[Req] The Sanctuary

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Monika
Casual Mod

[Req] The Sanctuary

Post by Monika » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:53 pm

In this mundane world, among the normal everyday people, there are people who aren't normal. They have special abilities that make them unique and different. The world knows that they exist, but prefer to turn a blind eye.

That is, until it's their own child.

Then it becomes all to real and they don't know what to do. The ones that consider them no longer their child, put them out on the streets. It had to be someone else's child for them to have those abilities, right? But what about the ones who tried to keep them, but couldn't? They still loved their child, and wanted the best, but the abilities were too much.

Well, there's the Sanctuary.

The Sanctuary is a network of churches across the globe, designed to be safe havens for the Special Ones, or 'Specials' as they have been dubbed. Sanctuary members find abandoned Specials roaming the streets, and take them to one of their safe houses, specially built outside of cities where they could live in peace, and learn to use their abilities without worrying about the safety of themselves and others.

Alright, this rp is a bit different than anything I've done. Premise is a bunch of people with powers living in a safehouse, trying to get along, live a normal life, that sort of thing. No set plot, but will have things come up throughout the RP when I feel it would benefit.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Req] The Sanctuary

Post by Monika » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:53 pm

General Rules
  1. Everything must follow the Rules and Guidelines of RP-Forums.
  2. Everything I say is law, and the I get the final word.
  3. Respect EVERYONE. If you don't like a person, play nice. If you're having an issue with someone, let me know. I will deal with it. Don't take it out on the person and be rude.
  4. Keep curse words to a minimal, though I'd prefer you to not curse at all.
RP Rules
  1. This is Literate RPing. Full Sentences, good grammar, no asterisks.
  2. No God Modding. This includes: No grabbing, moving, throwing, hitting, or anything with a completion without giving the target a chance to respond. You cannot grab someone and move them successfully in one post. I give permission to ignore anyone who 'auto' does anything. This is an offence that will get one warning before being kicked out. It is not a hard concept.
  3. No permanent physical or mental damage without consent. This rule is an expansion of Rule 2. You DO NOT cause irreparable damage to someone's character without their consent. That is a form of God Modding. If this happens, I give permission to ignore it. If it happens again, the offender is out.
  4. Don't bother people and beg people to rp with you. Don't Harass, and don't push yourself into a situation just to get attention. I will warn only once, then I will kick you out if it happens again.
  5. EVERYONE must take part in the main storyline that I am trying to put out. I will give people freedom, until I hit the big ol' red PLOT button.
  6. Romance is ok, but if I see people neglecting the rp just to get with someone, I WILL hit the PLOT button, and you won't like it at all.
Please add "I have read the rules and I accept them" at the beginning of your profile to show you have read them. Thank you.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Most abilities will be welcome. This is the list of banned abilities.
  • Permanent physical mutation
  • Any kind of non-element control. Influence is fine.
  • Time manipulation
  • Anything to do with spirits (includes summoning)
  • Actual Magic
Roles in Sanctuary

Location Head
  • Taken
Second in Command
(Needs to be with the Sanctuary for at least 5 years,
and proven themselves to be trustworthy.)
    Doctor
    • Taken
    Recruiters
    (recruiters must be very friendly and good at being able to spot Specials, whether with their own ability, or good intuition)
    Enforcers
    (Enforcers are the protectors of the sanctuary and it's people. They all have to be willing to fight, as well have good offensive abilities. An Enforcer group usually consists of two to three Fighters and one Defender)
    • Fighters
    • Defender
    Permanent Residents

Members
    (Not everyone in Sanctuary is homeless. These are the people who come to Sanctuary to make friends and have a safe place to learn their powers)

Monika
    Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Name:
    Nickname:
    Personality:
    Ability: (Just one, no duplicates, and describe ability)
    Sanctuary Role:
    Why they were given Role: (if a member of staff)
    How long in Sanctuary:
    How they got to Sanctuary: (short summary. Everyone has a sob story so no one cares how bad your life was beforehand. If it affected who you are, it goes in personality.)
    Appearance:

FallOfPrometheus

Post by FallOfPrometheus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:56 am

I’ll be posting later on today for the recruiter!!
    And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon that is dreaming