MELD verse (Scifi-Fantasy RP)

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Galeem

Re: MELD verse (Scifi-Fantasy RP)

Post by Galeem » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:49 am

illirica wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:45 am
Galeem wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:41 am

1) Hmm base enhancement can't be declined, everyone who has an Obelisk power automatically has enhanced human stats (typically Captain America level but you may opt to have lower enhancements for your character). The reason is because it was suddenly forced. People with two Obelisk powers have normal human stats because they have greater capacity in versatility due to the extra power
2) You must include a passive beneficial trait for your character, this passive should be based around your power.
3) Seems good for the most part altho I'd like more detail on Obelisk 1's well 'power' and more of how it can be used
4) I'll have a format ready soon for people to fill in, so no need to worry too much about having to make your own.
Like I said, it's a WIP.

I'd like to argue the first point. I feel like if you can run a normie human, you should be able to run a normie human with one power rather than having two or having extra durability or something. I'd really rather keep her "do one thing, do it well" because that's how I feel I RP best.
Hmm I hear what you say but the lore would have to be changed (I kind of have set it up that the majority of obelisk humans are enhanced), can we just compromise and say that she received a mild physical enhancement? much lower than other super humans but a little bit greater than a normal one?
Every thought is a battle every breath is a war and I don't think I'm winning anymore 😰

Droftarts

Post by Droftarts » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:52 am

My phone glitches sometimes, are you seeing my questions? Do you see this post?

Droftarts

Post by Droftarts » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:52 am

My phone glitches sometimes, are you seeing my questions? Do you see this post?

Galeem

Post by Galeem » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:53 am

Spyronic wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:42 am
I'm interested in this and am crafting a cs if i can join.
Yes you may join this ^.^
Droftarts wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:39 am
Hey I'm highly interested but I have some waky ideas
1) Looking at Power, could I have a guy that shots a flame *I'm going to call it void fire* that eats up energy. So if there's a fire, he shoots his flames which consume the energy of the fire stopping it but also fizzle out once he essentially burns out the fire.
2) Looking at soul I'm looking at a charcter that is a mask and can control any non-owned body that he is put on. So you can kill the machine or corpse I'm attached to but you can't kill me unless you destroy the mask.
Both seem balanced and fine to me tbh, so you can go with either. Just stay true to the weakness and don't make like the mask really hard to destroy

Droftarts wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:46 am
Hey Galeem, I asked a question earlier, I don't know if you saw it or not, and I have another question, are there alien races and can my character be on par with everyone else because of his race not because he got any Obelisk powers?
Nope sorry, Obelisk empowered people are supposed to be stronger than non obelisk powered people. Unless you're in a super mecha or something you shouldn't be as powerful as one.
Every thought is a battle every breath is a war and I don't think I'm winning anymore 😰

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:58 am

Galeem wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:49 am

Hmm I hear what you say but the lore would have to be changed (I kind of have set it up that the majority of obelisk humans are enhanced), can we just compromise and say that she received a mild physical enhancement? much lower than other super humans but a little bit greater than a normal one?
I hear you. Your RP, your rules. Let me think about that one, then - I don't know if I want to pick up a physical stat bonus or a second obelisk. I will choose one of them, but I want to spend some time considering my options before I commit. I still gotta come up with that passive as well, but otherwise I think I'm feeling like I'm getting there.

Galeem

Re:

Post by Galeem » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:05 am

WackyQuacky wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:34 am
WIP

Powers/abilities:

Reality obelisk
• She can create pocket realities ranging from the size of a city to small realities only a few feet in diameter, for a short time. She can warp these realities to how she wishes. If she is in a reality created by someone else, she can have influence on that reality as well although it is not on as big a scale as it would be in her own pocket reality.
• She can create reality portals. These she can use to travel between places she can visualise. Takes several seconds to create portal and had a cool down of an hour between each portal.
• She can manipulate matter, changing the shape and size of the object. She can not create matter and must use what is around her for this ability.
• She can create illusions for a short amount of time. This includes illusions of people, places or objects. She can make you think you are in a field full of flowers while you are standing in your living room.

