[REQ] SMT: Starfall

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
BenignPandora
Meaningless Title

[REQ] SMT: Starfall

Post by BenignPandora » Tue May 01, 2018 5:12 am

OOC Thread
CS Thread

14/10/2035 - 0600 UTC - Japan

On October 14th of the year 2035 a video was uploaded to the network by a citizen of Japan; this footage caused confusion at first, but the more gullible masses started to spread rumors, the skeptic remained calm however, and simply waved it off. It reached over a billion views in the first forty-eight hours before it was taken out by unknown sources. However many people had copies of the file and spread it around, the video’s deletion from the network only added to the rumors of its authenticity. Many citizens still discarded it as a farce. A week later, most of the country had at least heard of this footage. Ten days after the upload, the rumors became reality in a quick turn of events.

14/10/2035 - 2135 UTC - Global

A man sat in front of the camera; in such an angle that only his neck was visible, down to his elbows, which rested on a desk. His voice was altered to conceal his identity, and his clothes were big enough to hide his actual body type; only his hands, with long and steady fingers, always moving with his words, were bare. As he began to speak, his hands moved along.

“The fall of mankind has been predicted by many cultures and civilizations; it has been depicted in a myriad ways by each different rendition of the same event, and there appears to be no way out once they begin. It was us the ones who started everything, blindfolded by our own ambition and fear. Yes; our fear of losing control, of not being able to withstand the next blow, of being replaced by somebody else. I have done everything in my power to prevent this, but I’ve only been able to delay it, it’s inevitable.” He sighed, his hand moving out of the camera range towards where his head presumably is.

“I know that this sounds far-fetched, but we will meet the end of the world as we know it very soon, and none of us have the power to stop it. In my attempts to, again, prevent it; I have come with ways to survive it, however.” The man chuckled, placing both hands on the desk as his laughter continued. “You’ll never believe me, but it appears that technology is our friend in this… Theological situation. You’ll find it all in the files linked below.” He tapped his index finger on the desk three times, and then crossed his arms against his chest. “For security reasons, my tools will be locked until the star drops, but don’t worry; just trust me.”

After his monologue, the man stood from the desk and turned around, waving his right hand as he walked away to signal somebody outside of the vision range. Right afterwards and with haste, a small creature ran towards the camera. Its size was barely that of a child, holding what appeared to be a ladle carrying fire; the little imp messed with the camera until it stopped the recording. The last image was its wicked face, grinning. On the comments section the people gathered to express their theories on how false it all looked.

The files that would be downloaded were three; hosted in a private server accessible by anyone, DSP, Kisen Notes and finally, GateOS. Each of them taking over thirty gigabytes of storage and being classified as apps; with the exception of Kisen Notes, that was a relatively small text file and the only executable that would open. If one were to try to open it, only a pop-up with a line of text appeared.

“The OS and DSP will only work on mobile and after the server has been enabled, please keep them until then.”

24/10/2035 - 0900 UTC - Global

On this day, everything began to work out in both sides of the coin. The event that would later be referred to as "The Starfall" occurred all across the world, rendering all communications useless to regular people. Every electronic device lost contact with their wireless connections, mobile companies stopped sending signals-- In other words, anything that wasn't a short-range signal transmitter or receiver, such as a "walkie-talkie," was cut off the grid. This was the first stage of the phenomenon, which received a response almost inmmediately. In the mobile device of every person who had the "GateOS" in their files, the operative system overrode the previous one and installed itself automatically, erasing every other file in the system except for DSP and, in the case of Japan, Kisen Notes if they were present.

The chaos started only minutes after the failure of communications, which is when demons started to appear out of nowhere. Most of them only ran around, causing minor damages to public property; it was the big and more powerful demons who attacked humans in sight. The confusion alone was the cause of many deaths, but a few groups managed to shelter in the establishments they occupied at the time. It only took a few hours for the streets to become empty; most countries' military forces didn't have time to react before they were taken down by sheer numbers, only a limited number of bases were left standing at the end of the day.

25/10/2035 - 0700 UTC - Sukaiwado High, Akihabara

Many people can be found resting across the installations of the large school grounds, though not all of them are students. Several civilians who were passing by entered the building to hide from the unexpected invasion; the gates were locked from the inside after a relatively large amount of people was taken in. The whole place was shut hours before the invasion began, with the exception of the front door, allowing the majority of the demon threat to be contained outside, with a few exceptions that were quickly hunted down and slain.

This was made possible thanks to the intervention of a pair who could summon demons themselves, and were in contact with some of the students. If it weren't for their decisiveness, this place would have been just another raided building crawling with demons.

25/10/2035 - 0730 UTC - Sukaiwado High, Akihabara

Among the resting crowds, there is a small group of individuals that have been acting and preparing for the next course of action. Namely, the two summoners that had helped in securing the school the day before, and the small crew of students that were in contact with them. As expected, the activity had woken up a few individuals. Whether they helped or not was up to them, but with the current situation at hand, more people is always better.

The summoners instructed the student group to check on the ones that were awake, gather those wiling to provide any kind of support and meet up at the entrance at eight o'clock, which is when their briefing would begin. And just like the day before, they followed their instructions.

========================================

The following information should be available for every device of each person with the now installed GateOS and the "Kisen Notes" file. The notes are accessible at any moment, albeit some of them are only unlocked after certain requirements are met. In these cases, they will be marked with the requirements if public.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kisen Notes
  • Entry unintelligible

It's hard to put my thoughts into words, especially when I don't fully understand what is exactly going on, but here I go.

It seems that we share our world with other beings, ones we cannot see, but can feel and sometimes even hear. So far I've come into contact with only one, from which I am taking this information and hopefully will help me know more about them. The only thing I can say for certain is that I can, for some reason, see him now, and that nobody else I've met until now can see him. It's like he lives in a different dimension that's connected to ours, but both can affect each other indirectly. If one were to try and set a being on fire from one side to the other, it would have a rather... Abstract effect. I'll keep asking and trying new things.
  • Entry #2

I have found that the being I've been in contact with is a Demon, and he also has a name. Apparently, they are attracted by humans' desires, each depending on the density of the population and the kind of thoughts. It is only Unintelligible matters Unintelligible.
  • Entry #3

Ukobach has pointed out in different occasions the flexibility of humans and how we are capable of growing past our "pre-set conditions," unlike demons, whose destiny and personality seems to be set in stone. The little prick also seems to be fond of me, saying I can "grow stronger than his previous master." A quick research shows that his master is Beelzebub; this is either a joke or an overstatement. Perhaps this whole growth matter means we can become stronger than demons, the beings many fear? It's starting to intrigue me...
  • Entry #4

Further research, which might include harassing Ukobach, reveals that demons can eventually tap into our world when fed enough power. They also "grow" when bound to a human, and make the human gain some of their traits in turn... Which doesn't surprise me. On to the feeding subject, thUnintelligible.
  • EntUnintelligible

ERROR
  • Demons 101

These creatures I will refer to as Demons are all of those which come from outside of our reality, but formed from inside of it. They have been given shape by humans' own desires, fears, ambition and even dreams. At first, demons could only interact with this realm through abstract ways and not directly, but now they've gained a physical form and present an actual threat to the entire human race. Most of them, found in common areas or crowded zones are not very strong, and can even be labeled as "harmless" in a sense; but this is not the case for every one.

Demons are attracted to certain stimuli; places, people, emotions, anything that identifies with their nature. It's their instinct, and they rarely leave an area once they've nested themselves in. With this in mind, it is not a mistake to say "cursed" places will most likely host stronger demons, such as an occultist house or even shrines. The most logical thing to do when faced with the decision of entering a shady location is to leave, unless the situation requires it or one is confident in their own strength.

Examples of known common demons are Pixies, Gaki, Shikigami and Oni, to some extent. Albeit a demon may be classified as weak in these texts, it is only when compared to the rest of its peers, not as a whole. Never underestimate these creatures, however weak they may appear.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

GateOS and its functionalities

The GateOS is a relatively simple-to-navigate system that allows users to stay connected to its own servers, apart from the general network which was taken down minutes before it first “launched.” Asides from being capable of installing itself automatically in virtually any hardware, it serves as identification. Once the system boots for the first time, the user is prompted with the menu screen, with all of its functions locked except for “Register;” that asks for a full name and nickname, which will be used in the future. After they have both been inputted, the system will connect to the network and assign the user an e-mail address relevant to their nickname, holding the “@gate.os” domain. Once this is finished, the rest of the functions are unlocked and the user is registered as a civilian.

