[REQ] Regrets, Rebirth and Rent

If you're willing to consistently post a paragraph and want more depth than casual, try this on for size. (5-10 sentences per post, on average.)
SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Re: [REQ] Regrets, Rebirth and Rent

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:14 pm

I kind if like the thought of playing a very confused 12 year old kid who has no idea of what is going on.

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:31 am

I'm pretty concerned about that idea, actually. The way I see it, this character's going to have to wise up, and not before long, either. After that, they lose a character trait and the reason I let them into the RP as a child. I don't think it's much better if they somehow don't find out what's happening here. It'd be hard to believe someone can avoid the truth like that barring willful ignorance. If they don't find out, then by definition it's a trait that won't change about them, which gets boring and could grate.

There's also the main reasons I wanted to restrict minors. I planned for residents to board alone or with a housemate, and the former is impractical and dangerous while the latter can easily get plain creepy. The Landlord is a sentient being (probably) with goals; borrowing a child to either live alone or with a stranger is counterproductive, to him. I'd say Luna would probably get a pass because there's a lot more precedent for someone in their late teens living away from home.
Snowskeeper wrote:"I rip off my head and slam-dunk it into the nearest trashcan

Good morning"
- May 2017

SaheenTikeerleesh
Silver

Post by SaheenTikeerleesh » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Okay

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:04 pm

I just noticed this and it's awesome. I love the way you did your OP. I'd definitely like to join, I'll think up a CS.

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:59 am

Thank you, Illirica!

On a side note, I'll be updating the second post soon, and hopefully post a CS after that, but I've been a tad busy these few days. It's clearing up though, so I'll try my best to catch up.

Good morning"
- May 2017

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:31 pm

spacer

Katelyn. My name is Katelyn.

...No.

I don't talk to them any more.
spacer

Don't wanna.

Go screw yourself, buddy.

I don't trust people, okay?
spacer

I used to be pretty, once.

Nah. Kinda... messed myself up a little. You know. Short hair, edgy red dye job, too many tattoos. Track marks.
spacer

25. 26? I'm not sure. I guess I lost track of time.
spacer

I remember that I spent a lot of time trying to forget.

Mostly I just found new things to try to forget.
spacer
Katelyn Reed. Her life was probably over the moment she was born, it just took a while for things to wrap up. Like most in her situation, she never had a chance. Her mother was fifteen, her father was the "exciting older college boy" who was so much fun up until there was a pregnancy to think about. Every once in a while he'd drop into Katelyn's life and pretend he was a great father. Usually drunk. Katelyn's mom probably wouldn't have made anything of herself anyway, but she blamed her lack of chances on getting saddled with a baby and dropping out of school. Home life wasn't nice, school was just another way to get in trouble, and she was looking for ways to escape by the time she hit middle school.

Like a lot of kids, she found them. Anything she could try, to forget things for a while. By the time she hit sixteen, it was heroin. She dropped out of school to "work" full time, but holding down a job was hard. It was easier just to sleep around for whatever she needed, or just steal a few things here and there.

For a while, she pretended that was living. She almost had herself fooled, when it ended. It's a story that's been told before: drug bust gone wrong. Katelyn wasn't even dealing, but once the guns came out, she got caught in the crossfire. End of the story.

Why does someone like her deserve a second chance? Maybe everyone does. Or maybe someone just feels bad that she never really had a first chance. Either way, she's here for now. She's not worried about selling her soul. After all, she's already sold everything else.

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:04 am

Here's a CS. Also, I edited the second post to include a bit more content.

CS
Name: He only introduces himself as "Landlord" to his tenants.
Personality: He holds a smug, devil-may-care attitude towards his tenants, which isn't entirely unjustified, since he's the whole reason they walk the earth again. What a right tosser, though. Strangely, he seems to have eyes in every corner, and will sometimes "accidentally" drop a hint about this.
Appearance: It's weird. It's not like you can't see him, but for some reason your mind never seems to grasp a concrete image of him. You can tell that he at least looks like an old man, with white hair and wrinkles, but nothing else notable comes to mind for now.
Age at Death: You're not even sure if he's died.
Short Bio: Maybe not.

Good morning"
- May 2017

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:46 am

Here's another CS. By the way, I'm going to need those of you still interested to say something, whether it's posting a CS or just saying you're still in so I can keep track.

CS
Name: Jess Hargrave
Personality: Jess is just done with people. She wasn't social in life, and only really trusted one person. Trusted, past-tense. Because of this, she's a massive shut-in, and even the people she talks to she keeps at arm's distance at best. When approached, she's liable to freeze up, paralyzed with fear. Getting physical is also a possibility as Jess tries to defend her personal space.
Appearance:

Standing at a towering 5'11", her tall stature plus her quiet demeanor can often make her come off as cold. Her entire wardrobe is harsh blacks and whites.
Age at Death: 29
Short Bio:
"Tyres screeched against the brakes, a jolt like my head was slammed against a wall. The last thing I hear before I lose consciousness is the horn of a car. My car, I think, and it's a scary thought. The sound joins me in fading away.

I come to, who knows how long after. Someone I'm close to is talking to a doctor. I can't remember who it is now, but I know he or she is important. I think they're talking about me. I'm on life support, they say. I want to say something, scream that I'm awake and I don't want to go, but nothing is moving. They keep talking, and I may as well be dead to the world. They stop, and suddenly I feel things around me shut down. For once, I realize in full clarity what is happening. I'm paralyzed, and I've just been doomed to die by someone dear to me. The last thing I hear is about how it's what I would've wanted.

The sound joins me in fading away.

Do I get to forget this now?"

Good morning"
- May 2017

anotherbabyrose
Bronze

Post by anotherbabyrose » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:59 pm

I’m still here!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:47 am

Well, that's 4 people we have so far including the "maybe" I got from Annasiel on Discord, which is less than I expected, but I can't deny there's good in a cosy group. If anyone else wants to join though, I'm not closing it off here.

Good morning"
- May 2017