[Req] [Sci] The Sanctuary

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Monika
Casual Mod

[Req] [Sci] The Sanctuary

Post by Monika » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:52 am

In this mundane world, among the normal everyday people, there are people who aren't normal. They have special abilities that make them unique and different. The world knows that they exist, but prefer to turn a blind eye.

That is, until it's their own child.

Then it becomes all to real and they don't know what to do. The ones that consider them no longer their child, put them out on the streets. It had to be someone else's child for them to have those abilities, right? But what about the ones who tried to keep them, but couldn't? They still loved their child, and wanted the best, but the abilities were too much.

Well, there's the Sanctuary.

The Sanctuary is a network of churches across the globe, designed to be safe havens for the Special Ones, or 'Specials' as they have been dubbed. Sanctuary members find abandoned Specials roaming the streets, and take them to one of their safe houses, specially built outside of cities where they could live in peace, and learn to use their abilities without worrying about the safety of themselves and others.

I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Req] [Sci] The Sanctuary

Post by Monika » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:53 am

General Rules
Everything must follow the Rules and Guidelines of RP-Forums.
Everything I say is law, and the I get the final word.
Respect EVERYONE. If you don't like a person, play nice. If you're having an issue with someone, let me know. I will deal with it. Don't take it out on the person and be rude.
Keep curse words to a minimal, though I'd prefer you to not curse at all.

RP Rules
This is Literate RPing. Full Sentences, good grammar, no asterisks.
No God Modding. This includes: No grabbing, moving, throwing, hitting, or anything with a completion without giving the target a chance to respond. You cannot grab someone and move them successfully in one post. I give permission to ignore anyone who 'auto' does anything. This is an offence that will get one warning before being kicked out. It is not a hard concept.
No permanent physical or mental damage without consent. This rule is an expansion of Rule 2. You DO NOT cause irreparable damage to someone's character without their consent. That is a form of God Modding. If this happens, I give permission to ignore it. If it happens again, the offender is out.
Don't bother people and beg people to rp with you. Don't Harass, and don't push yourself into a situation just to get attention. I will warn only once, then I will kick you out if it happens again.
EVERYONE must take part in the main storyline that I am trying to put out. I will give people freedom, until I hit the big ol' red PLOT button.
Romance is ok, but if I see people neglecting the rp just to get with someone, I WILL hit the PLOT button, and you won't like it at all.

Please add "I have read the rules and I accept them" at the beginning of your profile to show you have read them. Thank you.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:54 am

Most abilities will be welcome. This is the list of banned abilities:
Permanent physical mutation
Any kind of non-element control. Influence is fine.
Time manipulation
Anything to do with spirits (includes summoning)
Actual Magic

Roles in Sanctuary

Location Head
Taken

Second in Command
(Needs to be with the Sanctuary for at least 5 years, and proven themselves to be trustworthy.)

Doctor
Taken

Recruiters
(recruiters must be very friendly and good at being able to spot Specials, whether with their own ability, or good intuition)

Enforcers
(Enforcers are the protectors of the sanctuary and it's people. They all have to be willing to fight, as well have good offensive abilities. An Enforcer group usually consists of two to three Fighters and one Defender)
Fighters

Defender

Permanent Residents

Members
(Not everyone in Sanctuary is homeless. These are the people who come to Sanctuary to make friends and have a safe place to learn their powers)

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:56 am

Name:
Nickname:
Personality:
Ability: (Just one, no duplicates, and describe ability)
Sanctuary Role:
Why they were given Role: (if a member of staff)
How long in Sanctuary:
How they got to Sanctuary: (short summary. Everyone has a sob story so no one cares how bad your life was beforehand. If it affected who you are, it goes in personality.)
Appearance:

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Seems interesting, let me just make a cs
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:10 pm

I'm not sure if the ability is a little too much or just enough. I'll let you decide.

Name: Daniel Feldt

Nickname: Fluff. His hair has always been abnormally fluffy which in the end earned him his nickname.

Personality: Daniel is the guy that wont tolerate mean and hurtful behavior but he's also the guy that will let adolescent behavior and pranks go unnoticed. He suffers an extreme distrust to adults but remains reclusive about his reasons. He's good with kids and young people getting along with his own age group as well. He can have a tendency to be reclusive, but will be more than happy to take part in social activities. In addition he is very, and I mean VERY, protective about the youngest kids. He'd rather see his arms torn off than them harmed.

Ability: He has some control over earthen elements, that would mean dirt and rocks. What that entitles is that he can make it stick to his body, harden, and form it. Although the ability to harden and form is difficult and often not worth the effort. The harden part depends on how hard the material already is rock, for example, would be able to harden way less than mud would, although mud wouldn't be able to "harden" to more than dirt. The form part is the same principle although it takes a significant amount of energy to form even the slightest bit of mud, often making it the most unpractical thing to attempt.

Sanctuary Role: Defender/recruiter. His official acting role is defender, although he takes some time with the recruiters. The reason for this is how he acts with kids and teens, doing it in a way that more easily makes them open up.

How long in Sanctuary: 4 years

How they got to Sanctuary: Daniel had lived with his parents for 10 years before his "secret" was revealed. The school he attended at the time was furious at both him and his parents, and many teachers took it out on him. Confused and scared the 10 year old was suddenly forced into the whole wide world as his parents could no longer keep him. A few years passed before he was found by a group of Sanctuary recruiters and thus he ended up in sanctuary.

Appearance: An average build. His brown hair is in an Afro kind of style looking almost as fluffy as wool. His eyes are a bark like brown color with a greenish shine to the edges. Apart from his hair he doesn't have much to set him apart from the crowd. He has a few scars from using his ability, and some wounds, he gets these when rocks in the dirt press against his skin which happens and awful lot.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:02 pm

I think I remember this from a while ago- would it be okay if I used the same character as before? The one with the shadow powers

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:43 pm

go ahead and just post it again.

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:07 pm

Name: Saul Sibiryakov
Nickname:
Personality: They're a friendly, easy-going person who it takes a lot to get under the skin of. They're very calm in most situations, letting most things roll off their back without affecting them. They've got a soft spot of kids and feel like they've got an obligation to pay back the kindness that they were shown when they were in need themself.
They like telling jokes, though they often mess up the punchlines: they figure that as long as someone laughs at their mistake it's a win either way.
Ability: Saul can turn themself and other living beings they're touching into living shadows for a limited time (6-8 hours max at a time when fully rested and only effecting themself). Saul cannot turn other people into shadows without turning into a shadow themself, and can't turn themself back to normal without turning back everyone currently a shadow.
* While a shadow they're mostly immune from physical harm, though other Special's abilities could still potentially effect them and extreme amounts of bright light will force them to return to normal, as will Saul falling unconscious.
* As a shadow, it's impossible for people to effect physical objects or make noise: Saul communicates in ASL while a shadow.
* Every additional person Saul turns to shadow with them halves the time their ability lasts, and shadows are able to hurt other shadows, though the other Specials' abilities usually act rather wonky while they're non-corporeal.
Sanctuary Role: Recruiter
Why they were given Role: Their ability makes it easy for them and a possible recruit to make a quick escape from a dangerous situation, and lets them follow potential recruits without being seen. While they don't have the inherent ability to sense other Specials, Saul has good intuition and can read crowds to see people that are trying to not be noticed: they usually follow the person they suspect for a little while to make sure, then will make contact to offer them refuge at Sanctuary. Additionally, Saul is hard to get angry and doesn't take scared kids lashing out in fear personally: they're very gentle and soft-spoken in manner, which helps them be seen as nonthreatening.
How long in Sanctuary: 11 years
How they got to Sanctuary: Saul was kicked out of their home as a child once their abilities began showing and their parents thought they must be some kind of demon-child. For a couple of years they lived on the streets, surviving by their wits and by using their ability to get out of trouble when it caught up to them. They were fortunate enough to eventually end up at a synagogue nearby that was affiliated with Sanctuary, and consider themself practically a well-adjusted member of society now.
Appearance:

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 pm

ok, I have another person making a recruiter, so I'm going to close the recruiter role for now. We have a diverse set of recruiters, with different expertise. So as a group, it'll be great. we got a Special Finder, a defender, and a Get-away