(Side note: The data on the device can be stored on the network for back-up at any moment, and some apps will store the data automatically. To transfer device ownership, a Gatekeeper clearance is needed.)
  • Map - "It doesn't work as a comeback for 'get lost'."

It allows you to view your current location by using previously-uploaded data of your locale. For unknown or unvisited areas, you can update the information by using the device's cameras to draw a digital map of the surroundings. Additionally, any uploader can write a note on an area for future reference.
  • Mailing System/RSS Feed - "Calling your mom for help was never this easy!"

By using the standalone servers in which the GateOS network runs, an e-mail system is made operational. It uses the auto-assigned address given to each device holder during the OS' first run, and allows for subscriptions to news channels (Under maintenance) of different regions. As expected, it also works as a direct, private mailing system between users.
  • Short-Ranged Waves Communication System (Walkie talkie) - "I still can't think of anything."

As its name implies, it uses the same old, yet reliable, system that short-range wave radios posses, allowing your device to become a walkie talkie in a single touch. The frequencies can be changed at will, and the most-used ones can be saved for ease of access. It allows for communications between distances up to five hundred meters away. (Note that the range might differ due to hardware limitations.)
  • Demon Summoning Program - "Summon demons you fool."

This one's a bit tricky, and for our own safety the way it works will be left out on purpose. Its function, however, is to store demons that have agreed to come with you as their new master inside your device. There is a limit of how many can be stored, and that depends entirely on clearance; for regular citizens the limit is one. Each of its functions, such as "summon" or "retrieve" have been labeled accordingly to avoid confusion. As a side note, a demon that has been summoned cannot be retrieved unless it is directly in front of the user (Approximate range).

Options:
    • Summon Demon - Used to call forth a demon stored in your device, cannot be used if there are none or all have been summoned.
    • Retrieve Demon - The opposite of Summon, it calls the demon back into the device if it is within range. Note that the demon must've been summoned first from within a device for this to work.
    • Capture Demon - If a slot is available and a demon within range is willing to come with you, this option should be highlighted, meaning it's available. It allows you to obtain a new demon for future usage.
    • Party - This displays the demons that are currently summoned and/or stored, and is the place from where you can call them forth.
  • Compendium - "And you can’t even remember your own phone number."

It stores the information of each demon that has come into contact with the user, be it in combat, negotiation or having agreed to work for you. Please note that the data doesn’t carry over to the servers and is instead dependant on your own progress. You are able to add any kinds of notes on the demons appearing in this database, as well. The displayed information includes its name, appearance, the place where it was encountered (Places if numerous encounters) and basic background/origins if possible.

======================================

This is one idea I've been considering for months but never had the audacy to try out. Now I've finally done it and hopefully it'll gather more attention than... Well, let's not talk about it. :'')

As you see, it's inspired by the SMT multiverse, you don't need to know about it beforehand to join this as everything that needs explaining will be; though having previous experience might help. (Not to mention references and whatnot are easier to get.) Questions, like always, are welcome and encouraged if you have any doubts.

Rules! And guidelines, kinda.

Follow the site's rules, as per usual.
Godmodding, killing off others' characters without permission from them or myself, anything that is considered breaking the lines of a good RPer, don't do it. That gets you a warning or an immediate kick out depending on the offense.
No, there is no age limit, go wild.
Romance is... Well, not forbidden, at the very least.
Keep IC in the RP thread and OOC in the OOC thread, that includes feelings and situations. Remember that your character is the one angry at the other person's, not you two in real life, no drama is a good policy for a healthy group. That said, if there does happen to be drama, I'll handle it.
No, you won't like me handling dramatic situations.
About creating a character... Think of this as a slice-of-life, it'll make it all easier. Yes, forget that there are demons around. :0
Jokes and scoldings aside, always remember to have fun.~

I'll post the CS in a bit.
Last edited by BenignPandora on Sun May 27, 2018 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Swallowed hook, line, sinker and copy of angling times." - All of you

BenignPandora
Meaningless Title

Re: SMT: Starfall

Post by BenignPandora » Tue May 01, 2018 5:16 am

CS Model

Name:
*ID: (Nickname & E-mail)
*ID Type: (For those without knowledge of what this is, fill this with the word "Civilian.")
Quirks:
Device/Files: Do you currently have your mobile device on you? (If you own any on the first place, that is) Additionally, list which files, if any, were on your device at the moment of the Starfall.
Pre-set Relationships: [List the other character/s yours know/s beforehand, and from where]
Bio:
Appearance:
Extra:

* Fields to be filled only by those who possess a mobile device with GateOS and had the time to mess with it after the Starfall, if not, leave it blank for now.

Yes, I've purposedly left out the Personality section, it'll be replaced by something more interactive. Don't worry about it. x:
Last edited by BenignPandora on Sun May 06, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wint
Member+

Re: [REQ] SMT: Starfall

Post by Wint » Thu May 03, 2018 11:32 pm

OOH, THIS IS SO COOOOL
Totally interested
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

Dragonqtz

Post by Dragonqtz » Fri May 04, 2018 7:01 am

Hello! Here is my character. I don't really know what this is based off of, so please let me know if I need to add anything. Cool idea for an rp! :3

Edit: I have given him more of a bio, please let me know if I still need more. :)

Name: Tomi Yukimura

ID: mariosucks, mariosucks@gate.os

ID Type: Civilian

Quirks: He will bite his thumb when he's thinking really hard.

Device/Files: Smartphone, Kisen Notes and GateOS

Bio:
Tomi lived in Jiyugoaka with his mother and father until the age of 4. At this point, Tomi's mother and father got divorced because Tomi's father was having an affair. After the divorce, Tomi's mother could no longer afford their apartment in Jiyugoaka and instead moved to Ueno where rent prices were very cheap. At six years old, Tomi started school, but found it difficult to fit in. Other students didn't like Tomi, and often used his good nature to treat him as a doormat, as well as making fun of how poor he was. He eventually became very shy in school and withdrew from his classmates. He became obsessed with video games and played them alone at home while his mother was often away working, not coming home until late in the night.

Because of his mother's consistent absence, and having few to no friends at school, Tomi became very independent. By the time he was 11 years old, he could cook, clean, and do the housework as well as any stay at home wife. Despite school not being the most pleasant social experience, Tomi was a bright student, and became hyper focused on his studies. He decided at age 12 that he was going to work in bioinformatics and did everything possible to get good grades. He got a job at 15 years old, and eventually saved up enough money for him and his mother to move to Akihabara, where Tomi would be able to get into a better school than the ones at Ueno. He was accepted into Sukaiwado High while in the middle of his second year of high school.

Tomi had seen the video about the end of the world and while, he didn't usually take with superstitious nonsense, he decided that there was no harm in downloading the apps to his phone anyways. He rarely used it to talk to others and really just used it as a planner more than anything. His mother had given him the phone as a birthday present, and while it was much older than the fancy smartphones Tomi saw at school, it still worked pretty well.

Appearance:
He is rather short at 5 ft 4 inches and keeps a clean appearance. He has trouble seeing things from a distance and thus uses glasses to correct his vision. He also has a scar on the back of his right hand from a workplace accident.

Extra: Despite being a huge video game nerd, Tomi is not a big fan of the Mario franchise as he is terrible at platformers.
Last edited by Dragonqtz on Sun May 06, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"If you don't like the movie, then quit acting." ~ Mr. Pitiful by Matt Costa

SuXeSoN

Post by SuXeSoN » Sat May 05, 2018 4:42 am

CS

Name: Ishima, Sayo

ID: Mayo; Mayo@gate.os (It's the last syllables of her surname and given name respectively. Plus, she finds it cute.)

ID Type: Gatekeeper

Quirks:
• She now says "Hee~Ho!~", like Jack Frost does, as a exclamation.

Device/Files:
• Has her mobile phone with her
• She has kept GateOS, Kisen Notes, and DSP

Pre-set Relationships:
Ryu Tokiyami - The younger brother of a close friend of hers. Since his older sister took her own life, Sayo has been taking him in since she's doesn't want the same to happen to him. Being an only child, keeping him around was a pretty neat experience. She hopes he would open up to her some more though.

Tetsuya Matsuoka - An underclassman and fellow student at Sukaiwado High. They met by being peers at Kendo Club, but they didn't get beyond small talk until she found out that he was a new Gatekeeper. Since then, she's been talking to him about the Starfall, demons, and other things.

