[ONE] Warmaiden to prove them wrong [Romance]

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
Horned

[ONE] Warmaiden to prove them wrong [Romance]

Post by Horned » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:17 pm

Note: While I love long build-up and plenty of storyline, in the end I want this to lead to a romance between our characters. Keep that in mind.
Note2: My first post will be longer as I like to make some backstory happen. But for the regular posts, I don't think I would overdo average 5-10 sentences.

"Whenever royalty of the country is in need of a bodyguard - a faithful, skilled soldier that is not only capable of the job, but loyal to not betray them - they run a very specific contest. Contest is for all men that feel capable and puts them against each other in the battle; they look beyond their social class or reputation, as long as they never broke the crime, everyone is eligible to enter. Everyone, but women...

It has come time to run another one of those. As the contest begins, one of the warriors seems to be skilled more than others; he defeats one after another and in the end wins the competition. Everyone clasps, amazed at this skilled warrior, wondering who may that be. But as the mysterious warrior takes of their helm, they can see long, ginger locks, freckles, deep green eyes and a smile that only the sweetest of the girls could wear.

The law said that if a woman would dare to enter the contest, they would be hanged. However, not only one did so, she just showed everyone, and royalty itself that a woman can be stronger than all those other men..."

A short intro to the story I wanted to play. My character would be said girl (fyi, she is not insanely strong, she is just a very decent and smart warrior, and it's just amongst the man that came to the contest she happened to be the most skilled - but yes, there are many possible enemies that would be stronger than her.). The idea is that a royalty member needs a bodyguard for some reason (which is not decided yet), and held said contest. Most default possibility for you would to be a member of royalty but it is not required.

It is also not required for the girl to be chosen, only that her life is spared despite the law. You can play an advisor, a man in the crowd, a defeated warrior, anyone - I also don't mind either gender, if you want to go for FxF I'm open to that.

If you want to play a royalty member I do not specify either because this is open. It can be a King (Queen) or just a cousin or other further relative of said King (Queen) in need of protection.

I wanted to leave space for brainstorming and also, I love when people surprise me with their ideas. That is a beauty of roleplay to me.

Lore: This is the world filled with magic. Fantastic creatures, wizards and so on definitely possible. I imagine something like a medieval setup. I'm not adding more to this as I wanted more free and open to both parties kind of setup, so if you want to add to it, then I'm all ears! I want us to create the world together as well as fate of our characters.

Character Sheet

Name: Scarlet Lavoie
Race: Human

Appearance:
Slightly too tall for a woman, with long, ginger hair that she usually keeps braided, deep blue eyes and a face full of freckles.
Her body posture is slightly curvy, but her body is slightly muscular thanks to the tough constitution training and also sword training she has been through. If she is not wearing armor, she is wearing casual clothes, that show off her curves nicely.

Equipment:
While Scarlet wasn't born in a rich family, her father is a blacksmith and forged his best for her.
Even then, the equipment she uses for the contest is medium-quality at best. If she becomes a royal bodyguard she would need new equipment.

She is wearing a mail armor and she uses two-hand sword. She has a dislike for all types of shields and prefers to focus her all strenght on attack (but also, took her years of training to master dodging to make up for lack of shield).

Bio: All you need to know is that Scarlet was born in the poor family of blacksmiths. Her father is blacksmith, so was her grandfather and so on. She has couple of brothers and grew up amongst them, so she is not very feminine (she did not have any female to look up to during her childhood). She wants to be a warrior, a fighter, without being looked down by others. This is why she joined the competition and does not expect to win anything - just to survive and show that the law is pointless, and that women can be good fighters if they have passion for it.

Personality:
Scarlet is rough around the edges, and definitely bold and brave and confident however she has a girly side to herself that she doesn't like showing others. She is scared others would use it against her. She is honest and caring, and despised criminals but so despises laws that hurt people. Definitely have some hero element in her personality but wouldn't overdo it.

She is a proud individual. Scarlet would not appreciate any sassy jokes or comments about her gender. It is sensitive topic for her, as she saw too many women being disrespected.

Your character's bio should have similar parts covered, and if you're planning to play a magic wielder, please add details on that!
If there are any questions you would have, feel free to ask them :)

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: [ONE] Warmaiden to prove them wrong [Romance]

Post by Annasiel » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:47 pm

If no one else shows interest within the next few days, I'd be game to give this a whirl.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Horned

Post by Horned » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:06 pm

A few days have passed - would you still be interested in this, Annasiel?

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:36 am

I'm interested.

Horned

Post by Horned » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:07 am

Alright, do you have a character for that in mind?

I read up on Tohiro, and I'm afraid I don't want any super-natural themes in this story.

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:41 am

Yeah, the is just my super character for that section.

I can make one if you give me a little time.

Horned

Post by Horned » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:33 am

Sure thing, feel free to post it here :)

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:58 am

Cs

Name: Sister Gwyneth

Race: Human with a quarter elf

Appearance: While almost completely appearing human she has a very thin figure due to her Elven heritage. Another sign of her mixed family is her ears which are shaped like a normal human's but are slightly pointed on the tops, she hides them under her shoulder length jet black hair.

Bio: Gwyneth was born and raised in the kingdom's capital city to a lesser noble family. Her human father died in battle while she was still young leaving her halfing mother to raise her alone. Though Gwyneth was groomed to become a lady in waiting in hopes of raising her family's status she instead chose a diffrent path for herself.

When she was 16 she joined the Sword Sisters, an ancient female warrior caste made up of noble women who act as formal guards for the royal family. She was eagerly accepted into the order due to her father's status as knight commander, in time Gwyneth proved that she shared many of the same traits as her father. She quickly passed training and is now a fully fledged Sister along with only a dozen others who are only outranked by their leader, Mother Azel.

Personality: Gwyneth can be easily angered but has learned to control her anger and bite her tongue, while appearing humbled it wouldn't be wise to test her. As a sister she is trusted to make hard decisions and is given royal approval to sometimes bend the law, she tries not to use this too often since she knows that laws are put in place for a reason.
I'm a 'the glass is half filled with poison' kind of guy.

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:04 am

I was thinking the rp could start after the tournament and Scarlet had been taken into custody. She's waiting in a holding cell while her fate is being decided.

Also a quick sidenote the Sword Sisters are the only female warriors in the kingdom and only allow nobility to join their ranks.
I'm a 'the glass is half filled with poison' kind of guy.

Horned

Post by Horned » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:16 am

I think Sword Sisters would have to be a somewhat fresh group; if Scarlet knew of them, she would rather try to join their ranks than risk her life like this. Maybe something that began in the capital, maybe one of the leaders is connected to royalty in one way or another to let this happen. At the time they could be somewhat above the law, but working on making it legal and letting women be what they want?

The idea is that the whole thing of women not being allowed to be warriors is more social issue, and the law for tournament is one of few laws that are that direct about it; you could go and maybe be adventurer (if anyone wanted to give you a job, that is), but you would not be allowed to be part of a royal guard, for example.

The only reason her father allowed Scarlet to learn how to fight and taught her how to make weapons and armor, is that he believed that she will be simply helping him (and later, her brothers) to run their shop and then find herself a man to marry. He didn't expect her to try and break laws like that.

Anywho, if that works (if you want to add a few tweaks to what I've written, lemme know), I can get the first post ready soon. Scarlet being in the custody definitely works.