[REQ] [SCI] [Open, Updated 10/23] Verdant

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

F R O S T

[REQ] [SCI] [Open, Updated 10/23] Verdant

Post by F R O S T » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:28 am

The year is 3001 and you have been selected to embark on a journey of extraterrestrial space and time travel with three other passengers aboard the Icarus spacecraft. There is only a short period of time before you land on planet Pradus Y60L, or better known as the "Verdant" for the words used to describe the sight of it back when it was discovered by the international space station two hundred years ago.

Humans have since reached the green planet, which lays just outside of the Milky Way in their endeavors to find a new inhabitable land. After the colonization of the Mars, then the moon, humans have since mastered shorter distance space travel beyond that of our solar system.

Pradus Y60L "Verdant"

At three times the size of Earth, with four of its own moons, Verdant revolves around it's own sun at a habitable distance to sustain life. While little is known about the green planet, it's dense forest and abundant resources- especially that of Carbon-5 allow humans to procure and refine needed supplies such as water and fuel in order to survive. The air is not breathable for it contains high amounts of carbon dioxide but large glass domes have been erected at various landing zones that expand about ten miles out in diameter creating a sort oxygenated "biome" so that humans can go outside without oxygen tanks.

While a sizable population of humans do live on this planet within the domes it is still widely unexplored.

Mission
"Natural life" on Verdant is not unlike that of Earth. There are organisms filling the plains, forests and jungles of the world creating ecosystems following a similar "food-chain" style that is reminiscent of Earth's.

The only difference is the scale of which puts humans toward the bottom of that food chain.

Summary:
After a very strict selection process, four different individuals of various backgrounds were chosen from Mars, Earth and the Moon colonies based on their skills and intellect to explore and pave the way for life on the planet Pradus Y60L. Along the way survival in the wilderness of an alien planet will become key as these individuals are hunted down, exposed to the elements and challenged by the terrain of this beautiful and dangerous world.
Last edited by F R O S T on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
“I'm a sheep wearing wolves' clothing in a pack of wolves.”

F R O S T

Re: [REQ] [SCI] Verdant

Post by F R O S T » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:28 am

Rules

As always, please adhere to the RPForums rules and guidelines as well as the guidelines to the intermediate role play thread.

1. No godmodding, auto-hits or auto-kills against other characters.
2. Please stay active if you fill one of the limited slots. If you can't think of a way to jump in let me know and we'll fix that! If you are not active for one week (7 days) and there's been no word, your spot will be subject to forfeit to another person if there is enough interest. Your character will not be deleted, but you will not be able to join back in unless interest in this role play invites another opening.
3. Despite the second person intro, posts in this rp must be written in traditional third person POV.

That is all for now :)

Update 10/23/2017
We may implement ranks soon depending on if people like the idea. Also I tend to use light-color font a lot. This looks best with the board/skin style "rpf3dark", on the white version its a bit hard to see, if you are interested this can be changed in the user control panel- but it is not necessary as long as you can read everything.
Last edited by F R O S T on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

F R O S T

Post by F R O S T » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:29 am

Character Sheets

Name:
Job/title: (What is your character? Are they a researcher with years of experience in the lab or at a telescope, sent to collect samples? Do they specialize in killing things that attack first? Are they a wilderness explorer with keen survival instincts and knowledge?)
Age: (Feel free to include DOB, character must be 18+ as is recruiting requirement for this mission)
Appearance: (Description or Image is fine. Image can either be drawn or anime.)
Personality:
Equipment: (Weapons? Bag? Gear? Water, hopefully.)
Bio: (This can be as long or as short as you wish to make it. Really this space can or should be added to as your character develops not only as a reference to you, but others who are curious too.)
Extra: (Ideas? Likes, dislikes, extra skills, hobbies and quotes- really, whatever you like here.)

Character Slots Available as of 10/23/2017
Open
Open
Open
Open

You may reserve a slot for up to 24 hours from request- I will try to update this as frequently as possible to avoid confusion.

If there's not much interest we may start with less than four people.

I will be playing "NPCs" and beasts to keep the story moving.
Last edited by F R O S T on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

F R O S T

Post by F R O S T » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:29 am

More history of the colonies:

Verdant
When humans first came to Pradus Y60L "Verdant" they were met with a climate similar to Earth's but with an atmosphere more suited toward vegetation than human life. Poisoning to Carbon Dioxide could take hours here, so its safe to say humans can survive with bare minimum extra support for a time before conditions become serious.

Within the first fifty years of human life and a population of 50,000, five ten-mile domes were constructed within fifty miles of one another, each becoming a civilization of it's own divided into levels of power.

Green- Emerald City is the first civilization named after a fictional city in a movie created over a thousand years ago. This is where the farmers and agricultural resources management stays.
Brown- Keshade is the industrial district. There is known as one of the lesser domes with steam powered machines and technology. They produce computers, weapons and vehicles.
Red - Lagronus is the poorest district. Lagronus is known for their mining. They work tirelessly to procure the precious metals and carbon-5 beneath Verdent's surface. They often go outside the dome the most.
Blue- Shiri is the scholar district. Here the university governs the dome, teaching young students to fight, survive and become future leaders. Typically only "Gold's" send their children here.
Gold- "Capital" is the largest city. Typically the rich, public and governing officials resided here in luxury.
Last edited by F R O S T on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Quirbles

Post by Quirbles » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:58 am

Consider me interested.
"Do I dare
Disturb the universe?"
-T.S. Eliot, "Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

F R O S T

Post by F R O S T » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:29 am

Quirbles wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:58 am
Consider me interested.
Yay! I'm glad you like the idea.

FeatherBlood

Post by FeatherBlood » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:00 pm

Sure, this looks cool and I need a good RP to join. I will make a cs as soon as, but not tonight, need to get the ideas flowin' first
When you feel so lazy you want to sleep at all times and still do all things necessary in life

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm

I might be interested, but feel free to replace me if someone else really wants to play and I’m not posting.
~~ You are but a grain of sand, in the sands of time. ~~

F R O S T

Post by F R O S T » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:49 pm

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing who joins- I'm glad you both are interested.

All spots are still available for reservation if you do decide that you want to create a character but need time to.

**This is a question for anyone interested in joining.**
How does instilling ranks sound?
The four characters who start would start at a certain rank, depending on how active a character is and what they do they might be afforded to the next rank and so on. I'm thinking this would probably be on a 0-11 scale.

Incentive for being a higher rank could be stronger weapons, upgrades and leadership roles? I'm still just tossing this idea around- so if you have an suggestions, let me know!

If this idea in employed, The next opening we will probably be accepting four more character who will of course start at rank 0 and likely be trained by the vetted explorers, the first wave's characters.

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:52 pm

That would be interesting, would it be determined by player activity? Or just the characters?

Also, I’m debating either playing a science-doctor type or security. I don’t want to make a character and mess someone else up.
~~ You are but a grain of sand, in the sands of time. ~~