[REQ] Elementals (Open)

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Light-Witch

[REQ] Elementals (Open)

Post by Light-Witch » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:52 pm

"You're not normal, and as far as I'm concerned, you're a blemish that deserves to be cleaned from the face of the earth." His voice was cold, and for a member of administration, he wasn't supposed to be talking this way to a student. "I don't understand, what are you talking about...?" The young woman feigned ignorance, but she knew exactly what he was talking about: the electricity that shocked another student; the electricity that came from her hands. "You're an Elemental, and I was trained to pick you and those like you out." The man then reached for something in the desk, and the young woman felt something tighten in her chest as the principal of her school just as he pulled out a gun, something a school official shouldn't ever have. "No... Mr. Parker, please..." A dark chuckle was the response she got, but at that point she knew the electricity had returned, and she threw the ball of purple sparks before running from the school building. "MyKaila Amaro, you will fall, and every Elemental will fall with you." Mr. Parker then made a series of phone calls, and that was when a few other cars showed up that made things unusual for the normal students. Whomever arrived, they bore an unusual insignia on their clothing, and it was clear that those like MyKaila were their targets.

"Mitchell Parker, you did a good job tracking the Elementals that were spotted in your day job. We'll take things from here, and I will make sure your daughter and Jane Brenek's son will test their skills in the fields. Stay vigilant."

The Elementals live in fear of the Hunters.

What a dream it is to have control over an element, and for many people, that's only a dream. For a few, they can control it, but until the Civil War, those known as the Elementals had no fear of living their lives, until secret documents were revealed that Lincoln was in control of an element: light, and Booth was part of an organization that was hunting those like him. When those like Lincoln began to drop more often, the world suddenly became secretly divided into three sections: Elementals, Hunters, and everyday humans. Everyone starts out human, but once you reach the age of sixteen, the element you can control will show itself if you're an Elemental. If it doesn't show, then you're a human, and Hunters begin taking on missions at sixteen to find and eliminate Elementals. The last time an Elemental was publically executed was when JFK, a lightning Elemental, was shot, a brazen show by Hunters when he was trying to make an effort to have others like him live a life free from fear of the Hunters. Since then, Elementals have gone into hiding, and very rarely do any appear since their lines have been dying as of late.

MyKaila Amaro is another Elemental that can control electricity, and she's been on the run since her principal discovered that she attacked a student as her powers developed once she turned sixteen. Ryan Brenek was nineteen when she was branded a target, and when he lost the trail, it made him a disgrace among Hunters due to how close he was to catching her before suddenly finding her vanishing into thin air. Nobody was even aware that she was missing, and when normal students and teachers began asking where she went, they were stonewalled before one student discovered the truth: Nash Ritz. As a result, he began retracing her steps that Ryan had, and became an ally to the Elementals once he found her and learned the truth about the world. The world is gearing up for war between the Hunters and the Elementals, and those that know they exist have to take a side before things come to a head. The question is, who are you: an Elemental that's been on the run since their powers developed, a Hunter that was trained to "clean up" the world from those like the Elementals, or a normal human who's been exposed to this world and choosing a side before the war finally comes?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my first group idea in a long time, and honestly, this was an idea that I had circulating around for a while now. As a way of explaining this, this takes place in modern times, but some people have an unexplained ability to control an element, which is why they're named Elementals. They lived in peace with those around them for centuries, but certain people feel that Elementals need to be removed from the world, and they formed an organization known simply as the Hunters. Knowledge of the Elementals and the Hunters was kept secret from most of the world, and while some Elementals have had positions of authority over the years, they managed to keep their powers under wraps until Lincoln, JFK, and other Elementals in positions of power were assassinated. The world was kept blind to the Elementals being real, and while they have been dying out, more Elementals have appeared as if they're trying to defend themselves from more Hunters.

The groups:

Image Elemental Insignia
Those who can control an element, and when it manifests, the world will know because of how sudden it appears. The elements are air, fire, water, earth, darkness, light, energy, ice, and electricity. There are very rare Elementals that can control all the elements except darkness, light, and energy at once, and they're known as the Atmo, or weather manipulators. As far as the major bases for Elementals are concerned, there are three Atmo present right now, and one of them is currently at the Niagara Falls base hidden just by the Falls on the American side of the border. MyKaila Amaro is a known Electro, and she's been a beacon of hope for the Elementals despite her age, but her father is the leader of the Niagara Falls base as a Kinetic, or energy Elemental. The two of them have a strong opposition to war, but they know they can fight if it comes down to that. Known Elementals appear at sixteen, and children of known Elementals know that there's 25% chance that their child will be a normal human when two of them have a child. Since the largest base is Niagara Falls, known Elementals at the base are:

Leader: Ronald Amaro (Kinetic, played by Light-Witch)
Second-in-command: (reserved for anotherbabyrose)

Head teacher: (PM for this position)
Teachers:

Head recruiter: Adreana Nighe (Umbra, played by Ash)
Recruiters:

• (Reserved for SaheenTikeerleesh)

• Jacqueline Rose (played by Xcelgamer)

• MyKaila Amaro (played by Light-Witch)

• Lianna Parker (former Hunter, presumed missing by those she trained with and under, played by Light-Witch)

Vigilantia ad elementi, dum venationem appareant. Vigilance against an Elemental, hunt them when they appear.