Tomi Yukimura - All Sayo knows about him is his name and that he's a senpai of his. Not much else. (Dragon, feel free to tell me if you feel like having this changed ^^)

Bio:
Little Sayo used to live in the rural areas of the Chiba province for as long as she could remember. Life there was slow, simple, and it kept her rather content. Which doesn't say anything since it's easy to keep young children content. However, the highlight of her young years was no one other than her grandma. Who was apparently a seer. While Sayo's mother and father didn't really believe in her fortune telling nonsense, she was the nicest granny. Come to think of it, the whole family was actually pretty nice as a whole. It was just Sayo, her mother and father, and her granny, living together rather peacefully. Although, her parents were busy a lot, and they often went to Tokyo via bullet train as part of their jobs. Anyway, back to my point. Sayo usually stuck around with her granny. Who told her many stories about youkai and the occult. In fact, she even gave her tarot readings a few times. Now, these weren't your usual cold readings. These readings were always so oddly specific, stuff like: "I see in your near future a vile-presence. With rabies. Bring an umbrella to school tomorrow, it won't rain but you'll need it." The next day, she shoo'ed off a mad dog by wildly swinging an umbrella, she was 7. At some point Sayo began to fully trust hed grandma's odd readings. And they usually end up in Sayo's benefit. Although, a grim reading came one day when she drew the Tower Major Arcana. A sign of doom and disaster, and the worst card in the tarot deck.
"I will not be myself for much longer..." She managed to broke through the eerie silence preceding the reveal of the card. "I will fall from grace, and I'll no longer be by your side. Dementia." Needless to say, Sayo believed this, and went through sleepless nights dreading when will it come.

A week later, her grandma was diagnosed. Her warmth quickly faded, and her healthy skin grew pale overnight. "We've never seen anything like it." The doctor said. Her personality changed so drastically that Sayo had no choice but to stay home while her parents took care of her in the hospital. She would be forever traumatized by her cruel words that were as sharp as steel. "Go away bitch! You're of no use to me!"

Poor girl was only 10.

She didn't know what happened to her granny, but she always suspected that it was something to do with her talent to see the future. It was the only viable reason. There was no way the sudden onset of dementia was natural.

Fast-forward a few months, Sayo and her parents moved into an apartment in Tokyo. While the pain of grandma's passing lingered, Sayo's a strong child who's able to move on in life. The lost of a loved one broke her, then reformed her into a kind child with a empathetic heart.

She got good grades, worked hard, assumed leadership positions, and did everything a good student should be. Just like what her grandma would've wanted. She managed to get herself into Sukaiwado High, the most prestigious school around. She made friends and everyone liked her as the class representative. Her life was pretty unremarkable until the next Winter.

"Hee~Ho!~" She heard a squeaky, childish voice inside a small abandoned building as she was getting back from school. Now, it was only the beginning of Winter, and the snow was thin, but there was a lot of frost built up on the window of the building. Very unusual. Her mind went blank upon hearing the voice, she reached for the door knob without thinking. Before her hand even touched it, a gust of chilling wind from inside blew it open. "Hee~Ho!~ After such a long time of hide and seek! Ho! A human has found me!" A white and blue doll-like figure approached the door, and that was how Sayo met Jack Frost, a demon. "You're a rather cute demon though." Sayo would often say.

Life after that meeting became a bit more exciting. An organization called the Gatekeepers found her holding Jack Frost like it was a doll while walking to school. They recruited her, and warned her of the approaching world's end. She began to see more demons, but since they weren't tangible, there was nothing she could do but train herself and Jack Frost for the Starfall.

Her 2nd year of High school came, she became student representative again. She started Kendo club in hopes of being able to train herself. Unfortunately, a series of unfortunate events caused a close friend's suicide. Due to certain circumstances, she took in the friend's younger brother, keeping him safe, and tried to prepare him for the Starfall without revealing too much. Then, when it happened, she and another summoner lead some members of the school against waves of demons.

Appearance:
• Deep blue eyes.
• Black, shoulder-length hair, as seen in image.
• Stands at several inches above the average for Japanese women. She's 5'5", or 165 cm.
• Weights 49 kg, or 108 lbs.
Extra:
•She's slightly short-sighted, with 20/60 vision. While she could do without her glasses. She could get a mild headache reading a lot from a long enough distance.

Demon CS

Name: Jack Frost

Race: Fairy

Affinity: Drains Ice, Weak to Fire

Compendium Entry:
A spirit originating from England. He is a snow elf who brings in cold weather during the winter and is thought to be responsible for the frost that forms on the windows of homes and buildings.

