[REQ] Upstairs ~ Downstairs * Victorian Britain RP*

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
randomlygenerated

[REQ] Upstairs ~ Downstairs * Victorian Britain RP*

Post by randomlygenerated » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Are you interested in exploring Victorian Britain?

Join me in exploring and following the lives of a rich, upper-class Victorian family, and also their household of servants, in a grand house set in the beautiful English countryside. The family are navigating political scandals, personal intrigue and maintaining their social standing while enjoying a luxurious standard of living; the staff, while residing in the same household, have totally separate lives in which gossip runs rife, long hours are worked, and the pecking order hard to escape.

This is more a scenario, than a plot. I enjoy character development, and letting their actions, reactions and interactions shape the plot as we go. Because of this, I'd prefer if you can handle 3-5 main characters, and don't mind (multiple) sub-plots being added in spontaneously!
Last edited by randomlygenerated on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But there is more than just this... isn't there?

kitkat871

Re: [ONE] Upstairs ~ Downstairs * Victorian Britain RP*

Post by kitkat871 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:55 pm

I'm interested!
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

ash_minx

Post by ash_minx » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:56 pm

This sounds like an absolutely wonderful idea! I am just your gal to take part in this! My specialty is taking on more than I can chew and being fantastic at it. I will be able to take on many characters easily and I would definitely love to partake in this. It's such a fantastic idea and I'm excited about it.
"Dreams are certainly nice, but aren't nightmares more exciting?"

Lev

Post by Lev » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:53 pm

Sounds like an interesting slice-of-life situation. I guess whether or not there is a structured plot behind the characters is yet to be seen..

I'm interested in the setting, and playing multiple characters (from each side of the spectrum). Multi-para writer, also. If this takes off.. I'd like to be considered.

randomlygenerated

Post by randomlygenerated » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:03 pm

Thanks so much for the interest! I've only just joined this site, and I'm already a bit overwhelmed with the response; thanks so much!

I had originally intended this to be a 1x1, as I have no experience of multi-player RPing, but I am open to learning, and given the scope for characters in this RP, it should be easy to have room for everyone.

Yes, it is very much "slice-of-life" and I have no structured plot in mind - it is loose-ended, to allow for plenty of spontaneous plot-additions, and letting the character's actions shape the plot as we go. When I used to RP a lot, a few years back, I was notorious for having 'soap' style RPs, where we just followed the characters lives ad infinitum. xD I know that does not appeal to everyone, so do be aware this is probably not for you if you prefer definite plot points.

randomlygenerated

Post by randomlygenerated » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:21 pm

I've written a list of characters that will be necessary for inclusion. Please post saying which character (s) you would like to play. I will mark off with an X, and the player's name, any role that has been filled. Any role that allows for multiples, I will list how many characters we have in that role, and the names of the players.

Once we have a complete family, we can start making character sheets. The staff are non-essential for play (ie, if no one is playing a footman or cook, for example, it is just assumed they are quietly performing their role in the household).

*FAMILY*
Father/Husband [X ~ Gen]
Mother/Wife (X - ash_minx)
Son (s) [Note whether eldest (heir) or subsequent son. 1 ~ ash_minx (15)]
Daughter(s) [1- ash_minx (15); 1- Gen (17); 1 ~ kitkat (20)]

Optionally - Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins [please specify whether part of the household, near neighbours, or regular visitors]

*SERVANTS*

Female:
Housekeeper (1)
Lady's maid (s) [Depends on whether multiple adult ladies reside in the household. 1 ~ kitkat]
Nanny/Governess (1) [Depending on age of children]
Cook (X - ash_minx)
Parlour/house maid (s)
Kitchen maid (s) [1 ~ Gen]
Scullery maid (1)

Male:
Steward (1)
Tutor (1) [Depending on age of sons in the household]
Butler (X - ash_minx)
Valet (s) [Depends on whether multiple adult men reside in the household]
Footmen
Head Groom (X ~ kitkat)
Gamekeeper (X ~ kitkat)
Page boy (s)
Stable boy (s) [1 - ash_minx]

(Can anyone tell me if there is a way to pin this to the top of the thread?)
Last edited by randomlygenerated on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

randomlygenerated

Post by randomlygenerated » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:27 pm

I've taken one kitchen maid, for definite.

I'm interested in playing one male and one female family member (not bothered over whether it is a parent or child). If anyone particularly wants to play the parents, better bag them ASAP!

Also interested in either housekeeper/scullery maid and head groom/stable boy.

ash_minx

Post by ash_minx » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:12 pm

Mother, daughter, cook, stable boy and Butler are the ones I will probably take. I may take another male if there are any left so that way we can fill up spots faster.

randomlygenerated

Post by randomlygenerated » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:23 pm

Updated accordingly. Yes, I'm also thinking of taking any leftover characters, which is why I've only marked off one for definite. I'm happy to play whoever no one else wants! :)

ash_minx

Post by ash_minx » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:28 pm

I'm getting excited for this now!