[ONE] Pirates Never Die

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Psycho_Jamie

[ONE] Pirates Never Die

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:37 pm

We're writing the 17th century, Port Royal, The New World. Times change for you when the Governor of the said place tells you a rather strange sounding story, but the sailors and pirates of the caribbean do believe and spread such stories not exactly rarely. This one however has a very true and real core...
Once a man called Cornelius Pratt, a rather well known alchemist who never let anyone know about his work though, stranded on a lonely island; with him his newest and greatest inventury: an Alchemy Machine that was able to turn any metal into pure gold. Of course that was only discovered years later when a spanish ship found and picked up the sick and gone mad alchemist. In his dying minutes in San Juan he drew a map of the island which showed where this treasure was hidden and without having said a single word since he got lost, he died.
With the map in the hand of a spanish governor, but this priceless treasure technically in reach, the british governor orders you, one of his best people, to go and get it. The tricky part though is... Everyone who has ever set foot on that island never returned. This is probably the reason he convinced one of the best known and not necessarily liked pirate captains of the discovered seas to go on this dangerous mission by offering to set them free from all crimes. You are supposed to work with them, not just as a supervisor, but also as a partner.
Will you be able to complete this mission successfully? What will you do if faced with grave danger, power and might or unexpected truths? Find your sea legs, because there are storms waiting on your journey.

Rules:
- follow RPF rules
- no god moding
- please follow my lead in this story, though I am of course open for ideas and initiative, feel free to share yours with me
- this story is planned as adventure, but can go any way you'd like
- if you want to discuss something with me, please do it via PM or in th OOC topic I will set up before the RP one, to discuss things
- if something about me or my characters bothers you, please also tell me, we're all friends here
- if you're going to be busy or want to drop it, that's okay, but please tell me
- Have fun!

CS should contain:
Name:
Preferred gender to rp with: (if it doesn't matter just leave open)
Personality:
Biography:
Skills:
Appearance: (can be a picture or description)

Just post the CS right away unless you have questions, you can PM me or try it here and I will try to help
This is one of my first try at Intermediate RPs, especially one on one, but I'll try my best and am looking forward to rp with you!

Maxx
Silver

Re: [ONE] Pirates Never Die

Post by Maxx » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:19 pm

Oooo looks interesting.

Name: Esmerelda
Preferred gender to rp with: Doesn't matter
Personality: Usually friendly, can be shy, but can also be argumentative and rude.
Biography: Born to a lower middle class family, Esmerelda had a decent childhood growing up with her two brothers and two sisters. However, at the age of 15, her father tried marrying her off to some duke. This duke was handsome, but had a reputation for being cruel and arrogant. So Esmerelda ran away, and became one of the British governors 'people', and quickly rose to the be one of the best despite being a girl.
Skills: Sword-fighting, knife throwing, cooking, negotiating/bargaining.
Appearance: Pretty. Has freckles and pale skin. Has straight elbow length raven black hair, and light blue eyes. Is average height and skinny, but not too skinny. Has no 'usual' outfit, she wears what fits the situation, be it skirts or trousers or dresses. Her main noticeable flaw is a large, ugly looking scar on her lower arm that she got during a sword fight, when her opponent sliced open her arm.

Hope this is okay.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:51 pm

For me, the CS is perfect! I'd just like a last name of your character, unless there are reasons she doesn't have/use one. I don't know if they changed anything about the five sentence minimum, but personally, I don't mind a short, yet on point description
I'll get a CS up and we could start! Unless you have any questions
Btw, I love your caption

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:02 pm

The only reason I didn't put a last name is cos I don't tend to give my characters last names. Her last name can be, I don't know, hmm... *looks at fridge* Swan.
And thanks. I thought of it when I was really tired and my mum asked me if I was on drugs.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:49 pm

However you assosiated fridge and Swan, fine by me!
That story makes the caption just funnier

My CS:

Name: Alexander Greenwood

Personality: Alexander has surprisingly good manners for a pirate, people who survived fights against him told about his upright attitude, duelling without cheap tricks and sparing lives. He is respected amongst his crew and allies for more than his success and strength, but feared by those who were ubfirtunate enough to feel his wrath. He stands true to his word, though he tends to bend and twist the rules to his liking and shows little to no respect for the european governments and even less for those following their orders. If angered, his language turns into the one of a true sailor and you can catch a glimpse on the salt water fueled demon that lingers inside and made so many already lose their fights and lives.

Biography: There isn't known much about Alexander's past. Rumours say he's the son of Calipso herself, raised by the crew of the Flying Dutchman until he could pass on into the human world. Others say he sold a siren to a sea witch to grant him a spell which would make him a successfuk pirate. But you can rest assured, he's just as human as any other sailor in the living world. He was born in Great Britain, to a noble family as the second and last child, but first and only son. Oddly, he and his sister were insaperable, so it wasn't surprising that he acocmpanied her to her fiance who resided in the New World. They never made it to the wedding. A pirate ship ambushed them, one stilk haunting his dreams at times, the captain was ruthless and easily had the merchant ship ubder control. As he found Alexander and his sister, he wanted to take the girl for himself, but together they fought as well as they could. It wasn't enough. Alexander had to watch his sister be killed by a now pissed of pirate and was left to die himself. Only by coincidence another ship passed by and rummaged through the remains. It was pure luck he survived. Instead of going home he asked the pirates to join their crew and eventually earned their trust as a hard working young man. After a few years the old captain died and Alexander found his chance to gain the position he was waiting for. As the new captain he had the means to avenge his sister, with a faithful crew following him and strong sails to carry them.

Skills: Swordsmanship, caligraphy, navigation, strategy, smooth talking... Whatever can save your behind

Appearance: Image

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:54 pm

RP and OOC thread would be up now

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:20 pm

Ok. And by the way, I associated fridge and swan because the company my fridge is by is named swan
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired