[REQ] Journey Through the Dead Lands

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
FakeSkrillex

[REQ] Journey Through the Dead Lands

Post by FakeSkrillex » Mon May 28, 2018 12:23 am

The kingdom of Arlandria hasn't known peace for years. Battles rage between factions over land, power, wealth, sometimes women. But it was when things began to grow quiet that people began to take notice. Rumors of a sickness spreading in the northern city of Sargoth moved through the lands like a gentle breeze. Stories of those inflicted with it going mad, vomiting blood, some would say that people would just drop dead from the sickness without any warning. No one seemed safe from this plague, men and women alike fell to the sickness. But mysteriously all the children under the age of 16 weren't affected at all by the disease. But the real trouble began when the dead began rising. Remorseless, with only the drive to kill. And kill they did. Villages were torn to pieces, cities fell as this "Army of the Dead" continued its bloody campaign across all corners of the kingdom. Some say that it's a sign of the gods being angry at them for their greed, others say that it is the work of dark magic, but whatever it is it will reach Calradia soon. Farmers and villagers have fled to the safety of city after hearing movements and seeing shadows lurking in the night, hearing the screams in the distance of men and women alike.

After receiving no word from the neighboring cities Lord Gareth of Calradia posted a message in the town center, it read as follows

Urgent message to any brave adventurers

Our kingdom has been at war for a long time, but now we are in the midst of a crisis. It is known to all that something, whether it be a plague or some form of dark magic, is making its way here. We are looking for any experienced warriors, adventurers, or mercenaries to travel outside of the walls and find the source of this sickness and how we can destroy it. For further instructions report to the barracks on the eastern side of the city. You will be rewarded most handsomely for your actions.

-------------------

Calradia

-------------------

Character Sheet

Name:
Backstory:
Personality:
Appearance:

(Magic is allowed, just nothing to crazy or powerful)

----------------------

Party Members:

Name: Ulfric Ironhand

Backstory: Ulfric hails from a land across the sea, he came to Arlandria when he was near 20 years old. He quickly made a name for himself as a brawler, a drinker, and most importantly a warrior. With how little he speaks of his past there is no telling where he learned to fight, but it's said that he has never been defeated in combat.

At the age of 32 Ulfric had made enough of a name for himself to cause a following to form. Men like Ulfric, warriors from many lands, joined his sides. The small band grew to be known as "The Horsemen of the Apocalypse" as they could seemingly turn the tide of the battle completely. After a few years Ulfrics band of mercenaries found themselves in the service of Lord Gareth. And even though he was only a mercenary he quickly rose through the ranks before being appointed as the vanguard of the Southern forces. Using his influence with Lord Gareth, Ulfric was able to make his whole band of men into Southern Rangers. These are troops that move swiftly through the Southern lands of Arlandria, all of them are skilled warriors in their own ways but most tend to work alone while sometimes patrolling the borders together. They mainly function as a immensely useful warning system in times of war. Ulfric has confidence in his men, and they were the only ones he could trust to do the job well. He only hopes to see them again.

He was brought into this mission at personal request from Lord Gareth. He is one of the few men that has fought the dead and lived to tell the tale. But with time running out and the army of the dead moving further into the Southern lands Ulfric knows that not even he and his men could defeat the never ending waves of the undead. So he agreed to be on this seemingly hopeless mission to try and cut off the head of the snake by finding out what caused the plague to begin with.

Personality: Ulfric is not known for having a sense of humor. He is a stern leader that commands respect among his men. Though he does not carry himself the same way that a knight would, with respect or decorum, instead he acts upon his own will. He has no time for formalities. All he knows is war.

-----------

Basic rules will apply. Follow the rules of the forums and no god-modding/instant actions and we'll be fine.

Any questions feel free to ask me!
Last edited by FakeSkrillex on Tue May 29, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Azra

Re: [REQ] Journey Through the Dead Lands

Post by Azra » Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 am

So low magic medieval zombie rp? I could get behind that.
Did you have any kind of character you want in mind for it

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Tue May 29, 2018 4:03 am

1. Well there will be kind of a lot of magic involved If/when the game actually starts. But for characters I don’t want anyone with crazy powerful magic abilities.

2. I will be making a character that will act as the “leader” in a way. I probably should have put that up at the start so that was my fault. Will do that as I can get to my computer. So feel free to make whatever character you want.

(Also Az I saw some really cool Ciri pics earlier that you’d like. I’ll try and find them when I get back home.

Azra

Post by Azra » Tue May 29, 2018 5:15 am

FakeSkrillex wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 4:03 am
1. Well there will be kind of a lot of magic involved If/when the game actually starts. But for characters I don’t want anyone with crazy powerful magic abilities.

