[REQ] Anyone up for a D&D RP?

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Xcelgamer

Re: [REQ] Anyone up for a D&D RP?

Post by Xcelgamer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:30 am

ok, so just like wizards, sorcerers and other traditional magic users, they exist just rare and normal people rely more on natural medicine
"I'm in lesbians with you." Scott Pilgrim

Calibus101

Post by Calibus101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:32 am

I would roughly say 1-2 Clerics or Paladins in a Hamlet.
2-3 in a town
4-5 in a small city
10-12 in an average city
10-20 in a large city
100-200 in a Capital city.

Not including Adventurers.

Natural Medicines are definitely more cheaper!

I was ungraceful

Post by I was ungraceful » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:35 am

Maybe magic is something acquired through magical artifacts rather then something anyone can do. We could even make it so, lore wise, cleric is a title given to people who were given a magical artifact by a church or governing body and wizards are just people who found a magical artifact on there own. Maybe the governing body or church spread rumors that the artifacts given to clerics are from a benevolent god while wizards make pacts with demons for their magic.

Calibus101

Post by Calibus101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:36 am

I was ungraceful wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:35 am
Maybe magic is something acquired through magical artifacts rather then something anyone can do. We could even make it so, lore wise, cleric is a title given to people who were given a magical artifact by a church or governing body and wizards are just people who found a magical artifact on there own. Maybe the governing body or church spread rumors that the artifacts given to clerics are from a benevolent god while wizards make pacts with demons for their magic.
I like it! I'll have that as a good reasoning for obtaining magic powers. :)

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:39 am

So, in the normal populace eyes wizards and the such are evil? Greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaattttttttt. Also what races are you allowing

Calibus101

Post by Calibus101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:46 am

Xcelgamer wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:39 am
So, in the normal populace eyes wizards and the such are evil? Greeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaattttttttt. Also what races are you allowing
Not necessarily! I mostly really like the fact artifacts offer creatures powers. I'm not gonna hold back our Wizards and Sorcerers. (I love them) It just gives me a really good excuse to give goblins Fireball Spells

Human
Elf
Half-Elf
Dwarf
Halfling
Gnome
Dragonborn
Teifling(imagine half man half demon)
Half-Orc

I'm taking a break, but expect a fair lot done by the end of the weekend. so please! Keep shooting me some ideas and I'll do my best to make use of what I feel (And everyone else) a fun universe

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:49 am

Welp I have a few ideas for what to do for my character

I was ungraceful

Post by I was ungraceful » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:20 am

I want this to be the lore for where my character is from.

Place of origins:
Behbin's vertical garden, "Behbin"

Geology and history:
Behbin is a large triangular mountain that is flat on one side. The flat side of the mountain also happens to be covered in a forest of tall and wide sideways trees that turn up towards the sun at their tops. The mountain used to be the home of Harpies and giant insects until a pirate captain by the name of Behbin Sark crashed along the shore a couple miles away and purged the mountain of its inhabitants to make a base. Behbin was an eccentric who liked pretty things and so he named the mountain after himself while also calling it his vertical garden because of the bright red, orange, white and purple flowers that decorate the trees. Behbin and his pirate crew created bridges along the trees originally to reach the top, but over the years Behbin and his crew had children with their whores, captives and even other crew members and their children made the pirate base into a small vertical city with over 200 people living in it

The inhabitants of Behbin built houses on the trunks of the trees and carved sidewalks out of their bark and even created special pancho like clothing that flattens as the wearer falls or is hit by strong winds so it can be used similarly to a glider suit.

Economy:
Behbin is ruled by 3 Sages who are considered to be the strongest warriors in Behbin and reside at the top of the mountain in a tall and wide tower obviously worked on and remodeled several times over the years. While the 3 Sages are supposed to be the guardians of Behbin they are usually too held up doing paperwork to leave their tower for anything less serious then a full on war, which is why instead Behbin is home to multiple different kinds of mercenary schools. Being good at combat is a normal thing in Behbin since the career most children dream of having is mercenary and it's also the number 1 trade in Behbin along with wood and harpy and giant insect parts. While Behbin may be a forest most it's fruits are poisonous and so in order to survive it's inhabitants depend on war and mercenary work to make money or hunt for their food.

Inhabitants:
While the inhabitants of Behbin are all human they all also have at least 1 common ancestor and so similarities are bound to pop up. The most common ones are beady yellow eyes and thick feathery hair. The people of Behbin are quick on their feet and have a love for adrenaline, probably from years of learning to fly and battle, making them a slightly more rowdy and spontaneous group of people.

Dangers:
Behbin is still home to a multitude of species of giant insects and tree skeevers(large rats with strong tails to hold onto branches with.) That make life there dangerous, but it's inhabitants would be overjoyed if that was all. Behbin has no edible fruits or vegetables despite having plenty of fertile dirt except for the few imported in and every fruit or vegetables that grows naturally is filled with a different poison.

Calibus101

Post by Calibus101 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:49 am

Sure. I don't mind if your character is very exotic. Just know that he'll have to have traveled there to the current setting. A place known as Ebonwood Coast. A dark and mysterious place most do not travel to. However, there is a city called Saltstone. An intimidating City which also houses a coastal Isle and a strong navy. This is where all players will meet.

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:30 am

So am I all good to do that as well?