[REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
User avatar
D R I F T E R
Newbie
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Beyond the Pacific
Contact:

Re: [REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by D R I F T E R » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:00 am

Deus Mortis wrote:My contract with Disney makes me obligated to attend this

HA ITS A LOSS MEME!
Glad you're here, token minority character that we totally did not hire to diversify our company
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

User avatar
Jhibus
Sr. Member
Posts: 582
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:58 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: [REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by Jhibus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:12 am

oh, we're still brainstorming. Gotcha.
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

User avatar
cuttleshimmer
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:23 am
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: [REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by cuttleshimmer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:41 am

I like the idea of setting an Enclave somewhere more secured and large, for example, like it said in the skeleton, a prison. Or, if those spots aren't available to our characters, they could've just set up somewhere smaller and easily defendable by setting up guard posts or something of the like!

User avatar
D R I F T E R
Newbie
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Beyond the Pacific
Contact:

Re: [REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by D R I F T E R » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:55 am

cuttleshimmer wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:41 am
I like the idea of setting an Enclave somewhere more secured and large, for example, like it said in the skeleton, a prison. Or, if those spots aren't available to our characters, they could've just set up somewhere smaller and easily defendable by setting up guard posts or something of the like!
Mind you, because this RP revolves around Takers, all the player characters will be Takers themselves (Apologies if I forgot to specify this in the original post). The Enclave is simply a place where the RP will step off from and will serve as a Safe Hub of sorts until the group decides to leave for greener pastures or until something unfortunate happens to it.

An enclave is usually not just a small safe zone, but rather a full blown mini-settlement that's self-sufficient enough to last through the Crash and five years after it, but not enough to simply just hunker down and wait out the apocalypse; hence why they need Takers to brave outside of the fence and into the Loss.

However, I do like the idea about it being somewhere secure and large. A prison sounds like good idea (so long as there isn't any friendly governor around to mess things up.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

User avatar
Quirbles
Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 am
Location: my house
Contact:

Re: [REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by Quirbles » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:00 am

I say we put it on an oil rig

User avatar
D R I F T E R
Newbie
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Beyond the Pacific
Contact:

Re: [REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by D R I F T E R » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:04 am

Quirbles wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:00 am
I say we put it on an oil rig
Image
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

User avatar
cuttleshimmer
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:23 am
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: [REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by cuttleshimmer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 am

Quirbles wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:00 am
I say we put it on an oil rig
How exactly would that work, if you don't mind me asking? It sounds interesting, just, how would they get onto an oil rig? It would certainly be a defendable position, just difficult to get to.

unless this is a joke lmao

User avatar
D R I F T E R
Newbie
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:32 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Beyond the Pacific
Contact:

Re: [REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by D R I F T E R » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:27 am

cuttleshimmer wrote:
Quirbles wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:00 am
I say we put it on an oil rig
How exactly would that work, if you don't mind me asking? It sounds interesting, just, how would they get onto an oil rig? It would certainly be a defendable position, just difficult to get to.

unless this is a joke lmao
Look up "Poseidon Oil Rig" on Google. You'll know the answer to your questions straight away.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read

User avatar
Quirbles
Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 am
Location: my house
Contact:

Re: [REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by Quirbles » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:57 am

cuttleshimmer wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 am
Quirbles wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:00 am
I say we put it on an oil rig
How exactly would that work, if you don't mind me asking? It sounds interesting, just, how would they get onto an oil rig? It would certainly be a defendable position, just difficult to get to.

unless this is a joke lmao
everything i say is pretty much a joke unless i state otherwise

for real, I'd think the prospect of having a prison for the first enclave would be good. secure enough to warrant our characters coming back. question is, would it be more urban in its location or rural?

User avatar
cuttleshimmer
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:23 am
Gender: Female
Contact:

Re: [REQ] Out of Terror, We Profit

Post by cuttleshimmer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:37 am

Quirbles wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:57 am
cuttleshimmer wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:26 am
Quirbles wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:00 am
I say we put it on an oil rig
How exactly would that work, if you don't mind me asking? It sounds interesting, just, how would they get onto an oil rig? It would certainly be a defendable position, just difficult to get to.

unless this is a joke lmao
everything i say is pretty much a joke unless i state otherwise

for real, I'd think the prospect of having a prison for the first enclave would be good. secure enough to warrant our characters coming back. question is, would it be more urban in its location or rural?
ohhh the classic rp clown huh?

I think it'd be more in a rural Southern area, such as Texas or Arizona. Those areas tend to have more prisons because of the prison industry and how it affects more poverty-stricken places, also it's harder to escape from a rural prison because you can't blend in much with the crowd- communities like that are typically more well-knit and there are not that many people.

The reasons the Enclave would be set there is that of 1.) The security and the size of it, as I mentioned earlier, and 2.) Purely because of how rural the area is, it's less likely that there would be humongous hoards of zombies such as in places such as New York City or San Diego. But, given that rural areas are mostly in the South, in order for our characters to get there, they might have to be Southern.

Yeehaw.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest