[F] Hail to the King

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
TheDarkOne

[F] Hail to the King

Post by TheDarkOne » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:50 pm

Bells ring out across Vallron, each chime slow and eerie as the people wake on a cold and crisp winters morn. Gathering by the fountain in the center of the city, a herald from the castle comes down and announces the news.

The King is dead. Long live the King.

King Cuthbert, the powerful and much beloved king of Vallron, has finally passed from old age, with his crown passing to his only remaining son Prince Silas. As preparations for his coronation are being made, news spreads throughout the land of the passing of Cuthbert, shocking the Grand Alliance at the death of the man who had led them to victory over the Virani Imperium only 10 years ago, a costly war that had cost Cuthbert his two first born sons, leaving him with Silas, weak in body but strong of mind. Silas had survived the war due to administrating Vallron while his brothers went to fight, and while no one doubts in his ability to be a good king, there is many doubts about his ability to protect his people. Silas was born with a lame leg, struggling to walk and unable to walk even as an adult without aid of a cane, although his mastery of the King's Blood and it's magic can allow him to strengthen it temporarily. But hungry eyes have their eyes on Vallron...

The Virani Imperium is the core power in the world, a rising star over the last few centuries. Once a small kingdom, they expanded into their neighbours through their advanced technology, which somehow allows the gift of magic to be weaponised for everyone. With their rifles and engines of war, they established an empire in the south before beginning their relentless march north, only to be met with strong opposition. Every kingdom, republic and khanate fearing the Imperium united under the Grand Alliance, combining their smaller armies into a force to rival the Imperium's might. Choosing King Cuthbert as their Grand Commander, he lead the battle against them, and despite the heavy cost he drove them from the north. Ever since, under their new Emperor Revan Enfost, the empire has rebuilt their forces, and built even larger machines of war, preparing to renew the offensives against those who stood against his father. Although the Kingdom of Vallron has it's own tricks up its sleeves.

The Kingblades are an elite group within Vallron, tasked with guarding the king's life at all costs. Masters of combat, they are more than a match for any foe, yet their real power comes with the bond they share with their king. Those chosen by the king, or inherited from the previous monarch, under go a public ceremony known as the Binding, where they swear a vow, and join in the King's Blood, granting them access to magic as well as a unique bond with their king. Should the king choose, he can pick out one of the Kingblades to link with, giving the chosen warrior the same limit of power he himself wielded, and the bond could he made or broken at any time, allowing them in battle to seamlessly share in power and focus it where required. During the war with the Imperium, Cuthbert and his Kingblades felled hundreds of soldiers together, eventually killing Emperor Naith and ending the invasion. With his passing, some of his own Kingblades will continue to protect Silas while some of his own chosen will join their ranks.

Soon however, they will be forced to defend their kings life and flee their kingdom, moving to petition the Alliance against the Virani Imperium. However due to the infighting between the members, assembling an army to liberate Vallron may be harder than they thought. Together with their king, they will resolve the issues and infighting with the Alliance, and take the fight back to the Imperium. However they will soon find out the dark powers at work against them, and the puppet Emperor who thinks he has control over them...

C.S
Name:
Personality:
Weapons:
Magic/Powers:
Bio:
Last edited by TheDarkOne on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xcelgamer

Re: [F] Hail to the King

Post by Xcelgamer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:59 pm

So is there a difference between magic and powers? Also is it just one magic/power?
"I'm in lesbians with you." Scott Pilgrim

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Magic would be based more on the elements, whereas power is more augmentation such as extreme strength etc

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:27 pm

so is it power and magic or just one of them?

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:18 pm

You can mix and match

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:40 pm

seems interesting
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

WaitingCynicism

Post by WaitingCynicism » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:48 pm

i'm interested

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:56 pm

I'll post my own C.S tomorrow, I'll be taking the part of Silas, incase anyone would like to write around it

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:42 am

Would it be OK if I played as a defector from the Virani Inperium?

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:54 am

Of course