[One][Sur](I) You and Me

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Miro-chan

[One][Sur](I) You and Me

Post by Miro-chan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:19 am

It was December 15th of the year 2012 when the outbreak had reached a critical state, spreading across the globe in a matter of days. The virus had the same name as the brain-manipulating fungus Ophiocordyceps unilateralis. It had the exact same effects as the fungus and had once only affected ants and then somehow spread into the humans' brains. Though the infection had been rising in intensity for days, it had reached such a state when people began to be administered to hospitals. The infection spread quickly in the cities, eventually being confirmed to have spread nationwide.

Eventually, a state of national emergency was declared. The Army and the National Guard were deployed quickly in the early hours of the morning. They blocked the highways, having set up different bases for frightened residents to run to for some refuge. News networks tried their best to inform the people of these safe areas, but many had forced off the air shortly after the start of the outbreak. Several of the infected patients had somehow escaped from the nearby hospitals and attacked the people who had been trapped on the highway due to the high amount of traffic.

Much of the cities had soon erupted into complete chaos due to the outbreak. Police cars had rushed to various areas in the cities, set up various roadblocks to contain citizens who they believed to be infected. However their attempts at keeping the chaos at a minimum was for naught, for they were overrun by the infected citizens. Buildings were set soon on fire, some having even exploded due to gas leaks despite the Army's efforts to intervene, and the Army dropped various nuclear bombs to stop the overrun areas.

The outside country areas of the city had been much more quiet. Many of the residents had fled towards the city due to the advice on the radio and television, all were unaware of the chaotic events occurring at the time. Soon, those areas were overrun and people turned. Many of the citizens attempted to escape by driving their vehicles down the highways, but they were clogged up by traffic.

Nearly all of humanity across the globe had died in the days that followed. It had been years since the infection had spread, since the world had been torn into pieces, and buildings had been knocked down by the bombings. Now, there were different groups and settlements set up across the world. Some groups did the most horrendous, disgusting, immoral things... Arthur had seen it all. It done anything he could to survive. He expected for people to try to kill him, expected for the infected to kill him. What he didn't expect was a girl to suddenly show up in his life and broke down his emotional and mental walls. The more and more she stayed with him, the more his heart began to feel for her.

It eventually got to the point where he would be determined to whatever it took to keep her safe.

Miro-chan

Re: [One][Sur](I) You and Me

The "(I)" is in the title so I will know that it is the You and Me thread in the Intermediate Section. I tend to lose track of which thread is where if I make doubles. Haha.

Additional Information:

What is Ophiocordyceps Unilateralis?
"A parasitic fungus known to manipulate the brains of ants doesn't make slavelike "zombies" out of any old host. Instead, the microorganism is somehow able to recognize the brains of different ant species, and releases its mind-controlling chemical cocktail only when in its preferred host, new research shows. ... Fungi of the genus Ophiocordyceps — so-called zombie ant fungi — need ants to complete their life cycle. When an ant comes across fungal spores while foraging, the fungus infects the insect and quickly spreads throughout its body." (https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.livesc ... rains.html)

My favorite type of fungus. I found out about it my junior year of highschool and I thoight it would be really fun to make it a type of virus that turned people into zambies. I did a lot of art designs for what they would look like because I loved the thought of the various fungus growing out of the ants' brains. XD

The World's Scenery:
In the apocolyptic world we will be surviving in, we gotta know what it looks like! Since it has only been a few years since the outbreak first occurred, most of the buildings that are going to be in the city we are starting the roleplay in may still be in somewhat good shape, although most around the world are broken into very large pieces or are just debre. Just about everywhere will be covered in plant life and fungus, though there will also be quite a few places where there will be nothing at all-- like a wasteland (just not as bad as the desert).

The World (Other):
As per usual, after any sort of world-wide, chaotic event occurs, the electricity does not work. This means that there is no running water, lights by light bulbs, etc. does not work. The only way to get any sort of electricity (lighting) is to use back up generators (if there are any that actually work), somehow use water, or wind by a turbine.

The Ophi Zombies:

Possible Nicknames: Zombies, Infected, Ophies, O-Z's, etc. Make one up if you'd like. Haha.
There will be different types as for appearance.
1) The people who were just turned will have no eyelids, their lips will possibly be peeled off, and they will have large fungi growing or sticking outta their head a in different places. There may be some other fungus on other places on their body. They can both see and hear you.
2) The people who have been turned for 2-3 months will have much more fungus grown on them. Their heads will possibly be close to being completely covered and there may be holes on their body, where some fungus may have fallen or been torn off. Their eyes may have maximized in number, having press all throughout their bodies or they might be half blind. They will be able to hear you, but might not be able to see as well.
3) The people who had been turned in 7-10 months will have much more fungus and odd skin growths all throughout their bodies. Their clothing will possibly have been torn by all the fungus and strange skin growths. Some may be completely blind or half blind. Their tongues and noses have an inhansed sense. They can hear, smell, and possibly see you.
4) The poeple who have been infected for a year or more may be completely covered by the fungus and strange growths. Their entire body may have mutated into something else. Say, if one does not have any eyes, they would have a much larger nose and ears like a bat, or if they have a broken spine, then they would have somehow figured out/mutated a way to crawl like a crab on all fours, some may have found a way to make their outer fungi skeleton into a type of armour, or oroduced different sized eyeballs all over their bodies, etc. Depending on the type, they might be able to see, hear, or smell you.

Different Organizations:

The Knights:
This is a organization that has people sent out small groups into the surrounding cities close to their settlement. The entire association is made of men. They usually kill random survivors to either get their belongings, supplies, or to eat them. Yes, these men are cannibals. They have a very large section of a city sealed off and there are a shit-ton of these dudes runnin' around. There's close to 1,000.
They will possibly be the main antagonists of this story. We can discuss who their leader could be and whatnot through pm. ;)

The Patriots:
This organization of poeple is rather small. They make up a little less than half of the amount in the Knights, whicg is about 428.They are mostly made up of old military officials, soldiers, etc. Even though they don't eat other, living people, The survivors in the Patriots do have a tendency to think they are better than everyone else. Although, despite their thick-headedness, there are survivors who have large hearts and will possibly try to help others when there is a very good reason why. They often fight with the other settlements-- especailly the Knights and whoever decides to come around their settlement. Their settlement is located near the mountains, in a suburb area. There are many deserted neighborhoods where they live and their main base is surrounded by a large wall made up of iron slabs and sheet metal.

The Agronomists:
This is an organization that has a smaller settlement in the farmlands. Somehow these survivors have been able to fend off the infected and had created a large wall out of wood and rusted sheet metal and even near a stream. They were able to keep quite a few farm animals alive and have plenty of crops to go around. They are the most attacked people due to having such rare animals and crops, however, they may also be the most strong willed. They will not go down without a fight and that has, more often than not, gotten them out of bloody battles and possible sticky situations. Just because they allow within their settlement's walls does not mean you are safe. They will be watching you the entire time you are on their land.

Chris's Place:
Christopher Kinhead is a man who we will find out about in the future of this roleplay (if we get that far haha). He owns a place in the mountains where he has created a large settlement on a dam. The rumour is that he has slowly began to allow poeple into his settlement and may have the beginnings of actual electricity flowing...

(I may add more organizations later on. If you guys have an interesting organization in mind and would like to add to the many places Arthur and your character will possibly go to, then throw it at me with a pm! I love hearing your ideas! :D
I may add more information if anything comes to mind. Haha.)
Last edited by Miro-chan on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miro-chan

▪There are two possible relationships with Arthur; one with him being an adoptive father (which is what I originally made him for) and two, a possible romantic type.
• Ages your character has to be for adoptive father: 13-30.
• Ages your character has to be for romance: 18-49.

My Character Sheet(s)

Older Version
Name: Arthur Wallace

Birthday: April 3rd

Zodiac Sign: Aries

S.O.: Heterosexual (striaght)

Personality: Arthur is a complicated individual. He can be distant, cold, and won't talk much. While living in the new world, Arthur has learned to survive by any means possible, to trust nobody but himself (along with Your Character), and to gather as much food and supplies as he can. To strangers, he already considers them as enemies. He doesn't trust them nor does he really want to. If someone tries to harm him or his daughter, then it may as well be a death sentence for that individual. If Arthur does happen to trust someone and maybe become friends, he will help them as much as he can. When someone he is close to is being harmed or threatened in some way, Arthur will become like a dangerous, mother bear--he will literally kill that person. Arthur doesn't know how to express his emotions. If he is worried, he will express it through anger, perhaps by scolding someone by yelling at them. He doesn't cry--he just doesn't. When he's happy, he might show a bit of a smirk or poke fun at people.

History: Having been born on a farm in Tennessee, Arthur helped his family raise and sell the animals and crops. As he grew older, his uncle, whom he was very close to, would take him on hunting trios, where he taught Arthur how to handle a variety of guns, knives, crossbows, and hold his own in a fist fight. During the weekdays, he would help his parents with the farm and on the weekends, his uncle would show him how to survive if he didn't have anything.

By the time Arthur turned twenty-three, he had a job working at Belk, a clothing and jewelry store that was part of a large mall. He made sure everything was where it should be and kept the place neat and clean. He would sometime get jumped by thieves when he had to go home from a night shift, but he wouldn't go down without a fight. When he had turned thirty-three, the infection and nuclear explosions occurred. The world turned into complete chaos and Arthur learned very quickly how horrible and dangerous people could be.

The man had tried living in groups, ones that were innocent and couldn't do a damn thing, while the in the others, he would be seen as the "bad guy." He'd killed people, stolen from them, did anything he could to survive. Because he didn't have a choice. Another two years passed by and he met a girl. He didn't know how it happened, they'd stayed together for some reason. He didn't think it was because he felt bad for her. Maybe he did, he couldn't remember by now. He just knew that as the months and the year passed by, he wouldn't let anything happen to her. That he'd rip the throats out of someone who would harm her. That he would give his life for his adopted daughter.

Weapon of Choice: Pretty much anything he can get his hands on.

Appearence:
(Since the system has changed since I was last online, I would greatly appreciate it if someone gave me a link, or point me in the right direction to read where that information may. Thanks! Haha.)

Arthur stands at a height of 6"2 and weighs 131 pounds.
He has a very broad chest, a fare size of muscles on his chest, arms, and legs. His jaw is very squared off, het a bit long and lean. His nose is a long and pointed a bit downwards. His silver-blue eyes are almost always narrowed and his thin, dark red lips are always in a stright line. All around his jawline is a grey-peppered colour beard. His grey hair is rather messy and a bit short, and his hands are large. He appears to have a few wrinkles here and there, but since he stays in good shape, poeple usually can't see them unless they look for them. His attire consists of an old, dirty, white T-shirt, which is tuck into the pants and mostly hidden underneath the dark blue, green, or red, plaid, button up shirt. His blue jeans are dark and appear a bit of a lighter shade of navy near his knees and he wears a pair of brown, leather boots beneath them. His has an old, brown leather necklace which has ten white, square bones engraved into it and around his left wrist is a black watch that somehow still works (his great grandfather had given it to him).

Younger Version

Name: Arthur Wallace

Birthday: April 3rd

Zodiac Sign: Aries

S.O.: Heterosexual (straight)

Personality: Arthur is a complicated individual. He can be distant, cold, and will talk a bit. While living in the new world, Arthur is still learning how to survive by any means possible, to trust nobody but himself (along with Your Character), and to gather as much food and supplies as he can. To strangers, he might considers them as enemies. He doesn't trust them at first, but depending on the situation, he may end up killing them. If someone tries to harm him, then it may a fight will break out and that individual may end up seriously injured. If Arthur does decide to trust someone and become friends, he will help them as much as he can. When someone he is close to is being harmed or threatened in some way, Arthur will become very protective and will beat the people who are causing some sort of harm and sometimes even death. Arthur doesn't know how to express his emotions. If he is worried, he will express it through anger, perhaps by scolding someone by yelling at them. He doesn't cry--he just doesn't. When he's happy, he might show a bit of a smile or poke fun at people.

Weapon of Choice:
A shotgun, handgun, and a small hunting knife.

Appearance:

Arthur stands at a height of 6"2 and weighs 131 pounds.
He has a very broad chest, a fare size of muscles on his chest, arms, and legs. His jaw is very squared off, but it is a bit long and lean. His nose is a long and pointed a bit downwards. His grey-blue eyes are almost narrowed and his thin, dark red lips are always in a stright line. All around his jawline is a dark brown colour beard. His brown hair is rather messy and is often brushed back by his fingers into some form of messy fashion and his hands are large. His attire consists of an old, dirty, white T-shirt, which is tuck into the pants and mostly hidden underneath the dark blue, green, or red, plaid, button up shirt. His blue jeans are dark and appear a bit of a lighter shade of navy near his knees and he wears a pair of brown, leather boots beneath them. His has a brown leather necklace which has ten white, square bones engraved into it and around his left wrist is a black watch that somehow still works (his great grandfather had given it to him).
Last edited by Miro-chan on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miro-chan

Post by Miro-chan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:20 am

Your Character Sheet
Name:
History/Bio:
Weapon(s) of Choice:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Appearance: (Realistic picture, please, and/or description.)
Last edited by Miro-chan on Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miro-chan

Post by Miro-chan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:20 am

Rules:
*¤ As always, follow RPF rules.*
¤ Cussing is allowed. I do it all the time. Just don't make it your every sentence, please.
¤ Killing and attacking are encouraged. It's a survival roleplay after all. Haha.
¤ Be kind to me, I'll be kind to you. Be an ass to me, I'll be a very kind ass to you.
¤ You can create more than one character, just make sure to keep up with all of them.
¤ If you have any ideas, plot twists, etc., feel free to tell me through pm or in this Request/OOC thread. ;)
***¤ Patience is a biggie for me because I may be gone for days, weeks, or months at a time. I just honestly have no clue when I'll be online. ...So if you are somebody who is looking for quick replies, I'm afraid that you will need to look elsewhere. Sorry. :/ ***
¤ Do NOT control my character(s). If you do, I shall be an utterly perturbed Miro and I will give you a few warnings before I start to control your character.
¤ Please lemme know of ya wanna stop the roleplay. I am a bit of a hypocrite for this one because I tend to forget things and I lose track of how many roleplays I'm in. Lol. My bad, friends. If I have forgotten our roleplay, or if I haven't posted in a month, shoot me a pm and be like "Where you is?? We still gots a survival roleplay to do!" Haha.
¤ Have fun!

How I Roleplay:
■ I tend to write a minimum of 2 paragraphs and can write a ton more or a ton less, just depends on how much my partner gives me to work with. I will be honest,
I love being as descriptive as I can possibly be and being able to actually imagine the world around me, smell the bread that is being baked in the oven. Things like that. You, of course, do not have to write as much as me if you don't wanna. Haha. :)

■ I can play either male or female, though I do tend to play females more often while in OnexOne roleplays. When I do play a male character, it really depends on the plot and roleplay idea. Most of my characters tend to have a mixture of dom and sub in them. I've been slowly making a list of my characters over time and some of my old ones, I've been trying to update their sheets. Ah! Also, I only do Female/Male and Male/Male pairings (though I am willing to try out Female/Female pairings. I just need to know what the plot is and whatnot.) X3

■ I do love character sheets! For just about every character of mine, I have a sheet set up for them. Haha.

■ I tend to take time and put effort into writing my posts. I may take five minutes to an entire week (though me being gone for days or the entire week is due to my unknown illness and again I apologize for those who will/have been waiting for my reply).

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:57 am

I don't know what relationship I would want her to have with Arthur, and apparently my CS has reflected that. Let me know which one she'd be suited for better, and if you're okay with the fact that she may try to leave him if she finds her remaining family since that's been the main thing driving her until they met.

Name: Aurelia Silva
Birthday: September 30th
Zodiac sign: Libra
S.O.: Bi
Personality: Aurelia is a reserved young woman, yet she could be considered an angel for some of the things that she's resisted doing (to an extent). She's mute until she has to speak when around strangers, and while she knows how to defend herself, she has only one goal in mind besides survival: find her brothers at all costs. Despite how quiet she is, she's quite intelligent, and when she talks, it's surprisingly easy to turn a conversation for her favor. Yet around friends and loved ones, she's more willing to talk to them since they're the only ones she can trust, but she hasn't spoken much since she was separated from her brothers just after the bombs went off. Aura rarely ever lets in a stranger in, and it took a long time for her to consider Arthur a friend, even if she's conflicted about how she feels about him. Her loyalty isn't something that people should question, and if you ever anger her before befriending her, you're not going to see tomorrow no matter what you do to change it.
History/Bio: Aurelia is the oldest of six children: herself, Andrew, Aaron, Alexander, Adan, and Kacey, but their time growing up was far from perfect. Their father taught them from an early age to defend themselves, but their mother wanted the girls to be graceful considering the fact that they were from Burbank, California. When not studying, the five elder siblings were put through different forms of combat training, each one excelling at something before helping their father teach the others the same. By fifth grade, Aura had learned to fight with her hands, a knife, and a pole as long as six feet, but she used more of her free time to train her brothers more than anything else. Kacey would always make fun of her for her decision to be a tomboy, but she would later come to regret that when her sister's skills won more guys over than she cared about. She never wanted to be with anyone besides her family, but then life went downhill for the world.

Aurelia was fifteen when the "End (as she called it)" happened, and she knew that she was responsible for taking care of her siblings since they became separated from their parents shortly before the bombs went off. It was a miracle when she found herself a .22 rifle that she could shoot easily, and Andrew had just looted a hunting supply store when he gave each of them a switchblade that he had picked up before realizing that Kacey was missing. The screaming they heard next was all they needed to know before she decided to shoot the zombie that was on top of their sister, but the sound alerted others of their location before they were forced to abandon their now infected sister and each other. It wasn't hard to find temporary shelter, and for a while, Aura was barely surviving when there wasn't a somewhat trustworthy group that would take her in. Once there was a sign that she was overstaying her welcome, she slipped out into the night with as much supplies as she could fit into a backpack alongside her weapons, but there were a few that had offered her a permanent place in their group. Little did she know that the only person she could safely travel with would come into her life on her eighteenth birthday, and that he'd be the only person she could trust to still be there after her siblings disappeared.

Aurelia had been searching for supplies to make some form of birthday dinner when she heard something in the nearly barren remains of a store, and the way she greeted Arthur happened to include her switchblade flipped open to protect herself since she knew that humans were unpredictable now. She was bold enough to let him stay for the meal she was cooking since she had enough to feed him as well, but after a few close calls with zombies and other groups, it became clear that sticking together would be better for the two of them. She would (usually against his better judgement) stake out a place, and if there were other humans, she'd force him not to attack in case they knew where any of her brothers were, and they got her on the trail of Andrew and Aaron since it appeared as though they found each other before taking off. If she had to guess, her brothers had to be between nineteen and fifteen, but would they even recognize her, much less trust that Arthur wouldn't kill them in a heartbeat? Despite it being over two years since they began traveling together, Aura knows she can trust him, but she doesn't know how she should feel about him. All she knows is that if anyone or anything tries to hurt him, she won't hesitate to kill them like she did about six months after they met, which basically was when she realized that having him around was better than going solo by a landslide.
Weapon(s) of Choice: Switchblade (it was a gift from one of her brothers), rifle, and anything that could classify as a pole.
Strengths:
  • Lightweight (this aids in stealth, mobility, and even for getting into tight spaces that Arthur can't fit in)
  • Rifle accuracy to around 200 yards
  • Quick reflexes
  • Charismatic (even when faced with a threat)
  • Childlike appearance (easy to fool someone into thinking you're harmless when you look like a kid)
  • Loyal to those she travels with alongside her brothers, and only them
Weaknesses:
  • Easily exhausted when forced to run over a mile
  • Childlike appearance (it's difficult to appear threatening if you don't look your age)
  • Bleeds easily (longer recovery time for cuts, and bruises take longer to disappear)
  • Can't trust easily
  • Finding her brothers takes top priority
  • If Arthur (or her brothers if any or all are found alive) either get hurt or lost on her watch, she will blame herself no matter what
Appearance: Aurelia stands at 5'4", and while she usually wears jackets to conceal this, she only weighs 87 lbs. due to a medical condition she will sadly never learn the name of. Her night colored hair used to fall just above her shoulders upon meeting her companion, but she started growing it out to keep her switchblade sharp. While she's pictured with makeup, she stopped wearing it once the world became what it is now, even if it makes her ivory skin appear paler in the sun. She has heterochromia, which makes her have one ice colored eye while the other is earthy, and she refuses to wear contacts to conceal it. Her skin is riddled with scars from her time learning to defend herself, and while it was mainly against her brothers, all but a few are long since healed due to the time she's spent trying to survive before Arthur appeared. She may wear clothes to cover every inch of her skin except her face, but Aura has a swimmer's body that's turning into a runner's with each passing day, and yet she can pack a punch despite her frame.
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

Miro-chan

Post by Miro-chan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Amazing as always, Light! Man, I don't know which relationship is suitable for her either! OwO
Which are you wanting the most??? Haha.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:50 pm

Look in the pm I sent you for the answer to that Miro.
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

Miro-chan

Post by Miro-chan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:35 pm

Yeppers! I did and I sent you one back. Haha. ;)

Miro-chan

Post by Miro-chan » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:04 pm

Le Bump~!