[REQ]Opposites

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
databaseoverload
Bronze

[REQ]Opposites

Post by databaseoverload » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:38 am

Everyone has a complete and total opposite. A “mirror.” A “pain in the ass.” Someone they have to put up with forever. Under the cover of a school, the government has started a study on the psychological effects opposites have on each other as youths.

Students ages 11-18 have been transferred to a secure location where the study will take place. They will not know the experiment is taking place and will most likely never know in order to keep the results as accurate as possible. Under no circumstances should the information be revealed to any of the children.

Opposites can be so frustrating. While some get along great, most are incompatible. Unfortunately this leads to unrest and disfunction in households and whole communities. Not a lot is known about the phenomenon, despite it being a constant in everyday life.

So I was a little lazy with this one and didn’t write paragraphs upon paragraphs but I hope it’s enough to work with. I hope that we can kind of match up and make each other’s opposites, but that’s a bit of wishful thinking, so if you’d have more fun being your own, go for it.

I just wanted something conflict based without it having to be combat based since I’m bad at writing that, but love some good drama.

Rules:
1. Basic forum rules, please the mods.
2. Be flexible, I have many ideas on how this plot can go and it may not be how you think it will.
3. Opposite doesn’t always mean angel and devil, be creative.
4. Have fun, if you aren’t feeling it, let me know and we can arrange for someone to take on the opposite you play so no one gets left behind.

CS:

Name:
Opposite: (can be left blank if not made yet)
Personality:
Dislikes: (at least 3)
Appearance:
Other:

I might post this same rp in casual if anyone has a preference, since I feel happy with this rp and would be okay with running two versions at once.
Don’t hold your breath for me
But watching you turn blue would be comforting

anotherbabyrose
Bronze

Re: [REQ]Opposites

Post by anotherbabyrose » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:52 am

Ooooh. This sounds good. I’m v interested! I’ll get started on a CS.

Would you like the appearance to be real or anime?
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:52 pm

I prefer realistic, but anime is fine if you can’t find a good realistic one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:09 am

Ooh. This looks fun, I love tension and conflict. It's too late for me to be any use at all tonight, but I'll whip out a CS tomorrow. If anyone wants me to play an opposite of Their Character I'm pretty good at being flexible and totally willing to build around someone.

databaseoverload
Bronze

Post by databaseoverload » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:53 am

CS:

Name: Keith Wilson

Opposite:

Personality: Keith actually does not give one singular shit. If they are going to force him to live here, they play by his rules and his alone. Like he would ever pay attention to these asshats anyway. Regardless of his less than stellar reputation, he’s really nice. No, really. Just not to the douche fucks keeping him here. Maybe that’s why his profile paints him like the actual antichrist. He doesn’t take it personally, he knows he’s a prick.

For the most part, the other students seem to like Keith. Maybe they are just being nice, but Keith likes to think all people act the way they feel just like he does. He’s very honest with everyone except himself. He doesn’t like to admit that he has a problem, rather it be his drug use or eating disorder. He acts like he has it all under control. He doesn’t.

Keith really does care what people think about him. He wants the staff to think he’s a force to be reckoned with, while he wants the other students to think he’s a good person. These can often conflict. Sometimes the staff will catch him being sweet to another student, or a student will catch him physically fighting staff. He tries to manage this as easily as possible, but it’s hard. He really wants people to like him, but the staff fucks that up frequently.

-Loud music
-Sleeping
-Being left alone
-Cats
-Space

Dislikes:
-Feeling trapped
-Sugar
-Any authority
-Seafood
-Intrusions of privacy
-Other people doing his laundry
-Anyone touching his stuff without permission in general

Appearance:Image

anotherbabyrose
Bronze

Post by anotherbabyrose » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 am

Keith is daddy af I call him 😤

databaseoverload
Bronze

[REQ]Opposites

Post by databaseoverload » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:46 am

CS:

Name: Vivian Changtai

Opposite: Hero Omura

Personality: Vivian often acts braver than she actually is. She is very happy a lot and doesn't let anyone get her down. Though, she is a bit of an airhead. But the lack of knowledge in her head makes room for other things though.

Vivian has a good memory when it comes to information about people. This comes in handy when the gossip train comes around. She is known for spewing overheard secrets. She doesn’t mean to, but does does have a tendency to do whatever she wants even when others prefer her not to.

-Small dogs
-Rain
-Astrology
-Scary movies

Dislikes:
-Crowds
-Bright colors
-Loud people
-Bugs

Appearance:Image

Other:
Last edited by databaseoverload on Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

anotherbabyrose
Bronze

Post by anotherbabyrose » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:16 pm

Name: Hero Omura
Opposite: Vivian Changtai
Personality: Hero is extremely reserved, to say the least. She doesn’t trust easily and would rather spend her time locked up in her room with a good movie, rather than in a room full of people. Don’t get me wrong, she’ll converse if she has to but it’s not her favorite thing in the world.

Extremely clever, the girl is full of sassy and quirky things to say. She sees life differently, and weighs her options before acting. She’s not the happiest person, and you’ll rarely see her smile. She may be 16 but she’s wise beyond her years. She has a strange sense of humor, and may say things that will shock people because she really can’t give a damn what people think of her. But even with all that being said, Hero is an extremely good friend. When she says you have her word, she means that. Nothing is more important to her than keeping and carrying out promises. And her friendships mean the world to her.
- Dogs
- Candy
- Rain
- Long walks in the evenings
Dislikes:
- Crowds
- Heat
- Cats
- Vegetables
- Loud people/music/things
Appearance:
Last edited by anotherbabyrose on Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

anotherbabyrose
Bronze

Post by anotherbabyrose » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:50 pm

Name: Jae Young
Opposite:
Personality: Jae is the silent brooding type, although if aggravated he can have quite a temper on him. He usually tends to keep to himself which is why he doesn’t have all that many friends. He can be really sweet and understanding, although extremely shy when talked to directly. A huge hopeless romantic, he crushes on girls rather easily. Jae tends to enjoy having time to himself, to read or to think, he doesn't like large crowds. Extremely claustrophobic, he absolutely detests small places. He's a pretty down to earth guy, and can offer up pretty great advice when needed.

Coming from a middle-class background, Jae has never had anything handed to him. He's always worked for whatever he wanted, and he really wouldn't have it any other way. He has strong ideas, and he hates seeing any injustice. Although he is a tad bit shy, it definitely wouldn't stop him from standing up for what he belives in. He's not really a big guy or the strongest, but he's very quick-witted and creative.
- Quiet time
- Movies
- Cooking
- Cleaning
- Nature and all animals
Dislikes:
- Small spaces
- Loud music/people
- Injustice
- Rude people
- Dirt/clutter
Appearance: