[REQ] Shatter Me

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Qnen1475

[REQ] Shatter Me

Post by Qnen1475 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:41 pm

This rp is based on the book series called Shatter Me by T. Mafi.

The Restablishment has taken over the whole world. The world is nearly barren and resources are limited...unless you're in the Restablishment. They keep most of the resources for themselves.

Juliette kills people by touch. That is, she can kill people on skin-to-skin contact. She was locked away before the Restablishment took over so she has no idea what's it like on the outside. She doesn't know there are other people like her. People with different powers and who are trying to overthrow the Restablishment.

Also, Juliette's memory was erased. She does not remember that her parents are in charge of Antarctica. She doesn't know she has a sister. She doesn't know she's already fallen in love with her soulmate. All she has is her false memories.

She's been alone for over a year. In a cell. With no lights. With no human contact. Only a small window showing the sky and a door with a slit for food to pass through.

She has no idea that her power is so much more than a lethal touch.

Fyri Duindae

Re: [REQ] Shatter Me

Post by Fyri Duindae » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pm

I have not read this series, but I am interested in this!
☆☆☆ "They all expected me to save them, but I'm starting to realize they may have saved me." ☆☆☆

Qnen1475

Post by Qnen1475 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:57 pm

Cool! Which side do you want to be on?

Fyri Duindae

Post by Fyri Duindae » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:12 pm

I'm thinking about being on the side of overthrowing, but I need some more info. Are the people on the outside fully aware of their powers (also what kinds of powers are existing?).

And for a possible Restablishment character (or is it meant to be re-establishment?), what might the motive be for the group as a whole (reason for charries to be on it) and what kinds of positions or jobs might there be for them? Hmm, though I could just make a character starting out as a guard for one of the cells like Juliette's...
☆☆☆ "They all expected me to save them, but I'm starting to realize they may have saved me." ☆☆☆

Qnen1475

Post by Qnen1475 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:25 pm

Well, in the book the head of the rebel group is Castle who has telekinesis. His mission is to find others with powers and help them control their own powers. Every character was born with the powers but did not realize they had them until their preteen years. Some other powers mentioned in the series include electricity, invisibility, flying, and healing.

Then for The Reestablishment, there's a Commander in each continent. Then there are sectors in each continent. Juliette is housed in Sector 45. There's a general in charge of each sector. Warner, Juliette's soulmate is in charge of Sector 45 and his father is in charge of the North American continent. Then, of course, there's soldiers.

Qnen1475

Post by Qnen1475 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:51 pm

The Reestablishment is an organization with the purpose of changing and saving the world. They are an organization in charge of the world that wish to destroy everything in order to start everything from scratch. An example would be how they plan to destroy all books so they can create one universal language that would be used by everyone. They plan to destroy and rewrite parts of the worlds. (Pulled from Wiki)

BlueJay1403

Post by BlueJay1403 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:56 pm

Seems cool, a good choice for my venture onto this site maybe? Certainly something of a change of pace! I would either be an oblivious/forced soldier or a powered kid with crystallokinesis.

Qnen1475

Post by Qnen1475 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Why not be both and have two characters?

Fyri Duindae

Post by Fyri Duindae » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:30 am

Okay, so sorry I poofed! I work at a school and I'm still getting used to my new work schedule! Busy!

Anyway! I think I have a fun character idea for this and would still be interested in joining! Question: Is it possible to have powered people working for the Reestablishment/What is the reestablishment's view toward people with powers? Dangerous or useful?

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:49 pm

I'm so in! I'll probably be making two characters on the overthrowing side.
illirica wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Some even said she had put her hand on its underpane.