Welcome to Avondale Square!

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Snowskeeper

Re: Welcome to Avondale Square!

Post by Snowskeeper » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 pm

:D! Thanks.

Nyx

Post by Nyx » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Ozzy voice: All aboard! Hahahahaha!
I'll stare straight into the sun and I won't close my eyes, til I understand or go blind.

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:54 pm

Not a problem, room preference?

Ayyyyyyyyyyy ;)
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 pm

1 bed 1 bath short balcony, please.

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Awesome

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:01 pm

102 B is yours

RaiseRavens

Post by RaiseRavens » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:22 am

I'm not finished the second scenario yet, but I'm going to pop this here anyway.

Supernatural Race: Changeling

Name: Hugh Owen

Appearance:
He doesn’t make a habit of the straw hat.

First Impression:
Scenario 1 –
If you know Hugh, you’ll be able to spot him at one of the parks closest to Avondale square, walking (or being walked by) half a dozen rescue dogs. When he isn’t working he’ll likely be volunteering for the local animal shelter. He enjoyed the company of animals, and they adored his. Even the most difficult of customers never take liberties when Hugh’s around. He does a few laps around the park, stopping to let them off of their leashes for a game of fetch or a good wrestle among themselves. Sometimes he’ll even get involved in a scrap or two before rounding the dogs up and leading them back the way they came.

Scenario 2 – (The second scenario is where someone had accidentally bumped into your character causing them to drop whatever they are carrying.)
<>

Abilities/Talents:
1) Nature Spirit – As a rule, fairies are finely attuned to nature. Plants and animals flourish in their presence, and even humans feel the effects of their presence. They can bring life to barren earth, cleanse polluted water and purify noxious air. However, spending too long away from a natural setting slowly drains their magical and mental ‘batteries’.
2) Fortune – The fae have a subtle influence over the workings of fortune. If they think well of you, your luck is assured, whereas If they bear ill will towards you, your luck will turn sour. The more potent the feeling, the stronger the effect. That said, Fairies are fickle creatures; It is difficult to stay in their good graces.
3) Fae contract – The fair folk are bound to their word, and bind others to theirs. When a contract is made with a fairy both parties are compelled to fulfil it. While contracts can be renegotiated with the consent of all parties, failure to meet the terms of the agreement can incur magical retribution.

Quirks:
Hugh is really into the outdoors; he always has a skiing trip or a mountaineering expedition on the horizon. He can't tell lies and is painfully allergic to Iron.

Bio:
Hugh has always lead a blessed life, Luck met him at every turn, and he has never regretted a decision. He was raised by wonderful parents, in a perfectly bohemian bubble. They went to music festivals and attended political rallies, travelled often and had their own vegetable garden. By the time he was set to rebel, there weren’t many avenues left to him, so he fell in with some interesting anarchist types and spent his adolescence as an animal rights activist and a general nuisance to society, dodging arrest for various PETA-style stunts.

That was fun for a while, but he eventually saw reason and acquiesced to his parents’ demands. He calmed down, got a part-time job as a gardener and went to community college to study Art. For some reason, he became was the most sought-after gardener for miles around. His art studies, and his success in the world of horticulture, led to his ambition of becoming a landscaper and designer. After four years of resounding success at a liberal arts college, he has finished his degree in Landscape Architecture and joined a small practice of designers and landscapers in… you guessed it, Crystal Bay.

Etc:
Hugh doesn’t know that magic and magical creatures exist. He doesn’t even know he’s a Changeling. I doubt he'd take the news well.
Cría cuervos y te sacarán los ojos.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:29 am

Oooh!
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~
"To bear the brunt of blizzard's kiss and snare the wind to fingertips."

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:15 am

Edited profile in line with stuff that was discussed over Discord

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:31 am

Aand just when I finish typing up my CS for a forest sprite, someone else puts one up that overlaps a bit. Typical!

(I'm just kidding, Hugh looks like a lovely character)
"Lewd the sisters~"
- Annasiel, April 2018