Capabilities:
Exerts ice shards from his hands and mouth, and causes ice to form around an object or entity. While it doesn't look like it, Jack Frost could also throw a mean punch.

Appearance:

Personal Notes: Cute lil' guy that likes snow cones, snow ice, ice cream, and even bingsu! His powers are even amplified after eating!

Last edited by SuXeSoN on Sat May 05, 2018 4:42 am, edited 21 times in total.
If you clean your vacuum cleaner, you're making your vacuum cleaner, and you're a vacuum cleaner.

Loyal to none but the one true King... OZYMANDIO-DA!

BenignPandora
Meaningless Title

Post by BenignPandora » Sat May 05, 2018 5:11 am

I'm working on a few things under the courtains while I'm not posting here, just so you know in case you feel there's things missing... *cough*Compendium*cough* I'll also put up one of my CS soon, and hopefully the rest (NPCs included) before we start the RP (Which won't happen, I'm sure I'll keep updating with NPC CS if necessary as the RP goes on).

As for the CS, Dragonqtz, maybe you could expand a bit on his biography? Include things such as where he studies (Or studied, in this case, lol) and his current situation. Since I'm accepting characters that don't necessarily start within the safety of Sukaiwado, I'd like it if you could be a bit specific on it. It'll also help put more density on it.~ Perhaps something relevant that happened during his past, it tends to build up on the character.

[Pre-posting edit]

Scratch that, I'm posting one of my CS now, since I have it on me at the moment. Also, heyo SuX.
  • Name: Kisen, Masato
  • ID: Ichiro / ichiro@gate.os
  • ID Type: Gatekeeper / Researcher / Developer
  • Quirks:
    • He likes to talk to himself. If caught off guard, he can be witnessed having entire conversations.
    • He doesn’t like to use the summoning program, ironically, and will refrain from using a demon other than Ukobach unless it becomes an actual necessity.
  • Device/Files: Functional and on him at all times, possessing all released GateOS-related files.
  • Bio: His past is as much of a mystery as his intentions to most people, this man always seems to be hiding something even from himself. What is known about Masato is that he used to be the former PR manager of Index Corporation, and retired shortly before the CEO of said company took his own life. The involvement of Masato with the Gatekeepers started months before the Starfall and is one of the people who made the GateOS and DSP possible, as well as the author of Kisen Notes.
  • Appearance: Masato stands nearly 184cms (6'7"), weighs no less than 79kgs (174lbs) on an average day, though his weight fluctuates one or two kilos every now and then. His hair is of a jet-black color and reaches down to his neck, is slicked back except for the sides which have a strand falling down to his cheeks. His eyes possess a clear gray shade, under them are slight bags that show little amount of sleep. Masato’s body is slim, but slightly toned from physical work.
  • Extra:
    • He started smoking at the age of 22, but has kept it hidden from his relatives to maintain a clean image of himself. Nowadays he smokes when put under heavy stress or anxiety.
Demon CS
  • Name: Ukobach
  • Race: Fallen
  • Affinities: Drains Fire / Weak against Ice
  • Compendium Entry: A lesser demon of Hell. Ukobach has no free will and will only follow the commands of higher demons. He is in charge of maintaining the oil in the infernal boilers, and will often torture the souls trapped in Hell. Ukobach's only ability is to start fires.
  • Personal Notes: Quite the energic brat, he is.
  • Appearance:

SuXeSoN

Post by SuXeSoN » Sat May 05, 2018 5:17 am

Wow.. That Bio went from 0 to 100 in a way I didn't think it would. Ah well... I'll add more to her Bio later. It's like... 50% done. I think.
If you clean your vacuum cleaner, you're making your vacuum cleaner, and you're a vacuum cleaner.

BenignPandora
Meaningless Title

Post by BenignPandora » Sun May 06, 2018 6:27 am

By the by, guys, I added the long-forgotten "Pre-set relationships" field to the CS model, make sure to add it on yours just in case.

Dragonqtz, it looks so much better now. I don't think it's lacking anything. Just a question though, about the files on his device, did you forget to add DSP or left it out on purpose?

And if you're wondering about the Demon CS, don't worry about it at the moment. Everything will be explained in due time.~

I'll try to upload my other CS in a bit...

