[One] Life of the Party

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Light-Witch

[One] Life of the Party

Post by Light-Witch » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:48 am

Old idea from before the last wipe, and with a few edits, and from the other perspective compared to the one in Casual.

Eric Quinn was considered a really social person, but around the right people, he could appear to be more laid back from a distance. He could always be found talking to someone, and he refuses to use "text talk" like many people he's friends with while looking for more than a one-night stand like many of his friends have expressed interest in doing. Surprisingly enough, he can't stand today's pop at all, and will immediately become irritable if he's forced to listen to any of it for an extended period of time. So when his friend Nick has a party for the brief time that he's back home from the Marines, he finds out that he promised an old friend that it's going to only be music from early middle school and older if it has to be pop, and he agrees since their odd taste in music is what solidified their friendship. Everyone's old enough to drink, and friends from his past show up, and Nick makes a friend he's clearly known for a long time promise that they have to come out of their shell at some point when it appears as though they're avoids socializing for some reason. Yet when the Pandora station shuffles and These are the Lies comes on, (insert name here) suddenly comes out of their shell and dances with the first person they grabbed, which happens to be Eric, hitting it off as if they were old friends themselves.

As the two get to know each other, Eric learns that (insert name here) is family friends with Nick, but the two never attended the same school while spotting each other at events during school. The two of them are seen socializing with them for the rest of the party, and despite some egging them on to make a move as a joke, they part as friends. When they see each other a few days after the party, his new friend appears to be someone else with how they act, and it's hard to think that the same person forced them to the dance floor when one of their favorite songs came on. With some convincing, they agree to hang out with them more often, but they quickly show that they have some demons that Nick doesn't want to disclose without his friend's permission. Then, out of nowhere, their friend is taken to the hospital for a suicide attempt, and while their true feelings come to light, so do the skeletons in the closet for both of them. Will Eric be able to come to terms with the demons that (insert name here) was hiding from everyone for so long, or will they be enough to make him consider leaving before they can really get to know each other?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the remake of Life of the Party, and as you can see, this is the other perspective for the person Elissa would've pulled to the dance floor had she been there. Eric appears to be well adjusted with society, but he's got some secrets that will surprise many when they come to light. Links will be provided below, and once they're up, feel free to check them out once the hyperlink is established.
Last edited by Light-Witch on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

Rosalie
Silver

Re: [One] Life of the Party

Post by Rosalie » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:36 am

So I’m actually pretty interested in this.

I’m just curious about which character you’d like to play for this version? I read the one in Casual, and I think the characters with names are the ones you’d like to play right?
illirica wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Some even said she had put her hand on its underpane.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:55 am

The ones given are mine, yes. I have two up from both perspectives while also giving me a chance to have someone choose which one they prefer. The only other one mentioned is the one that caused them to meet, leaving a lot open for what could happen.

Which one do you want to do?

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:37 am

I’d like to do this one, just because I prefer intermediate posts for onexone’s.
illirica wrote:
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:40 am

Fair enough. CS thread's already up and linked to the original post and I'm currently working on mine as we speak.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:52 am

I’ll get started on mine as well! Although I’ll probably have mine up once yours is up, just because I like having an idea of what you’d like and stuff.
illirica wrote:

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:44 am

Hey just wondering if this is still a thing?
illirica wrote: