[One]The Pumpkin Cauldron

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

[One]The Pumpkin Cauldron

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:49 am

Modern day Los Angeles has become infested with Witches from all around the globe. As they delve on a quest to acquire the Pumpkin Cauldron. A Grimoire of old magic. In Witch folklore, the Pumpkin Cauldron is said to be able to cure any curse and incantation cast onto any being or item with no cost. With such an ability, it's no surprise that many witches have gathered in the place believed to be the last sighting of it. Hungry for its power this quest has led many of the witches to turn on each other. This is all happeningwithin shadows of human society. As even to this day humans fear witches and for good cause! In the past they've used their powers for malicious and mischievous acts! This includes the Pumpkin Cauldron.

With the sudden spike of Witches, it hadn't been long until their enemies had caught on. Devourers as they're called. Beings with a strange origin having a peculiar liking to the taste of Witch-Flesh. Stealing not only a Witches powers, but also their appearance. Devourers have always been an enemy aside of humans.

-----

The Magical World of Witchcraft

The world of Witchcraft is well hidden from the eyes of ordinary humans. Ensuring that no one "undesired" learns of their existence. Only a human who has been Thrall'd or by certain circumstances will ever know of their existence. Being plenty of shops and other locations that appear as regular establishments, they harbor certain services to other Witches.

Some of these being popular sites to humans, yet under their nose.

Who and what are Witches?
Witches are simply humans with the ability to use magic. Casting spells and curses. Crafting potions and enchanted artifacts. Witches live as long as the normal human life span(with the exception of certain artifacts granting eternal life). All are born. Some unlock the ability to use magic early in life while others discover their powers much later. Once unlocked, a Witch will immediately know how her powers work and their limitations. This also includes the ability to create and command Thralls.

What are Thralls?

Thralls are eternal servants. Being the medium of a curse, in which marks their servitude to that individual witch. It applies when the the Thralls Mark is placed. Placing a 'Thralls Mark' is rather easy, since no rule nor condition has to be met other than physical contact. The mark acts not only as a tracking device but a collar; every Witch has their own unique Thrall Mark, which allow differentiation of others. In primitive times, a Witch could command a Thralls every whim through it. As man began to evolve, the effect of the mark reduced to a point where only very select basic and simple commands can be followed. Very often Thralls are used as bodyguards. A portion of magical power is invested into a Thrall, allowing them to adopt an ability of their own. However there are some rules and conditions both need to keep in mind:

*If the witch dies, so does the Thrall. If the Thrall dies, the power invested in them will remain forever lost.
*If a Thrall kills their master, the witch can use the Thralls soul and resurrect once.
*If at least 90% of a witches magical power is imbued into a Thrall before death, they can use the Thralls soul and resurrect once.
*A Thralls curse is the only known curse that can only be lifted by the Pumpkin Cauldron.

The Story
The story can take many different routes. A tale of a Witch and her Thrall. A tale of a pair or multiple witches. All trying to find the Pumpkin Cauldron before their enemies can. The overall feel of the RP is a bit more action-y, and very inspired by the Shonen genre. Battling against other Witches and Devourers along the way; and facing other obstacles that may present themselves.

For a partner I'd like someone who pushes and pulls the story. Whom communicates different ideas and possibilities. Someone who is flexible and contributes every step of the way, with me. It's a very open-ended story line so there's a place for so many ideas and routes.

Rules
1)Following all the rules of the Intermediate section and RPF is a must. I'm not gonna negotiate about the vital rules that everyone is expected to follow.
2)No OP characters, meta-gaming, blah-blah.
3)Have fun.
---

ShaFlow

Re: [One]The Pumpkin Cauldron

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:50 am

Witch Character Sheet
Name:
Power(s):[Witches have a maximum of three powers unique to them]
Biography:
Appearance:[I accept all forms except real images/photographs]
Extra:
----

Thrall Character Sheet
Name:
Personality:
Previous Occupation:
Power/Ability:
Biography:
Appearance:[Same applies as above]
Extra:

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 am

I'm assuming since gender isn't included on the Witch Cs that all witches are female, correct?
I received a Varsity Letter in roleplaying

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:20 am

Never mind, I noticed a keyword that answers that question.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:24 am

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:35 am

Are you against having multiple characters? Combining the two ideas of having a witch and her thrall and the multiple witches could be interesting. I was thinking that I could be the Thrall to your witch and vice versa, or however you would like.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:39 am

No I am not against that idea. I actually encourage that idea. The two above were just the obvious ones heh but playing multiple characters I have no issue with at all.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:06 am

I actually really enjoy the idea of your Thrall goes to my Witch and mine goes to yours. Gives constant material to post to.

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:36 pm

I'm going to try and make my characters sometime today when I'm not busy

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Dude take your time, don't rush.

I'll be out for a majority of my day anyways