[F]Tales of the Demon Police

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
ShaFlow
Bronze

[F]Tales of the Demon Police

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:07 am

RP STATUS:OPEN

Long ago, during the earliest days of human civilization, the Yokai had roamed freely. Terrorizing villages, bringing about chaos and fear. Long after their original appearance there were humans who became capable of purging these monsters. Samurai of old, with god-like swordsmanship they were able to purge the land of Yokai. However this did not come without retaliation. More powerful Yokai began to make their appearance. The conflicts after were titled as the Demonic Struggles. Battles wavering in either the Samurai or the Yokai's victory. Blood was spilled. Both sides of the conflict sacrificed many lives.

Then the Yokai mysteriously vanished from our world. Without a trace humans were able to live without the constant threat of monsters. We were able to evolve, and progress our ways of life. Following many generations, they returned. Yet not returning to cause chaos. Not seeking lust, destruction, nor revenge. Instead...asylum. But what for? How could they possibly expect humans to forgive their dark past? We asked ourselves constantly, as they plead to coexist.How could they? Why would they?

They're just monsters...

Their world was dying.

Yes. Unexpectedly, Yokai came from another world through a portal. Ruled by the mighty Oni the fruit that once grew on the trees of the Demon world, have begun to decay. Without the fruit, the Yokai will starve and die out. While animosity drenched our hearts, as the grief of those that were lost in the past haunted us...we forgave the Yokai."We were young. With time we grew. Each and every one of us."[/b] However accepting them into our society would not be an easy transition. Monsters were still monsters and needed to be treated as such; precautions had to be installed.

This was the beginning of the first ever Sanctuary City. A heavily monitored habitat developed to house Yokai wishing to immigrate into human society. This was the only place a Yokai could live in our world. That was law. To monitor not only those currently living in the city, but those wanting to immigrate a special police force was established. The Shinsengumi. However these individuals were not the conventional soldier or law-keeper types to be recruited. The idea came from a woman named Elizabeth Orion.

"What if we have the worlds most monster like individuals, monitor the worlds literal monsters?"

Inmates from the worlds top prisons, offered a chance of redemption from their unrighteous paths. Serial-killers. White-collared criminals. Dictators. These were the types of individuals tasked with protecting the Sanctuary city. Rebels of the law now enforcing it. Their every day lives now spent managing the lives of others. And if they slip up, these others can easily do away with them. This city has never had an incident in which could jeopardize the Yokai's well being or the Shinsengumi's. For once, there is not only coexistence...but tranquility. But can this peace last for very long? After all it has been only two years since Sanctuary City's establishment.

Yet a darkness brews in the shadows of the Demon world and our own. One that will not only change the state of Sanctuary City but the everlasting future of humans and Yokai.

This is a story not about trying to stop some impending doom. Or a tale of heroes banding together to slay a dragon. This story is of the Shinsengumi, and how they try to fill their lives with legitimate entertainment. This is about the every day lives of a police force with no crime to stop, and no criminals to arrest. Where the Yokai all live peacefully with one another in Sanctuary City. Yet the pay is substantial so it isn't that bad.
=======

The Shinsengumi
The Shinsengumi are a police force consisting of mostly the worlds more dangerous criminals.They are expected to serve in the Shinsengumi for the amount of time of their original sentencing. However before being put into the field, they are taught about the different Yokai that they will encounter. Luckily all the Yokai documented have been placed in categories based on their abilities and other factors. Members of the Shinsengumi take orders from Elizabeth Orion, the elected Mayor. Their weapons consist of all weapon types except, firearms, explosives and anything else of the like. These are used to defend themselves if needed against Yokai...or themselves.Recently there have been a small amount of recruitment of Yokai into the force.

Types of Yokai
There are many Yokai living in the city. But how are they documented? Well the city has a massive archive on every Yokai that enters the city. Each Yokai that immigrates is put into a category based on abilities as well as other characteristics. Given a special ID card they're required to carry with a color which is based on their category.Some can fall into multiple categories but .The categories are as followed:

Undead and/or Gluttons:
Zombies, Skeletons, Vampires, Ghouls, etc. Most Yokai of this category often require to live off of the blood or life essence of another living organism. Excluding skeletons of course. Undead are required to carry a Black card.

Phantoms
Ghosts, Spirits, Wisps, etc. Yokai of this category are known for their ability to phase through objects and possess the bodies of weak-minded individuals. Phantoms are required to carry a White card.

Morphers
Werewolves, Shapeshifters, and others that can change their appearance at will. Some can change the very composition of their own body as well. Morphers are required to carry a Purple card.

Beasts:
Often monsters or animals of the Demon world carried as pets. Some have an average intelligence while others still act based off of instinct. Taking up animal forms and other inhumane monster like forms. Those with an average intellect are required to carry a Green card.

Berserkers
Unlike the others, Berserkers can never have a human like or even semi-human appearance. Berserkers can appear from a mighty Minotaur to even larger monstrosities. They are known for being the most destructive, yet in the city they are the most peaceful. Berserkers are required to carry a Red card.

Devils
These type of Yokai are categorized for their noticeable horns and powerful elemental magic. In the demon world they were the upper echelon of society. Among the rest they are the most dangerous.They are required to carry a Silver card.
=====
RP RULES
1)Follow all of the Forum Rules, Rules of the Intermediate Section and of this thread. This also applies with the 'My word is law'.
2)You have four days to post.After we'll leave you behind. You'll be given a warning at the second day.
3)Please no OP characters. Please no GodModing, or Metagaming.
4)All OOC stays within the respectable OOC thread and RP posts in the RP thread. As well as character sheets in the CS thread.'Marked' and the like count as OOC.
5)I'll only be accepting about 3 more people other than myself. So when the accepting queue is over, it's over.
6)If you've read all of the information above and all of the rules put:"Sadaharu" on top of your CS.
"Have you ever smelled a girls feet? Because I imagine, me and you could be doing that at some point..."

ShaFlow
Bronze

Re: [F]Tales of the Demon Police

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:07 am

Post reserved for Information
"Have you ever smelled a girls feet? Because I imagine, me and you could be doing that at some point..."

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:17 am

Besides the iffy reasons behind putting the world's most dangerous criminals in a police force, it's a treat to see an RP about a fantastic setting without the plot being too over-the-top. Definitely keeping my eyes on this.
"Lewd the sisters~"
- Annasiel, April 2018

ShaFlow
Bronze

Post by ShaFlow » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:19 am

Right on. I've made the CS thread and OOC thread if you wanna start.