MELD verse (Scifi-Fantasy RP)

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Galeem

Re: MELD verse (Scifi-Fantasy RP)

Post by Galeem » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:51 am

Droftarts wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:44 am
Name: Galon Deblon

Race: Fungal Human

Main Power: His powers are based around the spirit Obelisk. He releases puffs of spores that suck the spiritual energy out of people and can get through very thick armor. The spores die very quick if they aren't attached to something. The effect tires out enemies and can even kill them. They can only be shot to a maximum of 20ft in a thinthin stream if there's no wind. He can cure someone almost instantly. A good long bath with lots a scrubbing, being burned, and swimming in alcohol for 2 minutes will cure someone.

Passive Power: He has a small cloud of special unique spores that activate when he is stressed that steal energy from the surrounding living creaters within a 3ft. radius and give him energy and health.

Zombie Drive: The effect of being part fungus and powered by the Obelisk give him physical strength but mainly endurance. He can't run fast but he can run for forever. He isn't the strongest but he could lift weights longer. The downside is that in short engagements he lacks the raw immediate power to defeat someone.

Appearence: He is about 6ft. tall and slender. His right arm is abnormally large and is completely covered in mushrooms and other fungus. The rest of him appears normal but his skin is naturally tinted greenish-yellow. He likes to wear leather jackets and sunglasses.

Bio: Galon was a young and ambitious park ranger that loved the outdoors and off-road vehicles that could keep up with his thirst for adventure. He loved spending weeks in the woods and the only people that could get to leave were his Mom and pretty girls.

Galon was driving throughthrough the woods with a girl named Sally the day of the event. Galon had been pursuing Sally for over 4 years abd she finally said "yes" to gowing out with him. Galon was going to make this the best date ever.

The plan was to watch the Sunset on Lookout Cliff with a nice picnic and then look at the glowing mushrooms in the swampy pine woods below.

The picnic went AMAZING and Galon was ready to finish it off with a walk in through the glowing mushroom covered woods. Galon and Sally were admiring a bed of green glowing mushrooms when it happend.

The earth shooms and a giant burst of air seemed to blow from all directions. Galon felt as if his head had split. Galon fell face up into the mushroom convulsing with Obelisk is energy as Sally turned to crystals right infront of him.

He sat there for days on the brink of death in extreme physical pain, but with even greater emotional pain having to stare and the lifeless statue of sally.

He finally stabalized and was able to leave that place. His jeep was destroyed so he slowly walked back. Galon has a necklace with a small crystal from Sally's statue on his neck that always wear on his neck. After he finally got back to his home he was immediately recruited to join the army against the Titan. He has an intense hatred for the Titan and intends to make him pay for his crimes.

Personality: Galon is charismatic and loves to play around and joke. He can't resist a pretty face but is not easily persuaded by men, he's not a playboy he's just helpless against pretty girls. Galon really really REALLY hates sour cream and will puke if he even sees the stuff. He gets very serious every time he hears about or sees a crystal statue and will occasionally cry if you let him look at one too long.

*I haven't spell or grammer checked this at all. Just a ruff draft*
seems good, just try to have it fit in with the format I have there.

Once you're done I'll review it one more time for corrections then approve it.
Every thought is a battle every breath is a war and I don't think I'm winning anymore 😰

Spyronic

Post by Spyronic » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:16 am

So Galeem one could say that a power for the Space Obelisk could be telekinesis in the way that Susan Storm (Fantastic 4) has Psionic Force Fields(more like flying psionic hurting chakrams) and like a Psionic blast(only) which has a mental/physical limitation like using the. Or Spacial Magic like Dr.Strange but with limitations like a mana limit and that certain 'spells' take certain amounts of mana and 'spells' are only as good as the caster's understanding.
πSpy's like me like Pies like you.π

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Really? Boy, did I read that one wrong, I was thinking it had to be two different obelisks for some reason, even though it is very obviously not that now that I go back and read it. That was actually kinda my reason for not wanting a second one, so I'm just silly. I'm just gonna stick with Power then.

I really appreciate the time you're taking to clear all these things up, by the way. I think I'm finally good to go!

Galeem

Post by Galeem » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:42 pm

Spyronic wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:16 am
So Galeem one could say that a power for the Space Obelisk could be telekinesis in the way that Susan Storm (Fantastic 4) has Psionic Force Fields(more like flying psionic hurting chakrams) and like a Psionic blast(only) which has a mental/physical limitation like using the. Or Spacial Magic like Dr.Strange but with limitations like a mana limit and that certain 'spells' take certain amounts of mana and 'spells' are only as good as the caster's understanding.
1) I'd consider Invisible Woman's forcefields to either be Space or Mind so either of those two you can say it is.

It'd be like a variant of tk, it would be different by being invisible and tangible of course.

2) Anything that's like magic is going to be the Soul obelisk, you can include stamina as a cost for the abilities but you can have only a maximum of two powers anyway

Being like Doctor Strange with the knowledge of hundreds of spells won't be a thing, spells are more a Soul Obelisk thing and so only two spells if you decide to go that route.
Every thought is a battle every breath is a war and I don't think I'm winning anymore 😰

Spyronic

Post by Spyronic » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:32 pm

Could I really choose to do Captain Marvel's powers specifically her Binary powers(manipulation of energy and gravity)? With the limitation being that it requires energy to do so and using it all up would render her unconscious and even after that she is unable to use her powers during the recharge time and is still physically tired

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:36 pm

What type of manipulations? And I'm guessing it's up to how you can explain the correlation between the powers and the obelisk.
“sorry i cant hear you over the sound of me running headfirst into a concrete wall” - Shaw

“Fuck your cloud of blueberry lies” - Fang

“I had a chungus tea once. It was a chunky boi. I chucked my change at Charles who chucked up chunks of chungus chai.” - Ser

Spyronic

Post by Spyronic » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:49 pm

Well the Binary power, Manipulation of Energy and Gravity.
Energy: Electromagnetic, Thermal, Mechanical
Gravity: Can manipulate gravity within a 10ft diameter or just self.

Or
Like Invisible Woman
Force-field projection (which'd be the only thing I'd need as application can go as far as the imagination within reason)
Last edited by Spyronic on Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:08 pm

Again just guessing but I'm assuming that in the case of energy you'll have to go with one type of energy and explain it through, say the forced acceleration of particles using the space stone for thermal energy.
Gravity sounds like a space stone power though stronger powers usually get more limitations
“sorry i cant hear you over the sound of me running headfirst into a concrete wall” - Shaw

“Fuck your cloud of blueberry lies” - Fang

“I had a chungus tea once. It was a chunky boi. I chucked my change at Charles who chucked up chunks of chungus chai.” - Ser

Spyronic

Post by Spyronic » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:14 pm

I'll just go with Invisible Woman's powers so I don't break rules and make it simple on everyone. So very much so, Thank you for y'alls patience with me.

Energy is not something that could be contained to just one type because of the way it all changes from potential to kinetic energy and understanding that as it is would just open the doors for more types of energy

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:33 pm

With superhero stuff you sometimes just to handwave a few things. "It works like that, because it does. No, it doesn't work that other way. Just doesn't. No more questions!"