[1x1] A Dance In The Shadows

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
ariagrey

[1x1] A Dance In The Shadows

Post by ariagrey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:57 pm

f6e6466a94dd82a555f3dde47670116d.jpg
f6e6466a94dd82a555f3dde47670116d.jpg (240.16 KiB) Viewed 322 times
It had been three weeks since she last saw him. Three long and suspenseful weeks. As Auri looked out the window of the book shop, she cursed under her breath, sheets of rain covering the city. Quickly grabbing the books she had come for, she made her way to the register, hoping that if she left now she'd make it home before the rain got too heavy.

The cashier made small talk with her. She always hated small talk. It was never genuine and always boring. "Thanks." Was all she said before grabbing her bag. Pulling the hood of her clear poncho over head, she made sure her books were covered before heading out to brave the wetness.

A buzzing came from her pocket, causing her to stop under an awning of a coffee shop. Auri pulled out her cell phone, her best friends name appearing on the screen. She hesitated only a moment before answering.

"Hey Gigi, what's up?" Auri continued walking, knowing how her friend liked to talk. "Hey chica, where are you? When are we going to try that new Chinese place on West?" Auri laughed as she crossed an intersection. "Is food all you think about?" Although she couldn't see her, Auri could hear the frown in Gigi's voice. "Not all of us can live on tea and chips!" Again Auri laughed, seeing her apartment two blocks up. "Down girl, we can check it out this weekend. Maybe get some drinks afterwards?" There was a brief silence where Auri wondered if she lost connection. "Oooh, alright. Now you're talkin'! So Saturday at the usual time? I have so much to tell you! You wont believe what happened to me at work yesterday!" Auri began to slow down, noticing what looked like a figure standing on her balcony. "Um, yeah. Sounds good." The closer she got, the bigger the pit in her stomach grew. "Hey, you okay? You sound worried? And not at all excited about me news." Gigi huffed on the other end of the line. "Uh, yeah I'm fine. You know, I have to go. I'll talk to you Saturday. Love you, bye." She hung up before giving Gigi a chance to pry.

Auri finally arrived in front of her apartment and was realizing the sinking feeling in her stomach was well placed. It was him. She swore after the three weeks of not seeing him that he was gone for good. Why did he come back now? He had been showing up to her for a year, never saying a word, simply staring at her. She had no clue who he was or even what he was, because somehow he always made inside her apartment even though she checked all the locks three times. Her heart felt like it was going to jump out of her chest as she stared at him from below, too afraid to face him.

[Looking for a male partner to play the mystery man. I definitely want to add some fantasy or supernatural element to this, I'll let what exactly that may be up to you. Romance wanted as well, preferably the slow burn. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.]

ariagrey

Re: [1x1] A Dance In The Shadows

Post by ariagrey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Cs:

Name: Auri Winters

Race: Human

Macnor

Post by Macnor » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Sounds interesting, yyou have any preferences on the male's CS?

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Macnor wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:03 pm
Not particularly. You don't have to be human if you don't want. If you are human, I'd prefer your character be in late 20's to early 30's.

Macnor

Post by Macnor » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:27 pm

ariagrey wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:11 pm
Macnor wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:03 pm
Not particularly. You don't have to be human if you don't want. If you are human, I'd prefer your character be in late 20's to early 30's.
Alright then, I'll take a shot. I don't have a lot to work with but I'll do my best.

Name: Matthew Bennett

Appearance: https://goo.gl/images/Krs85g

Race: Human?

Abilities: Matthew seems to have some magical abilities. He moves extremely quickly, crossing entire buildings in mere seconds. He also appears to be able to lift more weight than any man his size should be able to. He may have other abilities, but it is uncertain if he even knows what they are.

Macnor

Post by Macnor » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:33 pm

Also, we could do this via discord if you want.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:02 am

Bump