G.A.T.E.S Academy [REQ][Still Open]

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
databaseoverload
Bronze

G.A.T.E.S Academy [REQ][Still Open]

Post by databaseoverload » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:46 am

Music has a powerful influence over humanity today. Nearly any electronic device has the power to play music. Businesses are made from creating or using music. The average teenager has listened to over 250 songs by the time they become thirteen years old.

But what if musc had an ever more powerful influence?

Recent studies show that when teenagers are exposed to a specific song more than any other song they've listened to, the song may trigger previously undiscovered hormones that allow the teenager to tap into related abilities. In layman's terms, a teenager's favorite song gives them powers.

Even odder, the powers gained by the songs are related to the song itself. Whether it be related to the title, the lyrics, or the music video, the song triggers abilities that seem to have some obvious relation to the song. For example, one study shows that when repeatedly exposed to the song Thriller by Michael Jackson, a teenager gained the ability to summon and control the undead. Another study shows that one teenager listening to the song Timber by Kesha and Pitbull gained the ability to control trees, wood, and other materials created by trees, (excluding oxygen) while another teenager listening to the same song gained the ability to force humans to dance.

So does this mean that everyone who wants to be the life of the party should start listening to Timber? As humorous as this may seem, this could be dangerous and abusable. Not only could there be unwanted side effects to the use of these hormones, but the powers gained by listening to music may either be difficult to control and cause the user to accidentally hurt themselves or others, or abused maliciously to attack, rob, kill, or control others, or worse.

This debate is still causing controversy between friends, families, and even officials, but what is to be done for those already affected by these hormones? Not only are they potentially dangerous to both those around them and themselves, but a "solution" of making the use or existence of these hormones liable to a death sentence for the user has already been suggested and supported.

This is why our children have been offered a special facility, G.A.T.E.S. (Gifted Accidentally and Talented Extraordinary Students.) Academy. Here, our children will be protected from the misunderstanding public and government officials. They will also be taught how to control their powers to the point of where they could go out in the public without anyone even suspecting them of having powers. Our children will also gain the skills and knowledge that everyday civilians are equipped with. Without being here, our children can become a danger to our society.

They will become something to fear.

~~~~~~~~~

Being here wasn’t your choice. You would give anything to be on the outside again. People fear you. They don’t understand you.

You were told this was a school, but as time goes on, it feels more and more like a prison. You feel so helpless here. Everyday, the staff tries to repress your free will, they say you can’t control yourself. Maybe they are right, maybe it’s time to stop controlling yourself.

Rules:
1) No OP, I get it, it’s tempting in these kind of rps to go overboard, but I’d rather it not be.
2) Your power MUST be related to your song.
3) No killing unless the person you're killing gives you permission.
4) Honestly, be creative with your characters. Not everyone is going to be nice.

If you recognize this in any way it’s because it was something me and a friend made in 2012 so it’s old as shit! I was eventually given full rights to the rp and have changed it quite a bit. I actually haven’t used it since 2016 but I was reminded of it recently and thought why not?

CS

Name:

Age(13-18):

Appearance:

Personality:

Song(I would prefer not to have repeats):

Power(Must relate to song):

*Relatives(If in RP):

*Other:
Go ahead and buy yourself a drink
Cause you know you’re deserving of it
Go ahead and cry yourself to sleep

Actual Trash

Re: G.A.T.E.S Academy [REQ]

Post by Actual Trash » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 am

*kicks down door* HELLO

I saw Academy RP with powers and well hi I’m a sucker for them so I am all of the interest
The Rubbish has arrived!✨| Art Thread

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:35 am

Do we post our CSs here?

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:20 am

If this is the wrong place to post it just lemme know and I cant move it elsewhere. Also if anything clashes with your concept I can edit accordingly ^v^

-Character Sheet-

Name: Kunnia "Nia" Shoris

Appearance: 5'10, willowy and slender. When her powers activated, a great deal of the color in her appearance seemed to drain away, as if lowering her noticeability. This left her with dark grey hair, slate grey eyes and pale white skin. She tens to prefer plain, loose clothing and a hat or cap of some sort. Her choice in bright lipsticks is the only real splash of color, even that seeming to dull merely by being on her person.

Personality: Nia is a quiet, curt sort. Since not many people take notice of her despite her height and without the use of her powers, she hasn't had many chances to interact with others, leaving her social skills a bit lacking. She tends to prefer the company of animals over humans, and her leisure activities include sleep and drawing. An outdoorsy type, she isn't exactly an athlete, but certainly likes outdoor activities. Her opinions of people are often formed within the first minute of meeting them, and can be difficult to undo. A person who relies on her instincts a great deal, if her gut warns her against something, she listens. Nia also has a deep seated weakness for cute, soft things, and happens to be in possession of a rather large collection of stuffed animals.

Song: Shannon Saunders- Atlas

Power: Derived from the lyrics "My eyes see you, I see you but you don't see me". She has the ability to turn away people's gazes, and become all but invisible while still remaining in the visible spectrum. To go unnoticed or acknowledged as it were.

Relatives: Mother and fraternal twin younger siblings.

Other:
She owns a hedgehog named Abbot Humble, after a character from one of her favorite Redwall books.
Nia bakes. Often and well.
Last edited by Actual Trash on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrWyler

Post by MrWyler » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:15 am

I feel like ive seen this kind of RP before. It was a very long time ago so i might be wrong.
Who am I? Someone thats afraid to let go...

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:42 pm

I'm very interested in this, but I'm also very embarresed to reveal the music I listen to lol
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:43 am

Sorry I’ve been off! I got my wisdom teeth out, ow. But I’m back and will read that cs shortly and I’m excited for anyone else who wants to join!
Go ahead and buy yourself a drink
Cause you know you’re deserving of it
Go ahead and cry yourself to sleep

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:53 am

Ouch! Yeah, no problem. Take your time and recover well! 0-0

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:36 am