The Hunters are a secret organization determined to wipe out Elementals, and while not many people know about them, those that do have been convinced to help them by stating that the control of an element is dangerous to humans. Not many of them have appeared often, but when they do, they're following an Elemental. They know about the bases, and while they disgraced Ryan Brenek and his mother Jane despite how they managed to pinpoint the Niagara Falls base. Mitchell Parker, the Hunter that spotted MyKaila Amaro first, was determined to go after her before the leader praised him for finding her. While they did order for his daughter Lianna and Ryan to begin their own missions, Mitchell was the one who disgraced the Breneks when they failed to bring her in, and his own daughter is still out trying to find the base despite not having checked in since she was sixteen. The attempts to contact her have failed, and they're sending multiple Hunters to either bring her back, or find out what happened to her. Known Hunters are:

Leader: (PM me for this position)
Second-in-command: Mitchell Parker (played by Light-Witch)

Head trainer: Jane Brenek (former Kinetic Tracker, played by Light-Witch)
Trainers:

Head recruiter: (PM me for this role)
Recruiters:

• (reserved for SaheenTikeerleesh)

• Jamie Sapphire (played by Xcelgamer)

• Ryan Brenek (recently reinstated, played by Light-Witch)
  • Lianna Parker (currently MIA, but reason will be found to be her nature as an Elemental)

Humans are the ones who didn't show any sort of elemental power once they reached sixteen, and they also weren't raised to become Hunters like some other humans have. Those that side with the Hunters were made to believe that Elementals are dangerous and need to be wiped out, and those that side with the Elementals see the beauty of their powers and wish for them to live freely. Most of the humans have no idea that Elementals and Hunters even exist, and those that know of them are split down the middle. Known sympathizers for both sides are:

• Nash Ritz (played by Light-Witch)
CS Thread
Element reference
OOC/Lore
RP
Last edited by Light-Witch on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Re: [REQ] Elementals

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:31 pm

Can I reserve a Terra elemental?

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:30 am

I would like to reserve an umbra elemental
"I'm in lesbians with you." Scott Pilgrim

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:26 am

Yes, and yes. I'll make the necessary edits now, and feel free to play multiple characters besides any of the Elementals.

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:13 am

Could I also reserve a pyro tracker too?

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:26 am

so how do trackers track Elementals? Also with Talents for Elementals would that include their powers?

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:15 am

Sorry for not responding sooner, I've been sick all day today with something my boyfriend and our roommate caught before, and it's been taking a lot out of me for some reason.

Yes, you may Saheen.

For how Trackers would be able to track an Elemental, it's more like a pattern of behavior for before one would show their powers, but after the element reveals itself, it's more like they're tracking animals with how they manage to find one. Each Elemental gives off a sort of signature that they're not aware of, and Hunters learn these signatures for years before they can go on a mission. To give an example, once an Electro is revealed, any insulators they touch have a spark pattern similar to what would've started an electrical fire had they kept touching it while in a state when their emotions are high (like when they're on the run, or in the case of one Umbra that was in MyKaila's past, when they let their anger consume them). Hunters who can easily recognize this signature would become Electro Trackers, and it would be different for each type of Elemental. A Cyro will freeze water that it touches no matter what time of year it is, an Umbra will have the shadows move with them during the day and leave a trail for two hours, Photos have a chance to brighten the area for the same amount of time as an Umbra, a Hydro is easiest to track due to their steps always leaving a wet spot, Pyros leave a burn signature in flammable objects, Kinetics have more force with their footsteps, Terras physically crack the earth with their footsteps, and Aeros have gusts of wind follow them wherever they go that will blow anything that's either unrooted, or isn't over twenty pounds away. For whether or not their powers will be included in their talents, I would put which aspect of their element they have a natural gift with (in simpler terms, which aspect revealed that they were an Elemental).

Also, I'm making this clear right now: Elementals do not manifest before age sixteen. An Elemental parent may detect that their child could become one if they were with a human through an Element Sense (which all Elementals have and recruiters have trained that sense significantly, which caused the formation of the bases), but nobody is to have a character showing Elemental abilities earlier than sixteen. I will be working on my CS for my characters and the lore, but feel free to post your CSes in the CS thread in the meantime.

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:48 am

ok so with say an Umbra Elemental for example they have all the powers from that list and are alright in using but their talent is the thing in that list their best at correct?

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:10 pm

Yes, that's correct, and I have to make more edits due to an inaccuracy on my end with the Atmos, and the Elemental second-in-command has been reserved for another user.

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:38 pm

What things do trackers have to combat elementals?