2. I will be making a character that will act as the “leader” in a way. I probably should have put that up at the start so that was my fault. Will do that as I can get to my computer. So feel free to make whatever character you want.

(Also Az I saw some really cool Ciri pics earlier that you’d like. I’ll try and find them when I get back home.
1. I think I've an idea for that actually, will try and draft something and see if it works

2. Wasn't sure if it wanted like a certain kind of party outside of anyone who'll be hired

I welcome any art one finds lol I may have a lot but a lot isn't enough

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Tue May 29, 2018 8:26 am

No particular party. Members are those that are adept with combat in some way, be as diverse as you want with your characters

Azra

Post by Azra » Tue May 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Name: Licia Fortuna

Backstory: Long ago a witch had a daughter and longed to teach her to be a spell caster to surpass herself. From an early age however they found Licia simply struggles to pick up on any particular magic outside of one field. That would come to be probability. Begrudgingly that was what they would try and master it was decided, and by the age of fifteen Licia was a natural at her trade. She found she had a better chance of avoiding harm, it was by no means perfect but it was as if the dice always rolled in her favor. Things seemed to go well for her and those around her to some extent, this only went so far of course and was a double edged sword in a way. It seemed to just be good fortune for those within a small sphere of influence outside of being maybe a bit more in her favor it seemed kind to all. This would lead her to develop a unique combat to try and assist her in making the best of her limited magic. By nineteen she had developed what she called "impractical arts" a form of combat that would have an off stance or awkward weapon handling, or strike from obscure angles.

Every morning she wakes up she spends ten minutes to recite the small pool of spells to ensure this effect of hers stays in place. She's been a wandering mercenary for awhile now often hired as the good luck charm of a squad. Arlandia favors her company having her hired for countless missions, raids and conflicts. Of course that means outside of Arlandia it isn't unheard of for a bounty to be on her head. Thankfully luck seems to frequently be on her side.
Personality: Licia is an upbeat woman with a rather care free demeanor at almost all times. Her magic doesn't do much or reach to far but it's lead her to feel like things will always work out. She tends to be charismatic and well liked by a room by most but arguably the bane of some. The last thing a bunch of gamblers want for example is someone tipping odds in the favor of one of the last ones standing. In addition to this it does mean she is kind of bad at planning, she figures it best to just let others give her direction. As surely what does she have to worry about right?

Appearance: Standing at five foot five she's kind of small. Her hair is a rather dark auburn and eyes a bright blue. Her skin seems almost entirely unblemished or scared despite the amount of fights she's in this isn't entirely true however. Beneath her top is a trio of scars near her abdomen below her left breast and near the center of her back. Three instances she was hit in a way that some say should have been lethal she seems to have bounced back however. She usually wears black, and is equipped with a knife a sword and a small crossbow with twenty bolts.
IMG_4783.JPG
IMG_4783.JPG (211.4 KiB) Viewed 112 times

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Tue May 29, 2018 5:59 pm

Azra wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 4:31 pm
Name: Licia Fortuna

Backstory: Long ago a witch had a daughter and longed to teach her to be a spell caster to surpass herself. From an early age however they found Licia simply struggles to pick up on any particular magic outside of one field. That would come to be probability. Begrudgingly that was what they would try and master it was decided, and by the age of fifteen Licia was a natural at her trade. She found she had a better chance of avoiding harm, it was by no means perfect but it was as if the dice always rolled in her favor. Things seemed to go well for her and those around her to some extent, this only went so far of course and was a double edged sword in a way. It seemed to just be good fortune for those within a small sphere of influence outside of being maybe a bit more in her favor it seemed kind to all. This would lead her to develop a unique combat to try and assist her in making the best of her limited magic. By nineteen she had developed what she called "impractical arts" a form of combat that would have an off stance or awkward weapon handling, or strike from obscure angles.

Every morning she wakes up she spends ten minutes to recite the small pool of spells to ensure this effect of hers stays in place. She's been a wandering mercenary for awhile now often hired as the good luck charm of a squad. Arlandia favors her company having her hired for countless missions, raids and conflicts. Of course that means outside of Arlandia it isn't unheard of for a bounty to be on her head. Thankfully luck seems to frequently be on her side.
Personality: Licia is an upbeat woman with a rather care free demeanor at almost all times. Her magic doesn't do much or reach to far but it's lead her to feel like things will always work out. She tends to be charismatic and well liked by a room by most but arguably the bane of some. The last thing a bunch of gamblers want for example is someone tipping odds in the favor of one of the last ones standing. In addition to this it does mean she is kind of bad at planning, she figures it best to just let others give her direction. As surely what does she have to worry about right?

