][b]{OCCUPATION:}[/b] (Put their job and work location here. EX: Waiter at Nordom Cafe)[/size]
[size=85][b]{RESIDENT FOR:}[/b] (Put how long they've lived here. If they've lived here all their life, make it so. If it's their first day, put first day.)[/size]
[size=85][b]{USERNAME:}[/b] Put your username here[/size]
---example---
{I AM:} Jane Doe
{AGE:} 32
{ALLEGIANCE:} Wolfpack Cryptid
{OCCUPATION:} Cook at the Roanoke Lodge
{RESIDENT FOR:} 2 years
{USERNAME:} ExampleUser

x
x
x
xx
x

Full Chara Sheet
Here ya go to get ya started. Make it as pretty as you like!

[image here if you like. Just make sure it's not too big.]

Name: First, Middle (optional), and Last Name

Allegiance: WolfPack Member, Cryptical, Suspicious, or Oblivious
Race: Human, Metahuman (person with superpowers), Cryptid (type of monster/mythical beast)

Sexuality: All are accepted

Workplace: Where do they work?
Resident For: How long have they lived in Maple Grove? If they're new, put New.

Height: how tall?
Weight: how heavy?
General build: body type description
Hair color: Color and style of hair~
Eye color: color of eyes~
Extra: Scars, tattoos, etc.

Bio: A minimum of a couple paragraphs.

Personality: Personality description. About a paragraph or so.

Dislikes: list off dislikes and weaknesses.

Secrets: Guilty pleasures, secrets, embarrassing moments.

Room: [link to room]
Last edited by Starry Night Smol on Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Fluffking wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:36 pm
Seems quite interresting to be honest. I'll work on a CS whenever I get the time, but it's becoming late here and I have an exam tomorrow so it'll have to wait for a bit.
No worries! Just finished making the reservation and full chara sheets so take your time. Good luck on your exam tomorrow :D

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:16 pm

◇ Welcome ◇
◇ Story ◇
◇ Rules ◇
◇Character Sheets ◇

► Important Links ◄

Character Sheets: Approved Character Sheets need to be posted here! (don't forget to PM them to me first.)
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=9138

Main RP: Link to the actual RP! (Please have an approved character sheet posted in the CS before posting here)
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9139

OOC: Chitchat pertaining to plotting/planning!
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=4 ... 85#p217185

Starry Night Smol

Re: {REQ} Monster Hunter/Cryptid-protection RP

Post by Starry Night Smol » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:11 pm

Did some reworking of the character sheets to make them simpler, cuz let's face it, as fun as pretty charasheets are, I was done meddling with most code. Still! If you're interested, feel free to ask me any questions and I'll do my best to answerr! :D

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:29 pm

I'll go change a single thing or two things on Melody sometime tomorrow, but since I'm an 18 y/o Danish male I've been called to try for the military tomorrow, Americans are forced to we might be put in for 9 months depending on how we do. So I'mma turn off my devices now to get some sleep before I need to wake up early tomorrow.

I don't like waking up early in general :(
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:32 pm

No worries, get some sleep! Good luck!!