[REQ] [SCI] C17-H21-NO2 (open)

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
TehMagicPudding

Re: [SCI] C17-H21-NO2

Post by TehMagicPudding » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:50 am

Name: Hiroyuki Dale
Alias: Jeeves
Species: Android

Skills: Encyclopedic knowledge of hacking jargon. Armed bodyguard programming. Personal assistant programming. Internal computer. Fully equipped for your pleasure, to his shame.
Gear: Carbon nanotube armored clothing. Cooking supplies.
Weapons: Colt Americana LV-429 9mm Handgun
Accessories: Fine jewelry and suit.

Role: Assistant. Hiroyuki fully capable butler, secretary, computer, and bodyguard who takes no bull from the lesser gang members.
Personality: Hiroyuki is a perpetual straight man, completely nonplussed by the darker acts of the gang. He tends to roll his eyes at wanton cruelty and misanthropy. Mention of his old girlfriend incites sheer fury in Hiroyuki. His guilty pleasures include heavy metal and Spanish soap operas, which he is very passionate about.
Bio: Hiroyuki was originally a simple NeoWeb Model 619 personal companion android, custom built by Samantha Dale, a hacker who originally worked for Reptile. Samantha was a paranoid recluse who modified and upgraded Hiroyuki to be her personal bodyguard. Throughout the years he developed his straight laced personality as he witnessed the gang's rise and fall, keeping Samantha safe from backstabbing and assassination attempts.
After the raid, Samantha and Hiroyuki went on the run. The traumatic experience made Samantha rely heavily on Hiroyuki for emotional support, forming an unhealthy romantic relationship with her android. The two lived off of Samantha's technical skills, with Hiroyuki being upgraded to be her technical assistant. The two were barely getting by, until Samantha caved to the stress and committed suicide the day before the call came out for Reptile to reform.
With nothing left for himself and no better ideas, Hiroyuki followed the trail to Nu-San, to the rebuilt Reptile Inc. He established himself as a butler and covert bodyguard to the boss.
Appearance:
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

ash_minx

Post by ash_minx » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:05 am

Well in these types of roleplays, I've always been interested in either cyborg or Android. It's very hard for me to follow along in this genre so I need something that I can rely on to entertain me. I'll take another position then, if you're unsure about the right hand. I'm very pleased with how you decided to have the A.I., most would have it programmed to a certain task and wouldn't have much of a personality spectrum. This gives me a chance to think about it all more.
"Dreams are certainly nice, but aren't nightmares more exciting?"

Quirbles
Advanced Mod

Post by Quirbles » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Not doing android anymore, going with a regular human. I assume cyborgs are heavily modified. There could be humans with metal prosthetics, correct?

cz_invazion

Post by cz_invazion » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Correct, that also includes eyes and hearing implants
Remember, when you go to war. If peace doesn't work carry the bigger stick.

cz_invazion

Post by cz_invazion » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:19 pm

Update: added another branch to roles

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Is my character accepted or does he need changes?

cz_invazion

Post by cz_invazion » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:42 pm

TehMagicPudding wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:28 pm
Is my character accepted or does he need changes?
Been at work all day so I haven't had dthe chance to reply but yeah you doog

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Yey

Quirbles
Advanced Mod

Post by Quirbles » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Name: Armand Hültoft
Alias: Jäger
"Hunter"
Species: Human

Skills:
Kreegson Prosthetics Mk. I — Worker's Model
Following a motorcycle accident that occurred in his late teens, Armand's left arm and leg have been replaced by industrial-tier cybernetics. The two prosthetic models each feature a stainless steel outer shell to protect from oxidizing and deterioration, and the "subdermal" layers of the two limbs each feature a buckypaper lining to provide reinforcement and absorption from impacts. The material is formed from carbon nanotubes and is one of the strongest materials known to man; as such, the price tag attached to the model was pretty damn high.

Because he'd eventually outgrow the cybernetics when he reached adulthood, Armand bought the expensive model after his body mass and physique had finished developing. For the prosthetics to perform exceptionally, Armand has to consistently keep his body at a high level of activity. The two prosthetics offer enhanced strength and performance over flesh and blood, and are able to shield from bullets an other projectiles with minimal damage to interior circuitry [due to the protective buckypaper layer]. They also serve to hurt a hell of a lot more than a regular punch or kick.

Heightened Senses
Armand inherited an improved sense of hearing due to his Splicer mother marrying his completely human father. Given that the traits of canines only came from one set of genes, he was only able to receive mutations that his father carried a recessive gene for. Hearing happened to be the only one.

Profiling Techniques
Having trained in his respective job for years, Armand has grown highly efficient at finding key differences between Androids and regular humans. Splicers and cyborgs are easy enough to pick out from a crowd due to their distinguishing features, but there's only a handful of idiosyncrasies that separate a human from a very, very lifelike robot. Armand knows how to exploit that handful.

Gear:
[] FBI-ARU Badge
Self explanatory. He's a government agent, and he needs proof. Also serves as an impromptu keycard for access to the FBI headquarters in New San Diego.

[] Security Access Tuner
The SAT is a more... legal version of a brute force hacking tool. For low-security locks and security mechanisms, the tuner can interface with the devices OS and override access, allowing Armand control. Put simply, it helps him break into places.

[] iPhone CX
It's a phone. Gotta have your standard communication, right?

Weapons:
[] HF [High-Frequency] Stun Baton
Standard-issue weapon for ARU agents, designed specifically with the disabling of androids and cybernetics in mind; against humans, it's nothing more than a telescopic baton.

[] Colt M2452
Government-issued firearm for FBI agents. Able to fire various projectiles, depending on the contents of the magazine loaded. Outfitted with a flashlight and ergonomic grip.

Role:
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Android Retrieval Unit [FBI-ARU]
Armand is employed by the FBI to retrieve defective and/or rogue Android units that have fled into the general populace. His cybernetics, as well as his advanced senses, have often proven to give him an edge over his targets.

He joined up with the FBI-ARU after acting as an informant for them, placed with the Reptile organized crime group.

Personality:
Armand prefers to keep to himself, largely because of his profession requiring a bit of discretion on his part. The nature of his job, as well as the conditions of New San Diego have led to a realist outlook; instead of preparing for contingencies, Armand prefers to go with the flow and adapt to the situation he's found himself in. His drifter-esque persona is accentuated by this demeanor.

Biography:
Following his departure from Reptile [as his status as an informant directly led to the shootout and subsequent disbanding of the organization], Armand proved his worth after applying to the FBI's Android Retrieval Unit and graduating with high marks on all exams. Within a few months, he was an active duty agent operating within NSD.

Tr0llz0r

Post by Tr0llz0r » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Allo, is this still open? If so, is there an opening for the standard "super" butler (butler that is really skilled in his work)?
WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS MOTHERF**KER!!