Welcome to Avondale Square!

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Someguy500

Re: Welcome to Avondale Square!

Post by Someguy500 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:48 am

Anyway. Here it is, though it feels janky and incomplete. Please, do tell if anything's missing.

Race: Firefly Sprite

Name: Yvonne Rosemary
J-just call me Eve, if that's okay?

W-what do you mean it's not funny?!
...O-okay, it's about...

...T-Three centuries.

B-but I was just born not so long ago! I-I'm only 19 this year, I sweaaar!

Appearance: Image
This is her usual getup, though she does have a wardrobe with clothes, plural, in it.

To hide her antennae, she uses the legendary spell of tucking them into her hair. Eve is physically weak and frail; a gentle shove could send her sprawling. She claims that her green hair is dyed.

First Impression: That girl by the café window. Yeah, the green-haired one. Isn't she a regular? She is, but she never seems to do much besides get a drink. She turns, having noticing the stare she's getting, and gets flustered for a second or two before waving a bit and offering a dorky smile.

Bumping into her prompted an embarrasingly loud "EEEK!", right the noise of the books she was carrying hitting the ground. After the initial shell-shock, she's on the ground with both arms tight around a leather-bound journal and both eyes shut tight. She scrambled up after a moment that to her, felt like forever, and fervently apologized (It sounded somewhere along the lines of "Aah I'm sorry I'm sorry I should have watched where I was going sorry") as she picked her books back up. After getting all her books and a quick bow, she hurried off, a bit more unsteady than usual.

Talents:
Illusion
Yvonne is capable of creating minor illusions to alter what something looks like. She can turn something else (or herself) a different colour or invisible, but usually she just uses this as a replacement for makeup. She might not be good with attention, but she does kind of enjoy it.

Rune Magic
Eve has a large ballpoint pen with the ink replaced with a blend of cinnamon and blood (she's been meaning to get a proper mix when the ink runs out), usually tucked in her journal. While she knows some runes, she gets most of her spells off the internet.

Quirks:
She's nervous, more often than not. Whether it's getting the nerves over something or just being tightly-wound in general, she's often like this outside being alone at home, and s-stammers of-often.

She's also a real doormat, there's very few things she would put her foot down for.

She carries around a leather-bound journal that shows no signs of age, despite the obscene number of bookmarks on it. No matter how long it's flipped through, the pages don't seem to end.

Bio: Apartment complexes like those here at Crystal Bay frequently attract the majority of forest sprites, now displaced due to deforestation and industrialisation. This is because if you could find a few people you could trust, they could reincarnate back into children in peace, often with someone to look after their new form.

This is where Yvonne Rosemary's story begins. A couple agreed to look after Eve after her "mother" decided to pass on, and so she lived a pretty uneventful childhood with model parents, which, considering the "spirit of nature" thing, was pretty lucky. At 13, seeing her fondness for reading and writing, Eve's adoptive parents gave her the book her predecessors used to record their lives. She loved it, but it was only after finishing high school that they told her what it (and by extension, she) really was.

Poor Sam and Monty were promised that Yvonne wouldn't have an existential crisis, which is why that's exactly what she had. Okay, that was an exaggeration; it amounted to a few days of reduced appetites and introspection, and in the end she came out of it surprisingly fine with it.

Eve decided to go out on her own two years later, promising to call back every week or so. And that's how she found Crystal Bay, just beckoning her to it. It's only been a few days since she moved in.

Extra: She has an interest in keychains, and uses some to organize small objects.
Last edited by Someguy500 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Snowskeeper wrote:"I rip off my head and slam-dunk it into the nearest trashcan

Good morning"
- May 2017

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:02 am

Accepted!
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:09 am

Gimme a 306B, please!
Last edited by Someguy500 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snowskeeper wrote:"I rip off my head and slam-dunk it into the nearest trashcan

Good morning"
- May 2017

Jasmine
Silver

Post by Jasmine » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:00 pm

Ill post what I have today and work on it. I haven't been feeling well, sorry.
The nipple of your dreams is actually my nipple of your nightmares.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:51 pm

Human/Supernatural Race:
Avatar of the Goddess of Relaxation

Name:
Nidia

Appearance:
Nidia’s eyes are a luminous silver, if you happen to catch her with them open. Which you might, if you’re under a lucky star.

First Impression:

Wait, isn't that the woman from last night? And she's still in that chair asleep, did she sleep there all night? Is she OK? Does she need help? It was cold last night, oh no. Is she dead? Ma’am? Ma’am!

You have just witnessed a rare event, Nidia in motion, and in your shock of seeing such a thing you have unfortunately walked into her. This collision of yours, though slow and involving what seems to be one of the softer objects on the planet, was still with enough force to knock Nidia to the ground. She is now covered in steaming hot coffee, what remains of a Styrofoam cup, and seems to be once more asleep. Good job breaking the moment, kid.

Abilities/Talents:
1: Need to talk to Nidia but she seems to be in a very deep sleep? Well, don't worry and talk away, no matter how deep her sleep Nidia can and will hold a perfect conversation with you. And she even sometimes remember what all you talked about when she wakes back up!

2: If you happen to be in her vicinity while she is sleeping, and if you are near her you probably are, then you will often feel a sense of calm. Usually. It isn't really an exact science, but her presence tends to cool heated exchanges and calm frayed nerves.

3: Nidia is one of -- if not the -- best cuddle buddy you could never hope to snuggle with.

Quirks:
Nidia is one of those people who can sleep just about anywhere at any time and in practically any position. She has, more than once, fallen asleep standing on public transportation and missed her stop. Or on a random park bench in the middle of winter. Or in the branches of a tree that no one is exactly sure how she climbed. Or...

Bio:
Nidia came into being in 1919, at the exact same time as the creation of the apartments, and she has been a resident ever since then. Give or take some time spend traveling for fun. And to this day, Nidia is still trying to make up for all the sleep she lost out on during the roaring twenties. It turns out helping to smuggle alcohol takes a lot of energy and time.

One mistake Nidia isn't likely to repeat any time soon.

Unless she feels like it.

Maybe.

Etc:
Nidia is the apartment complex, and as such doesn't pay rent. Adrian is the only one who knows this. Adrian is also always busy because Nidia is very lonely.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Accepted ;)
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:49 pm

I'd smash

Tr0llz0r

Post by Tr0llz0r » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:27 pm

Annasiel wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:55 am
Oh god, we're gonna have a demon who thinks he's immune to holy magic a floor away from a white witch.
I JUST saw this now, and yes, I think it’s hilarious. A fight between these two would probably end up with Hannah using holy magic on Azazel, resulting in him drinking MORE holy water.
WELCOME TO THE RICE FIELDS MOTHERF**KER!!