[One] Dangerous Game

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Miro-chan
Bronze

[One] Dangerous Game

Post by Miro-chan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:32 pm

He suddenly felt a cold sweat crawl up his back as he slowly took a seat on the mattress that lay in the middle of the room. His gaze was focused on the TV screen that had a video camera set up behind it. He'd purchased the building, mattress, TV, and video camera a week beforehand and set each up the night before, deciding that he was ready to see what happened when he was fast asleep. He adjusted his glasses some some and entwined his fingers in one another as he watched the actions happening on the TV screen. He slowly sat up and stood. He'd made his way to the barred window in the back of the room before he'd turned around and spotted the TV and camera. Crouched, he slowly made his way over the screen and brought his face close to the nozzle of the camera, his brows furrowed. Like a child, he spoke in a scared and tiny voice, "...Daddy?" Johnathan lifted his hand to cover his mouth in some form of shock and couldn't believe what he was seeing. He was doing all of this while he was asleep? But, he was talking to...himself?

His other self bent his head some as he asked, "Is that you, daddy? Are you..." He slowly took a step backwards and a devilish smirk had slowly creeped it way on his lips. As he spoke, the sound of the frightened child was replaced with a low, mischievous, amused tone, "Oh, I know you're watching, daddy. Did you want to see what I looked like? Huh, daddy?" He had taken a few more steps backwards and stood up straight to turn around, showing himself that he'd grown a few feet, his hair was black, and his jawline was more square shaped. "You see me now? Oh, I know you do!" He exclaimed as he suddenly jumped in a fit of crazed joy, landing right in front of the camera. "Guess what! I'm you--"

"No..." He mumbled, wiping the sweat from his crinkled brow.

"Oh ho ho, daddy!" He'd stated, a wicked grin on his lips. He spun around and jumped, landing on the mattress. "I am yooou! Haha! I am yooou!" He cackled as he ran around the room, jumping over a chair and landed back on the mattress, his hands up in the air. "OH! Oh, I know! I know! Daddy-" He started as he hopped in front of the camera, his hand a on his knees. He lifted one as he stated in excitement, "Daddy, daddy-- Think of a number! Go on! I know what you're thinking! Think of a number, daddy! Bet I can guess it!" He sang as he lifted a finger to point on the side of his forehead.

A bit reluctantly, he stated quietly and quickly, "Three hundred and forty-seven."

He immediately responded with a, "Three hundred and forty-seven!"

Johnathan lifted his hands to rub at his mouth as a gasp escaped his lips. "No...No, no..."

"Oh, yes, yes, yes, daddy!" He stated rather smugly, his face awfully close to the camera, city told ya I'd know! I'm in your head! Haha! I'm you, I'm in you, I'm you!" He then proceeded to run and jump about the room, "I'm in your head! Weeeeee! I'm in your head!" He screeched I'm excitement, much like a child who was getting a new toy. "Oh, daddy! I feel so good being out! I come out when you leave and oh, boy, isn't it great, daddy?!" He asked, turning back around.

The doctor quickly stood and turned off the camera and tried to turn off the TV, but to his horror, he was still on the screen. "No, you're not me! You're lying!" He exclaimed just as he began to laugh. Johnathan squatted down to unplug the television....only to have a pair of hands shoot out and grip him by the throat. He struggled to breath for a little bit before the hands retreated into the screen.

"Oh, daddy, you've got quite the imagination!" He stayed with a deep chuckle, shaking his arms and hands in delight. "I told you I'm in your head."

Johnathan ignored the repeated phrase of, "I'm in your head!" and laughter as he screamed himself and threw the TV down onto the floor in desperate to shut himself up. Out of breath, he slumped back onto the mattress to run his figures through his hair, the tears blurred his vision, and he gasped for breath as he allowed himself to cry. His suspicions were true. They were true... He had turned into someone else when he slept and....Oh, God, what had he done during those nights? He'd woken up a few times with blood on his clothing, or in a bedroom that he didn't recognize... Had he...hurt people--killed people?

Sniffing after a few moments, he'd calmed down and heard a doorbell ring. His blood ran cold as he stood and cautiously made his way through the building and slowly opened the door. Thinking he'd see his other self, he found a male with a large package, who stated, "Hi! You ordered this last night and we didn't have time to bring it, so...here it is!" Johnathan blinked some in confusion and replied, "...I didn't order anything." The male furrowed his own brows and nodded, saying, "122, Rosemary Blind Drive...right?" The doctor nodded also, "Yes..." The male grinned and held out the large box for him, "Then this is yours! It's the TV you ordered last night." Johnathan couldn't believe what he was hearing. He'd ordered the TV...knowing he'd break it when he saw the video. Sighing, he took it from the boy and signed the paper before disappearing back inside.

That had been two years ago and now Johnathan still lived in the same building. He'd stayed away from his family for a while, deciding that was the best way to keep them safe. He'd come to an agreement with his...other self and things were better than they were. He wasn't waking up someplace he didn't know and he'd hadn't had blood on his shirt for that entire time. Now, he had the confidence to hire someone...to help him figure out who...what he was. He put out a few flyers and sent a few flyers to get a therapist of sorts...Hopefully a psychiatrist.

(Additional Information & Rules will be in posts below.)
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Miro-chan
Bronze

Re: [One] Dangerous Game

Post by Miro-chan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:32 pm

Additional Information:

This is basically a 21st century story about Jekyll & Hyde. It's two years after Johnathan (aka Jekyll) has found out about his other self. He finally decides it's safe enough for him to get some help in trying to figure out on how Hyde came into his life and such. I'm still not sure if Johnathon should be married and fall in love with his psychiatrist, or if he shouldn't have a wife to just fall in love with the psychiatrist, or if he should have a wife and stay in love with her, etc.

I guess I'm looking for someone to either be the psychiatrist, or his wife. Someone could be Johnathan/Hyde if they'd like. I've got a good story idea for this. Hehe... If nobody is interested, then I'll just move this bad boy over to the thread I can create stories. :3
Last edited by Miro-chan on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:33 pm

Rules:
-Follow RPF Rules always.
-Cursing, violence, and romance is allowed.
-Lemme know if you'll be gone for a while/dropping the roleplay. I'll do the same. I understand that life gets in the way, so no worries. Haha.
-If you have any questions/ideas, I'll be happy to hear and answer them.
-Most importantly: HAVE FUN!
-I'll get a cs posted if someone is interested.
Last edited by Miro-chan on Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:33 pm

(For cs)

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:12 am

This is more interesting than the other one. Do you think we could do it in the beginner section but aim for intermediate standards? Also, could I be the Jekyll/Hyde person?

Miro-chan
Bronze

Post by Miro-chan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:28 am

Sure! I was just about to post it in the other. Lolz.