[ONE]League of Assassins

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

[ONE]League of Assassins

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:42 am

Many generations ago, there was a time of war between nations. It could be considered one human history's bloodiest eras. In this time, profiting from the violence, the world of the Assassin. Practicing the art of murder and deception, they asserted their dominance through the shadows. Absolute fear. Slitting the throats of their targets through whichever shadow they could hide their form. Be it the most cowardly political figure to even the poorest of beggars. But even for them, the assassins were not invincible to the influences of the wars. Eventually found in the enclosed jaw of strife, the six most powerful factions were conflicting. Before they were never allies, nor were they enemies; what for? Territory? Resources? Ideologies? Even in modern day the reasons remain lost through time.

As the river of time began to continue on forward, the generations had changed and so had the world. Each faction had been drained--

Tired of fighting for a cause none of them could recite. The leaders came together, deciding to wash away the bad blood. Instead of remaining separate entities, the idea of conjoining powers emerged. It was believed to dramatically reduce the happening of another conflict between their powers. In agreement each of the leaders signed the pact with their own blood. Finalizing and verified the creation of what is now known as the 'League'. An organization that would soon become one of the most feared in the entire world, and unrivaled entirely...
====

New Horizon City. Currently the hub for the League and all of its operations. An unstable playground, a place that assassins thrive in. A dispute between New Horizons government and its civilians has spiked in the recent years. As poverty increases, the rich only seem to benefit more and more. The Overlord sits on their throne, and silences those who speak out against the government; however this has not quelled the fires of revolution. A group, 'Silver Ravens' have emerged carrying the hopes and dreams of victims. Seen as simple rebels in the eyes of the government, through the years they've gained more and more traction becoming a more serious and noticeable threat. Fortunately the League is funded by government officials and is seen as an extension of its military.

"Through the proper channels, the Leagues dagger has been requested. By order of the Overlord, only those the League deems worthy and skillful enough to undergo this task shall partake. A confidential task. One that is speculated to deal with the overall issue of the "rebels". Perhaps one to purge them and rid the issue for the future to come...
=====
The League
Making up what the League are the six factions. While acting as one, the factions still hold their own traditions separately from one another. Each Faction contributes to the betterment of the League in some unique way that somehow links to their past:

The Black Dogs:
The Black Dogs were always seen as the most fearsome in skill compared to the other factions. During the war they were the last to be involved and it is believed that upon entering had been the leading factor to its climax. They house the elites of the League and are responsible in martial training.

Crimson Vipers:
Infamous for cannibalism, members of the Crimson Viper were known to devour the corpses of their victims. Though in modern day they have left behind that path and instead have funding towards genetic studies. They are one of three 'science' factions with the goal of developing the 'ultimate human being'. They also deal with the Leagues medicinal issues as well with very expensive and advanced medical technology. The Crimson Vipers own the largest hospital in the city in which they conduct many of their experiments.

DDOS:
The second science faction. With an updated name to better suit their capabilities, DDOS members focus on New Horizon City's cyber world. Secretly controlling the largest social network 'MouthBook' DDOS acts as one set of eyes and ears in an invisible world. Tasked with tracking down individuals, determining potential threats and developing better technology for the League to thrive.

The Dynamo:
Explosive is perhaps the best word to describe this faction. Back during the conflict Dynamo's were feared for their use of combustibles and explosives that dealt massive damage. Being the second most feared faction due to their unpredictability and sheer destructive might. For the League they develop the explosives. Nothing more and nothing less. Rumor has it that they are also in development of a possible nuclear weapon but so far nothing supports that claim.

Justicars:
Unlike the others they are the only faction to act in the light and act as the reminder of the city of the Leagues presence. Justicars are the more common members of the League to find out and about. Wearing special uniforms and acting as security guards for the important political figures and areas of New Horizon City. Because of how common the Justicars are there are many more under cover members who infiltrate with much more ease than any of the other factions. Being chameleons they are often placed as scouts before operations occur. While citizens of the N.H.C. may not be explicitly aware of the Leagues existence, they do know that the government houses a "Black-Ops" of sort.

Serpentine:
The Leagues second set of eyes and ears, pointed towards the deepest shadows and crags of the city. The Serpentine are cunning and foul, keeping their wits about them as they scour the cities shadows. However they make dealings with the criminal organization leaders to obtain their information; many of these deals go under the Leagues radar. The Serpentine were the original cause of the conflict though how had been lost to time. Members of the Serpentine also go about and claim establishments that are not under League control using practically any means necessary. Sometimes members of the Justicars will work in cooperation with the Serpentine for other means of monetary gain.
---
The Assassins Arsenal
Higher Ranked members of the League who've shown their skill through either years of experience or other methods will be granted special weapons known as 'Regalias'. Weapons that inherit special properties based on the user that wield them. Regalias are often unique weapons with unique designs that can be easily distinguished. Only one person can lay claim to one Regalia as it bounds to the users physical body preventing use from others. A Regalia starts off with one property(or special ability if you must) and after a set number of 1500 kills, it transforms and gains a secondary property.
----
SOME OTHER RP THINGS
Normally when I do a 1x1 Request I usually accept one person. Not a huge fan of making multiple threads but in this case I'll do it. Trying new things.
Luckily this is an RP that can go in a multitude of ways. I'm a very flexible person.
----
RP Rules n Shite
1)Follow all Forum Rules, Section Rules and the Rules of this thread.
2)Don't be a dick...that's my shtick.
3)Meta-gaming, OP characters, etc I don't tolerate.
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

Killian
Bronze

Re: [ONE]League of Assassins

Post by Killian » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:43 am

Me! Me! Pick me!

If I were to make a cs. Would you prefer me making a different character?
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 pm

Do whatever pleases your soul

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Samual_Jennings

Post by Samual_Jennings » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:47 am

I want to start as a Crimson Viper. Could you perhaps start a roleplay with me?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk