[REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Bigfoun

[REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by Bigfoun » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:41 am

Hi, is this rp open?))
That yin is gonna yang

D R I F T E R

Re: [REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by D R I F T E R » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:51 am

cuttleshimmer wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:21 pm
Deus Mortis wrote: .
Bigfoun wrote: .
Vladmirk wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:53 pm
Xcelgamer wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:10 am
Jhibus wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:51 am
Quirbles wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:59 pm
Alright, seeing as though the majority's decided that the prison will be the location of the Enclave, its time we finish up the other important details. First off: Location. Anything west of the Mississippi is a choice.

Somewhere rural would be preferable, considering places with dense population often didn't fare too well during the Crash and is still a hot zone even 5 years from it.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

Jhibus

Post by Jhibus » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:00 am

I have no idea where anything is in America let alone anywhere in the world

I failed all of my Geography classes for a reason
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

Deus Mortis

Post by Deus Mortis » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:34 pm

D R I F T E R wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:51 am

cuttleshimmer wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:21 pm
Deus Mortis wrote: .
Bigfoun wrote: .
Vladmirk wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:53 pm
Xcelgamer wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:10 am
Jhibus wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:51 am
Quirbles wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:59 pm
Alright, seeing as though the majority's decided that the prison will be the location of the Enclave, its time we finish up the other important details. First off: Location. Anything west of the Mississippi is a choice.

Somewhere rural would be preferable, considering places with dense population often didn't fare too well during the Crash and is still a hot zone even 5 years from it.
hi is this rp open

D R I F T E R

Post by D R I F T E R » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:35 pm

Alright that's it, I'm pulling the plug. Say goodbye to grandpap.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

Quirbles

Post by Quirbles » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:49 pm

Having a location near the Western Great Lakes would be interesting; lakeside cities and settlements involving fresh water control would be a good dynamic for our Takers.

Deus Mortis

Post by Deus Mortis » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:09 am

Quirbles wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:49 pm
Having a location near the Western Great Lakes would be interesting; lakeside cities and settlements involving fresh water control would be a good dynamic for our Takers.
Coulda sworn some cyborg said that...

Quirbles

Post by Quirbles » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:33 pm

"Out in the Loss, trust is a surefire way to catch a bullet. For me, the consequences are much worse."

PHOENIX

Parker Hughes

APPEARANCE:

Parker's status as an Immune has led to a lot of ballsy missions, which led to even ballsier displays of bravery-- or stupidity, depending on how you look at it. His immunity also meant that he didn't have to worry about biters; no, the real threat was humans. The various scars from Casualties that line his arms, legs, and various other limbs are evidence of who he'd rather stay around. Nothing on the face, though. He's too good-looking for that.

As far as outfits go, Parker's does its job well enough. While his upper body is lightly armored with padding, his lower legs are heavily armored in a way that doesn't heavily compromise mobility while still maintaining a good level of protection. On his face is a ballistic mask, used to hide his identity as well as protect from face shots, whether it be from Casualties or other humans.

BIO:

"I'M SORRY, GOD PLEASE FORGIVE ME GOD I'M SORRY--"

"VECTORS, COMING UP THE STAIRS!"

"FUCK IT, WE'RE HIKING TO THE ROOF! ON ME, MOVE!"

The pounding of footsteps became intermingled with the screams of infected as Hughes and his men bounded towards the higher levels of the apartment complex they'd taken lodge in, the hemorrhaging corpses quickly gaining speed as muscle tissue and ligaments were sacrificed in the pursuit of prey. Hughes brought up the rear of his squadron and was prepared to keep it that way, gunshots ringing into the cramped space of the concrete stairwell as Operation Utility soldiers desperately attempted to subdue the Vectors pouncing upon them.

One fell as shots tore into the midsection and legs, sending the infected spiraling to the floor and seizing upon the steps before slamming their head into a corner, halting the movement entirely. Bodies fell but the Vector horde kept encroaching upon their position, with screaming and bloodied civilians yelling apologies as they grabbed onto the stairs and came closer and closer. Shots grew more and more inaccurate as the soldiers focused less on hitting their targets and more on staying alive; Hughes stayed ever defensive at the end of the group, firing as many rounds as he could into the group of infected before one of them charged up a few steps and grabbed onto his gun, ripping it from his hands and throwing it over the stairwell railing. The Vector gnashed his teeth as he let out an inhuman roar, wrapping crimson-stained hands around Parker's neck and throwing him into the wall like he weighed absolutely nothing. More gunshots rang out; a stray bullet ricocheted and pierced his lower leg; footsteps bounded back towards Hughes as one of the squadron's soldiers attempted to help him, only to be grabbed and thrown down into the middle of the pursuing horde. Screams, human and ear-splitting, rang out into a vast stretch of the stairwell as the soldier was torn apart.

Hughes went to unholster his pistol, only for the Vector to grab his arms and hoist him upwards. A spray of wet warmth smacked his face. Blood-- infected blood, and it had been launched over the entirety of his body. Hopelessness overtook the situation as the infected man buried his teeth into Parker's neck; what remained of his squadron raised their rifles and fired, the infection of their Sergeant proving that they needed to move. quickly or else they would be next. Another bullet pierced his side. Raising his arms in a new-found defiance, Hughes gripped the Vector and threw himself towards and over the railing of the staircase, taking the infected with him as the two slammed off the descending railings of previous floors and plummeted towards the concrete ground below.

PERSONALITY:
As a result of Phoenix's newfound immunity, the ex-soldier now lives life with a degree of carelessness that has since translated into a need to put himself in dangerous situations. Since he doesn't have the biters to worry about, the only threat to him is humans; subsequently, the immune status he holds has led to an increased priority of his retrieval by various military groups for bone-marrow harvesting. Needless to say, his trust in those around him isn't exactly at its peak. When in an Enclave, he doesn't stick in one place for too long; he also makes sure to hide his face and scars when possible. However, his cavalier attitude around Casualties and other infected can lead others to suspect his immunity to the Blight.

POSSESSIONS:

• Connections [10B]
    Civilian Grade Armor [5B]
    Improvised Armor [2B]
    B-Grade: MPX [5B]
    Modification: Suppressor [2B]
    Backpack [1B]
    Specialized Melee Weapon: Machete / Hatchet multi-tool [4B]

Total: 29B

SKILLS / TALENTS:

• Well-versed in intimidation and interrogation techniques.
  • Due to lightweight armor and athletic background, adept at maneuvering landscape and climbing / vaulting objects; "Parkour", as it used to be called before the Crash.
  • Good with analyzing enemy movement patterns and strategizing on the move / during combat.
  • Skilled Guitar player.

DEPENDANTS:
With nobody to depend on, Phoenix largely keeps moving due to the fate that'd await him if he were to stop. Going out under StopLoss would be a fate worse than death.

OTHERS:
Hughes is immune. Speech will be in this color.

Quirbles

Post by Quirbles » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Deus Mortis wrote:
Now it's y'all turn

Deus Mortis

Post by Deus Mortis » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:47 pm

Quirbles wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:34 pm
Deus Mortis wrote:
Now it's y'all turn