Akashic Arcana(open to suggestions, community style)

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Eren Kuron

Akashic Arcana(open to suggestions, community style)

Post by Eren Kuron » Fri May 03, 2019 5:17 pm

The year 2008, the world finds signs of true, powerful magic

The year 2012, it uses it to destroy itself

In a huge war for the planet's remaining resources, WWIII became a reality. However, the sheer size of the war made it become known as the Hundred year's war. In the span of 20 actual years, the war was fought not with nuclear armaments, and not with guns, but rather with powers that humanity did not fully understand. And as such, they produced results that nobody had expected.

An entire third of the world's population was wiped out from this war. The middle east became known as "No Man's Land" because the powers that had been used there warped the landscape into an inescapable hellscape, full of horribly mutated creatures and humans alike. And from the ashes of the earth rose 8 Nations of the world

North America became known as the North American Co-op, with Mexico and Canada joining the United States into becoming one Nation, along with a number of central american countries.

South America banded together to become the Latin Alliance, who's drug industry creates tensions with their northern counterparts.

The United Kingdom broke off from Europe and became known as the Holy Nation of Britannica, a land isolated from the rest of the world.

Europe's Union became a single nation, with the former countries making it up becoming power-limited states.

China enacted an age-old document that annexed North Korea and Mongolia, become the Chinese Federation.

Much of South and Southeast Asia banded together to become PACT(the Pacific Alliance for Commerce and Trade), a huge nation with ties to the North American Co-op through Japan and Guam.

The continent of Africa annexed itself into a single country, now called "Haven" by the rest of the world.

Russia annexed much of Easturn Europe, including the Baltic Peninsula, Ukraine and Belarus to rebrand itself as the Confederacy, and now faces tension with most of the world due to rumors of civil rights infringements and highly dangerous human experiments that are said to mix modern technology with the powers that wiped out a huge portion of the world's population.

Within these circumstances, one place now holds a diverse community of people from all countries of the world: Akashic Academy. An educational facility south of Chiba, japan. Skilled teenagers from all countries are sent to this school to be trained in the arts of magic, not to use to fight, but rather how to use it for the good of the Earth and humanity as a whole.

You are a student in this Academy. Your choices and interactions with other students are watched closely by the rest of the world, not to observe your own personality, but to test the countries of the world's abilities to interact with one another peacefully, and to see if people from different places can truly get along. Your behavior could very well decide the fate of entire nations, whether they ease tensions or go to war. Although you don't understand, sometimes war is a preferable alternative to peace. Because war now could stop larger conflict later. But it could also destroy a weak enough nation.

Spyronic

Re: Akashic Arcana(open to suggestions, community style)

Post by Spyronic » Tue May 07, 2019 10:48 pm

im interested in this if your still up for it
πSpy's like me like Pies like you.π

YusiFirefox3699

Post by YusiFirefox3699 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:12 am

I'd be up for it. What type of magic system would you use? And would you allow more than one character to be played by an rper?

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

May the stars align to guide you

LibbyM098

Post by LibbyM098 » Wed May 08, 2019 11:24 am

I am interested! Would love to rp a Russian Character!

Eren Kuron

Post by Eren Kuron » Mon May 20, 2019 2:33 pm

I can probably set something up for this scenario, I would most likely just say most any magic is allowed, as long as it can follow the heritage(Russians have Magitech, Chinese would mix magic with martial arts, as would a lot of PACT nations. Haven would have more survival-set magics due to their harsh environment, etc.)

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Mon May 20, 2019 3:10 pm

I'd be interested in this as well, the prompt looks like a lot of fun.

Eren Kuron

Post by Eren Kuron » Mon May 20, 2019 4:43 pm

Alright, I'll look into getting it started!