BenignPandora
Meaningless Title

Post by BenignPandora » Sun May 06, 2018 7:35 am

Also, Dragonqtz, in what year is your character? I just want to make sure I get things right, since he's 18, he should be in 3rd year unless he got dragged down.

Oh hey, another CS.
  • Name: Matsuoka, Tetsuya
  • ID: Index / Index@gate.os
  • ID Type: Gatekeeper
  • Quirks:
    • He tends to press and rub his right thumb against his left palm to help him focus, relax, or when absent-minded. He does it a lot.
    • Amittedly, he prefers to walk around bare-footed, claiming it's more comfortable for him.
  • Device/Files: Functional and on him at all times, possessing all released GateOS-related files.
  • Pre-set Relationships:
    • Ishima, Sayo - An upperclass mate first met on the Kendo club at school, then introduced as a Gatekeeper.
    • Kisen, Masato - Their relationship is one-sided, with Tetsuya being the one who looks up to Kisen and not the other way around. In fact, the latter prefers to have as little contact as possible with Tetsuya, despite being him the one who got him in the Gatekeepers in the first place.
  • Bio: Tetsuya was the second son that his parents had, and grew up to very indifferent parents, always focusing their attention and putting all the pressure on their first son. Most of his childhood memories are blurry to him at this point of life, what with being ignored and nothing relevant happening for the first eight years. After turning eight, however, his older brother moved out of the house and basically disappeared from their lives. Only keeping contact with Tetsuya from time to time, and barely talking about his personal life.

At this point, the young Tetsuya started receiving more attention from his parents, but only because their favored option was no longer available. They pressured him the same way as his older brother, but without the hopes they had for their firstborn. A few years later, his parents got divorced, and he got to stay with his somewhat kinder mother. Thanks to the divorce, things were a bit more lax for him at home, but the lack of interest was still there—or, well, the interest was not there. Tetsuya began to realize why his brother had left the way he did, and planned to do the same as soon as he could.

One day, a notice came by; Tetsuya’s father had taken his own life. The reason was unknown, but the assumptions were there. Maybe because of the divorce, the “loss” of his first son, and a certain leak at his company that made him lose control of his finances. For Tetsuya this was just another day, it didn’t affect him nearly as much as the divorce had, at least.

His grades were excellent, his attendance near perfect, and he was part of multiple extracurricular activities. Not to mention that he studied in the prestigious Sukaiwado High. All of this was suddenly thrown out the window the day he found out about an organization going by the name “Gatekeepers,” or rather, they found him. Ever since, his life gave a hundred and eighty degrees turn, just like his priorities. After being taken into one of their bases and, supposedly, being marked, he was able to see the beings they called demons.

Almost immediately he became a part of them, both due to own merits and recommendations from higher positions. Tetsuya was told of the incoming event only weeks before it happened, allowing him to barely prepare for the situation. He found out that people he knew beforehand had been involved in this as well, it shouldn't have surprised him as it did, but it did anyways. It felt pressuring, to be part of the "response team" instead of the scared student in a situation like this. Even so, Tetsuya did his best and followed instructions during the "Starfall," which ended in a not-so-horrendous way on his side. At the end of the day he was given a digital test, and alongside it a demon on behalf of the organization; this was so he would help the others on the incoming task the next morning...
  • Appearance: The young man’s last medical exam showed his weight at 68kgs and stature at 174cms, his body is very well-toned from all his Kendo practices, albeit hidden by the school’s uniform. His face features are partially round, soft cheek bones, but a defined jaw line. His eyebrows make a generous curve above two gray-colored eyes. His hair, jet-black in color, is pulled back on the left side and loose on the right, the length goes down to the neck on the back and under his chin on the front.
  • Extra:
    • He is left-handed.
    • One of the school activities in which he took part was the Kendo team. This would become one of his most prioritized extracurricular after joining the Gatekeepers.
Demon CS
  • Name: Tam Lin
  • Race: Genma
  • Affinity: Weak to Darkness, resists Light
  • Compendium Entry: A faerie knight from Scotland. As a member of the Seelie Court, he is charged with protecting Carterhaugh. He was originally a child from the area, but after his kidnapping by the faeries at age nine, he took up their ways.
  • Capabilities: Can create a blinding light that causes burns similar to the effect of vampires under the sun, he is very strong physically and can handle multiple foes with his spear. Additionally, he can shift weaker demons' attention towards others, being able to sneak past by them.
  • Appearance:

• Personal Notes: He... Doesn't look like a fairy.
Last edited by BenignPandora on Sat May 12, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

SuXeSoN

Post by SuXeSoN » Sun May 06, 2018 12:34 pm

CS

Name: Tokiyami, Ryu

ID: Drake; drake@gate.os

ID Type: Civilian

Quirks:
• None I could think of...