Obelisk passive:
• Small energy shield that can protect her from small attacks from weapons or power attacks.
• She is able to see the entrances of pocket realities. Its hard for her to see, like a slight rippling appearance in the air that she can only really see if she is looking for it

Power Exploitation:

• Her shield doesn’t protect her forever and after several rounds of bullets or a strong power attack, the shield will go down and she will be left without a shield until she gains enough energy back for the shield to return.
• Her pocket realities are only temporary and the length of time they are able to contain someone depends on the strength of their power and her energy levels at the time the pocket reality was created. This means that they pocket can last anywhere from a few minutes to hours or days depending of the person it is containing.
• With matter manipulation, she can only use the atoms that she is given. As in, she can not create matter out of thin air and her manipulation is limited to only smaller objects. Buildings, whole planets or asteroids are too large for her to manipulate
• Her illusions always have one with that is off or odd about them. Once the person has spotted this and realises it’s an illusion, they no long have an influence on the person.
Everything seems good but this which needs to be addressed,

1) Too many different powers, there's only a max of two allowed. You'd have to choose one of the four you listed or two of the four
2) Also range of pocket realities if you choose to have it needs to be drastically reduced (city is by far too big)
3) One passive per power
illirica wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:58 am
Galeem wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:49 am

I hear you. Your RP, your rules. Let me think about that one, then - I don't know if I want to pick up a physical stat bonus or a second obelisk. I will choose one of them, but I want to spend some time considering my options before I commit. I still gotta come up with that passive as well, but otherwise I think I'm feeling like I'm getting there.
https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=12499

Well here's the link to the Character Sheets when ever you are ready.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:13 am

Question: If I wanted some sort of battlefield awareness power, what obelisk would that best be under? Something like being able to know how many enemies there are and vague directions as to where they might be and a sense of which ones are "strong" is kind of what I'm thinking. I was thinking maybe "Mind" except it's her own mind and not other people's? Plus that would be nice because I'd like to give her a "teamwork" passive that subtly boosts trust among teammates / responsiveness to each other's tactics / etc.

Is that something you can work with?

And then for Passive for her first power, can I get away with energy absorption? I think it'd tie in well with the battery power idea.

Droftarts

Post by Droftarts » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:44 am

Name: Galon Deblon

Race: Fungal Human

Main Power: His powers are based around the spirit Obelisk. He releases puffs of spores that suck the spiritual energy out of people and can get through very thick armor. The spores die very quick if they aren't attached to something. The effect tires out enemies and can even kill them. They can only be shot to a maximum of 20ft in a thinthin stream if there's no wind. He can cure someone almost instantly. A good long bath with lots a scrubbing, being burned, and swimming in alcohol for 2 minutes will cure someone.

Passive Power: He has a small cloud of special unique spores that activate when he is stressed that steal energy from the surrounding living creaters within a 3ft. radius and give him energy and health.

Zombie Drive: The effect of being part fungus and powered by the Obelisk give him physical strength but mainly endurance. He can't run fast but he can run for forever. He isn't the strongest but he could lift weights longer. The downside is that in short engagements he lacks the raw immediate power to defeat someone.

Appearence: He is about 6ft. tall and slender. His right arm is abnormally large and is completely covered in mushrooms and other fungus. The rest of him appears normal but his skin is naturally tinted greenish-yellow. He likes to wear leather jackets and sunglasses.

Bio: Galon was a young and ambitious park ranger that loved the outdoors and off-road vehicles that could keep up with his thirst for adventure. He loved spending weeks in the woods and the only people that could get to leave were his Mom and pretty girls.

Galon was driving throughthrough the woods with a girl named Sally the day of the event. Galon had been pursuing Sally for over 4 years abd she finally said "yes" to gowing out with him. Galon was going to make this the best date ever.

The plan was to watch the Sunset on Lookout Cliff with a nice picnic and then look at the glowing mushrooms in the swampy pine woods below.

The picnic went AMAZING and Galon was ready to finish it off with a walk in through the glowing mushroom covered woods. Galon and Sally were admiring a bed of green glowing mushrooms when it happend.

The earth shooms and a giant burst of air seemed to blow from all directions. Galon felt as if his head had split. Galon fell face up into the mushroom convulsing with Obelisk is energy as Sally turned to crystals right infront of him.

He sat there for days on the brink of death in extreme physical pain, but with even greater emotional pain having to stare and the lifeless statue of sally.

He finally stabalized and was able to leave that place. His jeep was destroyed so he slowly walked back. Galon has a necklace with a small crystal from Sally's statue on his neck that always wear on his neck. After he finally got back to his home he was immediately recruited to join the army against the Titan. He has an intense hatred for the Titan and intends to make him pay for his crimes.

Personality: Galon is charismatic and loves to play around and joke. He can't resist a pretty face but is not easily persuaded by men, he's not a playboy he's just helpless against pretty girls. Galon really really REALLY hates sour cream and will puke if he even sees the stuff. He gets very serious every time he hears about or sees a crystal statue and will occasionally cry if you let him look at one too long.

*I haven't spell or grammer checked this at all. Just a ruff draft*

Droftarts

Post by Droftarts » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:46 am

Is this approved? If so I will copy and paste it to the CS forum.

Galeem

Post by Galeem » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:47 am

But note you can't mix mash Obelisks, so it'd be two of power or two of mind.

Altho I think Soul Obelisk can fit what you want pretty well?
maybe Space?