Appearance: Standing at five foot five she's kind of small. Her hair is a rather dark auburn and eyes a bright blue. Her skin seems almost entirely unblemished or scared despite the amount of fights she's in this isn't entirely true however. Beneath her top is a trio of scars near her abdomen below her left breast and near the center of her back. Three instances she was hit in a way that some say should have been lethal she seems to have bounced back however. She usually wears black, and is equipped with a knife a sword and a small crossbow with twenty bolts.

IMG_4783.JPG
I like her, accepted.

I added my character and changed up some of his backstory if you want to know who will be leading this mission. And also you guys can be well known mercenaries or warriors but none of you know each other personally (unless you decide you want your characters to).

Azra

Post by Azra » Tue May 29, 2018 6:07 pm

FakeSkrillex wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:26 am
Awesome, had some of the ideas for her in my head already when you mentioned this so figured I'd see if I could fit it into the given rp. I really like the idea of someone who's like a good luck charm. I really like your dude. Think it'll especially be fun given contrast to the personality of him and Licia

EricRP

Post by EricRP » Tue May 29, 2018 6:11 pm

I'm interested. I'd like to throw in a sheet for a Mercenary from Sargoth please? Do I need to know anything about Sargoth (other than it's where this plague seems to have stemmed from) that you'd like me to work into the sheet?

I intend my character to have left there a decade past but to have heard of its affliction.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Tue May 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Name: Joseph vender

Backstory: "backstory........ backstory......... where did i leave that?" A man in a laboratory white apron was rummaging through several boxes as he muttered some curses at the air.

"Cure for pigs foot....... no, don't need that" he threw a phial that contained a pink liquid into the background, causing a minor explosion. He didn't seem to notice it, "treatment for itchy rash?" He gave this phial a prolonged look, then shrugged and promptly threw it on the floor. Where it pooled and prooceeded to melt through the wooden boards. "Note to self: a pinch less of sulfuric acid"

Dusting himself off, he ruffled his air and said "I can't find my backstory! I guess I could just say it, but that would be too anti-climatic. What to do?" He folded his fingers together and looked into nothing for a while.

Snapping his fingers, Joseph looked back at his visitors and practically shouted "I got it! I'll just show you my backstory, it's so simple. Here, follow me!". With that, the man started to run through the maze of haphazardly placed chemicals, all the while calling out for his audience to follow.

The man finally stopped in front of a painted picture that showed Joseph kneeling beside a clearly sick child and spoon feeding them what looked like black tar. The caption read 'hero saves village from countless death's. Grinning from ear to ear, Joseph proudly announced "are you impressed, I can tell your impressed! You should be after all, this picture portrays when I visited sargoth several Years back and saved them from some new disease"

Joseph's smile was replaced with a frown as he said with a bit less tempo in his voice "this was, of course, before the death plaque that decimated sargoth a few months back. Come to think of it......... all those children I saved are probably dead now."

After a few moments however, Joseph's smile was back as he proudly stated "but nevermind that! The point is, I'm a famous doctor *cough* famous being a relative term *cough* and it won't be long before I find a cure for this new disease, just like I've done with all the others!"

Looking at his watch, Joseph's face contorted into a worried expression "sorry friend, but it looks like i have to answer that adventures ad before I'm too late. So, in order to speed this up, I'll just belt the last stuff out of the way!" He started to pushhis audience towards the exit as he continued talking.

"I was born on this continent to wealthy nobels, which is why I'm able to afford my lab. I'm a well known scientist, as you already know, I plan on collecting blood and tissue samples on this new quest to try and make a cure, or a vaccine so I can make my name big in the name of science" he shoved the audience onto the street and grabbed the door handle

"And as for a tragic backstory................ my dog died of old age when I was just 12. Woest me!" With that, he slammed the door shut.

Personality: Joseph is often scatter brained, and erratic. He never seems to be able to pay attention to anything for a prolonged period of time.......ohhhhh shiny! Where was I? Oh yeah, Joseph

Joseph never could make any friends when he was younger, often due to his inability to think before he opened his mouth. "You look funny" "why are you so fat?" And "you smell!" All were phrases he spat out as a small lad. He didn't intend to be mean, quite the opposite, he thought he was being friendly by telling the other children about their flaws so they could correct them. He thought wrong.

Appearance:
https://goo.gl/images/wq78zt

Disclaimer: I am not the artist, I am not receiving payment for posting this. If the original artist asks me to take this down, I will.

(I am on a phone and cannot figure out how to post a proper picture on here, so I guess this link will have to do)