Device/Files:
• Is currently in possession of his mobile phone
• Following Sayo's instructions. he has kept the DSP, GateOS, and Kisen Notes files

Pre-set Relationships:

Sayo Ishima - Ryu first met her a year ago when her older sister, Yui, invited her over. They managed to get along since, but they were nowhere near close. However, he deeply appreciates how she took him in her own home to keep him from his abusive parents ever since. It was natural they got closer after a while. While he knows fully well she's not a replacement, he sometimes thinks of her as an older sister. But he would be too stubborn to openly admit it.

Bio:
Ryu was the younger sibling of two. The other being his older sister, Yui, who is 5 years older than him. While they were far from wealth, the Tokiyami household manages to get by.

That is until the family's stability shattered in a blink of an eye.

While it wasn't a good sign that the children were physically punished from time to time, it only got worse when their father was fired from his job due to a misunderstanding involving the boss's daughter. They barely managed to get by with both parents working. But now that one is out of a job, things only went downhill. The fact that the father might be having an affair only made things worse. This was when Ryu was in elementary, but even then, he was mature enough to understand what's going on. The fights that kept going on and on in the house made him stay out as long as possible. Usually going to the houses of some friends nearby. But being the quiet kid he is, he never talked to them about his parents.

He also didn't notice that the only reason he was able to stay out all of the time was that because his sister was getting twice the beatings. He didn't notice the pressure she was getting to get into a good high school. Which she did. But even so, they weren't quite so satisfied. Ryu himself noticed this when he saw the growing purple on her skin, and how she wore a scarf in the middle of summer. It was alarming to him, but he didn't know what to do. Being the younger sibling, it didn't feel right for him to talk to her. He was relieved when Yui brought a friend home from high school one day though. He thought that some supportive, friendly company would give her sanctuary.

Turns out, this solace was merely temporary. As she never came home one day, months after he started middle school. Ryu never knew what pushed his sister off the edge. Maybe the abuse just built up until she couldn't take it anymore. Whatever it was, he regretted not being able to speak to her sooner. To add more fuel to the fire, he was afraid that he would be the next target for abuse too. Fortunately, the same friend who Yui brought home contacted him. Asked him how he was dealing with his loss and so on and so forth. While he was cautious and defensive at first, the girl, Sayo Ishima, seemed genuinely concerned. Enough to offer him a place to stay whenever he needed it. Which, of course, he declined at first. But after his midterm exams during late September, his parents flipped after seeing that his report card was missing a few As, which he received a full on kick in the stomach from his much bigger father. Deciding that he had enough, he took Ishima's offer and packed up that very same night. Toiletries, school uniform, pajamas, etc. He wasn't planning to come back very soon. He escaped the house way after midnight, as his parents were late sleepers. He successfully got out. But the long part was travelling. He couldn't afford to be seen with his packed bags in public, as it would look very suspicious in the middle of the night. So he was unable to take the train. He walked a whole 45 minutes to the address Sayo gave him, going into dark alleyways and avoiding contact with as many people as possible. The girl was rather shocked to see him so worn out with a full pack at 4 in the morning. He blocked his parents' numbers, and provided a full explanation to Sayo's parents in the morning. Who struggled to let a boy stay under the same roof as their daughter. But after some reasoning from Sayo, they allowed it.

It wasn't too long until the video about the end of the world showed up. Ryu would usually be the kind of person who wouldn't bother. However, Sayo insisted that it was real. He's believed none of that until her "doll", Jack Frost, came to life and blew chilling wind from his mouth, into his face. That's when he discovered the existence of demons. Even starting to see them at school since then. While it's all still very preposterous to him, he decided to believe her, and prepared for the end of the world.

Appearance:
• Naturally Dark Brown hair. (Darker than shown in image.)
• Brown Eyes
• Stands at 4'6, or 137 cm
• Weighs 82 lbs, or 37 kg.
Extra:
Last edited by SuXeSoN on Thu May 10, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.